Gundam VS

You guys enjoying the Gundam Versus Beta?

>Favourite Suit
Been on a streak with Chars Zaku, dashes use little meter and the gun is basically risk free.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bPhDg_jLspo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>howtochar.webm
>not a single kick

>dashes use little meter
They use about as much as any other 200.
>gun is basically risk free
You run the risk of putting yourself in vernier if you go out-of-angle during the barrage, same as any other suit with an MG.

Also looking at that webm you gotta learn how to move properly.

>>They use about as much as any other 200.
Actually, I rescind that. Labbing with him now and yeah, they do use pretty little meter.

Yeah I realised they actually use the same meter after I posted it.

Also that webm is one of my more terrible ones. Not gonna pretend I am good.

Just for you

guys what do you press to use the lowest weapon on the right-hand screen there?
i've tried everything

I think it is R2 by default.

idk I'm trying to figure out that stuff too. the beta is cap and doesn't even offer a tutorial mode. and I literally never seen a gundam show so I have no idea about wepon variety or which ones are just cool. I'm trying to like this game because it seems like a blast but this beta isn't doing much for me. trials is puss easy bUT a simple free batthe with 300 mechs and I get my ass handed too me. I just don't get it and I don't wanna waste my time playin as dozens of gundam to only end up liking 3

It varies from suit to suit. But the typical input is Shooting + Melee (Square + Triangle for default binds).
There's macro binds you can assign to your controller to streamline things though.

Every suit will have at the -least- four moves + a melee attack that can be activated through combinations of a(square), b(triangle) and c(cross) and directional inputs (usually we use numpad notation: 8, 2, 5 and 4/6).

Here's a couple of suits with non-standard inputs for moves with ammo counters:
>ZZ - Pressure is actually 2b
>Turn X - Gerobi is 2ab

Keep trying different suits until something clicks with you. There's a lot of different ones for different playstyles.

I keep forgetting how shit beam rifles are in Versus PS4. That range nerf, that lock on nerf.

Why couldn't we just get a prettier MBON?

I don't get how I should be playing. Most of the players I fight are boosting all over the place, but if I try that I overheat and fall down and then they combo me to death. If I try just normally moving without boosting all the time, they either pepper me with shots or close in and murder me at close range.

Anyone know how to git good with the Crossbone X1?

Learn how to manage your boost properly.
A good tip is to STOP PRESSING BUTTONS. Something I notice new players (who are actually at least trying to play smart) is that they feel the need to keep pressing buttons until their boost gauge is empty.
The more meter you have in your bar when you land, the quicker you can get moving again (>50%,

Don't overheat is all.
Boost but be smart about it. Pay attention to when they overheat so you can punish them

If you're playing on controller the right stick down boost dives. After a boost dive you get your boost back faster.

It's fun but I miss all the suits I used to play in Full Boost.

>GN-X's dash
I love this machine for melee

Anyone play the nip version? How is Barbatos Lupus and Virtue?

Mediocre and trash respectively.

Damn, guess I'll stick to og barbatos

Thanks. It doesn't help that I panic easily and tend to button mash under pressure. It's why I can't play fighting games, they move too fast for me to keep track.
I've been finding it hard to pay attention to the boost gauge at the same time as what's going on onscreen.

I've been trying with the ez8 and got my first win, that's probably just from some lucky shots with the big gun and whittling them down with the machine gun. I still don't feel like I really know what I'm doing; I've been watching other people play and they're moving way too fast!

>EZ8
Very bad beginner suit. Pick something with more conventional movement.
Don't use ground-runners until you have a more concrete understanding of how movement and guidance works in this game.

I've mostly just been using 0079 suits because that's the only series I've watched so far. What are good suits for beginners?

>strafe and shoot
Deep and engaging gameplay.

wow

that looks boring as fuck

What's the point of removing x2 kai's cape?

Thats just how you wreck scrubs who have no clue how to play.

Ex-78 is pretty good.
Dynames is also a good suit for learning how to be patient and punish landings

>Favourite Suit
Flag Custom. That grab is just so damn satisfying to use.

How is Lupus mediocre compared to regular Barbatos?

Been playing with Gundam ground type and ez8 in this beta. Having good fun with them. It's pretty funny to see people with 500 suits making a mess while lower suits do the work

Here's some suits that should be easy to understand.

>500
Turn X
Zeta
Sinanju

>400
RX-78
Freedom
Full Armor Gundam

>300
Exia
Barbatos (this and Exia are basically the Ken of GVS but nonetheless they're easy to learn suits - do not play them as melee suits though)
Jagd Doga
Jesta

>200
Nothing. Absolutely stay away from this tier if you're brand new.

Increases his mobility.
Typically you'll only have the cape on if you're in the thick of things. If you're hanging back it's better to take it off so you can get into position faster.

Mediocre short-range performance in it's cost tier for a supposedly "melee-centric" suit.

>tfw getting the best connections 1v1

Altron + a snipe assist on 1v1 is so much fun.

Delta plus is nice

it's just a swagless shiki

>that forward melee attack
>that gear mode
>flight mode attacks
Man that kick is stylish even if it's an inferior copy

When should I use lightning gear? I've been using burst only

Also lobby when

Lightning is better for long ranged units. It instantly reloads everything for you and your team. I use it on G-Self for instance to get that max reload on his MA and reflector mode.

>mfw just realized Turn A costs 500 points
I am so sorry.

I have a shuffle up called "Sup Forums Lobby"

Downloaded yesterday and played for a bit v CPU.

Was pretty disappointed desu.

What am I missing?

It just seemed really simple, slow-paced and pretty ugly graphically.

Really enjoyed Gundam Breaker 3, but Versus just felt eh...

Will give it another shot tonight, anything I should bare in mind or might be missing?

>slow paced
heh

You don't have it set to worldwide.

>slow paced
Go fight a vet before spouting your opinions.

What is the room policy?

>barely understand the game
>Its slow
Go watch any video and you can see what it looks like to actually know what you're doing.

Is Banshee Norn trash in versus?

>Banshee Norn
>versus

It probably will be, considering it's trash in MBON now.

>Norn
Norn isn't in versus. Regular Banshee is alright though.

My bad, made a worldwide shuffle now

By my own admission, I've spent v little time with it.
Hence my asking if I'm missing something.

Breaker 3 felt immediately appealing & engaging, whereas I quit this after 20 mins.

Will have another shot at it, as clearly (from your reactions) there's more depth than there seems to be from initial impressions.

Just have rarely had a game that I've found so immediately tedious, esp when I've been quite excited about its release.

It's a fighting game. Of course it's going to be harder than musou-lites.

>Slow Paced...

youtube.com/watch?v=bPhDg_jLspo

Started using Kyrios. Pretty fun desu.

Which 1(one) unit would you delete from the game? For me it's easily G-Self.

X1FC

literally unga bunga the suit

g self is the sf4 blanka of gv. it's not all that powerful, but it is annoying as fuck to fight against.

Can I disable Haro?

Find a flaw

Any tips on using the Gouf?

Not in the beta unfortunately.
Weird seeing as how it could be disabled in the JP beta.

>this kyrios who keeps dying in the same time it takes me to die once as a lower cost
Protip to new players: If you're getting your ass handed to you, stop being hard-headed and learn to retreat.

Long combos

Do PS3 arcade sticks work with this game?

I suck too much at moving and it probably doesn't help that I'm maining Epyon.

Jesus that Tallgeese was bouncing all over the damn place

This teammate that doesn't understand what it's like to be a Kyrios support that does zero damage, can't fucking help his teammate, and basically just flies around the whole map the entire game.
To be fair I won 10/15 of my games so if you wee on one of my off games I apologize, still learning the game.

switch to gouf custom

All I can recommend is that you don't play Kyrios.
It's legitimately one of the worst suits because it's entire toolkit is just too slow.

How is the gusion rebake dlc?

I fucking love the Eins' free stun.

does the vs stand for vertical strafing?

Its three times as fast due to the red coloring of the suit.

>Playing inferior Extreme VS

Who /gold sumo/ here?

>managed to win a few fights with Doan's Zaku II
oh the look on those poor people's faces

Sorry about that. Playing against people who know what they are doing is rough.

Oi. Getting people on wake up with Guntank assist plus AC or BC is super fun. Gotta use the stun more often though.

WHAT ARE THE COM MESSAGES LINKED TO!?

Lots of fun, it's closer to how I thought Dissidia NT would actually play.

Anyone Tallgeese here?

The only thing I really hate about the new players is that they all seem to think that attacking in my direction while I'm meleeing somebody is helpful.

I wish the zgok was actually playable.

sorry. i really got to stop doing that.

me too

I wish we could've got the Amazing Z'gok from GM's Counterattack.

Are we having fun?

Z'Gok is the only decent marine Zeon unit.

>Kshatriya's charge shot can be held and fired during combos
any other neat stuff like this?

Every suit can do that.

Protip
If you hold your directional input downwards during an attack that changes the camera (such as a beam), you'll negate the camera change.

wrong

That's most charged shots

I thought it was holding the target button. Thanks.

how is turn A? I played a ton of the PS3 one but don't have a PS4 yet to try out the demo. any neat stuff going on?

>Char collection
Neat. Didn't realize he used a Dom.

Nigga everyone can do that.

I'd be enjoying it more if the netcode were better

Think it was in the 0079 novels. I find it silly how that collection includes his Gundam and Dom but is missing his Rick Dias.

It's a unique suit in that it's damage output isn't very high, but it's EXTREMELY dominant at short range to the point where even suits like Epyon need to think twice before going in.
It's poor at medium to longer ranges, however.

>Match ends
>The match did not end properly. Here's a penalty

Fuck off Bamco