Best Total war game?

best Total war game?
let the shitstorm begin

obviously

Either Shogun 2 or Rome, can't decide.

Aren't they basically all the same?

Either warhanmer or medieval 2

I have yet to play Attila, Warhammer, or the first 2 games in the series but here's my list.

MTW2>Rome>Shogun 2>Napoleon>Empire>Rome 2.

And I'm including the stand alone DLCs for each game as part of the main game they were released with.

Not really, there is some comparisons in that some of them use the same engine but they're not "basically the same"

Empire, because Napoleon was Shit. But to be fair, I can unterstand that some don't like the battles with gunpowder, they are different from the "classical" stuff. If I would have to go for some of that, I would say Shogun 2.

>The most bare bones TW ever made
>Good

I'm glad I'm not the only one that actually enjoyed empire, I wouldn't say it's the best but I still had a blast playing it.

literally perfect

Yes, a lot.
Battles with Firearms against Battles with Swords & Shit are quite different to play. Also the other Units are quite different in their strength from one game to another. For example, in Shogun 2 I find cavallry kinda useless, because the enemy armies have large numbers of spearmen, while Archers are really neat. In Attila, I use more Sword Infantry than Spearmen, and really like the Artillery, which is Shit in Rome 2, from what I heard.

I didn't liked how line infantry was OP compared to cavalry. it makes nations like poland unplayable.
>charge lancers at the back of prussian infantry
>infantry doesn't give a shit
also killing animations suck

I'm not saying it's medieval 2, but it's medieval 2.

I have atleast 100 hours in every total war.

TW:WH > rome > shogun2 >napoleon medevil 1 > medevil2> shogun > attila > rome2 > empire
None of them are bad except empire.
China total war when?

Rome
Don't even try to prove me wrong fags

I have difficulty with simply because the lack of detail(which is honestly to be expected) is really jarring now in Medieval 2 compared to say CK2

why do people hate rome 2 so much? release was shit, but the final version is pretty good

You want to enable that kind of crap? No, be harsh on it.

Just from the Battles, I liked FotS a bit better, but Europa as Map is more interesting than Japan because you have more frontlines. And I really liked the feature that you could play in America and India as well and make colonies there. I actually really would like to see a Total War Empire 2 but instead in the 19 Century, after the Napoleonic Wars, where you have the Weapons of FotS. I mean, if you start 1835 or 1840 or so, you would have really interesting events to get trough. Prussia and the German Unifaction, the Nohr vs. South in America and so on.

Most people didn't try it again after. All the patchs. Or they are family tree autist

Shogun 2, Medieval 1,2 or Warhammer.

Hm, thats right, but If you ask me, Cavalry kinda sucks in every TW game, but I know other peoble how praise it as the top tierest shit imaginable. But ye,cavalry was a pit dissapointing in Empire, especially as the game goes further.

A friend tried to get me into total war so I got warhammer. It's alright in multiplayer but how do I have fun in singleplayer? I've finished vampire counts with vlad and empire as karl, but don't see the point in playing again, maybe dwarves once to just see how they play but I don't feel any other push to start another singleplayer game.

in medieval 2 heavy cav is godtier

Shogun 2 and Medieval 2 were the most re-playable for me. As a Japanese history weeb Shogun 2 was my personal favorite.

Medieval 2
This isn't even a question

ITT: children whose first TW was M2

t. Faggot that loves Warhammer

My first Total War was Shogun 1. I played the shit out of both it and Medieval for years.

This.
/thread

Has anyone tried Arena yet? I am waiting for my beta invite.

Really enjoyed Warhammer, was my first Total War and I consider it a great game, but after playing other TW, I can say it's not the best one.
Probably the best is Shogun 2 with Fall of the Samurai. I tried Medieval II and it had a lot of interesting mechanics (crusades, plagues, emissaries, Devotion to the Church, ecc), but I still had more fun with Warhammer and Shogun 2. Empire was a bit disappointing, but I found Napoleon much more clear and interesting, even without America and India.
At the end, I think all Total War are at least good games.

Also, I wait the combined Warhammer 1+2+3 mega campaign map, that will probably be mindblowing.

Agree, the campaign is not as replayable as other TW, but I really suggest you to play as Bretonnia, they have a pretty unique campaign.
The multiplayer is a lot of fun.

Does anyone else still really love Medieval 1?

>Shogun 2
>Literally everyone turns on you if you get the capital but the same isn't done for other powerful factions that do this
>Best game

>near perfect recreation of the setting
It did the one thing Total War should at least attempt.

I said it was best Total War game, not a perfect game.

Medieval 2 >> Warhammer > Shogun 2 >>>Attila>Napoleon >>>>>>>> Rome 2 > Empire
Rome 1 not played. None of´em are bad tho.

Fair enough.

I've gotten a lot of hours out of it and it is pretty fun. You recommend that I get all of the DLC for it? It's only 10 bucks right now.

Yeah, that's bullshit, but that's pretty much the only major thing I don't like about the campaign.

Shogun 2 > ME2 > Rome 2 > Emp/Nappy > Warhams > Rome >>> Shittila
Shittila being the only one that's kinda bad, they're rest are all pretty good

Didn't play ME1 and Shogun 1

I was gunna get it on Steam since it's like £1.75 this weekend but a lot of people seem to have stability issues with it

Right? Every time I play the campaign no matter how far I get I always get fucked because of that one aspect.

>That and I also neglect my navy

At least get the factions for more options, the Blood and Guts one for lulz, and look at the expansions to see if you're interested in them. While not particularly interested, Fall of the Samurai is rather universally praised. Rise is fairly good but not as interesting.

Ikko Ikki and Otomo have some unique troops and they're pretty challenging. Worth.
Saints and Heroes adds some nice units.
Fall of the Samurai is excellent, must have.
Rise of the Samurai is not as good, but still worth for the low price.

Attila is probably my favorite and the Alans are my favorite faction in it

It is kinda annoying, but once you know it's gunna happen you can prepare for it and build yourself up before activating it.

In its defence, usually by that point in the campaign I find I'm just steamrolling over smaller clans one by one and it does guarantee that it doesn't remain that way, I've had some pretty good Clan V Clan standoffs that probably wouldn't have happened if not for it.

Also, Monks are the most underated Agent once its happened, if you can afford it you can spark so many revolts that nobody has time to actually fight you. Works especially well against heaten Otomo and Ikko Ikki who always seem to do well, being DLC factions and all

Navy is useless. Once it's you versus the Emperor and his allies, they are going to throw so many boats at you that it's almost impossible to compete. I usually have 2 or 3 vassals with ports so they can spam boats and fight the naval battles while I'm dealing with the armies.
Also having a lot of boats wastes so much resoruces, I just use the money to create an additional land army to deal with the enemy landings.

Oh, and also: the Black Ship is literally bullshit.

Agree. I usually start very aggressive, conquering region after region and creating vassals at the borders of the empire, so if the enemy attack, they're the first line of defense.
Before entering the final phase, I try to make peace with everyone so I can save money, trade with everyone and spend 10-15 turns upgrading my farms to max level and building more armies, if I need them.

The atmosphere is carp though. The music is forgettable trash and does a poor job of representing the cultures, and the voice acting is lacking in many places.