Worse graphics than DeS and DS1

>worse graphics than DeS and DS1
What did From mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Qj2BkF7jh4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

friendly reminder that it had better lighting than DaS3 and bloodborne, but it got stripped because 7th gen wasn't able to handle it

Why wasn't 7th gen able to handle it? It could handle GTA 5

JUST

Speaking of this beaten horse...what happened with the director? Never heard about him ever since.

Whoa, look at the bad graphics!

I wish the Emerald Herald was a giant girl.

Because it was still programmed by FROM.

>Das3 doesn't have that lighting for whatever reason

Still the best firekeeper I dont care what anybody says

I think Yui Tanimura was working (well actually DS2 had two directors and the other one is somewhere) on Dark Souls 3 with Miyazaki but after that i don't know what From is doing

A dumbed down gta V

It's undeniable that the game has some gorgeous areas but a vast majority of it looks like total ass.

I thought it was because being forced to always hold a torch would hinder the gameplay. You know, not being able to two hand weapons without being blind or some shit like that.

Just like every other Souls game ever

This goes waaay beyond freeing you from using a torch.

>generalizing to bring all other games to the lowest denominator that is 2
I'm watching you.

A vast majority is exaggerating.
There's more beautiful areas than ugly ones. Specially since DLC increased the ratio of good ones.

And still 2 looks the worst.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Qj2BkF7jh4

The original DS2 graphics ran poorly (Blighttown-tier) on PS3/X360 so they had to downgrade everything.

SOTFS was a scam.

i know im about to replay original 2 on my ps3, its been years and i only did one playthrough.

>better lighting
>better enemy placement
the way God intended

2 was a solid game that gets more flak than it deserves especially after
>Scholar of the first TryHards
DaS2 holds up better than DeS imo.

>DaS2 holds up better than DeS imo
If only i could virtually slap you for saying stupid shit like that.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, especially because of the atrocious art style of 2. But every Souls game (dunno about Bloodborne, haven't played it) has its fair share of awful (swamp) areas. Looking at Lost Izalith, Demon Ruins in 3, and other stuff like that. Vast expanses of nothingness with a few enemies thrown around don't equal good gameplay.

SotFS is great though, improves vanilla DS2 in many ways, specially graphics and optimization.
Should have been free for owners of DS2 in PC, but at least they give you a big discount if you own it.

Isn't the lighting in DS2 PS3 and DS2 PS4 the same?

A brighter more fantasy type of visual and design and aesthetic. DeS and DaS's dark, more bleak palette helped to hide a lot of the ugly stuff. With DaS 2 it was almost laid bare. But honestly DaS 2 looks fine. I much prefer its visual design to the rest of the games.

>more bleak palette helped to hide a lot of the ugly stuff

That and tons and tons of filters.
Occasionally the backgrounds looked like something out of old pre-rendered amv games.

this is the best comment in this thread.

The original game was scrapped and they had to rebuild everything in 6 months. Impressive given the time frame.

SoTFS improves over the original in every way. You have to be a actual hipster to prefer vanilla over the definite version.

What's funny is that the PS3 beta was fucking amazing in terms of graphics, so if they downgraded due to "muh previous generation" for "optimization reasons" that's fucking hilarious as (AFAIK) nobody had an issue with the beta areas on PS3.

>SoTFS improves over the original in every way. You have to be a actual hipster to prefer vanilla over the definite version.

lmao me and all my boys agree on this, but i guess people who have friends who play the same games as them as just hipsters aye

scholar is for edgelords.

How much did the beta even cover?
Because I think stuff like the unused Gutter would've fucked the console pretty hard.

bump