Is this the most retconed character in videogame history?

Is this the most retconed character in videogame history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A9JV0EvCkMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes

No, why would you say that?

Kaz(Miller) is more retconed.

Define "retconned*" for your answer

Warhammer Fantasy/40k characters. Blizzard characters. I could probably think of better examples for oldfags but I'm tired, and my socks hurt.

He's basically just a different fucking person in every game, like Kojima just reboots him. Just writes out a bunch of characters for his new game, pulls one out of a hat and names it Ocelot.

when the background of a character or his reasons are changed

Fuck yes. The fact that he was probably the most subtle character in MGSV is a clear give away.

And what the fuck happened to his Smith & Wessons? You know, the revolvers that he could never shut up about in previous games?

who is he

mgs1: I'm foxhound but in reality I'm working with the president
mgs2: I'm with the russian mercenaries, wait no I'm still with the president, not really, I'm with the patriots, now liquid posseses me
mgs3: I'm with gru, no I'm kgb, no I'm CIA
mgs4: I was never posesed, I was helping Big Boss
mgsV: I'm helping Big Boss even though I'm Cipher and I no longer spin my revolvers

REVOLVER OCELOT from Metal Gear

He doesn't spin them anymore, It's all cqc now

Yes, this is bullshit and the fact it going on for 2 games only makes it worse and the half-assed retconning they tried to explain it with in MGS4 made it even more ridiculous.

He's up there. I miss him just being a total bastard like in MGS1 and MGS2. He was one of my favorite antagonists until 4 happened.

Revolver Ocelot (Revolver Ocelot)

you just can't handle the ruse cruise
>I no longer spin my revolvers
he does in Online

I mean what is he an octa double agent? Why does anybody trust him?

The only time Ocelot has a different allegiance is in MGS3, prior to falling for Big Boss. Once he has his mancrush and in every other game, he's always ultimately on Big Boss' side - even when he's double/triple crossing, it's all about Big Boss.

You mean Kaz "do you feel the loss, I love you Boss" Miller?

that's a retcon from mgs4
he was helping solidus in mgs1 but in fact was helping the patriots, even in mgs3 he is suposed to be a cia agent (adam)
Kojima just wanted to have a super twist in every game and used him to do it

MGS 4 is so fucking trash

the whole thing about the patriots being one big family of friends with all the old characters is pretty stupid

this
autistic underage b&s dont know what a retcon is

big boss dying in outer heaven, being burned in zanzibar and then just appearing like nothing happens
that's a retcon and it's in every metal gear
the way the story is told is engaging, memorable, cool and all of that but it's a fucking mess that not even Kojima can defend without laughing

MGS 4 is a terrible game

>He's basically just a different fucking person in every game, like Kojima just reboots him.

That's something I realized too. I just consider them separate characters who just share the same name. Hell most of them don't even look the same.

Ciri
> had sex with dead guy
> virgin
> have sex with girl
> techinically not vrigin
> abducted by space elves and essentially breeding stock for Elf king for years.
> not virgin anymore?
> nope still a virgin cuz still has powers
> somehow knows "tricks" she's going to teach a random stable boy she meets
> but nooooo ciri is pure

They actually had concept art for a younger ocelot looking fellow named "Adam" in mgs4 who was in the spetznaz. I assume that would've been his clone and Yoji Shinkawa's comments was that he was dissapointed that he didn't make the cut in the story

>the whole thing about the patriots being one big family of friends with all the old characters is pretty stupid

It makes no fucking sense. The Patriots get one hundred billion dollars and skip forward a few decades and they have AIs running everything, fake elections, and are a defacto world government. Huh? A hundred billion is a lot of money for the 60's, but it's not magic.

More 4 retcon nonsense. He needed to tie 3 to 4, and quickly explain the origin of the Patriots, so he used the Codec team from 3 to do it. Super hella lame.

There's not a single plot point in MGS4 that I believe adds to the overall plot of the series. I went through every game in order, getting my mind blown in each one until I got to MGS4 and I suddenly had to ask myself what the fuck they were thinking. It just tries to shit all over the plot and context the previous 3 games established.

I also fucking hate MGSV. People can say the gameplay is good all they want but I think it's less engaging than fucking Peace Walker. At least that game had separated sneaking sections with good level design somewhat like MGS3.

man are all the vr missions with the protagonists?
can't you play as foxhound or dead cell? now that's fucking cheap

Also if solidus was the president in mgs and he's a clone wouldn't he like the remains too to cure himself? Why didn't he help liquid? And why did the patriots trust ocelot when he sold the plans of metal gear rex to every nation?

at the end of mgs2 they say the 12 wise man are dead but they could still be alive like inside a machine wich would be the ai
maybe you would found them inside that giant ship in mgs4
that woudve been more fiting but he wanted the twist
I mean big boss didn't even had a scratch but solid snake burned him in zanzibar
so at the end solid neve killed big boss, not on outer heaven, not in on zanzibar
It's fucking rubish

I haven't play it yet but the whole twist is also stupid
Why do you need to make that it was another BB in OH if you are going to retcon that solid snake burned him in zanzibar?
Also it seems they cut the true ending with liquid in africa
Games these days, the fact that ground zeroes was sold separatedly tells you everything.

>generic polish whore

Perfect adaptation.

Venom was Big Boss in all but DNA. Snake beat him in Outer Heaven, and the Big Boss that was burned was salvaged with Liquid and Solidus' bodies.

>He needed to tie 3 to 4
just put big momma having a pmc with the money of the philosophers and zero inside the ship guarding the ai with bb dead corpse being in some facility you have to get to enter the ship
he could've made lots of changes but instead gave us the big family matters bullshit

>yfw there was one big boss the entire time and he's the same person as Venom, just got tricked by Zero to believe he's a double so he can play out his plans and join him eventually

yet look at him in the end of mgs4
he didn't get burned in zanzibar land
maybe that was another venom snake lmao

>at the end of mgs2 they say the 12 wise man are dead but they could still be alive like inside a machine wich would be the ai
>maybe you would found them inside that giant ship in mgs4
>that woudve been more fiting but he wanted the twist

Would have been real nice if they articulated this instead of going on about the nonsense that 4 was about.

Ill just leave this here

He's literally wearing Soldius' skin in MGS4.

it would keep with the lore with gray fox being dead but alive inside a machine

AYO HOL UP

What would your next ideal setting for a MGS be?

Personally I'd love to play as Solidus in a game made like a combination of MGS3 and 5, fighting in the jungles, abducting enemy soldiers, with a ton of survival mechanics.

Hmm, probably like .. a retread of Metal Gear Solid 5 using the same assets.

But ok, get this ... it's kinda in an alternate reality thats underwater. But instead of being a stealth game you fight zombies with huge meteorite rocks for heads.

the cobra unit in stalingrad, dday and some nazi castle with a nazi metal gear

Are you purposefully being ignorant? He literally told you that Big Boss was reconstructed using parts from Liquid's and Solidus' body. That's why he doesn't look burned, because he has Solidus' face on him. Maybe MGS is too confusing for you because you can't even follow the most basic plot of a story?

>inb4 this is death stranding
stranded on volga, norman reedus aka ocelots TRUE father awakens and fucks cobras up, gets in love with the boss and impregnates her, betrays his unit and dies in the bosses arms

also what's with the parasites in mgsv
now that's what I call jumping the shark
the fantasy of mgs games were never this over the top
it was more simbolic now you have zombies that turn into mist
and now people are hating konami for the metal gear zombie game but those were in mgsv too

wrong, solidus was the bloodied vegetable
he's wearing liquid's skin

Parasites are primitive nanomachine technology, if you paid any attention to the tapes you'd have learned quite a bit about Code Talker's research.

MGS1 and 2 he was always with the patriots, Solidus was nothing but a tool for them and Ocelot was making use of that tool.
MGS3 he's a CIA double agent who becomes a founding member of the patriots.
MGS4 he was possessed in MGS2, he doesn't say "I was never possessed", in fact you can see that he removed Liquid's arm and he never spoke with Liquid's voice. You're just dumb.
MGSv is not related to the numbered games, it's a sequel to a spinoff.

that crap like "parasites taught humans to speak"?

Oh so big boss was in criostasis or something or in coma and burned and then zero or some ai grabed liquid and solidus bodies to reconstruct his face so he could look nice if he ever woke up to go see the man that never really kill him in outer heaven and zanzibar
Yeah well if realizing that the whole mgs story is a retarded retcon means I'm stupid then I am.
Also Eva knew that it was solidus body but she got burned to help Ocelot cause she knew that the Liquid posesion was bullshit
Because EVA was in it since the first time right?
Forget what she told BB about her being a spy from China, they all joined and created the patriots, a big family wich members got angry but not really, they were all working for a common goal, a big practical joke.

no wait you are buying it
you are buying the whole taking weapons out of the hands
next you will tell me that always happened in mgs and that's why solid can carry the nikita, the famas and the stinger all inside his body
jesus you people

The patriots were the worst plot twist in the series. It made it so it's some nonsense with no ties to reality. I liked it more when it was all DARPA, CIA, START. Real world organizations give it some grounding.

Oh so he had an exorcise right?

the patriots were just another name for "illuminatis"
at least it was

the patriots at the end of mgs2 I thought they were like the trilateral bildeberg or just jewish thing we have now pushing open borders and chiping the population with an ai controlling everything
it did make sense
making them zero project with eva and bb and ocelot was really retarded

Are you talking about Kaz "Kikongo Killer" Miller.

>Smith & Wessons
I'm disappointed in you user.

maybe they make him change it

Carrying 20 weapons is a gameplay quirk unrelated to the story.

not with the parasite unit XD

>implying any of the snakes could trust each other

Smith & Wesson makes the Colt, retard

hold up

I honestly can't tell what is and isn't bait on this fucking site any more.

It's great, isn't it? When everything could be bait, nothing means anything. It's freeing.

Fucking this

>he never spoke with Liquid's voice
Except when, you know, he literally did

Yeah that's Kaz

>gets in love with the boss and impregnates her
so Reedus is the Sorrow?

>ray suddenly has a nuke, and its tail is the "railgun"
Kojewma barely knew what he was doing.

I don't want any more MGS games to get made. The series ended with 3.

Remember how the very final scene in MGS4 revealed that Liquid was ONLY PRETENDING to be Liquid via self-induced hypnosis?
Ocelot is literally the I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED character of MGS.

i can get behind that

What do you mean?

Ray was an "amphibious anti metal gear vehicle" from the marines to fight the knock off models made from rex's data and opposed to the arsenal made by the army, but ray was not "nuclear equipped".
Arsenal had the purified hydrogen nuke, if not ocelot would already had a nuclear gun to kill JD in 4, and he wouldn't need to take rex railgun.
He would only need to take ray out of the garage, and rise its butt to launch it, since he was also created before the SOP was completed.

And in the end he was motivated entirely by his thirst for Big Boss' cock.

What the fuck.

How did you read that out of anything about Ray?

Its tail isnt a fucking railgun, its for balance and to suck up water to fire out of the water cutter in its mouth

Sometimes I wish I stayed away from these threads. So I can pretend to keep what little semblance of Metal Gear knowledge I have intact.

>any nuclear explosive device can be fired off like an ICBM no problem
>Ray's tail, which has an explicit function of soaking up water to shoot out its dumb mouth, is somehow a railgun
are you retarded?

>mass production ray's dosen't have tails
>outer heaven rays dosen't have tails either
>marine's ray suck water from the face
The tail being a railgun is as full of shit as the thing being nuclear equiped.
You get it now?
>inb4 kojidrone excuses

What the fuck are you talking about. Ray isnt nuclear equipped, it was never supposed to be, at no point in any game did anyone say it could fire a nuke, it has no railgun.
Also yes, the tail and face can both be used.

Revolver Ocelot

see pic in
then pic in
Kojewma said it, in his directed and edited trailer...

So Ocelot was working with the patriots in mgs1 but somehow sold the rex data to everyone endangering the control of the patriots of the world
yeah I don't buy it

What fucking trailer.

Ray was never ever said to be nuclear capable, it was explicitly said to be non-nuclear, made to fight nuclear metal gears.

see

youtube.com/watch?v=A9JV0EvCkMI
Do i need to explain you how to open a browser too?

Are you seriously being this autismal over a clear translation error/slip up?

ocelot was not working with the patriots, he was trying to eliminate him. that's why he botched the torture with anderson.

Japanese version also says nuclear equipped.

If thats the case, who fucking cares, its a mistake.

so he started working with them after mgs1
it makes sense but it's not stated in the game

at no point after mgs1 is ocelot working for the patriots. his entire arc in mgs2 and 4 is that he wants to trash the entire patriots ai,

>no one said that what the fuck
>its a bad translateion
>lol who cares
>being this denial that they can't notice something as obvious as that
>inside a thread about retcons
Everyone abandon the thread, looks like kojidrone defense force thinks everything is... alright

rubbish
he sinks the tanker to create arsenal gear and makes solidus attack for the s3 plan