What is with all these video game reviewers suddenly switching to become movie critics instead?

What is with all these video game reviewers suddenly switching to become movie critics instead?

AVGN, Jontron, Angry Joe and now Dunkey

>images that should result in an instant ban on Sup Forums

Who cares

>suddenly
fucken dumbass

Am I the only one who can't stand this faggot's voice?

>jontron
fug off jontron doesn't review games anymore
he went down the full reddit path and now half of his fanbase wants him dead because of his opinions :^)

Easier to review.
Seriously the Splatoon 2 review was a joke, showing how he unironically was very bad at the game, and this happened after his video where he shat on professional journalists. Very pathetic.

ACG is best vidya reviewer
Prove me wrong

We don't like Dunkey anymore after showing everyone how much of a leftist cuck he is in his video about The Shining

>wow why can't you just respect other people's opinions you bigots :^)
Yes, Sup Forums did a great job of being fine with Anita's opinions, didn't they?

>easier to review

As well as cheaper, and you can pump out more reviews that way.

We will have to look at smaller channels for real game reviews these days and I don't particularly ind that.

because no one enjoys playing video games anymore

>not realizing she wanted to classify and transform and entire subculture just because she didn't agree with a couple things.
Please fugg off back to tumblr.
She probably could've pulled it off too if we didn't fucking do anything

>fug off jontron doesn't review games anymore
that's the point
every one of these people got popular as a video game reviewer and showed themselves like they are so passionate about vidya, yet they pretty much completely drop it after they've got enough of viewers to just start dumping out movie reviews instead and get away with it

Less effort
>spend 2 hours watching a film
>chop some random bits from it
>record your hot internet opinion
>done
Compared to vidya's
>play the game for 10-50 hours, maybe more if you're an autistic Joseph Anderson type
>use 10 gorillion hard drives to record that shit
>chop relevant bits and edit the trash out to match your hot internet opinion

>nintendronies are still SEETHING

Can't wait for Odyssey to flop and for him to call it out.

There hasn't been a good videogame in several years.
That's why.

This

There's barely any worthwhile games coming out in the future.

>AVGN
How fucking new are you?

>AVGN
Are you fucking stupid or something?

is there anything more pathetic than when le goofy funny guy who does lowbro but effective humor feels the need to try and shoehorn in their psued takes and "highbrow" taste just to signal that they're actually smart and the humor is an act?

>BotW
>TW3
>Bloodborne
>literally games of the decade, all came out in the last 1-2 years

Posting on Sup Forums, probably.

NOT VIDEO GAMES

Stop making e-celeb Twitter threads

NOT VIDEO GAMES

NOT VIDEO GAMES

NOT VIDEO GAMES

Because watching a movie takes about 90 minutes on average, while playing a video game takes 40 hours, and in many cases you'd still only be scratching the surface with that sort of play time.

Because they're all desperate to get clicks from RLM watchers, since RLM made lengthy movie reviews hip

>avgn
>Cinemassacre
>He reviews movies
HMMMMMM COINCIDENCE

Shining is Kubricks worst movie anyways.

>TW3

Lol, just...lol. I have to give you autistic credit for pushing this meme for 2 years but...come on now.

That would be Fear and Desire.

Not video games
Fuck off underage shitter

I'm older now and more mature, film is where the real art is, not silly games. I'll talk about film now for my more mature audience that has grown up with me.

>AVGN
>Jontron
>Angry Joe
>>>>>suddenly

No, that would be 2001: A Space Odyssey

Diversification of platform. Youtube is a dying medium, and video games may be de-monetized due to increasing hardline politicization of games. If you talk politics of movies, you can at least pretend it's the movie with the politics and not you thus higher chance of keeping your ads.

Ai

So...this...is the power of Sup Forums...upsetting some youtuber master plan...wow

Fuck off Dunkey. I don't like you because you are black.

>you will never glaze her donut with the force of a collapsing star and then walk away with her only orgasming or noticing anything 45 minutes later

Old Jontron=Dunkey>AVGN>>>Angry Joe>>>polcuck Jontron

That's a cute slowpoke. I wonder he she gets delayed orgasm.

Video Games are a childish hobby that can't evoke emotions, thoughts, and feelings that come from movies and music. People tend to grow up and explore those instead.

Is that Sunibee?

Actually, if you were a true fan, you would know he is of puerto rico descent

ecelbs are video games, fuck off reddit

not my favorite game either, but that's what normies consider "one of the greatest games of all time" and if I had to choose between TW3 and Skyrim I would rather choose the former

Nah, that's 'A Clockwork Orange'. Funny enough, that's also his most overrated movie by normalfags.

>makes entertaining comedy
>actually likes games
>no sjw shit
>no pseudo intellectual shit
>only thing he cares about is fun factor of games

Yeah, I can see why Sup Forums dislikes Dunkey.

>film is where the real art is
>a majority of the films being made in 2017 sucks complete fucking nigger cocks
KEK
you have a higher chance of getting a game dev to listen to you than a fucking movie producer or director
they make so much money they don't need to listen to you.

how many times can people say video games suck before you learn?

Its about increasing income and shining the light of your personality on everything everyone else has created.

I like dunky, jontron and whatever - but at the end of the day reviewing things is something anyone can do. Their voice and personality are their skills and talents.

>as they lose ad revenue, age, need an actual trade, these people will move to careers like voice acting and network organization.

Look at egoraptor and what hes built around him. He isnt as good as other personalities and he knew that, so he created an organization and linked various other organizations into his own. Thats a career.

>...
Summers over, kid.

>Latest JonTron Movie reviews
>Vanilla Ice: Cool as Ice
>Christmas with the Kranks
>Howling 2
>Dark Dungeons
>The Skateboard Kid
>A Talking Cat!?!
>Foodfight!

Your right user, they're definitely going for a more mature, high-brow audience.

I was honestly waiting for it to be a joke about Angry Joe's shitfest.

moving to the superior form of media

>mike and jay will never have the same knowledge and passion for vidya the same way do for movies
>we will never get half in the bag/plinkett reviews for video games with the same amount of insight as their film reviews

I don't like Rich and Jack as much

>he still believes in the summer Sup Forums myth

It's been endless summer for 5 years, easily.

He turned so unbelievably shitty the last 4 years

you could pretty much rate Old and New versions of every one of those, except for maybe Dunkey who's just now starting to descend

>not reading insomnia for video games

>I'll talk about film now for my more mature audience that has grown up with me.
Movies and TV is entry level entertainment. There is nothing more casual than that. Just look at how shit Sup Forums is, you know I'm right.

It's amazing that the irony is completely missed by you. You're a duplicitous faggot.
>wow a youtuber just wants to talk about how black people are more likely to commit crime because they're black and people don't respect his opinion... I guess they're the REAL nazis
>guys a feminist is discussing female characters in videogames SHE MUST BE STOPPED

Their audience grew up so they had to grow aswell and since new kids don't care about this relics of old youtube, you either evolve alongside with your old fans, or you die as a content creator.

Do you really think gamegrumps will be here for much longer? Even pewdiepie started doing more political and critical videos.

super bunnyhop will be here forever while oneyplays will die on a short run

pre-rec is so uniformed about vidya it hurts

I like ACG's reviews

You could also fit Pewdiepie into that description yet he's just as much of a little shit for selling himself as someone who's oh so passionate about video games yet he completely stops giving fuck about them once he made enough money

>wow a youtuber just wants to talk about how black people are more likely to commit crime because they're black and people don't respect his opinion... I guess they're the REAL nazis
wtf are you talking about user

Because movies are more fun

You're right, jontron should make a hilarious comedy review about schindlers list instead.

moree diverse content = bigger viewpool = more money

dunkey was crying about having low as shit CPM now cause youtube changed how video monetizing works, so he has to expand his content to get more money

Because they start making money and grow confidence and at that point grow out of video games because it's a manchild hobby. :^)

Sup Forums is that way.

>2012+5
>not watching Moist Meter
ISHYGDDT

>watching moist meter
Underage detected

wonder if film buffs feel the same way about half in the bag

how are people so wrong?

this guy has a point though

Shining is such an absolute garbage. I'm convinced Kubrick just made it as a practical joke, yet people still ate it up.

Games can, and are just as deep and serious as movies are.
And no, I'm not talking about try hard shit like gone home or the last of us.

Games like silent hill 2, i have no mouth and I must scream, planescape torment provide incredibly deep and meaningful experiences.

The problem with games (personal opinion) is that, the nature of what a videogame is, makes it hard to be enjoyed buy most people. A movie can be enjoyed buy anyone. You just need to sit in front of a screen and appreciate what is happening in front of you

A game requires knowledge of mechanics, in game mechanics, interactions. It forces to person to engage in the action and it won't allow that person to move forward till that person manages to beat the challenges ahead of him/her (a enemy, a puzzle etc)

No matter how much I love Silent Hill 2 story, I know some of my friends will never have the chance of experiencing and knowing what I know about the game story or feel what I feel because they don't play games. And the requirement to enjoy a game is far more superior than the requirement to enjoy a movie or a book.

Waiting on that Knack 2 review in two days.

What is it that makes you believe it's so terrible, user?

>buy instead of by

What the fuck, my brain works no more :(

Video games as a whole have gotten a massive kick in the balls in regards to monetization, with many let's play/video game channels getting flooded with demonetization flags for even simple gameplay videos by Youtube's new automated censor algorithm.

So why not switch to a genre that is massively popular, easy to form a cheap opinion and analysis that viewers will eat up and is relatively free of the wrath of the automated demonetization killer?

To put things into perspective, the automated system is so anal about violence, profanity, or controversiality that even fucking Pewdiepie has now edited in bleep censors into his video whenever he curses because even can't escape the lock down to family friendly content.

Your taste seems to lack moisture

LOL that can't be true. Ask any Youtube movie reviewer that mainly uses the footage of the movie they're reviewing (and not their fat face in front of a green screen) and they'll tell you hundreds of copyright bullshit obstacles they had to go through. Forget monetizing, this is just to keep the video from being removed.

Anyone who really thinks monetizing video games on YT is harder than movies doesn't fucking know anything about it.

What makes you believe its good, user? This shit won a Razzie, and deservingly so, because to everyone who isn't slurping Kubrick's stale cum it's a bad movie with retarded plot and worst acting ever. To Kubrickdrones, however, its DUDE BAD ON PURPOSE HE EXPOSED ILLUMINATI and such other nonsense.

and you seem to be underage

they all sellout, but at least James still releases AVGN content, which quality is still good. I liked last Jontron video too, too bad he got old and stopped being careless.

But it's the only Kubrick film I've watched.

CinemaSins faget has no problem slapping 20-30 minutes of chronologically ordered footage in his shitty videos though, this shit always baffles me.

>The lets play/long play faggotry is finally dying

better, older audience

I'm not really surprised, video games are for kids and jewgle doesn't want to face the wrath of childrens and parents organisations.

uh oh!

>he actually knows about, discusses and/or watches e-celebs
kill yourself you disgusting ugly faggot

too much meat

CinemaSins in a nutshell:
>no real review
>cracks the same shitty jokes the entire video
>gives no real reason to convince me to watch the movie
>points out cliches that only he cares about
>claims to be an "original" person but wrote probably the most unoriginal book ever
kek

Witcher is terrible internet memeshit. Botw was mediocre at best and bloodborne was about the same. Your shitty taste doesn't make games good.

Only real selling out was jontron when he made that wallmart video + disney nonsense.
Thank god he made the kid friendly sponsors fuck off with his views on immigration and we get actual content instead.