What was your most embarassing moment playing video games, Sup Forums?

What was your most embarassing moment playing video games, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=848Y1Uu5Htk
kotaku.com/watching-someone-else-play-resident-evil-7-on-youtube-1791970555
venturebeat.com/2017/08/24/cuphead-hands-on-my-26-minutes-of-shame-with-an-old-time-cartoon-game/
steamcommunity.com/app/367520/discussions/0/135510194250374210/
youtube.com/watch?v=9yYp8ZeQ-I8
archive.is/6FGOl
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>inb4 300+ replies

when i bought dusk. fuck you dave. glad i refunded your shitty fucking game

Realizing that the most popular game reviewers like IGN etc. are absolutely terrible at video games.

In fact, they are so bad, that they rate things down just for being "hard" as if that's a flaw.

Not only that, but I'm 100% positive they watch gameplay videos instead of playing the game itself.

fpbp

fucking girl gamers dude

me peenus weenus la'

This is physically painful to watch.

>This is the target demographic of big-name video game publishers

How do you suck this badly?

ALso reminder that 99,9% of people that hate japanese games are polygon/ign/destructoid readers.

I was playing Mario Kart 8 once on my Nintendo 64 when I accidentally threw up all over the controller, I tried to clean up all the puke with my bare hands but it wasn't working. I tried to wipe the puke off with my bare eyes and it stung for 1 hour straight. During the hour I accidentally drove all the way to Singapore.

When I got there I realized that I was better at driving a real car with puke in my eyes, than I am at playing Mario Kart.

>the dark souls of side-scrollers

btw has anybody the promo video of the guy playing DOOM 2016 ?

How are they not able to apply the basic fundamentals of learning?

>well that didn't work.
>I should do it again the same.

Why do they do it at all?
I'm pretty sure this guy or the guy doing the Polygon D44M review did not have fun playing the game.
Why get into video games if you can't enjoy them? Are they all film aesthete wannabes?

This is clickbat, they make money form this.

Don't fall for it.

Their last video where some spastic played doom made them a shitload of money.

>ss13
>playing for the first time
>server called "Citadel"
>reminds me of mass effect, i'll try
>join
>i have no idea how to play the game
>finally figure out the controls
>walk around the station, people running around
>eventually find a place that looked like a bar
>look at the text chat
>"Maya Barkley started furiously masturbating "
>fuckno.jpg
>close the game
i didn't realize i was playing on a furry erp sever

Just look at youtube. Every single gaming channel eventually drifts into more movie stuff than games. These people are just too shit to be anywhere else so they get dumped into games.
If you were to care for this guy's opinion on games, you might as well ask an illiterate what he thinks of a book or a blind person what he thinks of a movie.

>making money from posting a webm on Sup Forums
Are you perhaps retarded?

that makes sense, but how is defaming yourself a sustainable plan?

This isn't polygon

>How are they not able to apply the basic fundamentals of learning?

Because they genuinely give zero fucks. They just want to get through the thing as fast as possible with as little mental effort as possible.

They could be that dumb sure. But more than likely they just literally give zero fucks about it at all. Which i think is even worse than just plain ole sucking since for whatever reason people like you just think they suck and are stupid instead of just really not caring about vidya at all. Meaning that people who give zero shits are allowed access and there for the ability to make shit that shapes opinions.

With the very least if they were just stupid and sucked cause it well it would still be kinda okay since they would still care about vidya...but they dont so best just ignore that type of shit all together for the sake of limiting its exposure and therefore its revenue.

>having shit taste

almost joined that server because it reminded me of HL2 lmao

>playing re4 at friends house
>we are like 10 years old
>looked up cheats on my aol internet at the time before I went to his house
>find the up the skirt feature
>tell friend about it
>we do it
>his dad walks in
>asks what we are doing
>tells his dad I was showing him an up skirt trick in the game
>heart is racing
>sweat accumulating
>his dad laughs and walks away

>defending unoptimized garbage

well memed friend

>tfw genuinely believe games are superior to movies
Movies are literally dumbed down books. I don't get why they have so much prestige.
And if you want to get into artform, both music and paintings are far superior to movies.
I fucking love books, though. And I'm not a /lit/ faggot.

sauce?

i like the part where the nimrod starts crouching, hoping it might do SOMETHING for him

oh god where did you find this video

they could choose a different name for a fetish server

youtube.com/watch?v=848Y1Uu5Htk

>Watching someone else play Resident Evil 7 on YouTube: the Kotaku Review

I'm absolutely livid that this exists

Yes, it's real

kotaku.com/watching-someone-else-play-resident-evil-7-on-youtube-1791970555

I was playing Onimusha the other day and didn't realize the power and magic jewels were consumables to permanently boost your HP until halfway through the game. The game wasn't particularly difficult outside of those fucking Kaede sections where you have no way to regain HP besides stockpiling restoratives on Samanosuke's side but it was still a dumb moment.

>system requirements ever being accurate
The game can runs exceptionally well for a unity game.

>those comments
Hitler was an underachiever

This is almost as bad as that one hack trying to play D44M

I'm absolutely terrible at MOBAs

>Wipe the puke off with my bare eyes

>post yfw those comments

>I don't get why they have so much prestige.
>They're dumbed down books
You answered your own question.

oh man watching him play the level is actually so much worse

it's like this dude is incapable of learning anything

But sometimes trying the same thing is just what you need to pass in other games. Like if you miss a jump but only because you didn't go far enough or landed wrong.

DSP played this already?

Spent an hour on 999's first puzzle. Got so mad I had to masturbate furiously just to calm down.

WHAT THE HELL WAS THIS FUCKING CUNT TRYING TO HIT? HAS HE EVER PLAYED MARIO?

>skip through
>constantly see "you died"
>27 minutes in
>27 fucking minutes
>dude is still trying to jump on enemies like mario

Holy shit, man. Holy shit.

Eh, that's more like a gimmick article than anything else

bullshit.

Looks like the skill level of your average Sup Forums player

venturebeat.com/2017/08/24/cuphead-hands-on-my-26-minutes-of-shame-with-an-old-time-cartoon-game/
Jesus fuck reading him talking about it is even worse:
>I didn’t realize for quite a long time that you don’t accomplish anything by jumping on top of an enemy, like in the Mario games

Maybe if you actually played the game before returning it, you would have seen for yourself

the person playing the game in that webm doesn't play games and doesn't report or work for a games related field, for the record

not that that excuses his utter lack of logical thinking

shit game quit shilling

How do you not learn that the second you fall on an enemy and see your character flashing invuln from taking damage? Even someone who has never played video games before would catch on in under a half hour. Even DSP would figure it out sooner.

pfffffffffffft ahahahahahaha

2nd crash fucking when?

WAIT A MINUTE THAT KEYCARD

Where did we go so wrong.

That's not fair, you've been playing games for years you know what to do. The person in the OP hasnt

>Playing 1.6
>bomb has been planted
>get to it and try to defuse
>nothing happens
>panic.exe
>start panicking into the mic, "guys it wont let me defuse the bomb shit i dunno whats wrong with my game sorry guys it wont let me defuse" etc
>friend pipes up and reminds me we're on terrorists

i still cringe when i think about this.

>2GB RAM
>9800GTX
>Dual Core
>for a game that should run on an old Voodoo and a Pentium 3

So this is the power of Unity

>I suck
>but I should be allowed to suck

>SH-ILL, MOM LOOK I SAID IT AGAIN SHIL SHILL SHILL *braaaaaaap* MOOOOMMMMIE DOOOOODIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

These are the people reviewing your games, claiming to be gamers and changing the industry to suit their political beliefs

preach brotha

Fuck it I'm posting the article:

>I suck at Cuphead. Let’s get this out of the way. But in my defense, the run-and-gun platformer from Studio MDHR and Microsoft is difficult.

>The old-time cartoon style game comes out on September 29 on Windows and the Xbox One, and I got a good preview of the game at the Gamescom event in Cologne, Germany. It turns out that it’s harder than it looks, and that is part of its appeal. While my performance on the captured video below is quite shameful, as I never finished the level, I think it shows quite well why Cuphead is fun and why making hard games that depend on skill is like a lost art.

>Maja Moldenhauer, the sole inking artist at Studio MDHR, walked us through a tutorial for Cuphead before letting us loose. It was a bad sign when I took a long time to figure out how to jump off a stone and dash through the air to get over a bigger stone. Moldenhauer said the proper term was “challenging,” not “difficult.” But I quickly put the lie to that terminology.

>Go ahead, laugh your heart out at my expense.

>Cuphead is a run-and-gun action platformer with hand-drawn art that is inspired by animations from the 1930s. It was inspired by the subversive art of Fleischer Studios, Disney, and others. While Cuphead may remind you of the cup character in Beauty and the Beast, it actually was inspired by a 1936 Japanese propaganda film where a man with a teacup head turns into a tank.

>As I started the new level, I talked to Mac on the bridge and then went into the action in the Forest Follies section. This was supposed to be the first of several sections we could play, but I didn’t make it very far. The story sections of the game were deleted, and I was able to go straight to gameplay. Of course, I expect the final game to have a lot more emphasis on gameplay over story, as the designers of the game — Chad and Jared Moldenhauer — are known for that style with their previous game, Super Meat Boy, from 2010.

>be kid
>make two male sims have sex
>show my dad

How the fuck does ANYONE take video game journalists seriously?

so these are the people that consolefaggots rely on to hype up their shit games? huh...

>are known for that style with their previous game, Super Meat Boy, from 2010.
Beyond fucking pathetic.

Why not just archive it?

2/2

>I could have played a co-op game with another person, and that would have been a good idea as a newbie. But I went straight into it, even after a PR person told me he couldn’t finish a level.

>I didn’t realize for quite a long time that you don’t accomplish anything by jumping on top of an enemy, like in the Mario games. Rather, you lose a life. It took me a reminder as well that you can change the type of shot.

>The red bullets spray in several directions at once, while the blue ones go in a straight line. The blue bullets have a longer range, but the red ones are good for a shotgun-style blast.

>There are a variety of ways to die unexpectedly. I died by jumping into a bush instead of jumping to a cliff. I think you’ll all agree that at the very end of the video, it was very unfair that I died by jumping into the forest canopy. I think you’ll agree that life isn’t fair, at least in Cuphead. I’ve played the game for a total of 26 minutes, but I figure it might take 1,000 times that for me to complete this game, if my initial 26 minutes of shame are an indicator.

Bonus content, this steam thread where a guy complains about how Hollow Knight should have easier difficulty settings and a bunch of guys agree with him:
steamcommunity.com/app/367520/discussions/0/135510194250374210/

kek

can't pay my bills dood

Because people are less likely to click a link than read a post.

again, a reminder that that dude does not play games and doesn't work in a games related field, he works for VentureBeat but not in the games field

so why his gameplay was chosen to be recorded and actually fucking uploaded is a reason i'll never understand

this has literally nothing to do with how experienced you are with games and should be easily 'solvable' by anyone with an iota of critical thinking.

>the game displays how to jump on the screen
>the game displays how to dash on the screen and specifies and can be used both in the air and on the ground
>there is an obstacle that's too tall to jump over from the ground
>there's a conveniently placed smaller obstacle you can jump on nearby on an otherwise featureless blank floor
>you now have the height to make the jump but not the range
>using the dash like the game specifically tells you you can use demonstrates it gives horizontal movement

If dumb fuck 5 year olds can figure out they need to jump into the paintings in Mario 64 than an adult with a functioning brain should realize what they need to do in that webm in

how come he's written three (3) books about video games, not to mention his bio

>He has been a tech journalist for more than 25 years, and he has covered games for 18 years

So what's the verdict? Is Cup Head worth playing or?

You mean this one?
youtube.com/watch?v=9yYp8ZeQ-I8

>the dark souls of platformers

It all makes sense now

Is the new Doom good?

>comments are disabled for this video

Yes.

Great game on the PC.

Kinda easy unless you play on harder difficulties

I like watching IGN play games because it reminds me of when I was a kid and I screamed at the fuckers on Nick Arcade because of how bad they were

nigga ive been 'covering' video games for 18+ years but you wont ever see it on my fucking resume. thats like anyone who was born in the 80s or even 90s at this point.

>They could be that dumb sure
There's no doubt, they are dumb as fuck. Journalists are really, really stupid people. Especially journalists who are so shitty and incompetent they couldn't even get a job at a real outlet.

This is played by Polygon or IGN, isnt it?

I am in Bronze V that is embarassing enough

Probably forgetting I could slide in Batman Arkham City and being stuck trying to get into the GPD building.

At least you didn't join yogstation. Colonial marines was my first server because it was the highest pop.

The obvious implication is that he was being paid for covering 18 years worth of games.
Unlike you and me.

jeeze dave thats pretty pathetic of you

archive.is/6FGOl

Just as amusing (Or sad) to read as it was to watch.

It wasnt really my fault, but the part where the dragon releases an ocean of piss in drakengard 3. I seriously never came so close to turning a game off and never touching it ever again than I did in that moment.

I got hopelessly lost playing Wind Waker too. I had no idea where to go next. Also the first time I did Pandemonium on Lord of Destruction we were getting annihilated as soon as we went into the portal. It took me a day to find the last three gems in Spyro 2 even though I knew what level they were on.

>pick the one guy in the office who doesn't play video games to review the video game
LOCK ME IN A HOLE AND THROW AWAY THE HOLE