Now that your new 4K screen is obsolete again, can we all agree that graphics don't matter?

Now that your new 4K screen is obsolete again, can we all agree that graphics don't matter?

Call me when it's 288Hz.

Buying any TV higher or better than regular full HD before it totals means you are a sucker.

lol it's not even 3d

response time / refresh rate is more important

consumers are just too dumb, so its easier to just increase the resolution and market a number they can understand

>tfw still gaming on my 720p tv

Barely anyone even does 4K right now. It will be YEARS before 8K even starts touching the market.

4k for games is kind of stupid
maybe if it's a game with a lot of UI like MMO's or strategy games it would be good
other games look better at higher framerates than anything else

my 2k 144hz monitor will do just fine for the next century. who the fuck needs a screen the size of your entire wall anyways?

don't they mean "7k" and not "8K"?

Anything higher that 1080p is kinda pointless and a waste of resources tbqhfamaladingdong.

1080p isn't even the standard in the majority of the world yet

How does graphics not matter? I don't understand what you're trying to say. You mean now that your tv is shit, your tv is obsolete???

>Sony and Microsoft release a 4K compatible console
>4K is already old news

See you guys in 4 years for the Xbox One XX and PS4 Quid Pro Quo

Right now it's acceptable since you still get 8 if you round it up.

Going to be weird when people start calling 15.360 pixels 16k or 30.720 pixels 32k.

the games are upscaled to 4k not developed natively. so as far as im concerned its shit

I haven't even seen a 4k screen in my life. If I have I didn't even notice. Is it even worth it? 1080p works fine.

>own a 4k 240hz oled tv
>mfw

>4K monitors/tvs will be cheap as balls soon
excellent

Graphically it's worth it but there is not enough 4k content.

>not using a crt for everything

I literally have no idea what 4K means and I don't see why it matters, why not just play games

>70"
Completely fucking worthless unless you're stood right in front of the thing. 8K TVs will need be at least 120" before they're even useful

My 1080p is fine for now.

I got this trinitron for free and it's pretty nice. PS4 games don't look bad on it at all.

>Ps4 Quid Pro Quo

So i have a 60 inch sharp aquos and its 2k? Has anyone heard of this? What does it even mean? It says it can broadcast 4k but isnt true 4k?

Cool looking cat.

Oh sweet laser disc player my man

4K won't be worth the investment until it's the undisputed industry standard like 1080p is now.

I've always thought anything over 720p 60 FPS is just dick measuring nonsense.

>Graphics don't matter
>never ending arms race to make things look better
lol

2K is 2048×1080, it's a film standard.
Film industry HATES using TV standards and always has to use a special snowflake standard just to make things inconvenient for home video.

See also: the 2.39:1 aspect ratio.

8K smart phones fucking when? It's 2017 ffs.

I gotta say, having a lot of disposable income is nice as it allows me to buy overpriced shit I don't need, hence a huge 4K OLED display, 4K player, good PC, PS4 Pro etc.

But if I was as broke as I was in college none of this shit would interest me. I think 1080 is going to be the defining standard for a long time to come and anything more will just be for well-off assholes like me

4K (and 8K) are industry standard as per REC.2020, it's just not implemented yet.

There are already 8K broadcasts in Japan and Brazil.

>PS4 Quid Pro Quo

Oh sweet. It looks great and im really happy with it. It also has a yellow spectrum of color so it has blue red green and yellow. Idk if it does anything special but the picture is pretty nice.

1080p 60fps for me.
I'm glad that a lot of PS4 Pro compatible games also have a high framerate option as well as 4k option.

they do it already with hard drives and flash drives

>tfw don't even want a tv over 40"

where does anyone even put this shit they take up entire walls at 70"

Fuck off Ryan you dirty jew

So you live in a shoebox thats cool

Bigger is always better.

>Make a 2K display
>Call it 4K
>Make a 4K display
>Call it 8K
Are we going to name them after the total amount of pixels next?

Are those cheap fuck 4k tvs from walmart even worth it? They have a 55 for like 600

4K is 4K, unless you're paying out the ass for OLED/QLED then the major difference between sets will be the sound. But if you're dropping a stack on a TV anyway you should be looking for one that comes with a soundbar

I got a 40" samsung 4k for $300 from best buy last year, it's pretty nice

If it's a bigger more impressive sounding number, yes.

technology moving too quickly. the price of 4k is still too damn expensive for your average consumer. if they start trying to roll out 8k, good luck with that.

until we start to see 40" 4k televisions for $250-300, 1080 will remain king.

I have surround, so its worth it then?

TVs are a minefield of weird processors and upscalers, you have to research every individual model to make sure you're not getting a full minute of input lag on your vidya.
And nevermind smart TV bullshit they're forcing on everyone.

At some point it's almost a better idea to import a B-grade monitor from Korea

Nah ur just a poorfag. And you sound like a consolebabbie too.

>Muh input lag

Only affects hypersensitive people.

Its also not even about expense, its also about the fact most people don't care that much about the difference in quality. Look how quickly people abandoned those hi def blu rays to stream shitty quality videos just out of convenience.

>literally being proud of being a slow cunt with no perception or reaction time

I'm sorry, didn't realize I was posting on the Elite: Dangerous forums.

It's the same thing with the 16:9 4k res. When I thought 4k I thought 4096 × 2160 but naaaah 3840 it is.

The latter is 4x 1080p, and is a television standard
The former is film industry standard and again uses a snowflake aspect ratio of 256:135

yeah, my dad is 56 and streams everything. has a 65" 1080 that works great for him. has a blu ray player, but never uses it.

>Sound
>On anything that isn't headphones

The consoles of sound.

>all these K's and aspects and lag times and lasers and phasers

How do you ever decide? Help

wireless headphones are amazing, but the good kind cost way too much. a $40 soundbar does a decent enough everyday gaming.

Honestly, just pick one. Youll run yourself ragged trying to find the perfect tv

Why would anyone get this?
Like most early 4K TVs it's probably 30hz making it useless for PC gaming
Console gaming isn't at 8k yet anywhere
TV broadcasts aren't at 4K yet
Blu Ray movies are only at 4K

The same 60hz tv size when 8K is actually used as a digital format for movies will be thousands of dollars cheaper. Who the fuck buys something like this?

The general populace sees a higher K and has to have it. Mostly old rich men and tech fags who aren't actually tech fags and just want to have the newest toys.

just compare it to watching youtube at 480p vs 1080.

>muh big american houses
enjoy your life of debt faggot

First and foremost realize 99 percent of it is bullshit. So then you care about refresh rate and resolution. Refresh rate is exactly what it sounds like, it's how often new images can be displayed. So if you're refresh rate is 30hz and your game it running 60 FPS you aren't going to really be able to see that 60 FPS. Resolution I hope you understand. It's just the dimensions of your screen in pixels. Higher is better as it means cleaner picture. 4k is the highest right now even though it follows a stupid different naming scheme don't be fooled, it's just slightly better than 1080p. Like refresh rate some hardware won't support each other. An old game can't be displayed on a widescreen resolution for example without distorting it (usually). Likewise, you can have a game capable of rendering itself at 4k but it won't matter if you don't have a 4k monitor. Other than resolution and refresh rate you only need to care about size and price.

Its the number of pixels in an image. We're probably already getting to the point of diminishing returns.

Do you get what 1080p is versus say 480p? If you don't go watch a recent youtube video in both and you'll see the difference. 4k is just a way of giving the size above 1080p a fancy name for marketing purposes. Also yes it matters you dumb fuck, if you really think it doesn't then every time you watch a youtube vidoe or twitch or whatever but it to the lowest one and watch it. Then tell me resolution doesn't matter. Does having 4k matter? No not really, as an user above me mentioned we are getting diminishing returns at this point but resolution absolutely does matter.

The main factor is how close you like to sit to your TV. If you sit far away then 4K is pointless. You'll only notice the benefit the closer you get or the bigger screen size you go.

Best idea is to measure and then go into a store for a demo.

Graphics matter when you cant make out what you are seeing happen like in League of Faggots or when everything looks the same like in FNV or when a game is so ugly that it fucks your performance in any other way

Yeah 8k seems like overkill for less than probably 80"

>Newfag doesn't even know about Dells 8K screen that has been out
Fuck off.

I need 8k

I always enable anti-aliasing in 4k games if I can

8k just means "less pixelation" which is good

>240hz
>he thinks input refresh rate is same as output + interpolation
lol try again

Not a valid comparison. The thing that makes YouTube and other video streaming services look so sit at 480p and lower is the bitrate. This is completely detached and irrelevant to the actual image quality of 480p. I play half life 1 at 640x480 and it looks fantastic. I could play it at 1080p and the only thing I'd gain is less jaggies. These video sites are not a fair comparison.

>I play a game on a resolution that was normal when it came out and it looks fanatic

Who'd have thought. Like what a stupid thing to say.

>31" compared to 70"
>no HDR

No u.

32inch, 8K, IPS with infinity edge > your shitty overpriced 70 inch.

>Those huge bezels.
No thanks.

32 inches is too small for 4K, nevermind 8K
And IPS is inferior to 10bit HDR.

Holy shit user is that KD-34XBR970

>32inch
>for 8k
If you watch the screen at a 5cm distance, maybe.

Nah it isn't that specific model, but it is a trinitron. I'm not sure what model it is but it's pretty good.

you might have something worth some gud money user

When I checked how much it was it was about $600-$700. I might sell it to buy synthesizers and a cheap 1080p flat screen.

Not sure what you problem is but you can turn off interpolation.

>$700 for a flat screen wega

Buh?
You can get BVM and PVMs for that money, to say nothing of other brands