Games that end abruptly in what should literally be the halfway point of the game should be illegal...

Games that end abruptly in what should literally be the halfway point of the game should be illegal. What the fuck is this shit, are these nigger developers serious? Especially when Human Revolution was a complete package and turned out even better than expected in terms of story and overall pacing.

I haven't been this fucking angry at a video game in a very long time, and I didn't even pay for this one.

side missions were really good though.

>you will never find out what happens to Jensen

This shit meme where games are incomplete and most of the story is told in shit tier books or cartoons or movies or dlc or episodes needs to end. I'm so fucking mad when games pull this shit. Games should be self contained, and if they want to pull a trilogy out of their ass, the entries in the trilogy shouldn't end abruptly or have tv show like cliffhangers.

ok so how is this game unfinished?
the immediately plot is resolved, the terrorists are stopped

I feel like playing a good stealth game.

Should I just pretend this game never existed and play the definitive edition of HR instead?

blame the publishers not the developers, squeenx has really dropped the ball this time. Until I see another iteration in the series I'm not buying anything from them again.

MD is a continuation and you can enjoy yourself quite a lot if you forgive the main story a bit since the side content and main story missions themselves are brilliant.
but play HR first if you haven't.

FFXV did that shit as well

its like 25 hours isnt it?

MD is better than HR, so play MD

if you rush the main story, yes
if you do side content, it gets pushed to ~30, 40 hours.

Mankind Divided isn't bad by any means. It's story just ends early and there's a bit too much time spent just fucking around in prague doing nothing stealthy

>they build up the next game as a bridge between jensen's story and DX1
>series dies

one of the biggest blue balls in vidya

>>series dies
Source?

MD2 is being done by the Thi4f team. It's as good as dead.
MD/HR team got moved to capeshit.

I did every side mission I could find and it took me something like 21 hours.
Although there might have been a few I missed, most people have pinned it down to something like 25 so...

eidos montreal is currently working on the next tombraider and that marvel thing that jasn't been revealed yet.

I clocked in about 50 but I did make it a goal to explore as much as I could on every map.

>I did every side mission I could find and it took me something like 21 hours.
you must have missed 80% of them then
even howlongtobeat shows ~30~40 hours with side content included. And I have 73 hours in 2 playthroughs.

>Clone Jensen arc unresolved
>Bob Page's MJ12 coup
>The D Project (origin of the Super Denton Brothers)
>Plot is resolved
It's almost as if you have never played a DX game before MD.

>>Clone Jensen arc unresolved
he gets brainwashed and turned into a Man in Black, a servant of the Illuminati
>The D Project
they're never going to tackle this. It's the equivalent of Valve revealing G-Man's identity, or Miyazaki showing the origin of Kaathe/Frampt.
And yes the immediate plot of MD is resolved.

DXMD doesn't end abruptly though?
the length is perfectly fine
or are you one of those weird people who thinks that it should be twice as long, but have the second half be clearly rushed and shit?

you mean that jarring cut after barging into a room / killing the boss to jensen's apartment where he watches the news isn't abrupt?

it's not that jarring
I mean, it's obviously the last mission
what would you prefer?
would you rather jensen make some speech about shit?

length wise yes. story wise no.

>Should I just pretend this game never existed
No, it's really good. Prague is a big hub with a shitload of secrets and cool side missions, a lot of cyberpunk investigation and exploration. Better than anything in HR. However the main story is fairly inconsequential, basically you just deal with a terrorist threat and infiltrate a couple of places before taking down the terrorists and the game just ends without exploring the larger picture of background conspiracies. People just expected more closure, a more amibitious story. But if you go in treating it like a really large DLC to HR, it's really really good.

The real closure to the story is just the original Deus Ex anyway. They just shot themselves in the foot by making a sequel to a prequel where they can't exactly have Jensen single-handedly uncovering the illuminatis and putting an end to them, as things are the still the same between HR and the beginning of DX.

well I'm only expecting Jenson uncovering things on a personal level, maybe some understanding that will draw him to not expose anything to the world, like how they did with the ending of HR. despite a lotta peoples hate I liked that ending.

what did you really want?

did you want adam jensen to come up to young paul denton and baby jc denton and shake their hands?