Try building computer

>Try building computer
>Accidentally set it on fire

>try making a fire
>accidentally build a computer

Here's a tip _______________get good________________________

What went wrong?

>tfw this kind of shitposting is obsolete since ATi doesn't exist anymore.

>Try making a thread
>Accidentally create a pile of shit instead

>try making a building
>accidentally fire up a computer

>building
>assembling
pick one

>PC

People always make PCs, but is it possible to make a Mac?

>Try to bake sausages in my toaster
>Accidently fry the toaster and set fire to half the kitchen
In my defence there was no pan

Yeah, google around if you want some hackintosh, it's just a pc with specific parts supported by APPLE OSes.

Yeah

A Big Mac

Lol

>Accidentally
This is Sup Forums you know, nothing accidental about making shit.

>that solder bubbling where the power connector on VGA is
nice

Looks fine to me, it's ready to take off.

I blew the processor on one of the first PCs I tried to build when I was like 10 years old.

>was building a Ryzen PC
>got thermal paste on CPU pins
how did I even do that

u deserve it

The only fuckup I ever had with building a computer was my friend wanted to install a 970 on his prebuilt like HP or some shit a couple years back. That was a bitch because this thing wasn't designed to come apart... This metal housing shit like bonded the case together and was all over the place and hard as fuck to rip out, ... reminded me of fixing a dual shock 3 because those cocksuckers are loaded with this filament shit on the input board that makes them tricky to rip apart the first time you try. I had to rip it all this shit out and then when I flashed up the computer it would turn on for a second, beep a couple times horribly and instantly turn off. Deciphered the beeps, and it turns out there was grounding problems... Which I knew had to do with the metal housing shit I had done a half-ass job ripping out was making a contact somewhere. Stripped the rest, got it working, but what a pain.

>not making own vacuum tubes and having a small building dedicated to hand made gaming rig

Please keep calling it 'building' because that makes it easier to be smug about sticking together 5 components.
'Assembling' sounds like something $0.05/per hour chinese worker would do.

Yeah it's called a hackintosh you just have to do your research beforehand.

>building
Lmao, don't pretend it's nothing more than assembling some legos.

>I blew the processor

Yeah no you didn't.

>try building computer
>get dick stuck in the fan

>What went wrong?

You put a smoke machine inside?

Look at the pcb, the solder on the 2nd pin from the right in the 2nd row, right next to the big cooler outright melts.

>assembling my first computer
>doing it totally blind, only using the instructions that came with the parts
>have everything put together
>hit the power button
>hear a loud popping noise, smell light smoke and computer doesn't turn on
>quickly shut it off, about ready to fucking cry
>check all cords, they're in the right spots, don't really see anything I need to mess with
>turn it on again in a fit of frustration/desperation
>no noise or smell
>works perfectly and still works perfectly to this day
Uh, we take those?

>try to overclock CPU to emulate
>PC catches fire and burns the whole district down

>try playing games on PS4
>it randomly spit out discs

>build pc
>don't tidy up cables
>haven't dusted it in 2 years
>haven't had any problems yet
who here /lazy/

>totally blind
>only use the proper instructions
There would be much less overall smoking events if people actually did RTFM instead of wasting time with YOUTUBE 'experts' and e-celebs.

Google around there are fixes for that stuff.

>build PC
>get front page newspaper piece hailing me as one of the greatest child prodigy's of the country

I love how many neckbeards get butthurt over this, lmao. Let the kid feel good about himself, as silly as the article is.

>Invents
Fucking news writers are probably having a giggle about retarded masses reading their shit.
Making bets about who can write stupider articles without getting called out by general populace.

>Invented

RTFM?

The only weird thing about the article is it's London. More rural newspapers write articles like this all the time. It's just half filler, half feel good piece about the community. I get that no one reads newspapers anymore but there's really nothing wrong with that piece.

>plug console into TV
>it just works

>Needs a fucking news article to make a kid feel good about himself

Just say good job and make him some grill cheese or something muhfugga

>invents
>600 bong dollars
>high spec

>put a motherboard in a case and plug it in
>"so, I am good at building computers."

Read The Fucking Manual.
Standard reply on any HW/SW/system support forums to new people asking about very basic shit clearly explained in said manuals.

>Fucking news writers are probably having a giggle
nah, they do this all the time when making pieces about africans. a few years ago i saw a video piece of a guy interviewing a great african robot inventor and it was literally just a k'nex robot kit with toilet paper tubes over the limbs. it was absolutely bizarre. i hope someone can find the clip.

>More rural newspapers
Well, it's ok if it's shit like 'little Jimmy the local inventor welded a rocket engine to his wheelbarrow and will be back from hospital in 2 weeks' but writing about 'inventing computer' when you just buy parts from shop and stick them together seems like too much.

Yeah lol the meaning hit me right after I made the post
Honestly aside from the hiccup at the end it was a fairly easy task. The only really annoying part was having to go out and buy a bunch of extra shit I didn't even know I needed.

Did you expect building computers to be more difficult than LEGOs?

building crap with LEGO blocks is more cognitively taxing than assembling a computer.

What a beautiful video games thread.

Literally me. Even worse, my case is sitting on a carpet.

Those huge lego sets are rocket science compared to building a shitty PC. One took me months as a kid.

>accidentally build computer backwards
>have to play games from end to start

>redditor posts shitty meme
>he should probably kill himself

>What went wrong?
the giant CPU cooler's heat sink was touching the graphics card and it created a short circuit, which caused parts of the card to get extremely hot from all the excess electrical current passing through. It made one of the capacitors "blow" as the overwhelming current forced its way through the cap in a temporary arc, like a microscopic lightning bolt. This burns up the cap, making it spew out smoke and glow momentarily.

don't put conductive metal on bare circuitry