Pathologic / IPL

In 20 minutes, Ice Pick Lodge (the devs of Pathologic) are doing an online meeting with fans on their vk page (russian facebook); they'll answer questions about the game and the recent events (the partnership with Tinybuild).
>This is an event for which we start a separate group, we all gather together, then you ask the most urgent questions, and we ironically joke. This time, however, we'll try to joke a little less.

Is there any russianon who would be willing to translate it for us ?
In the meantime, I'll do it to the best of my abiliteswith google translate
Can't link it because of spam filter, so search for
>vk ice pick lodge

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/15BWgQU7_7DbO3WFmpx7WF4ZlEBsG70xNMZLtJlLvQoQ/edit#heading=h.vuetcqwkqvd3
kickstarter.com/projects/1535515364/pathologic/posts/986368
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/François_de_La_Rochefoucauld_(writer)
youtube.com/watch?v=W6EBjsIx6N8
mega.nz/#F!U6oFyRaS!UOk0YDhaEL11HB0zJinVKg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Interesting, hope some russian bros show up, there is at least one in every Pathologic thread.

And they just posted a FAQ with all all the major questions they got in the last few days, so as not to waste time on them later.
docs.google.com/document/d/15BWgQU7_7DbO3WFmpx7WF4ZlEBsG70xNMZLtJlLvQoQ/edit#heading=h.vuetcqwkqvd3

I'll look through it for highlights.

Hey steppe-bros. I tried making a thread a few minutes ago but it wasn't working. Glad you've got it to work this time.

Are there no plans for an English-language event?
I want to complain about the name change.

Please do, actor.

>tfw never gotten to Ole
This game is fucking hard and the brothers are cucking me.

So, these are the obvious questions they're addressing beforehand.
>Publishers are monsters that choke the developer's freedom and spoils good projects, turning them into mainstream. Are you mainstream now?
Independent developers, journalists and players often claim that all the evil in the industry comes the publishers. Sometimes that criticism is deserved - but mainly when aimed at such gluttonous and unwieldy giants as EA or Ubisoft. TinyBuild, with whom we concluded the contract, is an indie publishing house. Work with independent small teams is their mission. They absolutely will not change our style.
That means we retain independence, IP and creative control. The publisher wants to make the new game known to those who don't already know about it, and here our goals coincide.

Doesn't really give us much detail to go on, or answers to fear about cutting of content.

>Admit it, tinyBuild is keeping you captive in the basement and makes you write all of this under the gun barrel. Where to go and how can I save you?

The headquarters of tinyBuild are located in Seattle, so they can only threaten our independence with strategic nuclear weapons. But they do not. They do not say: "Repaint the changeling, blondes are now in fashion." "Twelve days is too much, make it five."
In creative matters, the final word will always be ours.
Of course, tinyBuild is not silent. They note which features seem especially successful to them: "Oh, when you added a flashlight, loot in the houses became really interesting!" "It's not clear from the return of an empty revolver that there were no cartridges left." "The sounds on the street are excellent, they draw the atmosphere. Can thee be more of them? "
This outside perspective is useful - especially at a late stage of development.

The event is now starting. Do you want the FAQ or the new questions ?

The event on vk seems to have started.

The FAQ was pretty evasive. I'm hoping for direct answers from the vk event.

Thanks again, do whatever fits you.

Then what is meant to happen is happening.

Is this another one of those meme games Sup Forums obsesses over for a month and then forgets entirely or a legitimately good game? Is it worth a buy, if I want to play some survival horror?

It's worth it if you want to suffer.

"1) Now we plan to save in "save points" in the style of classical choruses (RE 1-3 (7), SH 1-4)"

You realize this game is just a remake right?

It's obsessed over but if you like it, you'll *really* like it. It's classified in some places a survival horror but there isn't really anything like Pathologic, apart from The Void/Tension/Turgor - by the same developer.

So I won't be able to save scum again? Shame.
Probably to acomodate the ps4 version

From the FAQ, about the title
>Two in the title? So you turned the remake into a sequel?
The new Pathologic is not a sequel, nor a remake. Do you remember what we said in 2014? "Now we want to show how it all really was."
What will Lara Ravel speak about with Haruspex on the evening of the first day? In the old game, they generally ignored each other.
Who will pull the Pretender ( ?? maybe changeling ??) out from under the wheels of the train before the arrival of the Inquisitor? By the way, are you sure that the inquisitor will again be Aglaya Lilich? You do not even know what is happening inside the Polyhedron this time.

This is ...beyond evasive, and not really helpful.
Now, from the event :

>Why did you choose the unity engine ?
Alphyna : Well, I'll remind you of the post of Airat about this : kickstarter.com/projects/1535515364/pathologic/posts/986368

>By the way, are you sure that the inquisitor will again be Aglaya Lilich
I'm sure she will be, because otherwise you wouldn't want to be in IPL HQ when I reach that part of the game

Will there be a retail version?

Dumb fucking redditor scum

>obsesses over for a month
We've been havin Pathologic threads for years user...
It is nice to see them happening in greater quanities recently though

>or a month and then forgets entirely
Do you know how old the game is?

Seems doubtful.

They seem to be doing the vk event in stages, I don't know if there'll be an archive of the previously asked questions.

>about the release on different platforms (PS4, Xbone), will there be delays on release ?
The publisher wouldn't forgive us... (joke).
We can't give a definite answer, because we haven't done the porting yet and can''t predict what difficulties mught arise.
Oddly enough, these dificulties are often
not even technical, but bureaucratic. That's what happened to us with Knock knock on the ps4.

>what are the minimums system requirements for the new pathologic ?
There is still no super-precise answer to this question, but, most likely, not less than 8 GB of RAM and 2 GB of video memory.
Since the game will be released on consoles (PS4 and XBOX), their equivalent specs can be perceived as recommended system requirements (but not minimal)

should i play the remaster before playing this remake/sequel?

>The new Pathologic is not a sequel, nor a remake
Oh, please, it's clearly a remake with a partially rewritten script and added scenes.

Who is the angel in the Void?
The one who lost (you) her soul, or?

Yes, I think you can see this as FMA getting the Brotherhood treatment.

that's great because i liked both 2003 and brotherhood

"
"1. Will there be a possibility to go inside the factories or the railway station in the new part?" In the original they were only decorations, and after all these are the most important for the City objects, which beg to be used in the plot .
2. in the original, the steppe was limited by an invisible wall, behind which the player could not penetrate. And how it will look in the remake?
3. The idea sounded in the last podcast with Eugene about the fact that the Polyhedron should look different for each of the three players, IMHO is very interesting. I would like to know why Nikolai does not agree with her.
4. There are quite a few attractions in the City, like the mansions of ruling families, the crypts of the hostesses, the mound of Raga, etc. Will there be new ones? Considering that the City has grown very much, it is IMHO, it is very important.
5. Will we see the funeral procession accompanying the shipment of meat and skins from the City? This is an amazing idea, and for example on the first day, when it is not yet known about the epidemic and the City is not in quarantine, it would look perfect.
6. Clara still knows how to heal people. In the original, this ability was known to everyone, but for obvious reasons it was impossible to fail the task of the day, and then just wave your hands before the infected person approached and heal him. Will this break her gameplay remake ability? Or will Clara be a healer again, who does not heal anyone? "

And I want to ask myself how the player's actions will influence the plot, the dialogues in the next days, how branched will this system be?"

"2. In the last demo, we have been experimenting with various "natural obstacles" to avoid using invisible walls (though inside the city). They filled up boxes, put barricades, threw stones and what they did not do with the horizon line.

To our regret, the play tests showed that with due obstinacy, no matter how hard the player is, the player will still find a way to get through all the debris (especially if you do not remove the jump from the game).

I'm not a game designer, but I'm afraid that if we do not want to leave the opportunity to break the game, we can not do without old, kind transparent walls. A wall, if that is what we decorate with stones and blockages)"

>The new Pathologic is not a sequel, nor a remake.
>so let's call it like it were sequel.
If they want to be ambiguous they can use a fitting subtitle instead of a completely straightforward "2".

"1. In the version that we will release next year - no, you can not. But if "Mor" is waiting for success, we can release several more "Marble Nests": the life of children in the polyhedron, the life of workers in "canned food," the residents of railroad warehouse workers and the life of the Way in Termitnik. We do not promise! But we think about it. If ideas how to do it interesting.

2. The steppe will be much larger than in the original. We will limit it anyway, but I will say it straight - while we have not dealt with this border yet. In some places the border will be ravines, but not everywhere.

3. Why do not you agree? I said that for the Pretender, the polyhedron does not look the same as for the Bachelor with Garuspik, because she is almost a child.

4. Yes, only two. Which, I will not say yet.

5. If we have enough strength, you will see. Recently, we had a new strong animator in the team: if he succeeds, we will be able to do a half times more scenes than with the "minimum program". Thank you for reminding me about the funeral procession, I'll put it on the list.

6. Clara then heals with his hands, then kills. She has to understand, on what it depends. And given that the plague will change the rules of behavior several times a game, Clara will often have to move her brains.

About how the player's actions will affect the plot: let's not immediately create an inflated expectation. The plot in the new "Sea" is very complicated (much more complicated than in the old game), you already have enough fuss with him. Change it depending on random actions: dismiss, we just do not draw such an architecture. Or you need to hire a dozen more writers. But do not worry, random actions will matter!"

>will there be alpha or beta version on consoles ?
Most likely, that will only be on PC.

>Question to Nicolay. How do you manage time (your and your team) during
developing a game? Has the team changed from the time of the very first game ? Is development an approximate method of moving from idea to realization, or it is necessary with each new game to formulate a completely new plan? How far is it possible to adhere to a preconceived plan? And how, in the context of the above, is it possible to discipline oneself (and, perhaps, the team) in the direction of the goal?
Dibowsky : In fact, this is not a question for me, but for Ivan Slovtsov, because he has been engaged in the production organization for the past year and a half. He makes plans, watches how they are carried out, introduces into our lives all kinds of Asanas with Slacks and Scrums, (????) etc.
But in general I can say this: there are very disciplined people in the studio, and others not so much. The latter are mostly "old people" who are already doing the sixth game, believe that they already know everything and no plans will help them to do something faster than they want. Such people usually have their own "internal manager".Sometimes because of this, other people suffer. The problem is that it is impossible to change the "old people", everything, they already are and never will be rebuilt.

Dammit nikolay, what kinda answer is that ?

Thanks for the help !

I was hoping that they would be more direct with the answers. It's better than I expected but still has a bit too much ambiguity.

>will there still by quotes by Larochefoucauld before dialogues ?
Alphyna : they'll subtly express their thoughts, but maybe not by quoting the maximes of Larochefoucauld
Dibowsky : Larochefoucauld gets tiring. Perhaps a couple of quotes, as tribute to the old game.

Alright, did any of you know that there were quotes from this guy ? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/François_de_La_Rochefoucauld_(writer)
I never realized that.

>why is there no IPL discord channel ? There are plenty of western fans on Tumblr, twitter, Sup Forums, reddit etc that would appreciate it, a discord channed would be great for more lively feedback.
Maybe in the future.
(someone help me out here, not sure at all if I get it : Haм нa cyщecтвyющиe тo coцceти eлe вpeмeни хвaтaeт, кyдa yж диcкopд eщe )

>discord
No

it is the only game that qualifies as art along with the void.

The one shown in the last trailer is a real event or one of the "lucid dreams", as in the "Marble Nest"?

As I understand, now the Plague will have a face. Is this a reinterpretation of the Performer's image? Or will the Artist remain? How will impersonation of the plague affect the history of the Pretender and its role in spreading the epidemic?

- listen, why did everyone decide that the Plague now has a face? I somehow missed this moment.

- Executors will be the same as in the Marble Nest. Sometimes simple orderlies in theatrical costumes. Sometimes servants of the Authorities. Sometimes the incarnation of the plague. Do you remember that they call themselves Fingers?

Plague does not have a face. Sometimes she will wear masks. Sometimes these will be masks of relatives and people close to you. (No, we have not recently revised the movie "Something" +))

Good evening!
At me such questions:
1) Pantomimes as will be identical for all or at each hero will look the pantomimes?
2) The new appearance of some of the characters also has real prototypes?
3) Will the character relationships be more detailed and deeper?
Well, I take this opportunity to thank you for what you are doing. Your games for me are a breath of fresh air)

- 1) Without unnecessary spoilers - the concept of pantomime will change in a new game

- 2) Almost every hero has a real prototype. But unfortunately, not all of them are available (or even alive), so we had to abandon the photos. However, this time we have quite good models, so that artistic black-and-white renderers with contrast lighting replace them.

3) Of course. The script became completely different, and personally it seems to me that it has become better. Mature. Less pompous mating, more knowledge of life and simple human dramas.

Good evening. Will the endings depend on the actions during the passage or as in the original basically only on which line of dialogue you choose at the end?

- and then, and more :) there will be some final dilemma, as in the old "Sea". however, it is necessary to choose not strictly a line in the dialogue, but all the same, actions - but actions within a limited framework. about like in Prey: the finale began - and here you choose, go up or down, start a bomb or jump into the shuttle. the previous actions to choose in this framework are almost not affected.

but now it will be possible to influence the appearance of the city much more visibly. The scenery, against which the final choice unfolds, will be different. you will have different allies. different mise-en-scene, maybe.

do you think this is part of the finale? for you it is - "actions affect" or not? you decide.

>In every girl of the new Pathologic, I seem to recognize alphyna, is this intentional ? :)
>More seriously, are there any characters whose apparence or character is based on IPL staff ?
Alphyna : there are, but no alphynas. Though there is an alphyn (male version of the name) in my opinion.
Masha : yes, there are several :) And alphyna would be the Chief Sergeant Oyun.

>Who will be responsible for the music in the game ? In my opinion, in the original, 50% of the atmosphere was created by music. And I heard that there were some permutations on this topic, please tell us about it.
Alphyna : Andriesh Gandrabur made the music of the original, but has left us since, and Vasily came to replace him. He's been making the sounds and music of our games since then, and will do the new Pathologic. In addition, the soundtrack will be complemented by songs by theodor bastard.

I will say the most honest. (about the title)

1) It was necessary to change the name of the game. We ourselves saw that the confusion is great, that people do not understand where Pathologic 2006, where Classic HD, where Marble Nest, is where it will be in 2018. In the fiftieth time he heard the question: "So the Marble Nest - this is it?", We realised that it's time to make clarity.

2) It was necessary to leave the word Pathologic. Otherwise, we would lose people who heard about the kickstarter and have since put the wait on a pause. Such people striggerit only the official release, they do not follow the news.

3) Ivan and Alfina have been looking for good options for almost a month. And with Latin, and with colons, and with all sorts of strange pits like Pathologic, As It Should Have Been. In the end, we did not come up with anything better than simple and honest deuces. But the deuce pleased us with the fact that it is really "Second Time", "Return", an attempt to enter the same river a second time.

>Question about 3 storylines. As in the original there will be 3 storylines, but how much will they be dependent on each other here? Will they be completely independent, are all available at once and how much they will be intertwined with each other? In the original playing for Garuspik you interact very much with the Bachelor, at the same time, Bachelor Artemy does not meet until the middle of the game.

Denis, they are quite strongly intertwined. However, it will not be like this: first you played for Garuspik and decided not to kill Vera. As a result, in the Bachelor's script, Vera also remained alive.

It is possible that we will be able to do something similar, but we can not promise now. Now the scenarios are independent of each other. But they are intertwined, of course, strongly. If on the first day Garuspik just could not bypass the house of Rubin in the middle of the day, most likely, you will find him there, playing for the Bachelor.

>Hello dear Ledoruba. 1) Will the physiology of worms, the ways of their reproduction, and the details of the relationship with the Tvirin brides be revealed in the new Sea (will the young odongees be present in the game)? 2) When to wait for the book to be published?

Ada, well, since you ask, I'll think about this topic)))

Odong-cubs do not happen, you know how they come to light? These are worms. They multiply by dividing the shovel in half.

But about brides will be more, yes.

The book will be at the very end of 2018. We have already invented her theme and composed a story: she will lift the veil of secrecy over what was happening in the city 2-3 days before the start of the game. But we have not yet started to write it, now all the forces go to the script of the game.

>The question of mortality. Will the near-mortals remain mortal? More precisely, will the children remain mortal or will they be turned into dwarfs again? Is it painful to die in pathologic ?
Alphyna : In accordance with the plot, children can face a fate worse than death, and the player can participate in this. We slightly reduced the level of shock-content (as in the old Pathologic, the game as a whole invited the player without a reason to kill the child with their own hands), but, in my opinion, it became psychologically even harder than before.

>Will the physiology of worms (odonghe), the ways of their reproduction, and the details of their relationship with the steppe brides be revealed in the new Pathologic (will the young odongees be present in the game)?
Nikolay : Since you ask, I'll think more about this topic. But there will be more about brides, yes.
But there are no Odongh babies, you wanna know where odonghe come from ? These are worms, they multiply by dividing the shovel in half.

>children can face a fate worse than death, and the player can participate in this.
I wouldn't expect anything less.

Are you just throwing this at a translator ? Maybe try to edit the obvious errors, such as "the old sea" and the names/

>Will there be an opportunity to mod the game? To not just insert your music and graphs, but, for example, change the layout of the city, or add your quests?
We have an internal set of tools that theoretically allows you to make "your quests", but it's not very user friendly. I do not know how everything will turn in the end, but most likely, if in the end we give it to people, then they'll have to use it at their own peril and risk.

Some Ruski should ask them about a The Void sequel or expansion pack, something. Game really holds up so no remake please.

I've got things I need to do alongside this. If I had more time I'd make corrections.

ree

>The voices in the old Pathologic gave you the feeling/atmoshpere that you're not alone in this cursed city, it was even nice to start a conversation with someone just to hear their voice and confirm you're not on your own. >Will it be like that in the new game ? We haven't had voices in the marble nest.
The voices(conceptually) will remain the same as in the first pathologic.

>I would very much like to know if the design of the inventory will be changed? Yes / No, and I would like to know why.
The UI inventory design will be partially changed in the alpha. The same "tetris" system will stay at least until alpha. We think that it meets the gameplay goals set by us (although this can not be verified in current demos because they do not yet implement the mechanisms that combine with it).

>The site now has the opportunity to enroll in alpha for those who leave their mail. What is this alpha and how does it fit the backers alpha/beta, the access to what backers get ?
Alphyna : we plan to do it like ma rble nest: giving alpha-backers access to the alpha version noticeably earlier than everyone else. Versions will be the same.
Perhaps, alpha-backers will have a special space for discussing feedback - such as a closed forum.

>

It is very strange to me that IPL puts so much trust, and with such enthusiasm, in a man who spent more than a million rubles on this:
>youtube.com/watch?v=W6EBjsIx6N8
>("no time to explain" launch trailer) (he's talking about alex from tinybuild)

Nikolay : No Time To Explain is indeed completely different from "Mor", it is generally another universe. Like SpeedRunners, like Party Hard. These are completely different emotions, completely different players.
But Alex is smart. Maybe even very clever. He is not a robot. This is a rather rare quality, and this is very important. For us, it's better to have an ambitious, clever and inventive producer who published other genres, than an indifferent one who published similar ones.

>Nikolay, In one interview, you said that someone (I do not remember who exactly) called Pathologic's script the best that was ever written for a computer game. But you did not agree with this opinion. Then, what games do you call the best from the scenario point of view?
Nikolay : The Journey (2012, from ThatGameCompany) - uniquely. Fantastic level of skill.
Anyone still here ? I'm taking a short break. The event still lasts 30minutes, and there's lots of questions accumulating, so I won't do everything.

Thanks user, keep them coming.

> "Second Time", "Return", an attempt to enter the same river a second time.
A subtitle like that would have been infinitely smarter than "2".

Those pics are from the void, right?

Return would be nice. I don't see why they didn't just do a swap with the Russian version and call the English release Pathologic: The Utopia.

>Will the game have reminders of past studio creations, or other references ?
Nikolai is not very happy with Easter eggs, as everyone knows.
So, if there are some we will not tell you here so that Nikolai does not find out ;)

>And again, about the name.
>someone said in the comments : instead of "2", why not "one and a half" ? A simple fraction, which is also quite simple and honest, but does not cause associations with sequels.
Alphyna : We tried all sorts of variants with ridiculous numbers (such as Pathologic 238 or Pathologic 4), but in the end we felt that these jokes would come to us sideways. But the idea "one and a half", it seems, did not come to mind. But the idea is cool !

That's an ok number, Pathologic HD sold only around 70k.

> But the idea "one and a half", it seems, did not come to mind. But the idea is cool !
Let's say that they aren't joking ("such as Pathologic 238 or Pathologic 4" is obviously a stupid joke, and they would have been a bunch of dumbasses if they really didn't think about "1.5"), it's better than "2" fior sure, but, Jesus, just put an evocative subtitle that can actually convey what they want instead of a stupid and dry number.

>1)Did you manage to eliminate the imbalance in the "strength" of the plot branches, when the history of the Bachelor turned out to be the most saturated with plot twists, compared to the other 2 ?
>2)Will the system of wear and tear of weapons and equipment be altered? In the original Pathologic it was possible to stop bandits with a blunt knife without trouble. Clothing was wearing out and losing properties, but, for example, a "one-off" rag or rubber gloves could be sewn up an infinite number of times.
>3) Just in order of interest: is there an estimate for the number of copies that need to be sold?
Alphyna : 1. we even came up with a special term, "bachelor-centrism", and we frighten each other. And we all are complacently scared.But I think there will be a balance.
Nikolay : 2) In the new Pathologic things will be more rare. Good steel knives will rarely be seen (in this city knives are generally prohibited), and "shivs" will use fragile "one-time" sharpening: if you're lucky, such a poke can suffice for a few battles, but they will break often.

3) We already need more than 100 thousand. But it also depends on the price at which we will sell the game. Now everything is changing very quickly, literally.

>We already need more than 100 thousand
well fuck, they'll probably barely make enough to stay in business

Well I'll buy it for my friends when it comes out anyway.

>3) We already need more than 100 thousand.
Eh.

It's interesting to see some of the differences within the team. Nikolay being fond of minigames and Alexandra hating them, the differences in focus and motivation.

If they survived Cargo, they can survive anything the world throws at them. They're unsinkable.

>1.Will the Termitary look more like a functional dormitory where people live? Previously, there were not even sleeping places. Will the Abbatoir be more difficult and more interesting inside?
>2. Will we see trains ?
1.Yeeeees
2. Yes Yes Yes
Fun fact : termitary got translated to TERMINATOR

>Pathologic: The Return

Yup. Got a request for a specific sister ?
>will the characters be unlocked in the same order, ie changeling after a playthrough with either bachleor or Haruspex ?
Can't answer that, spoilers.

>did you ever think about making a prequel, maybe 50 years in the past ? Or 100, or 500 ? That would reveal additional info about the history of the modern city and its inhabitants ?
Are you sure you really need more than what will be in Pathologic 2 ?

>will the gameplay be somehow adapted to gamepads on consoles ? Specifically, as someone asked, the possibility of slow walking speed and smooth camera motions.
Yes, work is under way in this direction. Gameplay should be (according to plan) equally nice on all platforms. Or rather, equally unpleasant. That way no one gets offended...

The event is over now, I'm taking a short break. If you want more in the meantime, you can check it out yourself; google translation surprisingly does a really good job at this.

As a sidenote, does anybody know how to summon Vlad ? He might be willing to help.

if you whisper his name into the mirror three times in a row you might get him to show up

or you could drop him a message on steam but that might be creepy

These russian memes are interesting.
>where's the money, dybowski ?

>when the sandpest takes hold and you turn into a mole that fucks a fish...

From IPL :
>It will take us a little time to collect all the questions and answers in one document. After that we will publish it here and on the main page.
Hopefully they'll make an english version too.

I'll do the preliminary questions from the FAQ since I didn't get to finish posting it :

>You say that you will provide players with versions of the game before the release. Is this early access? But what about the plot ? Will we already know all of it from early access ?
An important consideration. But did you like the "Marble Nest"?
The goal of early access is simple - polish the gameplay. The more people run around and check on themselves, the better will be the final game, because the gameplay should be convenient for the player. "Convenient" does not mean "simple": it may be very difficult in some places.
This approach is applicable to the plot only to a very limited extent, because its role is not to be convenient. Most likely, the early builds will be mostly gameplay, with a very basic storyline or even without it. For example, the demo, which now rolls on the PAX, is exactly that.
Perhaps at some point the approach will change - and, alas, you will have to experience spoilers. But believe me, we appreciate the riddles as much as you, so we will try to keep as many secrets as possible until the release.

follow up on this :>Two in the title? So you turned the remake into a sequel?
[...]Characters say other words and do other things, although they are tormented by the same questions.
>Well, they should call the game "Pathologic Recuperatio". In Latin everything would be steeper.
Pathologic 2 develops the ideas of the original game in the same way Silent Hill 2 develops ideas from Silent Hill 1 or Dark Souls 2 develops the ideas of Dark Souls 1 (and both of these games are not sequels). This is the second attempt to save the city, if you like.
This game really does not look like the first one. They (the games) are arguing with each other. Monologues are boring, dialogues are fascinating, because dialogue is conflict. And for a dialogue two are necessary. The double in the title is honest.
And Latin is show-off.

>SH 2 and DS2 are not sequels
You're full of shit, Nikolay. And Pathologic 2 is a stupid name.

>I thought you were artists, doing art house projects and burning with ideas. And now you care only about profits ? My grief knows no bounds.
In order for the studio to move on, the games should be at least to some extent successful - otherwise how can we do new ones ? But the truth is that Pathologic remains an art-house and niche project - and we do not intend to simplify it to please the market.

>So you want to do something strange, but also that everyone likes it? It does not work that way.
If you look closely at the modern gaming industry, you will notice that in a year, usually 2-3 "unusual" projects make big waves - from The Stanley Parable to the recent Hellblade. A few others are quieter.
In addition to their own quality, the success of indie projects depends on many factors. One of the key factors is marketing .The right way to present the game to the audience, to convince them to try something new and unusual. That's why we made a partnership with people who, firstly, are able to promote games, and secondly, appreciate Pathologic and do not want to change it.

>But you got a lot of money on Kickstarter. And now you run to the investor?
We would very much like to live in a world where real crowd-hosting of games of at least medium scale is possible. But, alas, we are not in it. Torment: Tides of Numenera collected much more money on Kickstarter than we did, and it was done by a much larger team; and yet, Bryan Fargo still invested in the development with his own funds.
Unfortunately, game development is much more expensive than it may seem from the outside, especially if it's a game in the 3D world, which needs a lot of models and animations.
We knew from the very beginning that the collected money would not be enough for the entire development, and already invested several times more personal funds into it than was collected.
(Not sure if he means they had to invest several times, or they invested several times more money than the KS funds).

Shall I continue with the fan questions ?

Yeah, keep going.

You didn't say please. And keep the thread bumped, please

Closing comment from alphyna :
>Thank you dear friends! As always, it was very interesting and fun to talk with you. We hope that we satisfied your curiosity and dispelled doubts.
>And as usual, when answering, one of the ice picks always told the truth, another always lied, and the rest alternated.

From Nikolay :
>Thanks friends! Bye.
>Rest assured, we work - and everything we do is done for the good of the game. Not from despair, but carefully. Pathologic will come out, and it will be good.
>We ourselves like it, what we have so far. So do not worry. No grievous publisher of your favorite game will change that.

More questions now :

>meme games
don't play it. you would just come back and shitpost without even finishing day 2.

bump

>How much did the real world events (say, the last five or ten years) affect the story/scenario ?
And what, in general, had the greatest impact on the final plot / script and, in general, the story itself with its denouement?
In particular, the Soviet Union.
One can not help but notice that the City's projects in many respects correspond with what drove the idealists of that era.
Nikolay : Quite on the contrary, NOT affected. We had to hack the story in pieces about the past of Aglaya and Block, just because he was too politicized and echoed the war in Ukraine.
What is happening in Ukraine, deeply hurts most of us. I can not speak for all Icepicks - but those with whom we discussed this war, believe that this is a tragedy, and you can not remain silent about it, and you can not pretend that we are accustomed to it.
But Pathologic is about something else. We do not want to attract it to politics.

>Will there be my favorite activity, picking up empty bottles (and other useful things) in the trash?In the Marble Nest we only found filled bottles, it's a little scary.
Keep calm
Alphyna : A game where you do not collect bottles from the trash, would not have the right to be called "Mor" at all.

>And what, in general, had the greatest impact on the final plot / script and, in general, the story itself with its denouement?
This is still part of the question.

gameplay videos already looks very promising

As broken as Marble Nest is, it introduced me to Theodor Bastard and I can't be thankful enough for that

Post some best girl Yani my dude, please.

Guys, I want to make some friends to play vydia with. I have quite a powerful rig and also a ps4,
My VK page is vk com / exitlevelwounds

Are all houses enterable with lock picks?
Also, why don't the quests update so I can see where the quest giver is after the deed is done?

>Do quest requirements
>Oh fuck where is the quest giver again

that pic is top fucking percentage, well played

Unfortunately I don't have much Yani yet, I'm not done taking screenshots. Soon there will be more !

>In the old pathologic there was a basement outside, resembling the Stamatins pub.Was this basement supposed to have some history and function in the game, which was eventually cut out, or was it from the very beginning conceived simply as, um, a decoration?
It happened by accident. But then we began to imagine versions of what is happening there. And some we have kept. (:

>A complaint! In the world of Pathologic, the question of clothing accessories for applied fan art is catastrophically unadressed!
>For example, the Witcher has medallions, in Dishonored - tattoos.
>And Patholgic fans get only scalpels. I love scalpels, but they do not suit the gift I want to make !
We are quietly preparing a souvenir shop, and completely forgot about scalpels !
But seriously: in the last season of "Games of Thrones" you can see how the creators prepared for the completion of the series and the coming production of the merchandise : all the heroes suddenly had brooches. I pester the team with similar requests, but for some reason all are engaged in optimization, animations and the plot :(
Alphyna : forget Pathologic. I'm trying to get the studio to release a ring in the form of Tyrant (from the Void, pic related). In my opinion, after that the discussion of merchandise can be closed.

>Will anything from the old Pathologic be used in the game? Replicas of characters or music?
>And another question, are you sure that the redesign of some characters is a good idea? For example, the new bachelor costume... Many people notice that this is a style very similar to Dishonored.
Nikolay : For the redesign of characters, you should ask Methos, but unfortunately he's not available right now. Not all solutions of Methos seemed to me uniquely successful, but all of them ... are appropriate, let's say. Allowed.

>from the Void, pic related
I fucked up. I meant this pic.

Thanks for the tl work user. Much appreciated.

>Got a request for a specific sister ?
I can't since I didn't play the void, but keep posting those pics, they are great.

Follow up on this:
>did you ever think about making a prequel, maybe 50 years in the past ? Or 100, or 500 ? That would reveal additional info about the history of the modern city and its inhabitants ?
Alphyna : But this is magical realism. It is clear that there is nothing outside the City. As in the movie "The Thirteenth Floor."
The action of Pathologic takes place in a space that does not always obey the laws of the real world. If you start to work it out in the past - it can crush the fragile suspension of disbelief, and from the elegant sleepy world, it would turn into not always logical fantasy. Well, like ... the film Eraserhead does not need an explanation about the way the city in which the characters live is governed.

>Why does the plague have its own face now ? In the original, it was something abstract, faceless - Something that is approaching the city, and I began to imagine that it SHOULD swallow the city and spread sores, because such is its purpose, its fate, not because it's evil. In the marble nest we see a clearly negative image - evil, cross, skull, coffin. Was this planned even before the old Pathologic, or did such an idea only begin to slip in the remake ?
Alphyna : What we see in the marble nest is not the plague.

Time to shamelessly promote mysellf again.
Here are all my screenshots from the game :
mega.nz/#F!U6oFyRaS!UOk0YDhaEL11HB0zJinVKg
Haven't uploaded the sisters yet, but they're coming soon.

And with this, I take my leave. I haven't been able to cover everything, but hopefully IPL will think of us gaijins. If anyone wants to step in for me, feel free to.

user, I don't think anyone here has vk...

Thank you for your work.