This game is a masterpiece in open world design

This game is a masterpiece in open world design.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qEGWtyJAkO0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll show you a masterpiece
*unzips dick*

>open world design
That's an oxymoron

>Open world games
>Designed
Pick one
Open world games were a mistake

t. youngfag who started playing games with 6th gen

Retards spotted

Nice try underage. You're fooling nobody.

>Nintendoshit
>masterpiece

t. buttblasted 20-year old with shit taste

*reveals katana from my trenchcoat*
First and last warning........... Don't mess with me kid..........

It's the ultimate open world, completely empty, with no content of any kind except crap to pick up and endless samey dungeons with no purpose just insert dick receive rewards. It's truely skyrim dumbed down to the point where no rpg or video game elements exist, just an open world ripe for exploring, with nothing to find.
PERFECTION

um you can find those little plant things that hide under rocks, sweetie

But how can you possibly hold all that crap.
Oh right, no inventory system.
Really making steps backwards in video game design there, nintendo.

The sheer ability to actually traverse the world without being restricted definitely is. And on top of that they made the traversing a minigame in itself. Most other open world games limit you to what you can walk (flat ground, hills) or designated areas to climb. Also, you can't make a thread praising Zelda in any way on this board, user.

Blunder of the Wild is literally mediocre and the only people defending it are diehard drones who are obligated to say good things about the Switch's only real game and 11-year-olds who have never played an open-world game before

No it isn't. It's good, but hardly a masterpiece. Why don't you explain why you think that though?

>The sheer ability to actually traverse the world without being restricted definitely is
Not really, ever play morrowind? Now that was a fully traversable world right there.

Wow. Literally 12 years old.

It's overrated garbage.

Holy shit, could you be any more of assblasted jealous kiddie? Fuck me. Cry yourself to sleep.

Where did the "open world games suck" meme come from? There's nothing wrong with any genre; only individual games can have flaws.
That's like saying movies as a whole are bad.

Not even the best open world on the system

hahaaa you found me, now go and buy Skyrim remasteredâ„¢ on steam now. might as well pick up a copy of Fallout 4â„¢ and a season pass while you are at it.

>A tablet game designed for children.
>Being a masterpiece at anything.

Toddlers are so insecure.

>hahaaa you found me, now go and buy Skyrim remasteredâ„¢ on steam now
I'd rather buy it on switch because there's nothing else to play on that pile of shit and everybody knows skyrim and every other game is 10000x better portable, at 720 30 fps.

Elma is pure.

The annual awards are already starting to roll in.

You posted the wrong image op.

>paid reviews.

Real gaming magazines such as Famitsu has Persona 5 as the best game.

The only good thing about this game is it's 5 hours long so you can beat it, give it a 10/10 review, and still have time to jerk off before bed time.

morrowind wasn't "fully traversable" especially not like BotW is, but yeah, the levitation was a great mechanic. Shame they took it out of the series, despite still using the same engine.

>"Zelda Killer"
>doesn't outsell Zelda
>Zelda is still discussed daily on Sup Forums while Horizon is completely forgotten
Get this generic schlock out of here.

Horizon is an infantile embarrassment next to BotW.

It's shit.

This year had a lot of great games. There are even more to come.
BOTW, Prey, Metroid, Mario, Xenoblade, The Evil Within 2, and Resident Evil 7 are all great.
It's almost shocking if you compare this year to last year. Last year was terrible for games.

Botw has invisible walls and cliffs that are never meant to be scaled.
Morrowind is 100% traversable, even without levitation things like the jump spell, or even acrobatics.
Not to mention most of the artifacts in the world are hidden in hard-to-reach places that need you to make the best use of your traversal mechanics.
It's not just "climb mountain slow as fuck, over and over and over again, for no real reason other than to watch link's fuckboi ass jiggle around in slut attire.

It's being discussed daily by Zelda fans.

There is NOTHING wrong with watching Link's ass jiggle.

>That's like saying movies as a whole are bad.
no open world is a genre, so it's like saying all horror movies are shit, which in fact they are.

Hating open world games is a Sup Forums meme, I am actually a big fan of open world games since i played hunter as a kid. I have played a lot and zelda always does their open worlds right. WW and BotW being the best of incorperating fun traversal with a sense of wonder and exploration.

thing is with open world games is that we are over saturated with them. GTAIII started the craze and we have had so many poor open world games that people are tired of them.
Games like ass creed had forced open world in them and even they could not get the open world right until 3.

As soon as Vloodz new speedhack comes out BOTW is going to be a superior PC release in every way.

>No one's talking about my shit game anymore.
>Better bring it up again.
>See you're mad about it.

Toddlers are so insecure.

Horror movies aren't shit. It's just that most modern horror movies are shit.
Oddly enough, it's a similar situation with open world games.
The best modern horror movies are Insidious and the Babadook. The rest are all pretty much bad.

>BOTW, Prey
these are the only good games I have played this year.
not played any of the others on your list. BotW is one of the best games I have ever played and it was a real treat to play a game like that. Amazing games only come once a decade.
I'm hoping for DotO to be a good

I agree. I've dropped every open world game I've played after 30 minutes. Except for botw. I have over 400 hours in it and still can't stop for some reason. I have no idea what the fuck nintendo did but the game is fun.

Could somebody for once explain how BOTW was a masterpiece in open world design instead of just parroting it
I liked the game but pretending the open world isn't filled with filler, copy pasted boring activities and overall nothingness is just stupid. It has great exploration but so do many many other games

>I agree. I've dropped every open world game I've played after 30 minutes.
This is me

>Except for botw
This isn't

I haven't paid for an Open World game in nearly a decade for good reason. There will never be one that satisfies me. They all get boring within the hour.

>Morrowind is 100% traversable
it's not though. Morrowind is a good game but it's not traversable like zelda, and yeah it doesn't have invisible walls but it is an island. idk if it has invisible walls out at sea, I've never swam it.
BotW is a landmass, has invisible walls and expanse georges that kill you.

Too bad its a shitty Zelda title though...

Imo it has nothing to do with the open world design, but their approach to making you explore. You reveal the map and it's nothing but topography. Every other openworld game you unlock the map and see a million quest/npc markers all over the goddamn place and you say fuck it. Since the map never had anything on it I always wanted to see for myself. The rest I can't explain. They just did something right.

Yeah seems like horror movies are done, no original ideas any more.
tbqh I'm not a fan of horror movies or games but there are some good ones.
Exorcist
Nightmare on Elm street
Poltergeist
The entity

Resident evil 1-3
Alien Isolation

So how is botw traversable again if you can't traverse massive parts of it?
Because you can go from any one point on morrowind to any other point in one of many ways, not just climbing and gliding.

thisIf we are just talking about the open world not the god tier physics it has a sense of wonder that I haven't seen in other open world games.
You have to climb to higher areas to see distant points of interest and get a lay of the land. The ubisoft esque towers are just to reveal the topography.

You're acting like the fact the towers only reveal topography is some sort of elaborate feature.
Same bullshit applies to a dozen open world games.
And unlike most of them those games actually have things to reveal in them, unlike botw which has nothing to reveal ergo nothing is revealed.

>you can't traverse massive parts of it?
you can traverse every part of zelda, the parts you cant traverse are the parts that aren't in the game map i.e the borders.
climbing,gliding,on foot,horseback,sailing, physics jumping (like stasis on an object)
Iirc Morrowind only has walking, levitating and acro jumping

What exactly do you mean by "can't traverse massive parts of it"? The only place in botw you literally can not traverse is the lava in the goron area. Literally everywhere else in the game you can walk/climb/cryo across the whole damn ocean if you want.

>BotW is a landmass, has invisible walls and expanse georges that kill you.
Those are the boudaries of the world. There are NO invisible walls within the game. What did you expect? For Nintendo some how manage to magically produce a game which had no end to its world? A world that go infinitely forever? Should Link get into a space ship and fly to another world?

This is level of shitpost complaints about the game. Utterly retarded nonsense.

6 months and sonygros are buttmad as the first day. Imagine when Mario Odyssey launch.

The ride never ends.

Not exactly sure what you mean. It's clear to me that you don't like the game but there was plenty to explore. I found towns, huge temples, a giant fucking posessed dragon, a damn survival island, some really cool shrine puzzles, gigantic sand fish etc etc.

What is it that you want to see specifically that would satisfy your idea of "things to reveal"?

>waaaah it's not linear, handholding, block-pushing toddler shit!!!

BOTW Link is the winner of the Powerball genetic lottery.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It will be worse. The year end awards for BotW are already starting to roll in, Mario Odyssey is shaping uo to crush everything and the Switch will dominate Christmas.

The ass sting from the next few months will legendary, even on Sup Forums.

you're a masterpiece in sucking cock

I can't wait to see the anal devastation. It will be glorious.

why would anyone care about a game getting fucking "awards"? are you retarded?

Link a cute.

>uses fish AI as an example
ok whatever you say

Persona 5 is an old game so it doesn't even factor in.

Sonygros do.
Sonygros care about metacritic scores and awards. Winning in your own game is fucking hilarious.

Stay mad, kiddo.

>... of All Time
people ruined this phrase for me.

Not him, but to be fair to Edge Magazine they update their GOAT list every year. Next year could br a different game at the top of the list.

Not him but here's a video comparison.

youtu.be/qEGWtyJAkO0

It terms of world building, immersion and game design, BotW is on a different planet to everything else right now. And I'm saying that as a part-time Sonybro.

>Same bullshit applies to a dozen open world games.
name 3
I'm not even memeing i genuinely want to see if you can name 3 open world games where you have to look at the topography, and climb higher peaks to get a view for where to go, rather than the classic tower, reveal the map, follow pinpoints

>There are NO invisible walls within the game
>what is gerudo desert

Where? You mean the end of the world? I already said that. That's just the end of the world. Because the game can't go on forever. It's not magical.

There are NO invisible walls WITHIN the game.

Name 3 better open world games design-wise and explain why?

>Lubina de Hyrule

>That's just the end of the world
>NO invisible walls WITHIN the game.
>being this retarded
what do you think invisible walls are retarded faggot?

Wow, that video comment section is a salt mine.

Name one good game where the map never ends and you can continue forever. Big Rigs doesn't count.

You are saying that like it's impossible to put up visible barriers so the player can't go through them. Invisible walls are the absolute laziest way to prevent player movement, no matter how you try to twist the situation.

It's not a big deal, of course, but it's still annoying. It takes you out of the game to remind you that you are, indeed, just playing a game.

This desperate.

The 'invisible wall' is then end of the gaming world. That's all. You cannot go any further
There are NO 'invisible walls' are not within the game world stopping your progress or obstructing your movement.

What don't you understand you mongoloid? Are Nintendo supposed to create magical game worlds which never ever end?

Kek

you sure seem pressed, kiddo. get over it

To be far, Nintendo manage the situation quite well. Try to sail the sea to he east and the wind blows you back, try to cross the massive gorge in the North and the wind blows you back. These are less immersion-breaking than hitting an invisible wall but come the fuck on, it's a limp-dicked attempt at criticism. There are no invisible walls or boundaries within the game world.

GTA SA

>NO 'invisible walls
you are a retard and can't read. Why are you contradicting yourself in the same sentence saying there is and is not any invisible walls in the game...how retarded does one comment have to get.
The "you are at the end of the world cant go further message" is shown, when you reach an invisible wall, hence there is invisible walls in the game, end of discussion.
If you actually followed the post instead of being a massive retard, user was talking about Morrowind not having invisible walls limiting the player and BotW having them.

FYI a better wa for them to have dealt with the Gerudo desert was for it to get extremely hot and kill you quite fast and no clothes would help, or just get you lost and return like in OoT desert

No you stupid fuck. No matter how much you try and twist it.

The invisible walls in BotW are simple the end of the world. Because the world has to end at some point.

That's different from other games which put invisible walls WITHIN the scope of the game to limit player movement or funnel the player in a certain direction.

BotW has none of that restrictive bullshit. The player is completely free.

What don't you get? Do you understand ANYTHING about game design?

So if gerudo desert let you walk endlessly across an empty repeating desert instead of reaching a wind barrier, then botw would be a good game for you? That's all it would take?

Different user here, you are actually being retarded. We understand that nothing restricts movement or limits player movement, but THERE are invisible walls in the game. Just because it's at the boundary of the map doesn't mean it isn't an invisible wall. Obviosusly it's a non-issue due to there location placement, but you can't say they don't exist.

FYI, there are also invisible walls if you try to leave the plateau without the glider.

its the second worst zelda after SS.

>There are NO invisible walls within the game
>no invisible walls in the game
>invisible walls in game
The level of retardation is so unreal and hes still trying to dig himself out of it

I liked the game, but it got boring fast mayne.

BotW is a god tier game, one of teh best I have ever played, the invisible walls in the desert are not an issue to me, though i was hoping for a sandstorm and return like lost woods mechanic or OoT desert. it's a necessary game design mechanic though I am inclined to think that there might be more to the desert in the DLC.
Gerudo Desert is my favourite area in the game.

>wind barrier
It's not a wind barrier in the desert it's an invisible wall

That why I put 'invisible walls' within quotation marks.

Because it's not the same thing as what is traditionally reffered to within gaming as 'invisible barriers' or 'funnelling'.

Show anywhere WITHIN the game - not the edge of the godamn world - where the player's movement or progress gets restricted by any kind barriers. Not being able to get off the plateau is reduntant because it's a tutorial area - it's a design choice rather than an example of ineptitude or game design skill by the developer. Which is the entire point of this argument. Tell me I'm wrong.

>no bulge

See you are just arguing semantics, which is why you are being called retarded. An invisible wall is an invisible wall no matter where it is or it's purpose in the game.
>Show anywhere WITHIN the game
>Except this one example that refutes my point!
Fuck off.

Also if you want another example, then Lost Woods is another one.