Should I get quake champions or overwatch?

Same price. Similar ideas. Both are beloved in their own way. Wat do Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GKJmlrhSr5U
youtu.be/NfncP_FkFe8
youtu.be/MoGij5eFdx8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

quake champions is free

They're not very similar other than being FPS with "heroes".

QC is fucking merciless and demanding

Quake Champions, but be prepared to spend time to git gud. You will get your shit pushed in for a while

Don't you know that Overwatch invented the concept of characters not just being skins?

Team Fortress did that in the 90s

And Super Mario Bros. 2 did it in the 80s. I was just joking

I thought you meant for MP shooters. Hexen did it yet before, and had MP

Only if you played the beta. If you didn't, you have to wait until next year. Or pay $30.

I bought QC yesterday and I've been having fun. Haven't played Overwatch, so I wouldn't know about that.

Doom feels so good to play in this game with the classic skin it's not funny.

QC is the better game
OW has more players

neither

>QC is fucking merciless and demanding

Quake also did that in the infamous PS2 port of Quake 3

It just failed because it had no online multiplayer and no m+kb support

Buy qc and it'll be dead within a year. Atleast with ow you can fap to the characters

At least you can't blame team for sucking ass while you do

Maybe it won't - it carries some legacy from series and Beth will pump shitload of money both in id Software and maketing to make it happen.

I know you're memeing because you
A. Haven't played it
or
B. Have played it and you got your ass handed to you
but the game is solid and the devs are truly trying to make it great. It won't ever be huge, but it certainly won't be "dead"

bitch you cant argue with that, heroes with different stats and abilities are shit and were imposed by current trends but other than that its same old quake

Will Quake Champions have a purist mode that disables the DOTA skills? If not, it's shit.

Yes, they announced a "ranger only" mode

Probably, but as said, it's still 90% quake

quakebabbys

You know, that pic is quite accurate.

i feel like Quake Champions is better and faster, but OW has more people since it's easier. Watch some gameplay and decide, man

/arena/ is the best

Go back to your anime and stop contaminating this board.

Have they already got memes pumping out about this game?

Quake Champions, obviously.

Yes

Well, keep it up man.

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=GKJmlrhSr5U

>similar ideas

>Shit, I didn't know Visor is real, but for me he also resembles some other guy... I can't remember his name...

If you haven't played QUake competitively in the past, don't bother with QC. You'll get destroyed all the time and there's no way to catch up skill wise with people who having playing QUake for 20 years.

>Muh bad hit registration

but the guy who won duels in the quakecon tournament is an up and coming guy.

>who having playing
*who have been playing

Overwatch is about pressing Q, Champions is about having good aim and map knowledge.

PUBG already used the "youre just not good" shilling tactic but this is just laughable at this point.

Not the same type of game. Quake if you want to git gud in fast paced game and OW if you want a moba fps hero shooter

They're both pretty shit. I'd recommend Overwatch, it won't be dead in a month, and they've got so much money coming in odds are at one point they might actually have a good idea.

I had the worst game ever the other day with something like 2-14. My spawns just kept getting predicted or I would go for power weapon or boosts but they were always taken or I was constantly running into 1v2 situations.

Truth, quake is a video game and overwatch is a digital time consumer.
>I'd rather play garbage for a year than a video game for a month
It'll last way longer than that, but even if you weren't a massive faggot you'd be wrong

Get Quake Champions if you want a first person shooter
Get Overwatch if you want a first person moba

The REAL patrician's choice though, is Quake 2 or 3

>Clutch
>slow

The fastest tank if you know what you're doing. Dash boosts you to 650ups on top of respectable strafejumping and the cooldown on it pretty much nonexistant

It comes down to taste.

I just fucking hate capture the point stuff so I never bothered with Overwatch because from the outside looking in that's all their is. The Sacrifice game type in QC is interesting and I play that sometimes but I like good old DM/TDM/Duel the most.

>
>merciless and demanding

Come on now. Its an age old rooty tooty point and shooty now with a magic button.

claws had 5 years of QL experience prior to that, and was world-class at it. He's Cypher's "pupil"

Do you really think Beth will leave it just like that after release? It has "Quake" in the name and both id and Beth knows it so id will try capture the Quake feeling for all cost (imo it might cost them some staff reduction after failure) and Beth will try to market it hard after release. And it will be promoted more than LawBreakers and way harder than Battleborn. Atm soft marketing is happening right now (contract with AMD, $1M tournament) but nothing intensive.

that doesnt means its still possible. one of the hardest to get into but its still possible. people like a challenge.

What a horrible, pathetic attitude. You don't have to be pro level to have fun and you can still get plenty good enough to beat quakedads and pubstars

You are the textbook definition of a scrub.

I hope you quoted the wrong post because that makes no fucking sense as a reply

I feel like Doomguy and BJ are lacking, but especially Doomguy.

>If you haven't played QUake competitively in the past, don't bother with QC. You'll get destroyed all the time and there's no way to catch up skill wise with people who having playing QUake for 20 years.

>claws had 5 years of QL experience prior to that

>people who having playing QUake for 20 years.

>claws had 5 years

>20 years =/= 5

>mfw enemy doesn't pick Nyx - Visor - Anarki

I'll be fapping to Nyx's HIPS for a long time famalam

Would QC even have half of its current audience if there was no Sorlag for furries to attach themselves to?

Overwatch is shit, you may consider buying it if they happen to unfuck the game.

Do not recommend buying quake champions since it's a game involving bethesda + in early access, issues are probably not going to be addressed for months and even years.

If you want to play or try "fps with heroes", you should first try paladins, it's better than overwatch, even though it blatantly stole some of the ideas from it.

If you want to play quake, it's better to try quake live.

It's quake. Either you've been playing it for a decade and enjoy it, or you rarely if ever play it.
Particularly with destiny 2 coming out, it really doesn't have much of a future. It's always going to be nothing but high level play.

it will most assuredly be dead. I'm not the guy you're replying to, but I have played it, and it has drastically inferior gameplay to older Quake games (and pretty much every arena FPS that exists). It is a downgrade in every respect (except for graphics, lul) and plays like clunky dogshit. Bethesda might have money, but that doesn't mean they're not woefully clueless. Overwatch will still be popular in a year, QC will not

What if I pick Nyx, Sorlag, Anarki?

They need to get the footfags to play this game. I hope id makes open footwear cosmetics, pedicure customization options, and the ability to play barefoot for female human champions.

Sorlag's feet are already good enough

But they didn't though?

Scalies and furfags need not apply.

Cool so I only have to play for 5 years with a pro mentor to get to the competitive level necessary to even start enjoying the game.

Cool

I'm afraid they're gonna nerf Sorlag due to shitter complaints.

Her stack needs to stay as it is. It's the same as Clutch's and nobody calls him broken, and he even has better mobility. Sorlag's main problem is that the spit is incredibly annoying on all gamemodes and it's only a 30 sec cooldown

I can't stand any other character's gross post-Q2 movement, Sorlag is the only character that feels like Quakeworld and I love it. Make the acid spit 45 seconds and she's perfect

Quake Champions looks like the better game, but I'm not sure if you should get any of them.

the funny thing is that OW is much harder to play well than QC. The skill ceiling on Pharah (a Quake-inspired hero) alone is higher than anything QC has to offer. It is a dumbed-down version of Quake for babbies and that's why washed up veterans like rapha, cooller, and dahang are abandoning a game they failed to find any success in (despite being on pro teams) to play this comfort zone garbage game. They know they'll never catch up to the Koreans or even the Europeans in OW, but they might be able to frag some noobs in QC for awhile that haven't played q3dm6 a hundred thousand times like they have.

its a blizzard game user, they will never UNFUCK what it is fucked since day 1

White people are so embarrassing

>the funny thing is that OW is much harder to play well than QC.

>tfw didn't like Quake
>think I'll get rekt
>tfw already knew how to bunny hop, trick jump, and aim thanks to Jedi Outcast and Enemy Territory

ET is different to Quake on how you gain speed, but it gave me the fundamentals of being a massive faggot who abuses terrain.

>you should first try paladins, even though it blatantly stole some of the ideas from Overwatch.
Stop right there.

Paladins is good, because it's less retarded version of OW and also for free. Quake Champions on the other hand is very hard but way more rewarding than both when you get good. I recommend to bring some friends into it.

>White people
>Tyrone

the ETQW hero will be a strogg technician

>the funny thing is that OW is much harder to play well than QC
This is wrong

>The skill ceiling on Pharah (a Quake-inspired hero) alone is higher than anything QC has to offer
This is laughable. Quake's movement alone trumps anything Pharah or any character has.

If you don't like quake you don't like video games, period

>Tyrone
>white

I wish they made it so hourglasses were replaced with +5 Health AND Armour pickups, cooldowns are cooldowns for a reason and only Galena needs the reduction as part of her abilities (which even then can be unaffected through picking up healing to recover cooldown).

>Implying you autistic fucks don't pretend to be black all the time

the sweat on your reaction picture is appropriate

I would be panicking too if my dead babbygame was getting BTFO

>Destiny 2 coming out, it really doesn't have much of a future.
Everybody already aknowledged it's just Destiny 1 expansion pack and if people want some fast pve MMO shooting they would just pick Warframe.

qc isn't quake though. it's dumbed-down clunky Bethesda fanfiction

it's 90% id game (and maybe some bits of saber tech), bethesda is just a publisher.

Except it's on PC.
>Warframe
No.
QC is poorly done reskinned quake. You're either already playing Q3 in which case it's a superior game, or you're gonna be playing one of the fifty other FPS more suitable to a casual audience.

If you plan to invest lots of time QC
If you plan to invest little time OW

>I have to be pro to enjoy a game
You're going to be very disappointed in life

>Slash's slide
>Nyx's walljump
UrT remake on QC engine when?
youtu.be/NfncP_FkFe8
youtu.be/MoGij5eFdx8

What they didn't what did TF?

> it's 90% id software
> no John Carmack

try harder next time pls

waframe fag here, i dont mind destiny on pc, we always take a brake from game because of burnouts, so its nice to have some backup when time comes. Tried during beta and from pve standpoint destiny looked decent to me.

Quake Champions is gonna be free once it leaves Early Access, so take that into consideration. Chances are it will also be quite dead, which is a shame.
Overwatch is good casual fun, and they added DM and TDM too. It'll be quite healthy for some time i'd bet and say what you will about blizzard, but they tend to support their games for a very long time.

>no John Carmack
Like he gave a shit for game instead just for tech...

There is still Tim Willits in id who was responsible for every Quake in the franchise (minus Quake 4 and ETQW which was made by another company) and is responsible for QC.