Boot up OoT after finishing BotW

>boot up OoT after finishing BotW
>overworld is nothing but hallways (Zora River, Death Mountail trail, Forest etc)
>hyrule field is an empty circle
>there's literally NOTHING, no monsters, no danger, in Hyrule Field as grown Link

Wow, it aged like shit, didn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JlAl1H3tfSM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is this nigga serious? You just went from playing a 2017 GOTY contender to something made 15 fucking years ago.

Can brainlets seriously not weigh these two things separately?

ALttP overworld isn't just hallways and there's danger everywhere.
I don't know what you're trying to prove here.
That game aged well. OoT didn't.

yet shitters on this board say you're retarded if you think games age

fuck you all

>game made this year is more advanced than a game made 19 years ago

You don't say

better story, better cutscenes, dungeons weren't 20 minutes long, and the game wasn't a shitty Skyrim ripoff.

Yep, still at least 100x better than POS like botw and twink Link for faggots.

>LttP aged well
Nostalgia goggles at its very worst.
LttP is floaty, endless arcade-shooter tier trash.

I hope you arent OP because this is again a shitty opinion because ALttP aged like shit as well.
Or in other words its another guy who watched egoraptor Sequelitis video with all the logical fallacies and now believe OoT isnt THAT good and AlttP is a timeless masterpiece

>LttP is floaty
Is this supposed to mean anything?

>Not loving both to death

>the game wasn't a shitty Skyrim ripoff.
You've not even played Skyrim, have you?

this not including that every part were more memorable and interesting

A lot, if you care about the most important thing in video games: the gameplay and game-feel.

>design can age
You're the one whose aged, how the hell can you compare a 19 year old game to a fresh one?

yes, OoT has shit design.
The overworld is poorly designed, and so are many choices in the game
>b-b-but it was ground breaking back then!
Yeah so were cell phones back in the 90s and no one uses shitty bricks anymore.

>game-feel
You can leave now, Mr. Hanson.

Don't even know who that is, but nice trips.
You do however seem quite ignorant and uneducated child. As expected from LttP manchildren.

You can't be serious.

>game-feel
>defends OoT clunky-ass shitfest
Go away

how is the design shit you underage faggot ?

Wooooooooow!

>OoT
>clunky
I want GenZ to end their lifes

>and no one uses shitty bricks anymore.
the pre-iPhone era phones were way smaller, lighter and overall handier than just about anything we got today though.
It's funny to see these old bags & backbags with dedicated mobile-phone pockets, which can maybe barely house a modern chargers.

Not him but I also went back to ALttP last year only and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I can't say the same about OoT, now that's an overrated game if I have ever seen one. All those people saying you had to be there at that time when it was released to apprecaite it is so full of shit. Then why did I enjoy ALttP and why can't I OoT? Besides, I was already gaming at that time, I just didn't have a console back then, only a PC.

No. It's just progress. Of course a later installment is going to do things better than an older one.

Spotted the rose-tinted glasses faggot.
OoT is the worst 3D Zelda when it comes to movement and feeling.
Everything is so stiff and clunky.

Everybody hyping OoT to heavens and back probably permanently damaged my ability to enjoy it. My expectations were really high, and I was so disappointed when I played it, I can't even express it. I might have been able to enjoy it if I had only expected an average Zelda game, and not the best game ever created, like everyone treats it as.
Strangely, I had no issues when playing FF6 or Chrono Trigger for the first time. My expectations were similarily high.

OoT is shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=JlAl1H3tfSM

MM > BOTW

It was on the N64. It literally COULDN'T be a true open world.

They couldn't even do it on the GameCube. Wind Waker was originally supposed to be but the system wasn't powerful enough so they made it an ocean.

What does true open world even mean? Being open world is a design choice, and not dependant on "system power".
This post is so dumb on so many levels, I don't even know why I bothered replying. Now it would feel like a waste to delete all that, so enjoy the (You) I guess, you poor stupid thing.

Hyrule Field was garbage from day one, but nobody cared because it was the first 3D Zelda and because everything else in the game is ace.

I remember thinking I was getting LttP or Link's Awakening in 3D, but Ocarina isn't that game, not even close. As a result, I was also disappointed at the time. It's still pretty great though.

I generally agree.

I played MM and OoT for the first time in the past couple years and while I thought MM actually lived up to the hype, OoT didn't.

I think it aged more poorly because OoT was more about trying to make a 3D adventure game where there had really been none before, whereas Majora's Mask already had something to build on and focused more on story, atmosphere, and refining puzzle/dungeon elements from OoT. The world feels more interconnected and there's just more to do.

>Being open world is a design choice, and not dependant on "system power".

No, Hyrule from BotW could not be reproduced on an N64 in a million years.

Everything is linear and cramped in OoT by necessity of the system's limitations.

>hyrule field is empty because of limitations
Ok bud

I'm actually really considering buying a switch and BOTW but a few things have me put off

>weapon degradation
>lack of a musical score
>characters and story seem to take a back seat
>lack of enemy variety

>>weapon degradation
You must be fucking retarded if this is an actual concern to you, or one of those retards who keeps spamming jump attacks and hitting enemy shields with weapons, then bitch that they broke too soon
Weapon dura is a literal non-issue in this game to anyone who knows how to play. Hell, I can't count the many times I had to throw away weapons because I didn't have enough space in my inventory.

It's overrated.

The design is just fine, the "problems" are just nitpicks your bias picks up on since you grew up with nu-shit.
Hell, OoT isn't even my favorite zelda and I can see its merit.

>watch some streamer playing the game
>they keep hitting ores with a sword even though they have a sledgehammer
>wow dude weapons break so fast xD

>OoT is a massively overrated misguided attempt at open world full of stupid design choices

More news at 11.

Son, even the original Zelda didn't suffer from all the crap plaguing OoT. BotW used LoZ as a model, not OoT, which is why it turned out so great.

It's only good because muh nostalgia.
Why do you think "hardcore gamers" love it alongside metroid?

>boot up BotW after finishing Zelda 2037
>overworld is nothing but koroks and enemy camps
>hyrule field is an empty circle
>there's literally NOTHING, no monsters, no danger, in Hyrule Field

So much this. Weapon durability is a non-issue. People complain because this moves them outside of their comfort zone, and instead of adapting to the gamplay, they would rather complain. As this user said, more of then than not I had to keep throwing weapons aways because I was constantly full of powerful weapons. Adds another layer of strategy that is largely underappreciated.

Zelda 2037 will probably be VR shit at this point, and I don't like the thought of that.

Only a retard would defend OoT's Hyrule field, but that's fine because you only ever have to spend 30 seconds getting to where you need to go. It's not like WW or BotW where you know where you need to go but you have to spend 6 hours sailing, or paragliding, or climbing just to get there. OoT minimalizes the filler downtime of travel so you can't get to the towns/dungeons/lovingly hand crafted locations. Fuck people who defend these massive overworlds with nothing but miles of grass/water. I'm glad OoT is just an empty circle with most of the important locations sitting off to one corner of the circle

Yeah, technology has advanced a lot since then, it's still surprising how ocarina does somethings better tho, better dungueons and bosses, better story if you are into that, more item variety ironically.

>better bosses
>lmao dude just hit the eye with [dungeon item]

Weapon degradation isn't actually an issue. It's fun. The game throws weapons at you constantly. Also, you have unlimited bombs, unlike older Zelda games.

The enemy variety is fine and I don't understand the complaint about that, aside from the fact that "enemy camps" are always Moblins, Bokoblins, or Lizalfos. The only thing that's really missing is Darknuts (hopefully will be added in future DLC).

The music is actually better than the average Zelda game, it's just that when you're wandering around it's usually quiet. You'll spend enough time in areas with music that you won't feel like you're missing out.

Characters/story are okay. It's a little thin at some parts; better than OoT, but not as good as MM. If you do the Zora Divine Beast first you'll probably get hooked, that section does the story really well.

No you're just a faggot.

I don't care about "adaptation" or "Strategy"
I just want to use whatever weapon I want without worrying about it's health bar. Fuck off back to minecraft, dark souls, and other stupid games with durability if you want that shit. It doesn't belong in TloZ

>I just want to mindlessly mash buttons to kill things
Gen Z everyone

How is the side content?

This is exactly what I am talking about in You would much rather cry than try to actually work with mechanics. Pathetic.

I don't want to have philosophical debates when I just want to chill and explore the world. Why does everything have to be complicated and advanced? There are so many other ways to make combat force you to change weapon other than durability. It's just an open world feature they tacked on to attract more normies. I don't like it.

>pathetic
you sure showed me

this

anyone who complains about fucking BotW shouldn't EVER tell fucking ME that fucking OOT is "better" because its OOT

fuck you all, just fuck you

BotW is something amazing and NONE OF YOU can fucking admit it for some reason. just don't get it.

>weapon degradation
Non-issue. You can like it or not, but its implementation is great.
>lack of a musical score
They went for a minimal approach but the music is still there, and I feel it is still good.
>characters and story seem to take a back seat
>lack of enemy variety
These are true and both kinda suck.

Durability is only an issue at the start of the game. You'll soon get enough weapons that you're desperate for more slots.

Not sure what you are getting at. I do think that about you and everybody else with the same complaint.

By start of the game you mean the first 15-20 minutes at best.

is the switch warping thing actually a problem?

does it actually damage the console?

What?

dude, i've never seen this shit on the 10 switches i know people have

i have NO idea what these idiots did, but its not the fucking dock

yeah, that's still sadly better than botw tho.

What do you mean the switch warp? It just teleports from one corner of the room to the other? Does it have a maximum warp speed it can reach? I legit have no idea what you are talking about.

a single Lynel requires more thought and skill than any boss in OoT

I'm sorry but that whole statement makes you sound dumb.
Your weapons breaking is not that big a deal. You get new weapons, use the regular ones for scrubs and save the better ones for tougher monsters.
It's ok if you don't like the mechanic, but you have to admit it's not complicated or advanced in the slightest.

Fairly extensive and generally pretty good. You get to Gerudo Town and immediately get swamped with cool optional sidequests. The game's equivalent of a "trading quest" has you building a full town from the ground up.

Lynels I'll give you are fun to fight, but that's pretty much it, also, a Lynels may be harder, but any ocarina of time boss is way funner and interesting to fight, not to mention you can do cheap damage to a lynel since you can hurt him as long as you hit him, in traditional zelda to hurt a boss you have to get how the strategy works first. BOTW is definitively harder, but there's not that much variety in how you approach enemies, yeah you can fuck around with the physics, but most people are gonna use normal combat after playing for a while.

If it doesn't compare well to current games, it aged like shit. OP is right.

>but any ocarina of time boss is way funner and interesting to fight

It's literally, literally stun enemy with dungeon item and them spam spin attacks for 3 or 2 cycles.
That's every single boss in OoT

This guy is the only sane one. You guys are Nintendornes

Zelda II > A Link To the Past
Majora's Mask > Ocarina of Time > All

Yeah, again, you are not understanding, I'm not even saying ocarina has the best combat or is the best zelda I don't even hate BOTW, I just think OOT still has better bosses overall, more variety both visually and mechanically, and hey, it may be unfair, there's only "4" real bosses in BOTW, but it makes it feel extra underwhelming to me, you still pretty much just stun the BOTW enemies, BUT there's still more variety to OOT.

Wow, I never knew you could kill this guy by running on him!

Apparently Retro has access to the BOTW engine for their next game
I have never played BOTW but I need to ask, is the engine good?

>Spin attacks
>instead of jump slashing

I agree that BoTW improved on OOT's gameplay in every way possible, but c'mon man. There was a 15-year difference between each game's developement. If anything, the fact that Oot still has superior atmosphere goes to show just how WELL it's aged.

The engine's great for open world game design so I guess it depends on what Retro's next project's going to be. Honestly I'd rather see Monolith Soft do something with it, though they likely will too seeing as they helped actually make the engine and worked on BotW.

Botw's bosses are certainly more challenging, but I agree that oot's
bosses were better overall based on spectacle alone.

What's the point in comparing OOT to BoTW like this? They're both self-contained stories with their own principles and styles of gameplay, even if they are in the same series. Not to mention one is like 20 years old whereas the other isn't.

>They arent using the Prime engine
They're fucked

Could it be,
have the nostalgia goggles worn off.
Are ninten-droids actually making sense.

It's an ambient soundtrack for the most part but don't let Sup Forums's shittaste in music get in the way of enjoying what is legitimately a gorgeous score that not only compliments the experience but almost acts as a mission statement for the game.

Nigga they haven't been making Prime games in over a decade and aren't even making Prime 4, why the fuck would they even need to use the Prime engine?

They used the Prime engine for the Primes and the Dong games

>muh soul

how does it feel to know that you'll never be able to objectify your opinion, and whenever you try you'll just sound stupid (like you did there)

Except for Dark Link, but not every boss can be one of the best of all time

>spam Din's Fire to win

nah, there's like no music. it sucks.

>computer code ages

Dark Link is literally "spam Din's Fire or the hammer to win."

>shitting on ALttP for being "floaty" and complaining about GenZ

As if that's what you fags did as kids. Who are you trying to fool?

>literally stun enemy with dungeon item and them spam spin attacks for 3 or 2 cycles
He is not wrong you know. Bongo bongo is defeated the same way

(You)

4/10

You play it for the dungeons that botw didn't have.

Yes it's what I did as a kid because I'm not dumb
>Try the sword
>Parries every hits and jumps on it
>Try the hammer
>Doesn't parry it
Wooow, so hard