Unironic nondev Shill Thread, shift+click to hide

I'm going to talk about a game I'm excited for because it's the spiritual successor to the Napoleonic Wars expansion to Warband which is one of the most fun multiplayer games I've played.

Holdfast: Nations at War is a multiplayer shooter based in the Napoleonic Wars. Gameplay is hugely similar to NW from warband:
>Large lines of infantry firing musket volleys
>Rifle skirmishers
>Artillery units
>Musicians and flagbearers with buffs
>Sappers to build shit
>A quite unique sort of "teamwork" based on officers co-ordinating the men they command with other officers to win using weirdly accurate looking tactics
>Being cannon fodder is fun

>Naval Combat/sieges
>Different sorts of boats which require anything from 5, 20 or even more men to use to their full effectiveness
>Like blackwake but even bigger and better

Some of the best fun I had in multiplayer was playing big 200 player matches on NW, where you could look over a battlefield and see it resemble a Total War game except every unit is player.

I've played some pre-release stuff and while it obviously needs some polish, it's great fun.
This is a thread to shill for it because I want it to be successful to hopefully recreate that NW goodness.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PbprpZls3z4
youtube.com/watch?v=AT29OGk_Byc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

NOTE: THE GAME IS IN EARLY ACCESS

It has most of what NW had and more (except cavalry on launch and the nations are just france and UK on launch) but I know EA is enough of a red flag to turn off a lot of people so I'm slapping it here so you don't waste your time if it immediately designates it as trash.

Bumping your thread. Fuck the people that scream shill.

That's very nice of you.
Posting trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=PbprpZls3z4

Have another one.

*BUMP*

Seems good any promises on a proper release?

Also, I guess I'll shill this seeing as it's a fairly original concept and the devs said they were inspired by CoH. Seeing as I loathe deathball strategies I hope this is true and they do it well.
youtube.com/watch?v=AT29OGk_Byc

This appeals to me greatly. Is it early access on Steam or what?

>200 player

2000 or 20 000 player battles possible or not?
Can I be a hussar?

>make a shill thread
>i'm not a shill i swear!
Also nice 20 people shooting each other lmao

We talk to the devs in person, most of us are server owners or longtime players. They're french but keen to deliver, and on launch it has most of what NW has.

Yes, releases on the 21st for 20 euros.

No, I just said I'm not a dev. I AM shilling the fuck out of this game because I want it to be successful, but I'm not making any money for it. I helped run a really great community that had massive big battles in NW that were a heap of fun. The devs liked our server and contacted us.

I believe it'll be 400 player battles.

>I AM shilling the fuck out of this game because I want it to be successful, but I'm not making any money for it.
Interesting.
>400 player battles.
That is not enough, but it is better than most shit on the market now.

One more bump. Hope the game's good, OP. I fucking hate that we can't discuss shit we like without fags screaming shill.

this, bunch of butthurt hollow shills damage controlling here

>RTS
>On console

That's a huge red flag

My motives are that I helped run one of the last remaining big servers for NW on Warband (which regularly reached 200 players until about 3 months ago) and I want to recreate that here.

As for
>400 player battles

It is a surprisingly plentiful amount.
The game follows a similar formula to NW, which was officers leading lines of men.

With even 200 players, that means:

>2 infantry lines of 20 men
>1 line of skirmish riflemen numbering about 15 usually
>25ish cavalry
>10 support (musicians/flagbearers)
>5 artillery/guards

And that's just one example.
While it doesn't SOUND like a lot, it makes up for it when you're playing and looking at a line of 20-30 odd players firing a volley at you while cannons and artillery fly over the area.

It's super, super fun. Cavalry won't be there on launch which means even more room for infantry based battles.

The Naval seems similar to blackwake, only it revolves around the idea that smaller ships have to screen the bigger ships as they can move faster, while the bigger ships have a metric fucktonne of power.

tl;dr- 400 is plenty in a game where being a grunt is actually fun.

yeah, one of the most fun shit to do is play bagpipes and just watch the chaos around you until you die. Great shit.

been too fucking long since I've played a proper Mount and Blade game. Hope the Devs don't fuck it up like the gorillion other early access shut games.

Musicians are absolutely back in this one and have an even bigger song list. Flags also act as a thrusting weapon.

New uniforms and all are great, too.

>Multiplayer shooter
Is it third person?

It's made by the fellas who made NW. While very slightly rough around certain ages (mostly some weird melee animations) you can feel the NW feel.

It's first and third person. Most people go first person for shooting and third person for melee.

Also not that it really matters gameplay wise, but there is "dynamic weather."

That being the weather can change mid map (can be controlled/disabled by admins too) and it affects the aesthetics. During one of the events we were doing a siege and he toggled heavy snow, and after a few minutes the map looked like a snowscape. Gathers on the ground and stuff gradually, same as puddles with rain.

Pretty neato.

Sounds fun. Will try.

As for your shilling techniques they are mediocre at best, you should try making a bait thread and compare it to PUBG, say it is a better version of it as it seems that it actually is. Analyze a bit how shills get 300+ reply threads on /v. every day for some games.
t. shill guru

>PUBG
That game is literally spammed multiple times a day. I hate the game just because of that.

I rarely make threads on Sup Forums because it's such a terrible board, but I just like talking about video games. I hate posting on several layers of irony.

isnt napoleonic warfare boring for normies?