Who innovated more?

>98
Why is LoZ so overrated?

neither. They just did right what has already been done before, altho poorly. Zelda loses to TW3 in everything

Just Imagine a Breath of the Wild with a story/lore/worldbuilding as rich as The Witcher ones, that will be a hell of a world to lose yourself in.

people gave skyward sword a 100 review

for some reason zelda games are just absurdly overrated

Why does no one complain about BoTW's garbage combat, but they do about Witcher's?

Nintendo fans and nostalgia goggled idiots praise Zelda and Mario to no end. Nintendo is just now getting in on the open world fad that has been the mainstay of generic AAA releases for years, and they're getting higher scores than ever. Odyssey will no doubt see the same 95+ even if it has collectables and view point towers.

BOTW does have one of the most interactive welds ever so I suppose BOTW. Still not that good of a game tho

This, Skyward and their rrviews are so shit that are going to be use in the reviews for future Zeldas.

Zelda is lacking in every aspect compared to Witcher 3:

Graphics
Characters
Animations
Combat
Gameplay
Narrative
Facial animations
Waifus
Bros
Quests/Missions
World Design
VOICE ACTING
Writing

Zelda, there hasn't been an open world game with that much emphasis on physics and interaction until it rocked up. Witcher 3 was just more of the same cinematic garbage we've gotten air centre the genre became popular.

Too bad the combat, you know the actual gameplay in a video game, is still painfully mediocre and wont sustain anyone for more than 5 hours

It's shocking how high Zelda is, I dont think it really did anything for the open world genre other than some neat physics details, but I feel they don't amount to actual usage when playing the tedious content through.

I do like the freedom, but freedom comes at a cost of a "make your own fun" mentality, and bite size rewards, challenge, and ultimately, bordem with an unchanging premise.

BOTW was probably the most dissapointed I've been in a game in a long time.

Double standards and the fact that they would have to admit the Witcher 3 does have better combat, ultimately.

Haven't played Zelda but the story in Witcher 3 was ass. I mean really bad z-grade fantasy.

Just Cause 2

Can't agree at all. What game would you say has better writing?

Say it with me, kiddies!
FREE
NINTENDO
FREE
ZELDA
You're going to see a lot of posts praising the game for its subpar aspects just because it's not on a Nintendo system. Be prepared.

This

The real IMAGINE would be, Zelda with Witcher 3 budget, scale, graphics and made to run on modern PC's

>implying botw hasn't revolutionized the entire open world genre
>being this blind

People don't compare Nintendo games to multiplats. They compare Nintendo games to past Nintendo games.
So rather than "this Witcher 3 is awesome, it's got a lot of the same generic open world stuff I'm tired of though that I've seen in other games, but still great" we get: "this BotW is awesome, probably the best Zelda game since OoT or maybe ever, that makes it a 10/10!"
You know I'm right

When everyone's so used to the mediocre and shitty games pumped out over the past 2 years, something like BOTW seems like the GOAT. It is overrated but you'll only really see that from reviewers and Nintendo shills. Anyone with any taste and experience playing games knows that the game is at most a 9. I personally give it an 8 since I played it on wii u (dat performance).

Play the DLCs faggot. Great story and writing.

>this whole post

Do they counteract the negative points they get for nostalgia and just being Nintendo?

>owning a wii u
>thinks his opinion is relevant

lol

le ebin Planescape: Torment

> just because it's not on a Nintendo system.
Wait, are you saying any game that isn't on Nintendo platforms gets more praise because its not on Nintendo?
Are you fucking serious kid?

Get better b8, m8

>They just did right what has already been done before, altho poorly.
>just did right
>altho poorly
>right
>poorly

They did it right but it was badly? What the fuck are you even saying Europoor?

BotW had more to interact with in the world. The Witcher 3 is just roaming around, following quest markers and fighting.
I do appreciate that they added jumping in TW3 though, these open world games should at least let you jump

>implying any future open world games are gonna "take notes" by the inspiring BOTW

What about it?

>buying a switch after I got fucked over with the wii u
>implying I even like Nintendos bullshit moves over the past decade and a half.

You can enjoy your handheld. I mean console...

This is Sup Forums user.
As long as it's not Nintendo it's good to the majority of posters.

botw for sure, they took a big risk putting technology into a mainly fantasy world but they did succeed.

You're a moron.

>owning nitnendo products at all after age 10

user please

>they took a big risk putting technology into a mainly fantasy world
What the fuck? This has been done since forever. In fact, almost every Might and Magic ends with laser guns and aliens.

Do you honestly believe this? Sup Forums is fucking autistic about Nintendo. Especially the mods, they fucking love it.

Are you saying there is no game with better writing?

How about...any game that has proper structure and pacing. Really any story that has a well developed villains. Any game that doesn't pull the ending out of it's ass in the last 5 minutes contradicting anything about the lore. Any game that doesn't feel like the main character has the biggest fucking plot armor. Any game with no plot holes.

Witcher
Witcher 2
Dragon Age Origins
Mass Effect
Vampire the Maquarade

I don't know list goes on and on

Zelda.
TW3 is as generic as it gets.

The one with over 800 gotys

You just invalidated yourself by saying mass effect. You should feel ashamed.

Where did I say that?

>Any game that doesn't pull the ending out of it's ass in the last 5 minutes contradicting anything about the lore.
What exactly was the issue?

>Bioware writing
>no plotholes

You can stop typing now.

BotW of course.

Is that even a question?

>Especially the mods, they fucking love it.
Which is why they allow rampant nintendo shitposting right?

are you fucking special?
user, i meant putting technology into the LoZ franchise, because Loz has always been about magic and never technology, but now that this installment has it, its unique in that way.

You mean Skyward Sword?
Twilight Princess?

They filtered the word Nintendo drones for you. Sup Forums is full of Nintendo loving people like the other user said.

>because Loz has always been about magic and never technology
Wrong. Once LttP cropped up there was a focus on ancient technologies combined with magic.

>Sup Forums mods being shit at their job =/= not liking Nintendo

Dragon Age Origins was far better written and more nuanced than Witcher 3.

>What exactly was the issue?

Are you retarded? They pulled it out of their asses that Ciri can end the white frost with no consequences in the last five minutes in the game. It invalidates all the book saga basically and the game even.

Stop spoiling the game you slut.

>It invalidates all the book saga basically and the game even.
Ah, you're a faggot book weirdo.

remember to deduct points for the Nintendo bonus

The game is absolutely nothing without the books. All the characters you see in the game are taken from the books and developed in the books. The game has no original characters that are well developed (maybe one or two). The lucky characters from the books remain intact, but the unlucky ones were completely ruined.

You can't use that argument for this game. Maybe you can for The Witcher 2 which was an original story and most of the major characters were original and didn't feel like a continuation of the last book

They filtered Sonyg-ger as well you idiot however the difference there is that they had to filter about three different names. That alone should show you Sup Forums's stance towards nintendo.

On top of that there's always a thread up shitposting directly about Nintendo and they hit the bump limit. However it's rare to see one about Sony let alone to see it live to the bump limit.

Lurk more faggot.

Neither? They are both open world sandbox "RPGs".

I see nothing wrong with Sony though. Was the best one last gen and it seems like the best one this gen. I don't even have a ps4 but if I were to choose a console, it would have to be it.
This is pretty much the same bs as last gen except the 360 represents the ps4. The ps4 is popular so you think anyone saying anything negative about Nintendo is a Sony fan. Truth is, a majority of players own a ps4.

the ones who did it before. Nice reading comprehension muritard

Yeah user, it must be nice trying to throw rocks. This rock throwing simulator sure is a better game than tw3

The Wild Hunt were disappointing just your average black & white good vs evil snooze

Well for Zelda, it truly was a changeup to what you'd expect from a Zelda game

The witcher.... kinda doesn't do that for itself. It's not defying its own genre. It's still fairly interactive, it's pretty fun for the open world meme game it is and the sex is always a welcome addition to a Mature game

Witcher didn't bring anything new and Zelda just jumped on the open world meme train.

Play the DLC for Witcher 3. Hearts of Stone.

Witcher innovated more, Zelda perfected it.

Every 3D Zelda has that in some degree

TW3 may win in terms of worldbuilding and storytelling, but BOTW is by far the best open-world game ever made in terms of the actual open world aspect of it. Every other open world game with its lack of interactivity and closed-off copy paste content feels like a wet sandwich in comparison now. BoTW actually takes advantage of its vastness and doesn't hold your fucking hand all the time. It's so fucking cool how an npc will tell you about a vague rumor and then you have to use geographical cues to solve a puzzle.

t. Andrzej Sapkowski still anally-blasted by CDPR

no thanks, I've had enough of quality CDPR writing for one lifetime

meant for

neither of them innovated

>TW3 may win in terms of storytelling

People are just saying that without even thinking about how awful the story was

>He doesn't have friends to play smash and mario kart with

Just saying, nigger. Hearts of Stone is 10x better written than vanilla story. Enjoy Mass Effect I guess.

Main story dropped off the towards the end, but there are oodles of well written branching side content with a lot of variety. It's a world jam-packed with characters and stories, and I say this as a zeldafag

There really aren't. There are maybe two-three well written side quests, the rest is filler crap by untalented hacks

And the main story is terrible from the very beginning

You've never even played it faggot-chan. Even if you have, that just proves you have shit taste. If TW3 of all games doesn't have well written side content then gaming as a whole is fucked because the side quests are still miles better than any open world game, although BoTW's open world experience is superior

This is the objective truth and any refutation of these facts is a denial of reality.

What did Witcher 3 innovate?

Oblivion had way better side quests

Witcher 3 had nothing to offer but following red trails , binary choices and z-tier writing

>Oblivion had way better side quests
lmfao

>he brings up a fucking bethesda game to refute me
>"muh list of recurring game mechanics to make the game seem repetitive"
If you're going to bring up game mechains outside of writing, maybe you shouldn't praise a fucking bethesda, especially that floaty mess oblivion
this shitty board is like clockwork

>press x to solve quest with witcher vision
kek

You think Witcher 3 had a larger budget than Zelda? LOL

BotW saved us from the same type of shitty open world games TW3 is a part of.

You're far and away one of the most retarded Obshitter's I've ever seen. Oblivion isn't even in your image, and Oblivion is a better game than New Vegas in just about every conceivable way.
Beyond that you've included DLC and unmarked quests for NV and none for FO4

>witcher 3
>good gameplay

Combat is a fucking disgrace. it's easy as fuck and yet there is handholding everywhere.
Following farts is not good gameplay.

Oblivion is shit

>and Oblivion is a better game than New Vegas in just about every conceivable way.

World truly has gone mad if people actually think this.

Gameplay in Oblivion is absolute fucking trash it's actually hilarious you bring up gameplay when talking about quests.
>Oblivion is a better game than New Vegas in just about every conceivable way.
I'm not the guy you replied to and I've never given a flying fuck about Obsidian games, but Bethesda faggots like you are literal cancer holy shit.

BoTW combat is atrocious and even easier than Witcher 3.

Not him, I brought up Oblivion.

Side quests like the Assassins Guild or the Thieves guild were really fun and inventive ways to do stuff using the AI, in Witcher 3 all side quests boiled down to following red lines and making a binary choice in the end. And it was always trough a dialogue option

TW3 didn't innovate at all.

Neither of those games innovated. They are both decent games but are both overrated and run of the mill.

In a single thread we got nintenbros asaying botw and oblivion were better than Tw3 and NV.