Are you ready for the JRPG GOTY?

PAX 2017: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 May Be Exactly the Hardcore RPG Switch Needs

ign.com/articles/2017/09/02/pax-2017-xenoblade-chronicles-2-may-be-exactly-the-hardcore-rpg-switch-needs

>Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is not for inexperienced RPG players. The battle system at its most intense is a tremendously complicated ballet of patience and timing that will take dozens of hours to master

gameinformer.com/games/xenoblade_chronicles_2/b/switch/archive/2017/09/02/exploring-a-chunk-of-the-massive-world.aspx

>Battles in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are fun and engaging; even though Rex auto-attacks, managing your positioning, blades, and arts is satisfying when you combo them just right. The most exciting moments came as my party gauge filled up and I began chaining attacks together. Stringing together attacks proved most satisfying as I churned through several lengthy battles.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xksPVZptPGM
youtube.com/watch?v=TpuXab6roP8
youtube.com/watch?v=Xjpao-nD5YU
nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-first-details-on-new-characters-option-for-japanese-audio-apparently-included/
wahmmo.com/why-xenoblade-chronicles-2-has-a-character-designed-by-tetsuya-nomura/
mynintendonews.com/2017/06/15/tetsuya-takahashi-shares-a-message-about-xenoblade-chronicles-2-with-the-fans/
siliconera.com/2017/06/25/xenoblade-chronicles-2s-executive-director-says-like-work-much-smaller-projects/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>>Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is not for inexperienced RPG players. The battle system at its most intense is a tremendously complicated ballet of patience and timing that will take dozens of hours to master
People refused to learn X's battle system, so they'll probably complain it's too complex again since reviewers and gamers have become even more retarded since then.

Would fill that fuckdoll.

That is good. Party members seem to play a better role than in XCX and have more costumization than XC so it's definitely a step in the right direction. AI doesn't look as dumb since we see the catgirl switch to a new weapon when the combos are availabe

>swapped fairly good (not Yoshida-tier, but fairly good) character designs of previous Xeno games to this abortion coming from some no-name h-artist
why?

No ass.

Oh come on, did you forget the potato?

>hardcore
>JRPG

The Xenoblade characters were unique, but absolutely horrendous to look at.
Complete and utter abominations.

After seeing them in motion during the streams, the character models look pretty good and better than previous games.

this

>Xenoblade
>hardcore
I wouldn't say any of the games Takahashi made are hardcore.
It would be nice if the games had a hard mode.

Xeno games have been using hentai artists to design characters and/or armor and various shit since Xenosaga.

A huge chunk of JRPG character designers start their careers drawing hentai doujins.

What a wonderful world we live in

If the style of the character designs of a specific game doesn't appeal to you, it doesn't mean that it's bad.

me too

Okay. When's it coming out?

>Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is not for inexperienced RPG players. The battle system at its most intense is a tremendously complicated ballet of patience and timing that will take dozens of hours to master

ahahahahahahahahahaha

>Battles in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are fun and engaging; even though Rex auto-attacks, managing your positioning, blades, and arts is satisfying when you combo them just right. The most exciting moments came as my party gauge filled up and I began chaining attacks together. Stringing together attacks proved most satisfying as I churned through several lengthy battles.

>Xeno games
>Hardcore

how? it wasnt like x had a huge learning curve

I read the OP too!

instant gratification means that nerds to unwilling to put more than no effort into understanding and learning shit.

I personally blame all the god damn pushes to make vidya cinematic as fuck tricking entry level and shallow nerds into thinking that video games are a passive medium of entertainment like movie. Instead of people realizing that vidya is more like a book than anything simply based on the fact that one must actually do something to fully experience it. Since with books one must make a conscious effort to either scroll down an ebook or turn the page of a physical book.

So how you ask? Lazy nerds tricked into thinking that vidya is all about instant gratification more so than anything else

>dozens of hours to master

I sincerely hope they're not blowing smoke up my ass. I also sincerely hope there's Japanese audio, any mention of that yet?

>IGN
>Same faggots who thinks fucking Pokemon is a god tier JRPG

Wasn't the E3 trailer pretty specific about it being dub only
You can always import, it's region-free
That's what I'm doing

>not playing in the queens english

pleb

>comparing games to books
I like vidy, user, but c'mon.

No confirmation unlike FE Musou which is confirmed English only.

My only guess for that is they wanna keep the file size down due to all of the fully voiced support conversations that are to be included in the game.

They were playing the Japanese version and had to stress that so as to not alarm any plebs watching. I wouldn't be surprised if the Japanese audio is cut, but you can't infer it from the shit at E3

>jrpg
>complex
>hardcore
No, they literally make these games for the lowest common denominator going right back to the beginning when they were copying wizardry and ultima
jrpgs are basically adventure games padded out the ass with mindless grinding

that's rich coming from IGN

t. only played FF

GIVE ME A FUCKING RELEASE DATE ALREADY ITS THE ONLY REASON I BOUGHT A SWITCH
HOLY SHIT

Lin had a good design though.

The E3 trailer only had that for EU to warn people that there won't be a track with French/Italian/Spanish voices more than to say that there won't be a Jap one.

Oh, really?

either december or delayed to 2018

>delayed to 2018
What the fuck are you on about?

no that applies to pretty much all of them

It's pretty usual for EU trailers, compare the trailers at 0:12.

UK trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=xksPVZptPGM
FR trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=TpuXab6roP8
US trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=Xjpao-nD5YU

The warning is only here in (or, well, former) EU countries.

>No confirmation unlike FE Musou which is confirmed English only.
Actually they confirmed dual audio.

For Fire Emblem Warriors I mean: nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-first-details-on-new-characters-option-for-japanese-audio-apparently-included/

>Nintendo representatives on hand also say that in the final game, you’ll be able to choose between full English or the Japanese audio.

>unironically posting ign impressions

That's not Sen III

This. But gameinformer and the the french guys seem more reliable so it's cool

X's battle system is extremely slow and tedious until you've unlocked decent arts and TP boosters.

It's doesn't look like X2 is any different in that sense.

I was surprised when I saw those sketches, because it looks really good. It didn't translate well into 3D, sadly.

Truth. Stop wasting your time with this dogshit genre that nobody save for a very small minority here likes.

There's a reason Western games sell better and are received better.

i just dual audio or a option to mute the voices if it's dub only

>nobody debates this post
kek. even weebs know it.

>There's a reason Western games sell better
The same reason Flappy Bird sold better.

this game is going to flop so bad, first they make the main a shoto now this? DROPPED

Not to mention:
wahmmo.com/why-xenoblade-chronicles-2-has-a-character-designed-by-tetsuya-nomura/
mynintendonews.com/2017/06/15/tetsuya-takahashi-shares-a-message-about-xenoblade-chronicles-2-with-the-fans/
siliconera.com/2017/06/25/xenoblade-chronicles-2s-executive-director-says-like-work-much-smaller-projects/
Jewtendo is crashing this series with no survivors

Bump

Holidays 2017/Early 2018 I assume

Nobody is gonna debate us? really?

Guess thats a BTFO for the nutendo shills. Enjoy your flop game.

I'm fine with either. The Switch doesn't have much for 1Q 2018 so far.

They have a serious problem when it comes to translating Tanaka's design to 3D.

>IGN talking about hardcore in vidya

I think the main character looks like shit and the fact that the story is basically aimed at everyone is kinda underwhelming.
Nonetheless, i was sold when I saw the world and heard some samples of the music.

I hope is isn't the loudmouth shounen Nurutu brat he looks like.

I really hope so too, since this xenoblade is going to be story focused i don't wanna be annoyed everytime i see this dude.