Play the entire game grinding for achievements

>play the entire game grinding for achievements
>90%
>find out you can buy them

why does this option exist

why would you ever grind for achievements

A subtle way of reminding you that video game "achievements" are meaningless.

>being a cheevo whore

I don't get it, is that supposed to be the skeleton from undertale

nope

Yes, that's sans

The only meaningful gaming achievements worth anything are trophies. After 10 plats, your waifu becomes real. After 30, she stops cucking you.

its the new uniertale character sansemil

same reason why people deleted their saves

Wow
So...deep...

h-how many does it take for her to love me back?

>nier autoundertale

you would be correct

is this guy ldown syndromed patient face is klf

you is stroke attack victim face droop ?

It's not deep at all, brainlet.

i wanted to know the lore and see 9S's thighs

Have you done the 'see 95% of enemies' quest that 9S gets? I'd buy that cheevo too.
It's a big fuck you to completionists who are more concerned with achievements than the game itself

>big fuck you
>makes it easier for you

what do you mean by this

>grinding for achievements
why

>Trying to get that fucking flower achievement in the first Nier
Fuck grinding achievements

it devalues the trophies... c'mon m8 do you really need everything spelled out for you

got them in like an hour

>devalues
Lol

More games should do this. Fuck the grind.

>50% of players have platinum
lol

Playing for trophies.
Because you'll never achieve anything else and gain a real trophy.

>50% of players have platinum
And I should care about this because?
I don't give a crap about achievements.

just join a marathon or something and get a medal

if you dont want to play sportsball what other trophy can you even get?

>B-but muh epeen ;_;
Pathetic.

I agree. However, where did you get the idea that I was in favor of cheevos?

they are a token of recognition of feats performed within the game. they are only truly meaningless when made trivial, such as being able to purchase them.

taken outside the context of a videogame(s) they are honestly meaningless, though. but we are speaking of matters within context... or, at least, you'd hope we were.

>token of recognition of feats performed within the game

To make them pointless. People who care about this kind of thing have no business playing the game in the first place.

Reminder to ignore nier threads

oh shit nigger, an mspaint comic

I threw up in my mouth when I saw that you could do this shit.

>spend money to get certain things done.
IRL we call these brothels

were you literally shaking as well my pcùck friend?

you got that right only console plebs care about cheevos

nice deflection

Because achievments are shit and ruined games and Taro knows it.

PeeCucks were a mistake.

>there are people out there
>an entire generation of them in fact
>that purposefully go after achievements

really, this signified the death of video games

you don't play video games because you're gamers but because you're sheep and it's something to do

Taro was never that big a fan of completionism. D1 gave you a joke ending for getting everything. He didn't like how people went through every ending in Nier versus picking the ending you liked and stopping there.

He wants people to have the Platinum trophy if they want it, but the game's ending kinda relies on people giving up their save data which means you're put in a bad spot if you want the trophies but also want to help others. So you have an easy way to get them and then give up your save data.

>it's something to do
In the end that's why anyone plays games.

the distinction is where you're drawing the line

>I-I didn't want the trophy anyway

Talk about sour grapes. Everyone in this thread is a bratty, talentless child.

I wish they had achievements when I was a kid. They really can give a lot of replay value to games if they are done right.

Achievements that require grinding are shit, and should not exist as they require no skill, just large amounts of time repeating the same thing over and over again. If they must exist, let us buy them after obtaining the other achievements first.
Achievements relating to story should be only 1 and locked onto easiest difficulty everytime but gotten if played on higher difficulties.
Now comes actual achievements,which should be hard to get, where it relates to skill not just time. Like, for example in a racing game, obtaining a certain time on a track, whilst it of course takes time, you need to be able to control the car quite well to get said time. Stuff that actually rewards players doing something odd or unexpected should be there as well,but not all time.
Achievements need to be stopped giving out like free candy. Why do some exist like complete first part of game? Takes no skill whatsoever to get that just 30 odd minutes or whatever

Well, at least on PS4 where SAM doesn't exist.

>brothels
Or you know shops or workshops .

You can keep telling yourself it's different and try to keep your gamer pride but it's the same shit user.

>Why do some exist like complete first part of game?
Easy and cheap way for the devs to track player completion rate.

>Why do some exist like complete first part of game?
Getting a reward might stimulate some to continue.
Story achievements can be also for for developers to see how many players managed to finish and where did the majority gets stuck and gave up.

what? that's fucking retarded, stopping at any point which isn't the final ending basically means you haven't finished the game. he should've made a more conventional multiple endings then.

The message is clear boys.
Yoko Taro said trophies are stupid.
No need to keep arguing, move along.

yoko taro made me waste a lot of my time but i'd still suck him off

>what?
That 'joke ending' user was talking about was the starting point of NIER-verse so take the 'joke' part with a grain of salt.

no, I mean if he didn't like how people keep going for the final endings instead of whatever they like, why would he make the games linear where you get more endings as you progress further after the initial ending? should've just made the usual "do this and get ending A or do that for ending C" instead of "get ending A to get B to get C and finally D"

and in every game you get some sort of reward for finishing everything

>ending E in 1
>new title screen in Nier
>super mode in 3
>boss fight in Automata

sounds to me like he enjoys having people complete his games

>he put down the game at Ending E
lmao at plebs who didn't unlock the jet

Was going to buy them, but you need to upgrade all the weapons to max to get ending y, which were the only trophies you'd really need to buy to avoid the grind. It doesn't take too long

I like trophies. I play the game first, then when I'm done with the story I check what trophies there are and go after them. I used to just put games down when I was done with the story and forget about them

OP here, i did that and it took me 20 hours

THEY ARE LITERALLY WORTHLESS

Really? Playing the game naturally gave me all but a few mats that I had to grind an hour or two to get

OCD cheevo faggots blown the fuck out.