Thoughts and opinions?

Thoughts and opinions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Nr338YlKD94
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you actually think TP is above 7/10 then I actually feel sorry for you because it must be difficult being that dumb. And no this isn't opinion,it's objective. One day I'll make an 1 hour long video on YouTube where I release all the hard truths about this game because I don't even know where to start when people ask me about this game. I'd end up spending the night typing out endless paragraphs that would go to waste since all the 15 year olds here have no attention span. I've done it before. Well thought out posts that maybe get one or two replies. Why? Because I'm right and people would rather call me autistic and ignore my post than actually present an argument

nice bait

crap, just like every 3d zelda without koizumi

Second best Zelda game, I wish the wolf sections were more involved, and midna is the best zelda girl

Glad this pasta is getting more use

the most paint by numbers zelda

My favorite game. Has its flaws but I love the things it gets right, namely the swordplay mechanics, melancholic atmosphere and fun dungeon gimmicks. My biggest complaint was always the difficulty and HD damn near fixes it entirely with Hero Mode and the Ganondorf amiibo. Unfortunately, death still has no real consequence in the game so failure still doesn't matter. So close, yet so far.

Good but not essential.

Best Zelda game on release.

>WW
>good.

This picture implies that Wind Waker was good when really it was just a discount OoT with its points of interest divided out by a mediocre sailing mechanic.

>the most paint by numbers zelda
This. It exudes very little passion.

Extremely forgettable.
Lots of nice ideas that are under-developed and -utilized. A lot of bad design choices on top.

WW is both good AND better than this crap, but that doesn't require much.

WW was good, not great

the point is MM/OOT are by far the best 2 zeldas

One of the better Zelda games, basically just a higher budget OOT. More content than WW, but not as good overall.

Na, TP is paint by numbers but it's at least a competent Zelda with a slow first third. WW's main quest never gets its shit together from start to finish and the best thing about it really is just ignoring the story and fucking off to chart the seas. Discovering new islands (but not actually exploring them) is easily the most fun WW has to offer.

MM is at least two tiers worse than OoT.
ALttP and TP are better than it.

Twilight Princess is practically the definition of refinement over innovation, there's nothing especially creative about it especially when you consider how drastically different Wind Waker was both in setting and art style a few years earlier. The only way you could possibly LOVE it is by playing it as your first entry in the series, to anyone who has played Zelda games before it's basically just OoT 2.0 with a transformation gimmick. It isn't a bad game at all, the dungeons are well designed and the additional swordplay mechanics were a welcome addition that should have become the standard.

Back in 2006 fans were asking for more of OoT/MM, and they got it. It's nothing more and nothing less.

>worse
You misspelled better

Tread carefully, most of Sup Forums thinks MM is the best Zelda game I guess because they don't actually like traditional Zeldas.

Best Zelda game, just above Skyward Sword.

Wasn't my first Zelda but it was definitely more of/a refinement of what I love about Zelda.

My favourite of the OoT style Zelda games though I admit I didn't play it at release but years later on the WiiU, which was the first Nintendo console I owned since the n64 disappointed me (I disliked OoT on release and still don't like it) and on which I played WW, TP, and SS in quick succession. I like the dungeons that feel like real places, the story (though I wish more was done with the "evil" and dangerous Twilit magic), and the sword skills make this my favourite 3D combat to date. For clarity my Zelda top 5 is as follows:
1. LA
2. Botw
3. AoL
4. ALBW
5. TP

You are right.
It's also interesting to note how SS and BotW went into completly different directions! They are both on conpletly diferent sides of the spectrum on both storytelling and exploration.

MM's a divisive game BECAUSE it's a non-traditional Zelda. Hell, it be as non-traditional as the series gets without going full retard a la the Four Swords games (or the CDi games if we must count them). You either love what makes it stand out and lament that those aspects never came back to the series in full force or you condemn it for those very same aspects. It's hard to get more love/hate than MM.

SS was basically TP's focus exaggerated while BotW is basically WW's focus exaggerated. We've played these games before in the series, just not to such an extremely polarizing degree.

>1. LA
>2. Botw
>3. AoL
>4. ALBW
This is some massive good taste.

Don't know if it's Dolphin's setup but the controls are kinda bad.

>AoL

Did you really have that much fun with adventure of link?

Might be, what issues are you having?

I can understand the argument that Twilight Princess is a better Zelda game than Wind Waker, but those people don't appreciate the finer details about why Wind Waker was (and still is) a special game. It was the first Zelda since BoTW that tried to capture the almost open world feeling of the original LoZ, while being one of the very first games to allow players to sail the ocean. The Great Sea might not seem all that impressive NOW, but back in 2002 it certainly was. I hope the next Zelda will take us back there, I'd love to see what they'd be capable of doing today.

I wouldn't put it in my own top three, but it's great, yeah. It's not even as hard as people say, once you get past the early spike at Death Mountain, it's smooth sailing until the last leg of the overworld and the Great Palace (but by then you can restart from there if you die). I just think it feels like a grand adventure even more than the first game.

>Breath of the Wild finally breaks the Zelda cycle
>Wind Waker starts getting bullied for some reason

Wind Waker has been "bullied" since it was made, don't pretend BoTW has anything to do with it

>>Breath of the Wild finally breaks the Zelda cycle
Because of this, Sup Forums is trying to force it by saying it sucks anyway.

How are the HD remasters of Zelda games?

The L/R triggers mostly. And moving with the analogue stick is weird.

WW has charm out the ass but it's one of the least fun Zeldas to actually play IMO. Shame, because it actually does do some minor things right like item-based combat and grottos (both of which are absolutely better here than in TP) but its general pacing and dungeons are just so goddamn off. But yeah, the Great Sea exploration was indeed a standout element of the game, I won't ever take that away from it.

>And no this isn't opinion,it's objective.
Stop.

No, every one thought it was impressive how terrible the Great Sea was back then too.

It's probably the worst Zelda. It's an absolutely slog, the artstyle is boring, the characters are uninteresting, the story is bloated, and then puzzles are unintuitive.
It's the exact opposite of BOTW. At least SS had a good story, great visuals, tight controls and fantastic puzzles.
The lack of Link butt also drags TP down.

WW and TP benefit greatly from Hero Mode, though WW is the better remaster overall as it just got a lot more QOL improvements. I still think TP is the better game but its only real improvement of note is that damage scaling can be fixed to where the game isn't babby tier difficulty anymore and can now claim the distinction of "slightly harder than OoT". Even that's locked behind the Ganondorf amiibo, though.

you are correct with midna being best girl

Wind Waker deserves credit for takng risks more than anything, IMO. Think about that Space World demo, and then how ballsy it was of Nintendo to give us this instead. It might not have hit all of it's marks, but if you ask me it's a lot more valuable to the series than Twilight Princess was because at least it TRIED to do something different.

We need more Wind Wakers and less Twilight Princesses in general, developers should be respected for taking risks and we should encourage them to do so instead of demanding more of the same.

3D OOT is fine
3D MM is missing a Master Quest mode and they forgot to fix the fight against Majora being too easy
HD WW has too much bloom but looks great in 16:9
HD TP is inferior to emulated TP with texture packs
Oracle games in Unreal Engine 4 when

OoT 3.0. Wind Waker is OoT 2.0.

>It's the exact opposite of BOTW.

I can't help but find this comparison fascinating because of how right it is. I adore TP but I don't like BotW, and I think it's funny how that all works out.

>spoiler
Aren't Link abs enough?

It's very predictable for the most part, except some of the dungeons are pretty creative compared to past iterations.

>HD TP is inferior to emulated TP with texture packs
lol fuck off

We all have our own likes and dislikes. My favorite Zelda is BOTW, followed by ALBW and WW. TP has always been slow paced and just uninteresting to me.
A lot of people like to say that SS is the opposite of BOTW, but it's really not. TP is.
That said, I like TP, and I brought the HD remake because Zelda is my favorite series, but it's definitely my least favorite.
Just give me more Link butt in the next game, Nintendo.

I'm a newfag to Zelda due to having a deprived childhood. Of what I've played (all in the past three years or so):

ALBW = BotW > MM3D > WWHD > OoT3D > PH

What should I play next?

No. I crave Link booty.

2D Zelda > 3D Zelda

You should play A Link to the Past at some point, although I don't know how much you'd like it since you've already played A Link Between Worlds. I'd still say go for a classic 2D one, Link's Awakening if not ALTTP.

Midna was probably the best companion in the whole series next to ezlo and the king of the red lions

lol no u

I hated it. The items were garbage, wolf form was shit, dungeons weren't memorable, hyrule field was boring, graphics are terrible, waggle controls, etc
Midna is the only good thing this game has.

>All the great Zelda games are the ones that were made during your childhood
Really makes you think

It's an 8.5/10 for me. Probably my third or fourth favorite Zelda game. ALttP being the first with a 9/10.

I can't stand normie faggots that think the Zelda formula is stale and love BoTW because of that.

There's barely any other video game franchise out there doing the same thing as Zelda or as well as Zelda. You have what? Okami, Darksiders 1, 3D Dot Game Heroes, and that's fucking it. Christ.

Now BoTW feels like this really weird ass mix of a Zelda game and just a modern AAA open world game. It's fucking shitty, to be honest. I'd give BoTW a solid 7, but having no dungeons hurt the game a lot in my opinion. I play Zelda for proper dungeons and bosses. BoTW is missing the core aspect of what makes Zelda to me.

>Twilight Princess is practically the definition of refinement over innovation
That's why I really enjoy it. It's a great Zelda game and it doesn't try hard to be anything else other than Zelda. People that think innovation is always better than refinement are retarded. The Wii was "innovative."

TP was a game that pushed exploration by the wayside in favor of dungeons and main storyline. All SS did was what TP did but even more egregiously - exploration was basically nonexistent (TP wasn't good at it but it at least tried) and the overworld was basically turned into an extension of the core dungeons, which was what TP excelled in. There's shades of WW in the sky overworld (only done really, really badly) and Skyloft was basically a poor man's Clock Town but at the end of the day it really was just a more extreme TP.

It was boring. Designs and art in general were also shit apart from Zelda.

>dungeons weren't memorable
I will never understand this complaint. TP easily had some of the best dungeons.

Makes me sad cause its the last time they did it right. I can't handle that Wind Waker graphics and TP was dark, a true Zelda.

Part 1 - 10/10
part 3 - 9.95/10

Top 20 game of all time.

Only essential Zelda.

It's weird, because I still enjoy SS. I love its music, story, art, and even the dungeons are more enjoyable. I dunno; I just don't like TP.

Part 1,3,4 are awesome!

First one is 10/10! Then theres a dark world thats legit.

You god damn right!!!

Why would I play an 8.8 game?

SS was hot garbage. Have you gone back and replayed TP and SS back to back? Maybe your opinions will change.

The three of you are correct.

Thanks, my man. You too.
I honestly did. I mean I played it as a kid and liked it better than LoZ even though I wasn't initially enamoured with the side-scrolling nature since I usually prefer top-down play. I enjoyed playing it as a kid and spend hours figuring out where to go and what to do. I think I would've liked it better had it not been so linear, but I really enjoyed the skillful combat, and it has the best final boss of the entire series, in my opinion, assuming you don't use the left corner cheat.

I replayed TP when the HD remake came out, and SS shortly afterwards.
I still prefer SS. SS was also my first Zelda, so it hold some nostalgia factor for me.I've gone back and played the rest of the Zeldas, but I don't think I could ever hate SS.

Unashamedly OoT 2.0, but I'm honestly okay with that. The opening tutorial part in the village is one of the worst things ever. It's pretty rough until you are able to control your transformation at will. That being said the actual dungeon design was incredible, and that's really all that matters to me. The dungeons were all awesome - particlarly the sand temple with the spinner, the snow villa in the mountains, temple in the sky, and temple of time. The Ganon/Ganondorf series of battles were fantastic too. Midna one of the top sidekicks and #1 for my dick.

Easily a 9/10 and probably my 3rd favorite Zelda after OoT and ALLTP (haven't played BOTW yet)

TP is very mediocre.

>muh dungeons

They're pretty lame for the most part. Midna is the best thing about the game.

This. Fans always want more of what worked before but that's how you end up with stale shit like the NSMB series. Any creator who gives fans exactly what they say they want is an idiot.

Seems like you're just one of those autistic nostalgia faggots. Kill yourself.

Worst 3D Zelda by far. Even SS was better.

the game is really easy and boring.
excellent world though.

very good game but way too bloated. the intro tutorial is way too long and theres just too much filler. however the dungeons are some of the best in the series and have amazing atmosphere and i personally loved exploring the overworld. also god tier soundtrack and midna is the best series companion to date

youtu.be/Nr338YlKD94

>those dungeons
>midna and agitha
>midnas and agithas themes
>double hookshot

very nice game you shouldnt miss out, only underageb8 retards call it bad

>shit design
absolute shit taste

>WW took risks

Up there with "Wind Waker was original" for my favorite memes.

Worst Zelda that I've played. OIT lite with shit character models besides Zelda.
I haven't played SS.

I love the Forsaken Fortress. It's kind of a predecessor to Hyrule Castle in BotW.

Hope you realize that Aonuma was the dungeon designer for OOT.

And Nomura was monster designer for old FF games, doesn't mean he should be put solely in charge of everything.