WoW Legion

>awesome solo content
>Lots of great easter eggs and hidden quests/story
>Enjoyable raids
>Enemies that actually do something other than stand there waiting to get beaten
>Lore enemies that actually mean something

Has this been the best WoW expansion since Wrath?

>RNG on top of RNG
>Shit legendaries
>PVP in the shitter more than ever before
>World PvP that has you literally 1 shotting equally geared retards with fan of knives and immortal tanks
>Literally retarded story

This is arguably worse than WoD.

Is it? This xpac has more raids and dungeons than WoD, which is definite content that actually matters compared to stuff like an AFK house

Why does blizzard send employees on Sup Forums? They have to know it's useless by now.

there's always been RNG in this game
the legendaries are actual legendaries and feel legendary
pvp is balanced now, you're just bad
world pvp is good, again, you're just bad
the story is good, you just don't understand it

WoD was bad because it lacked content. Legion has ten times more content but they completely fucked up the game underneath it. They are still so scared of people running out of stuff to do that the game abandoned all pretense of being anything but an infinite Skinner's box.

The entire core of the gameplay outside of mythic raids and high levels of mythic+ is designed so that thoughtlessly charge in and kill any mob and any number of mobs without any consideration, they even made every enemy scale to your level to further this goal of making the core of the game as braindead as possible

Why would I want to raid when there's no game surrounding those raids?

they actually remade garrisons
they hate players so much that they remade the worst part of the last expansion
also the quick list why legion is a shit
>class design
>artifacts
>legendaries
these 3 point completely ruin any fun you could have in this game
i miss wod

There's never been this level of rng. Titanforging etc

Legendaries feel legendary when everybody has them and a majority of them are absolute trash?

LOL

LOL

LOL

Ok I get it it was bait, almost got me.

Why do you come here? Don't you guys get depressed when you see how much we revile you? I can't imagine the look on their faces when you give them feedback, do you pretend its positive? Just release legacy servers already.

>It must be a shill thread
Relax, WoW's an old game based on an old franchise for oldfags who can't scratch off the MMO itch.

No self respecting oldfag stayed subbed after Cataclysm, maybe a few were hoodwinked in MoP because it was semi-decent but after that I refuse to believe anyone is dumb enough.

>subbed
There's the problem, you assume oldfags aren't good enough making easy gold to not only play for free but make money to spend on other stuff like Destiny 2 or Overwatch

Eh, i think it's fine. Started recently but i'm already feeling dropping out, but it's decent.

Plus:
>Pretty much always something to do
>Raids are still pretty good
>Character customization is better than ever
>Artifact is pretty cool

Cons:
>Maybe little bit too grindy
>RNG makes BiS collecting nightmarish, especially on legendaries
>Legendaries are mostly shit, on my class at least
>PvP is still dead
>Most classes raped

I give it C+

WoD had

>no content

And an entire patch dedicated to a selfie cam. This is much better

>money to spend on other stuff like Destiny 2 or Overwatch
NOW THIS IS PODRACING! -5/10 user.

Excellent digits friend. People still think raids are why WoW was so popular. They never learn.

I'd care about Legion if it weren't for the Legendary grind which can take several months to get what you're after on EVERY character you play. Legion is such an incredibly alt unfriendly expansion.

Considering how all these WoW clones can't get the basic concept that end game both keeps players and brings new players in, that point still stands

well you can argue both ways some like shit class design and alot to do some liked decent class design and redoing one raid again and again
i liked wod more since atleast bgs were fun because i liked my class
legion could have been amazing but the classes are so fucking bad i tried every single one and not one is close to being fun

Destiny 2 is going to be fucking huge. I don't like the game but you'd be a retard to pretend that is won't blow up now that its on every platform (on the Blizz store front page no less) and had this huge marketing push.

Wowfags keep saying the raids are the best they've ever bee. Even if that true (it isn't), why are sub number sin the shitter. They've been on a downward tend since Cata' redesign of the world, leveling, and itemization.

Legendaries aren't a sucha problem anymore, since the changes you can get your firts one around the 24-26h played at 110.
The thing that upsets me about legendaries is the fact that some classes are dogshit if they don't get the right legendary or that some legendaries are leagues better than the others.

No one cares about your normie trash, Blizzard.

>implying I'm shilling

user please. I may not like it but I know what normies eat up, and they will definitely eat up Destiny 2. You can pretend its will bomb all you want but the only people who think it will are the one son Malaysian basket weaving board.

>RNG
>RNG
>RNG
>RNG
best expansion since my ass

>the legendaries are actual legendaries and feel legendary
that you can get by pure chance on a wild bear
sure mate

I just PvP. Rogue still take lots of skill, and I'm getting Glad each season. Fun playing with my friends. Only clock in about 15-20 hours a week.

Plenty of time for better things. I pity the losers still raiding hardcore and putting in 40-60 hours a week.

I agree they fucked classes (MM hunter here) and PvP, but the gameplay on PvE and solo side has outweighed those for me personally

MMOs can't be successful without both an end game and an actual game. WoW is bleeding subs because it has no actual game, other games died because their end game was trash. These things aren't mutually exclusive.

vanillfag just dont remember how shit it was. just look at this retarded item? who would even want this shit? im glad blizzard made legion so much better

>bought it and played through a lot of the content as a DK because of the new and improved attack animations
>dropped once they got boring

I need more meat to my gameplay and combat, and story's impossible tl care about.

Also kinda seems like they're trying to trim the skills down to moba levels with each xpac.

dont see everything in black and white not everyone that doesnt like legion likes vanilla
cata and mop was the best time

Variance in itemization quality makes both the good items and the bad items special and more unique, and getting an upgrade means more than just an ilevel increase. People still remember Ashkandi and Perditions blade for how good and sought-after they were, and people still remember Thunderstrike for being an absolute trash drop that no one was really looking for. Most people can't name a single item from Legion that's not a legendary.

all i can name is vicious, nothing else, my legendary was xanti something, i cant remember holy or disci name at all

Pros:
_____

Still able to solo to max level
Three specs for every class and cool looking features
More vanity pets than ever
Holinka is gone

Cons:
_____

AP grinding is mandatory if you expect to do any activity involving other people.
Gearscore is just as much of a burden now than it ever was, except now people expect you to have at least two legendaries, and a maxed out legendary weapon
The quests are not fun, at all.
You have to do a ridiculous amount of boring quests just to halfway unlock the ability to fly, you also have to do raids that nobody wants to do anymore, and PVP.
Old world activities feel absolutely pointless, and you will still AFK in your garrison most of the time, just to prevent overpopulation in your class hall
Ion Hazzikostas still has a job at Blizzard.

Yeah, to this very day I can still remember the Krol Blade for how excellently its stats were tuned to optimize Hunters.

>DUDE LIGHT IS AS BAD AS FEL LMAO

What a retarded premise

>7.0.3
OK, Sup Forums, would you..

>bring back honor and conquest currency / replace it with something else
>keep PvP instance normalization
>5v5 Arena
>keep Human racial to stuns
>bring back Burst of Speed, Preparation, etc. for rogues
>bring back uniqueness and CC to hunters

>>awesome solo content

kys your self

lore sucks now

This.
I still smile whenever I'm leveling an alt through Blackfathom and Rod of the Sleepwalker drops.
I kept that thing on my warlock for at least 12 levels.

so im playing on private 7.1.5, garrison doesnt work, devs are not working to fix it, no one on the server complains, no one gives a fuck

Shaman legendaries are awesome specially elemental

>bring back honor and conquest currency / replace it with something else
bring it back was way better than random drops fuck the rngmeme
>keep PvP instance normalization
no i want it balanced in the real world too its also confusing for new players maybe meet in the middle like in cata some warrior ability just did half of its dmg to players to avoid oneshots
>5v5 Arena
yes bring it back removing content that was in the game for years for no reason is stupid make it give no glad if that was a problem whatever it was fun
>keep Human racial to stuns
remove all racials/let people choose their racials so stupid that i cant play the race i want because of racials fucking half of the horde i elves now because of broken racials let me play what i want
>bring back Burst of Speed, Preparation, etc. for rogues
burst of speed was cancer it can come back in a nerfed state prep can come back too if they nerf the abilities it resets
>bring back uniqueness and CC to hunters
just redo hunter completely or revert it to mop/wod what the fuck did they do to them

i feel like casuals even though you're the majority, should be seen but not heard. the game is at a greatish (7.5/10) for late game players

>want to read about new/decent wow private server
>wpsg died again
godpoo but they probably would just shitpost anyway
hows your server? how many player how buggy?

Shit game, if you're still playing this in the current year you are either a normie or a braindead faggot with stockholm syndrome.

>$15 per month for the privilege to play a literaly chore of a game

nty.

>everyone has a legendary
>they feel legendary

Pick one dumb shitter

monster wow but im considering switching to circle. monsters is too broken for me. some bugs are hilariously bad
>sprej has purify disease
>get disease
>cast it on myself
>first thing it dispels is my shadow form
yeah no

2017 actually having to pay irl dollars to play wow, i feel bad for you senpai

>This is arguably worse than WoD.

this is what retardation looks like

None of the Legion raids live up to BRF though. I really liked that place 2bh even if everything else in WoD was shitty.

>then
Holy shit, did you hear about that hunter that won the glaives of azzinoth?
>now
I am just so upset that that hunter got those ilvel 950 bracers with versatility on them. My pawn says that would have been a .35% dps upgrade for me!

>There's never been this level of rng.

nigger I spent over 40 runs of UBRS just to get a single set piece back in the day, you'll never get that now

I liked the Artifact system at first but as time has gone on my opinion has soured on it. The best part about raiding was finally getting that fucking weapon you've been waiting to drop for weeks and getting that big DPS boost. You don't get that with your artifact weapon.

>This is arguably worse than WoD.
I can't just stand by and let you claim such absolute bullshit. Nothing is worse than WoD.

I guess it still kinda happens with the relics you put in your weapon, can still raise it's ilvl by like 10+ levels.

But yeah, it's not the same

WoD had:
- Good raids

Legion has:
- Some cool skins

WoD wins for sure.

>WoD had:
>- Good raids
No it didn't. Revisionist history is fucking weird, dude. It had a few good fights in otherwise awful raids, I'll give you that.

>navigating around argus
literal fucking aids, shitty terrain and pathways with mobs everywhere that will daze you

Wod and Legion raiding is arguably the same, nothing much has changed.

However, everything surrounding raids in Legion is shit, you have to grind for a ridiculous amount of hours to be able to raid.

I enjoyed the WoD raids at the time and you're not going to convince me I imagined it.

user, there was a time when US servers only had to pay $15,000 gold per month to stay subbed.

That was entirely on you. There wasn't a wall of complete strangers with expectations for what you had equipped.

Except the dazing, sounds like the Broken Isles

The system was cool when each new rank felt significant to your character, augmenting an ability. That stopped with the dump traits.

>awesome solo content

Yes, it's around that time you should realize that there's something wrong with this mmorpg.

That's the point user, same reason they removed flying. If you spend 90% of the time getting dazed and fighting mobs Blizzard has to provide a lot less content every month.

>There wasn't a wall of complete strangers with expectations for what you had equipped.

Did you actually play vanilla? There always were those people. Maybe not as easy to check back then, but even then it was required to gear up in any real way. Couldn't progress through the .5 quest chain without your full dungeon set, so have fun hoping for that drop and then winning the roll against 14 other people.

>whines about grind
That is in every single expansion ever made.
If anything the only expansion to ease up on the grind, Cataclysm, is one of the most criticized.

>almost every boss in ToS has a soaking mechanic
But why?

stack rogues

Highmaul and BRF were fucking great. I unsubbed before the other one so I can't comment on it.

My only problem with BRF was the godawful environment. Sure, I get it, it's a foundry, but it's just so boring and depressing to look at.

BRF in particular was fun. Lack of content doesn't mean ALL content was bad. It was still a bad expansion.

>i want to spend 5 hours each day killing boars to prepare for raids
kill yourself neet

I'll take the BRF aesthetic over the black and green Legion shit of ToS and the new raid any fucking day.

>being forcibly turned into a brainwashed zombie is a good thing

No means No.

equip your prydaz guys

jesus christ every time blizzard makes a remotely interesting zone that requires some memorization rather than flying over everything like a mongoloid there's retards complaining about it

Yea, those are terrible to look at too. Why can't Blizzard make GOOD LOOKING raids anymore?

Most criticized by who? You?

I've raided in every expansion since Wrath, and the most grindy has been Legion, because you need to do M+, at the start you also had to grind for raid mats, which took 30 minutes per hour of raid, only thing rivaling this was fishing for food at the start of WoD.

nobody worth their salt gives two shits about what you have equipped, they care about the numbers you're pushing

gear is of course a prerequisite for that, but you can get an alt up there in a month or less unless you're shit

only problem is some classes depend on RNG legendaries

I thought Emerald Nightmare looked great

>we have people unironically admitting they're wrathbabbies now

>awesome solo content
>Lots of great easter eggs and hidden quests/story
If you want a story driven single player experience you shouldn't be playing an MMO.

Fuck all these lucky niggers that got the Blistermaw/Houndmaster Kerrax mounts.

>at the start you also had to grind for raid mats
I assume you're talking about vanilla here, in which case your post is extremely poorly written

Nigger just ride your racial mount, why do you even care about these neon dildo faggoticus maximus attention whore mounts?

I only liked Mar'Gok in Highmaul. Blackhand and Gruul were the only good fights in BRF.

I ride my class mount because I'm a DK and I have the best one.

Try again, I've raided since Wrath, played since late 2005.

Nope, meant at the start of Legion. I was an officer in a pretty decent guild, and I had people come to me saying that that they were spending hours a day grinding herbs. It wasn't until a later patch that you could buy those mats with bloods (?), and later tehy introduced new pots, which are better and cost a fraction of the original ones.

In any case, try going on retail right now and see if you can find someone who's played since Wrath, it'll be a lot harder than you think.

The content is great in Legion, but it's spoiled by all the RNG, grinding and timegating. Power creep is out of control, they have to rescale the world every 2 months and the raids were better in WoD.

>awesome solo content
>mmo
I don't think you know the point of the genre

Again, every single expansion.
Just replace M+ with Heroic.
There were always pots and flasks, there were always food buffs, there were always fishable mats.
Frankly I don't even believe you're a Wrathbaby if you haven't noticed this long standing pattern in gearing up to raid.

your guild was shit and the people playing it were shit. if you're not swimming in millions of gold at this point to just buy whatever the fuck you need i dont know what youve been doing in this game the past decade

A stat squish is desperately fucking needed in the next expansion.

Why did they have to change how Warforged items worked? WoD had it just fine. Warforged increasing the ilevel by a set number and that's it. It was fine, why change it?

Legion would be great if it werent for all of the RNG bullshit. Instead of firing all of the retards who ruined Diablo 3 they put all of them onto the WoW team so they could shit on WoW with their RNGboners.

Now we have an otherwise great expansion completely soured by the fact that if you dont get an extremely rare orange drop, you are gimped in your role no matter how good you play. There are some people who have been playing since the beginning of the expansion who STILL do not have their BiS legendary items, and this is the last patch. Those people have played throughout the entire expansion on gimped characters just because they didnt get lucky with the RNG on top of RNG with a side of RNG.