youtube.com/watch?v=7CrQYsogmdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UXWinPXEF0M
youtube.com/watch?v=RH1wm4rt5yo
youtube.com/watch?v=O6R6FMlvEv8
raindropsanddaydreams.co.uk/2017/05/event-report-basara-club-fan-meeting.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

times better than Warriors series

Uh no

3 got a western release and no one bought it.

Also I think that Sanada spin-off actually killed this series.

They screwed up with SB3. Spent tons of money making an amazing localization and then failed to advertise it or do anything to convince people it wasn't just a ripoff of Dynasty Warriors.

I wish we'd gotten Sumeragi instead of MH Generations.

Why the long face?

Th-they're just spending a few years making an amazing new engine for SB5. You'll see.

Not sure what they were thinking.

>Let's make a game entirely based on a character whose popularity has been dwindling down!

It was the something-th anniversary of the real Yukimura, so there were tons of documentaries and manga and so on being made of him. Dynasty Warriors got a similar game, I think.

Apparantly the game has virtually no content in it plus reinterprets the story in a way that's less interesting than before or some shit too. Or so I've heard anyway.

I should finish that game someday, the whole weapon upgrade is so boring I dropped it after a couple characters.

He's right though. SB is like DW only with more depth and fun factor

Yeah, SW got a Sanada clan-centric spinoff and Nioh got a DLC chapter specifically based around him.

youtube.com/watch?v=h-ln8ttlL5g

Sounds like a cheap cashin to shore up the budget of SB5 please

>more depth

No

>More fun

No

>No
>More depth
Moveset and combat? Hell no. Gameplay? Only on expansions that a year to come out. Character variety? I'll give you that.

>4th entry in a musou series that literally nobody fucking bought even when it was given two chances
gee, wonder >why no western release

It's apples to oranges. DW is about juggling responsibilities and rushing around to put out as many fires as you can over multiple fronts, Basara is much more linear with more focus on combat and combos, and plays similarly to DMC. They both have pros and cons and I enjoy both

I don't see how it's remotely close to DMC except enemy count

times better than Warriors series
Gameplay wise, sure, still bland musoushit though.
For everything else, hell no, SB is a fujofest with atrocious characters and music, I'm still mad they turned Ieyasu into a bishie for fujopandering and genderswapped certain people for the hell of it.

SB5 when

>that thing on the left

Ayyylmao

>warriors garbage is universally hated and ridiculed for being so objectively shitty
>capcom literally decide to show them how its done because they were bored and felt like being cheeky
>ends up being 100x the game any warriors shit is
Literally the funniest shit Capcom could've done. Even funnier when those warrior shitters tried to do the same to MH with a MH ripoff that was a total steaming turd flop.

SB1 was shit, to be fair.

>Even funnier when those warrior shitters tried to do the same to MH with a MH ripoff that was a total steaming turd flop.
Toukiden wasn't a flop though, in fact it's one of the more popular KoeiTecmo IPs now, Toukiden 2 is also a really solid and fun action game.

>warriors fags
Not even once.

>tfw too inteligent for musou games

Generally the reason for the DMC comparison is,
>advanced inputs and combo chaining
>same tone of craziness
>references including moves and a Geryon boss
>created by the director of DMC4
>Devil Kings
Of course it won't hold up to DMC when you compare the two. It's more of a lite version. If Musou is 1 and DMC is 10, Basara is probably about 4 on the scale.

So it's nothing like DMC except being crazy.
Next thing you're going to tell me Tales of or Naruto games are like DMC

>Haven't played SB since ps2
>Decide to finally buy an overpriced, imported SB:Yukimura cause he is my favourite character and I haven't played in a long while.

Main story was shit, challenges were pretty shit too, even the new movesets are so bad compared to old, only thing I'm happy about is they added old Yukimura+Date
Was a huge disappointment for sure.

It wouldn't be entirely wrong.

It wouldn't be true at all, DMC plays way better than any of those games
It's like saying every single shooters are doom clones, it's dumb and just mislead people into thinking games are different than what they are.

I'm not even disagreeing with you. Do you understand what -lite means? It has similarities and takes influence from DMC, but it's still a watered down version of it. Nowhere did I imply DMC gameplay isn't vastly superior.

1 was released but was "americanized" to hell
3 got released
On the fucking Wii...

Who cares about the games, this series is just fujo bait at this point

It's still misleading as fuck. Just say it's a decent beat em up, no need to bring up DMC.
It's like saying Need for speed is a burnout-lite because it has card and you go fast, if you expect anything like burnout it's going to be a huge disappointment.

The one I played that was translated in english years ago was terrible. Everyone had the exact same linear levels, it was so boring. The combat is much deeper than Musou games, but what's the point if there's no fucking levels.

If you mean SB3, it has over 40 levels. Some of them have pretty obtuse unlock requirements, like Osaka Castle Reclamation and Setsugigawa Three Heroes.

Is there anything like that in SB Sumeragi?

This game has the same director as DMC and a ton of the same development staff

Stop being autistic.
This game has taken HEAVILY by DMC.

So Resident Evil is DMC-lite?

The new NFS games are made by Criterion, the same guys behind Burnout.
They're still nowhere near as good as burnout

Not really. Some of the levels are only used a few times in the story routes, so you might have to look up who you need to play as to unlock them. But none are locked behind conditions you would never figure out without looking it up.

I'd argue that Nioh's DLC had less to do with Yukimura and more to do with the actual end of the sengoku era.

That's great, so as long as I play with everyone I'm fine.

Basara as a game is dead.

They just release games for the sake of releasing a game to introduce more characters to pimp out with merchandise and musicals

Im mad cause most of this shit is mostly japan exclusive

Let me give you a better comparison: SB's combo system is entirely around having special moves with unique effects, versus DW's normal attack into charge attack gameplay. In SB, you have a character's entire moveset available to you at any moment. In DW, you can only use a move you want after reaching a certain part of your normal attack chain. As a result, in SB you will end up improvising more and be able to be more creative with combos and how you fight in general, whereas in DW, everything you do starts the same way.

I really wish Koei stepped their shit up. But I assume they keep their combat system shallow and repetitive on purpose so that casuals in Japan can play them.

>we'll probably never have Sengoku Warriors or Capcom vs Koei
>Never be able to go Double Masamune with quadrillion guns out

The music in the game is great though?

youtube.com/watch?v=z-VvJXbqV-E
youtube.com/watch?v=_0xId_3wIIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4qwqV_5p9_I
youtube.com/watch?v=YNFN7eZCeX0
youtube.com/watch?v=QIiMNzrMzA8
youtube.com/watch?v=-jiJaLB4er0
youtube.com/watch?v=7CrQYsogmdQ

3 sold around 60,000 copies, which was pretty good for a game with no marketing and its series release history. Capcom wanted it to sell 2 million.

>Toukiden 2 is also a really solid and fun action game.

It's nothing like DMC except for having similar combat mechanics, story presentation, and style. Can you not read?

What's with Jap and their boner for Sanada clan anyway?

Sanada was the last great rival for Ieyasu.

I mean, Hideyori was, but Yukimura was the main general

The real difference is that in DW every character plays exactly the same, while in SB every character feels unique.

Modern day Japs have lost their hot bloodedness so they wank and live vicariously through his achievements.

Sanada Yukimura is the "every-guy" of the Sengoku Era

Because when every clan was betraying each other or just crumbled into nothingness after the battle of sekigahara, the Sanada clan perservered and uphold to what is generally perceived today as true Samurai honor.

When Yukimura was even spotted by Tokugawa samurai during the siege of Osaka, he embraced his death with dignity.

Cause he embodied the Samurai values the most, he lived,fought and died with honor.

Everyone else was a scheming worm, thug, cowardly bandit or a tyrant.

Nah merch still sells like hotcakes SB and SW both did Yukimura games because muh year of Sanada Yukimura

Both the anime and game had really kickass music

youtube.com/watch?v=UXWinPXEF0M

Shame Capcom had to kill the series.

When's the year of my boy Motochika?

>nobody mentions that god tier english dub
Shame on you shame on all of you I can't believe how such a weeb game managed to pull such a good dub

You'd think they'd prefer the rags-to-riches story of Hideyoshi.

>Born the son of a peasant, became the unifier of Japan

kenshin

>its the year of the tiger mom and we're getting nothing

Boooo

What's wrong user don't you like Frieza or what?

We never get anything for SB women.

It's ded as fuck in the west in moonland is still alive and well thanks to fujobucks.

Never forget.

Well maybe because Hideyoshi did a lot of supid shit in his later years like invading Korea. Besides, every unifier was born from rags to riches, from Nobunaga to Tokugawa.

Heck, that's the prevailing theme during the Warring States period. The weak and low will eventually usurp the strong.

Well blame fujoshi

youtube.com/watch?v=RH1wm4rt5yo

IEYAAAASUUUU

It's not from the same guys

Hideyoshi and his son Hideyori ultimately lost to Ieyasu and did stupid shit that led up to it, so you can't quite say he was the ultimate unifier of Japan. Hattori Hanzo's the other big honorable figure of the era even though he died before Hideyoshi.

Doesn't the game director have a huge boner for Oichi?

No Because Hideyoshi was more like a starscream ready to feast on Nobunaga's corpse.

Yeah but thats the perfect opportunity to introduce boytoy trap Naomasa Ii

Oichi's been a fan favorite since SBH2, but dont know about the director.

Nioh ost was decent but from the guys who did Kessen 1 and Kessen 3 I expected MUCH better.
Why couldn't they get the same composers?

Different studio they went back to IG for 4 and Sumeragi

Is SB3 good? I played the original Sengoku Basara and that was probably the most fun I've had with a musou. At least I think it was the original. Maybe not.

>peasant becomes ruler of japan
>bans anyone else from becoming nobility through the same methods he used

sasuga japan

Does anyone not have a huge boner for Oichi?

Speaking of, SB3's dub is the only time I've heard a character like Oichi voiced well in English.

>Hattori Hanzo

You mean Ieyasu's ninja?

I'm not sure why you think anyone wouldn't know that, or that it changes how shit S3 looked.

Just get SB4 Sumeragi.

The thing about musou games, especially Basara, is that the latest iteration is always the best since it incoporates all the improvements with each game and has more characters.

>When Ieyasu grew up from being a Midget

SB3 is as good as musou gets in English.

Yeah, the original Hanzo rather than his ineffectual successors.

DMC1 is RE-lite.

Speaking of Hattori Hanzo, why he doesn't appear in SB even though his rival Fuuma Kotaro is there?

At least the fight scenes were neato but yeah it had a big drop on quality and also no Sawano before his talent got sucked away by Aniplex

>Oichi

This will always be the best story in any Musou game for me

youtube.com/watch?v=O6R6FMlvEv8

raindropsanddaydreams.co.uk/2017/05/event-report-basara-club-fan-meeting.html

Since real life didn't allow me to attend the previous Basara Matsuri and stage play events, I leapt at the opportunity to apply for tickets to this weekend's Basara Club Fan Meeting 2017 Spring events when the timing ended up coinciding with some travel I'd already arranged. The Sengoku Basara fandom is in a huge lull right now in Japan - even more so than it was prior to the announcement of Sengoku Basara 4 - and it's been a little sad seeing how few signs there are of the series' influence while travelling around the country over the past two weeks. Sengoku Basara merchandise has vanished from most stores, the anime discs are in bargain bins and we just had the news that Sengoku Basara Dokugan, the only serialised manga currently running (not counting the Retsuden one-shots in Dengeki Maoh) is to end in a couple of weeks. If not for this summer's Zangeki Sengoku Basara: Odawara Seibatsu ('Odawara Subjugation') stage play which has just started its major advertising push, I'd be ready to declare the series officially dead.
>I'd be ready to declare the series officially dead.

It's not a third season for once.

The Hattori served Tokugawa for generations. OG's Hanzo son had some problems with his followers but its hardly to call them innefectual.

The Joke is that for all the talk about Bonds, the only named friend from Ieyasu in his own clan is a muteless robot

Of course. All the Sengoku girls are pretty damn hot. Capcom is at least pretty good at making top tier girl characters.

Sawano had already become a one trick pony by the time of The Last Party.

>all these deluded weebs
There is no appeal for 99.9% of westerners.

Shhhh user no tears they're just taking a break a pulling their shit together for SB5

I think Capcom just doesn't want money like usual.

I dunno, problems with his followers is putting that Hanzo's problems lightly considering he fucked up enough to get fired. He kind of redeemed himself in the Sieges of Osaka, but it was a way worse legacy than his father.

For interested PCfags, reminder you can play SB3Utage using wii emulator

That Sanada game was so bad that it actually made Spirit of Sanada look much better in comparison.

Really?