So what's the point of this game? Just to have a "pretty" art style...

So what's the point of this game? Just to have a "pretty" art style? Why bother making a game where the only remarkable part can be experienced through youtube and the rest is mediocre and uninteresting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=848Y1Uu5Htk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck off, it's your kind that make this place insufferable.

What? Is the game not going to be good or something? Didn't the creators quit their jobs or something to make it? Seems like they could have just drawn a regular cartoon and save some time and money.

Reminder that I'm going to pirate this game and help others pirate the game too.

Yeah, the point is just to make a game that looks like an old american cartoon. The particle effects look out-of-place but everything else is very consistent. It's supposed to be fun to play to, but I probably won't get it, so idk.

I mean, why even bother? Just watch it on youtube. Or just watch better cartoons on youtube.

The animation and artstyle is gorgeous but the gameplay looks really bland. It looks like a lot of style over substance to me.

Because the shill devs keep spamming Sup Forums with "please buy our game we did so MUCH!"/

you make multiple threads either going YOU HATE THIS FOR NO REASON ADMIT IT SONY or THIS IS THE BEST GAME NOW COMING OUT ACCEPT IT in an attempt to make it look like shilling

>The particle effects
There are no effects, all the animations are hand drawn.

This. I don't know why they bothered making it a video game. They incurred insane costs to do something they could have accomplished by just drawing a cartoon.

It's way too hard

POST IT

wew lad

There is no fucking way this is an adult playing.

insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting shit to change

youtube.com/watch?v=848Y1Uu5Htk

>26 minutes

Good fucking lord.

this cannot be real

Holy shit, he didn't get past the first level.

this has to intentional. no one is this retarded.

>watch someone else play videogames
literally cuckoldry

>OP posts a legitimate opinion
lleee fuucckk off muh board you make it bad whaaa i dont like other opinionspp

Nope, he's a legit retard.

jesus christ. hopefully he gets fired. i get that he's only a reporter but if you're job is to try out upcoming games you need to be at least somewhat competent at the genre.

He's a "reporter" who couldn't even hack it in the scummiest, shittiest field on earth: journalism, and so had to settle for a video game outlet.

He's miserable enough as it is. They won't fire him, because nobody else in the field of video games """"""""""""""""""""""""""journalism"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" is any better.

This is the worst quote i've ever seen because that's not was insanity is.
>happiness is going on the beach and dance a jig
No it's not.
NO
IT'S NOT

Art style would have been rad for a point and click adventure.

What the fuck? Is he dumber than a five year old?

Why not try it when it comes out? Also,

I'd love to see a Fat Albert point and click adventure game.

>I just dont see whats fun about a run and gun game whats has a ton of different bosses and is challenging and you die a lot in it.

Must suck being a millennial and only enjoying games that spoonfead you.

It's a cartoon Contra you underaged lard.

Get the fuck off my board.

I find that hard to believe. They obviously blew their entire budget on the art.

is this polygon?
this is polygon, isn't it?

>Why bother making a game where the only remarkable part can be experienced through youtube

Where's the lie?

This

Why wouldn't you want to experience the gameplay though?

We're looking at a true GOTY contender here, boys.

Why would I? they spent all the money on the art. What is this game going to do that other games didn't already do better?

Alien Soldier is the best game on the Mega Drive and it was only about half finished. Too bad there will never be a remake with all the cut content.

>they spent all the money on the art
How do you justify this? How does this imply the game isn't worth playing?

>I think it's important to show that the developers are going to leave a lot of people who have recently had a hemisphere of their brain removed behind

I've watched the comments on this thread just to see how mean they would be. I think it's useful to show my gameplay experience. I did not intentionally play poorly to "troll" anyone. But it serves as an interesting social experiment. I walk into a game cold, and this is the play that results. The video shows it's a notch more difficult than your typical Mario game. In fact, if you are expecting Mario, as the story says, then you are thrown off. And it shows that the developers are going to leave a lot of people who are worse than me behind. Maybe they're fine with that. Maybe they want to target gamers with a love for difficult games. That's fine. But I think they should signal that. How many games actually come with a tutorial these days? They're not popular. But if it's necessary, that is a signal this is going to require some skill. As for other comments on this thread, I wonder why they are hostile to someone who is viewing the game as a beginner? Are we that intolerant of people who are not "gamers"? Should I have played the scene over and over again until I was good at it, and then turned the recording on, like so many of those perfect video walkthroughs you see? I believe that games can be made accessible and inviting to people who are not hardcore fans, and these people can be accommodated inside the same game that is appealing to hardcore fans, through difficulty levels. So when people tell me that I shouldn't be playing this game because, on my first play, I was pretty lousy -- that's an attitude that argues that games should be shut off in their own little corner, only played publicly by the masters and the experts. I disagree with that view entirely, and I believe it leads to elitist attitudes that allow gamers to look down on other people, and that only leads to a more fragmented world of haters.

it doesnt seem bad for a $20 game, there hasnt really been any big run and gun games for a while now

>couch co op
>Cute art style
>$20
I'm excited

It's not even a $20 game. It's going for $12 on GOG.

There are limited time and resources, and they have to be allocated in a certain way. They have clearly been dumping the majority of those limited time and resources into the art, so they couldn't spend the same amount of time and resources on the actual gameplay. I'm sure the game will be completely mediocre and playable, I have no doubt about that. But I've played plenty of mediocre games. Why play another? What about the GAME (not the visuals) makes Cuphead stand out?

In an ideal world, this sanctimonious bullshit would be punishable by severe beating.

GIT GUD NIGGA WOW

Just play games you like and come to Sup Forums to shitpost. Don't look for community here, there is none.

>i-it's just a social experiment bro

What a tremendously stupid post

because those mediocre games probably had mediocre visuals too. stop pretending visuals don't matter in VIDEO games

Either you learn formatting or provide a tl;dr.

Have you really failed to grasp the idea that resources are finite? Embarrassing.

tl;dr

Redditor beta male with autism.

are you suggesting all games with bad visuals have stellar gameplay?

Thanks.

>Why bother making a game where the only remarkable part can be experienced through youtube
Because that's what sells games, user.
>it's people who actually care about a game's gameplay that make this place insufferable
Kill yourself and fuck off, then.

Going to have to agree with this. The game isn't even out and people are trying to make judgement calls on shit like gameplay. Lmao

>Video game development is a binary system where if you make one part good, another part is bad to compensate.

Yeah man, that's why Big Rigs is the best playing racing game of all time because it looks bad.

>They have clearly been dumping the majority of those limited time and resources into the art
Assumptions my brotha

i love how people bitch about the side scrolling levels even though only the first level was shown off and that they only make up 25% of the game anyway.

Can't the xbox players be in Peace?, leave us alone dude, we're not bothering anyone.

I don't like this art style, it's dated and is just uninteresting for me. I rest don't get the appeal of it.

yep

kys retard

It's on GOG!? MoThaFUc1nG SolDd, thanks dude.

nice blog post. you're not the target audience of this game then obviously.

You realize this isn't a movie and the game still has GAMEplay, don't you? Of course you don't.

That old cartoon style just seems so dull

No problem. I was also hesitant to get it until I saw it was on GOG, at an even lower price than on Steam. It's like the devs really want people to buy it from there and not from Steam.

It's a quote from the "journalist" who played cuphead.

What's the point of any game?

>doesn't know how to play games
>doesn't know how to format a large post

Why was this person made a journalist?

is there anyway to change yt back to its older look?

There's a Stylish script I believe.

Good luck with school!

>that glaring A button graphic that clashes with the entire game's aesthetic theme
>character speed isn't synced to their walking animation

Jesus Christ I hope they fix that.

also training is.