How bad is this game?

how bad is this game?
or is it fun?
do i have to play as a fucking woman if i want to be an archer?

is fine
yes
no but shes the best for most bow skills

So which class should I pick? Can anyone use a bow?

>friendly reminder this game got Xbox one version and it is great to play it with gampead.

Anyone can use any weapon. Any class can also use any skill gem providing they meet the stat requirements. The thing is that some classes won't offer you good damage nodes. You'll get spell damage instead of projectile damage or cast speed instead of attack speed. No reason you can't make it work though. If you start templar and have to go elemental damage early just use an attack with ellie damage and a bow with a lot of + element.

PoE is better than Diablo

Which class is most fun?

Duelist can be a decent bowman

poe is diablo 1.5

grindy piece of shit with boring endgame, abyssmal droprates and awful trading that is doubly awful because the devs pretend it's supposed to be so.

oh and the skill gem system is a wasted potential mess, which was supposed to be THE thing about the game, but instead ended up bringing it down due to terrible design decisions and management throughout the game's lifetime since release.

Game is shit

I dunno, I think it's pretty fun. Maybe it's because I'm just playing on normal so I don't really plan my build ahead of time or spend hours grinding to make sure my DPS is at maximum.

Graphics are shit, animations are shit, game is slow and clunky, boring atmosphere and world design.

I rather play Diablo 3. It's fast, has great artwork, looks nice and overall is more balanced.

lol

You wish,kid.

Class only determines where you start on the passive tree, that's it (and how early you can get a few skill gems I think). So you can do anything as anyone, it'll just be way shittier depending on how far through the tree you have to walk to get to stuff that the "normal" class would immediately have access to.

I can't think of any reason to ever play diablo 3 again. Tried it, not worth the money unless its on a big sale.

If its your first timer, any class would do, the main starting class doesn't really matter too much. Whats important is what spells(and combinations/chains) you want to use to get to end game.

The game can be too complex for beginners and often times miss the intricacies of the games. I do wish the game's tree was streamlined.

>has great artwork, looks nice
kill yourself

>Class only determines where you start on the passive tree

That isn't true anymore because of ascendancy.

>Class only determines where you start on the passive tree, that's it
I guess you haven't played since they added the Ascendancy classes?

Diablo III looks like bright cartoony shit. The graphics just look like world of warcraft and it doesn't suit the dark tone of the series in the slightest.

Blizzard did the same thing with the graphics for Starcraft II and it made that game look fucking stupid too.

Oh right I legit forgot about ascendancy. Guess it really does matter a lot since that was added in.

>I rather play Diablo 3

bait

>Start leveling a marauder to eventually make him a blast rain totem chieftain
>feel like I'm forgetting something
Oh. OH.

>how it should look like
no, that's just a stupid ugly filter
they need to fix the architectural styles and general proportions of everything, fix all the flat textures, fix all the overly smooth textures, add dynamic lighting and more shadow, give monsters better contrast against the world, design better monsters (fuck cackling skeletons), and fix the color schemes for a lot of the zones so they're not monocolored for no reason

plus more shit that I forgot probably

man i was supposed to be asleep like five hours ago but i just sat there on pob plugging in random shit from poe.trade and trying to minmax and before i knew it i stayed up the entire night making a spreadsheet of what has the greatest returns

i dont even like this fucking build i tell myself i'm going to save up a couple dozen exalts and start over into whatever is stupidly strong right now so i can grind out a headhunter by the end of the league

but i spent like 15ex on random rares rolled by autistic high balling russians just to add ~70k dps which doesn't mean anything given i already have plenty of damage and the though of grinding more currency with this faggot.... ugh

this game is ruining my life someone fucking end me please

that's not even how diablo 3 looks though. that was a prerelease screenshot

I only started trading in 3.0 and so far I had a very positive experience.

One of the best archers is the Templar, the god loving guy, because of the ascendancy (it's like a subclass).
So no, you don't have to be a woman. That said you do start at a good place in the passive tree with her.

it's really good but it takes awhile to get into, there's just too much stuff at the start for new players to get a grip on.

Also who 40/40 here?

>Download that Path of Building thing
>Calculates your DPS and health and shit
>Never have a reason to play again since the whole fun is in planning your character

I preferred trade before xyx/poe.trade or any other kind of external trade applications, not bait.

Its fine now but if they ever implement an auction house im out, im pretty sure they never will though so I enjoy the salt from everyone whos been asking for it for years.

It would make no difference if you used Path of Building or not if all you wanted to do is plan your character. Weak meme.

I'm not calculating all of that shit in my head, nigger

Only 22 in, I make too many alts and don't trade.

Why are hardcore kiddos so butthurt about SSF?
Literally can't stop falseflagging.

Maybe you're lying about "the whole fun is in planning your character" then, as you don't put much effort into it and instead go with whatever and level that character up to check if it failed or not. Checkmate.

I think of something I haven't done before like fucking Blink Arrow totems, plan it out and see how well it works in practice.
Because I can already see how well it works at stage one I have no reason to play the game.

Farm maps/Ulab to buy better gear, so you can farm faster the game. (It only takes ~1500 Spider forest maps to get headhunter)

If people were judging skills by "how it work at stage one", nobody would use Righteous Fire.

Most hardcore players would be literally incapable of hitting 80 if they couldn't buy gear.

Not "how it works at stage one", "how it works" at stage one. You get the damage calculated accurately at the planning stage, you fuck.

Only 5 of the ascendancies are truly meaningful in a build-enabling way (Jugg, Berserker, Necro, Sab, Pathfinder)
The others pretty much just give you generic damage or survivability upgrades.
Actually that's pretty much all jugg does, but jugg adds SO MUCH survivability that it becomes build enabling.

Some of the design is frustrating, like the lack of zoom distance and their love of one shots and having colors bleed together on boss fights.

It is fun for the character building, going through the story and feeling like a god. However the endgame needs work because right now it's boring as fuck and sextants are fucking gay.

No you don't but she is the best suited for it. Load up on MTXs goy and you won't even know it's a she.

What does zerker enable? All I can think of is selfcast DP and that's fresh off the presses.

There is zoom though, it's just locked in options by default.

Well it's not zerker alone that enables the builds it's zerker in combination with Marauder's start location enabling you to stack life like fucking mad to make a build that would normally be squishy nigh-immortal.

Your example of selfcast DP is a good one, because you CAN make it work as an occultist or Assassin, but you won't have 7500 life as a Shadow or Witch without all your gear having T1 life rolls.

I tried selfcast DP as occultist and it doesn't play nice together at all. Leech is insufficient to ever feel safe and spamming DP blocks your ES recharge. And occultist without ES just feels eh.

this is what poe looks like

and im not even joking
this is where the real game takes place

fucking ggg and their "+2.342% increased damage effectiveness of maximum phyisical 2H sword, claw and staff ( 50% effectiveness ) damage after killing a rare or unique enemy for 4s while using a flask, having an aura and a magick dildo up your ass" turned the game into a spreadsheet simulator

Occultist DP is a softcore build. Not that there's really anything wrong with that but it's meant to do hilarious amounts of damage rather than be survivable.

It's arguably the best ARPG/Diablo clone depending on who you ask.

I personally didn't enjoy it too much. The abysmal drop rates that basically forces trading, the aesthetic that makes the game look ugly despite good graphics, the devs thinking they know best and forcing the community to make up for their weaknesses (loot filters, poe.trade, etc), the general gameplay devolving down to spamming one skill/ability, the excessively convoluted passive skill tree designed just to encourage orbs to fix your stats, etc.

I unironically thinking Diablo 3 would be better if that game had trading and toned down the loot drops.

I don't play HC ever, but I still think not dying should be a feature of every build.

>Using a decade old image

Diablo 3 was changed on release and again in a patch IIRC. It looks like an inbetween of the bottom images.

If you're playing DP Occultist you should be doing at minimum 1m dps (which is enough to shred map bosses up to tier 12 without ever getting hit) by level 70.
Their survivability only really falls apart at uber-level content.

I think the biggest problem with PoE is that it is literally a spreadsheet simulator. The gameplay itself sucks so all the fun is in planning how to build your character.

Thinking back on it I don't know how I enjoyed Diablo 2 as a kid if it was the same. But maybe it wasn't since I remember being able to get end game builds and stuff without looking at the numbers.

I think D2 and similar games fall into the "It was good back in the days". The interface is too limiting nowadays to provide a grand gaming experience.

>Thinking back on it I don't know how I enjoyed Diablo 2 as a kid if it was the same.
d2 combat, at least early, flows much better and has amazing pulsatingly dark atmosphere, plus skill systems were much simpler and straightforward so you could wing it much more easily
they definitely should turn the genre into a third-person action game

Name ONE Shaper-capable attack build that's neither crit nor RT.

SRS

Harbinger challenge rewards are probably the worst we've got. Give me something like Perandus portal effect or Rigwald armor and now we're talking.

yeah but atleast this time the supergrindy one was easy, 1337 bosses when you need to do 100 atziri's anyways (they give 6 each). Much less of a hassle than the previous leagues.

molten strike berserker, uses EO so it's neither.

>1337
Cringe.

Range is best for new players who want a bow build. Rangers, Shadows, and Witches can also make Bow builds, but they're more niche.

What build did you even use?

Its alright, just too easy, yet at the same time dont bother playing hardcore. Connection issues can kill so easily and if someone else within a square mile of where you live opens up a web page it can fuck you.