Yfw you dont fell for the switch meme

yfw you dont fell for the switch meme

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendoeverything.com/nba-2k18-boxart-updated-on-switch-internet-download-and-microsd-card-required/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Feels good

Such a shit console.

Based rodentposter.

Wait but where are the fags here that said SD cards are a lot cheaper and better than blu ray?
also why can't NBA fit in a 32GB card?

Well to be fair a Micro SD ain't that expensive, is it?

Why would you not have a memory card though? Like memes aside, how is this an issue?

Its a handheld, 32Gb internal memory isn't that bad.

What IS bad is no support for an external HDD.

>>Nintendo Switch games will require more memory
>More memory = more brain power
>All other games will require less IQ while Nintendo GAMERS acquire higher knowledge

I got 64gb microsd card for like $8, don't care

Actually devs don't want to pay for flashcards.

Dual layer blueray is cheap as fuck. ROMs are not.

Other than requiring a Sandisk™ MicroSD™ card nintendo will ask users to download another 10GB of files in order to run NBA 2k18
nintendoeverything.com/nba-2k18-boxart-updated-on-switch-internet-download-and-microsd-card-required/

You need a cellphone to use chat and download extra files to play game
Switch is even worse than Wii U

>this thread again
>Take-Two purposely went cheap and is using the 16 switch cartridge

You're right. They should take a page off the Sony book and make memory cards like the vita ones instead of those microsd ones you can find dirt cheap anywhere.

>not having a box full of spare sd cards at this point
what are you user, poor?

>mfw I share this board with poorfags

I wish I had screencap or archived the thread from late last year a user got really mad saying SD cards were better, cheaper and faster than blu rays
While it may be faster than blu ray (even the 2.0 version) it's expensive. Any Switch game that is not indie shovelware from 2011 costs 40 dollars

Yeah vidya companies are always cheap because they are for profit. A storage medium that is costing them an extra few dollars is not worth it for them.

Well, its par for the course of incompetence with Nintendo.

Remember the WiiU? They literally can't figure out how to install data from the cd to hdd. that's why you have to download data packs from the internet to hdd for some of their games like Xenoblade X and FMT while the data packs are actually already inside the cd

The smaller carts are offered for smaller games and indies, a company like Take-Two cheaping out is the problem here is all I'm saying.

Again, MicroSD cards are cheap as shit and most people already have one laying around or can buy a 128gb for under $50.

Nintendo - making sure the 90's are never forgotten.

Well, we know Switch can support carts up to 128GB. They're just more pensive for the devs. So this is literally the devs being cheap and wanting to save money.

NBA2K18 is 25GB as well, so I'm assuming they went as cheap as possible by choosing a 16GB cart.

Just don't buy the game to show that you don't support that b/s.

Comes down to the fact that some companies can't code for shit also. So much bloat and excess shit. The game would probably fit on that 16gb card if they knew their shit.

Anyway, I don't know anyone who's excited for this on the Switch in the first place, but this will likely become a practice other companies follow.

>game to show that you don't support that b/s.
People always say this but it doesn't seem to work. Devs just interpret that as "well I guess there's no audience for [game] on Nintendo platforms" instead of thinking that maybe, just maaaybee, people didn't buy their game because they made a shitty fucking version of it on Nintendo's platform.

>it's everybody's fault except nintendo
every time

>Switch internal memory revealed
LMAO NOW DEVS WON'T BOTHER TO PORT THEIR GAMES SINCE THERE'S NOT ENOUGH SPACE
>Devs have the option to make games bigger
LMAO SWITCHKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH
Not to mention that the other consoles do this too but nobody cares.
>50GB game with 5GB day one patch and 30GB installation
>but this is okay because it's not nintendo doing it

its not cheapening out.

Remember these are huge companies, the volumes and money involved are huge.

You might think its just $2, they are cheapening out. But remember, they have put up the upfront cost.

Ordering 1 million copies of 2 dollar flash cart means they have to find the money for $2 Million. While ordering a 1 million copies of let's say 10cents (this is being generous, its actually as expensive as a cigarette, which is less than 1cent) would just, what set them back for $100,000.

Take-two literally opted for the 16gb cards when bigger is available. It is another companies fault.

that last thing you said isnt an arghuement because i dont have to buy anything extra to experience it

It is though take 2 cheaped out. Game is 25GB large, it can easily fit on a 16GB cart

Unless your internal HHD is full, in other words unless you have more than 4-5 games installed on your console.

>16GB
32GB I mean. Instead they chose to use a 16GB cart, that's why it doesn't fit. Bunch of cheap bastards

So you mean they want to save cost at the expense of consumers? That's cheaping our bruh

Carts were definitely the way to go though, even if it's more expensive for the devs. Discs on a portable is pretty shit.

I do think Nindendo should have added a HDD to the dock though. That thing is just plastic and outlets. Would have been nice if it hade some other function.

what a disaster. nintendo should just go third party or first party on pc like steam.

So what happens when little Charlie buys this game and goes home only to learn he needs to buy a memory card to play it? Sounds like a nightmare for retailers and parents alike.

RIP Nintendo Switch is Official 2017-2017

>Nintendo makes BotW
>fits nicely on a 32gb cart
>Another company ports basketball game
>can't compress or code for shit
>chooses the smallest option for cartridge
>passes their "savings" onto the consumer who has to buy an SD card to play
Yeah, because it is everyone elses fault.

Lmao hope you don't buy games for any current gen console

1TB Hard Drive for PS4, Xbox One, or PC - $50
256GB SD card for Nintendo Switch - $100

PS Vita all over again

>want to Switch my game to portable mode
>uh oh, the game is suck on the dock's hard drive
great idea

If little Charlie can't read the warning on the box, he has bigger problems to worry about.

Sure, but that's still spare change for a big publisher.

I'd buy that argument if it was a small company, but it's not.

>buy an xbox 360 a decade ago
>60 gb hdd
>buy switch today that costs more than the 360 did back then
>32 gb internal memory
good god, people are defending this?

It's written on the box.

I honestly don't know why Take two is doing this. It's not like they are poor or anything

huh? i use pc

It is Nintendo's fault, for not offering a cheap solution.

Even to this day, the minimum order for the Switch carts are 100,000 upfront payment. Even Vita from its start asks for 10000 minimum order for possible 4 pay installments.

Except you know, the Switch uses normal SD cards, not proprietary.

The switch is cheaper adjusted for inflation, and the 360 does not have internal space

remember to only buy nintendo branded memory cards with mario or zelda on the box for only 200% increased price

What I don't understand is the Swtch supports microphones, the headphone port supports both. Why the fuck do they need a smartphone?

>great idea
Why not though. I think it'd be kinda nice to have a lot of games on the HDD and then just pick the ones I want to carry with me and save those to the internal memory or SD card.

doesn't matter, memory prices are still insane compared to the competition. Heck PS4s and Xbones all come with 1TB now. Switch is still 32gb by default.

>Vita all over again
Except these are standard micro SD cards that cost almost nothing, where Sony was charging 3x for their special cards.

>it's nintendo's fault for not offering cheap solution
As if take two is hurting for money. How do you know the stats anyway?
Can tell since you apparently don't know the PS4 and Xbone has mandatory installs for every single game

>Falling for a Nintendo console after the Gamecube
Cum on son.

never ever, pee suck

And the Switch doesn't have mandatory installations that are 60gb+ with 30gb+ day one patches.

20gb 360 10 years ago was 400 dollars.
A 64gb micro sd is 25.

However if they can't fit the whole thing on the actual game card, then they shouldn't release it.

>cost almost nothing
>$300 tablet + $60 game + $60 memory card + tax + $20 online
$500 for basic functionality on a tablet with 3 generation old graphics is nothing?

The PS4 and Xbone needs install for every game though, switch has like 1 game that needs it

Lmao say that to publishers today. Every game needs install now

He was talking about Sd cards though, are you retarded?

>buying digital
haha

>a company like Take-Two cheaping out is the problem here is all I'm saying

They are all going to cheap out. This is why the PS5 will still use blurays unless the price for 64Gb carts is going down drastically.

>Can tell since you apparently don't know the PS4 and Xbone has mandatory installs for every single game
ok but what does that have to do with nintendo's console having such low on board storage that you are forced to buy more storage just to play a single game?

Don't many games require you to download day 1 patches that literally do the same thing on other consoles? What's the fuss here?

>while the data packs are actually already inside the cd
You haven't actually played either game have you.

It's just to fight piracy. You'll have to download encrypted datas emulators won't be able to read.

every eshop game is a mandatory install. in the future, third parties will only release digital because physical is too expensive for manufacture.

and also you're not accounting for dlc and updates and shit games will no doubt get. if you want a collection then you need a big card. otherwise you're going to be deleting shit often JUST LIKE VITA.

>$300 vita
>$100 64gb card
>$40+ game
>$60 to play it on a TV
>$60 online fee
Whew, see how retarded you are?

But you aren't, the game fits on your internal memory. The install is only if you buy physical, which is bollocks

faggot

Both your opinion and your command.

It's only bad when Nintendo does it.

You're delusional if you think anyone reads the box these days. They go home with game expecting it to work.

Then who can they blame but themselves? I doubt people can do that these days with installs, online activation and day one patch anyway

The disaster here was you leaving your dad's balls through intercourse rather than a stiletto heel.

but no one is talking about that old side portable which no one bought many years ago. we are talking about nintendo's flagship console which competes against pc and ps4 and xbox one x, all of which are lower price with 3 generation newer graphics.

Wow that's unacceptable, here I was thinking that surely the switch came with unlimited storage space. Fuck Nintendo.

not a argument

This thread is really convincing me that NintendoGAF exists!

That's because the switch is partly a handheld console. No one's going to strap a 1 TB hard drive to the thing and carry it around in their pocket or bag. That said Nintendo should've tried to make the dock be able to connect to an external storage device. That would show the switch's true value as a handheld/home console.

>console
The switch is by definition a handheld. It's main competition is phones and the 3DS

Nintendo used to be the last bastion of decency.

Wait youre telling me I need extra hard drive space to download my pc games? Wow, thanks again Steam.

This is how retarded you all sound. Jesus christ you people just live to talk about the dumbest shit ever

Funny I see more take two shills here

Come on really? Too expensive for them? Don't fucking make me laugh, those cheap bastards are sure something to behold

I dont think any game can fit on a internal console drive anymore, ps4 and xbox basically already are using external hhds thats why theres a 1tb and 500gb option same crap different smell

guys what if devs downgraded their games for the switch so the sd card space isn't a issue?

Every game except for select Nintendo first party games and indies either have mandatory installs or day one patches.
Funnily enough the cause of that is the fact that consoles now come with huge amounts of storage meaning third parties have no need to optimise their games.

Two out of three play modes has you NOT hold the Switch in you hands.

How's that for defining is as NOT a handheld?

What's the difference between that and a simple card?

It already isn't an issue. The fucking devs just chose the cheapest card. The game would easily fit on the 32gb card, it's fucking 25gb only

see
upgrading space on a PC is cheap, upgrading on a switch is expensive unless you're a dumbass that carries around 5 different SD cards.

But they do downgrade them. Just not enough to make a 50 gb game fit easily on a fucking handheld.

I don't see problem since they already downgrade for the PS4 and XBone

You're not even trying.

How much can Switch cartridges hold?

Nothing good lasts forever

>links to post with made up costs
Really nigger.