Check out this incredibly-incompetent "professional" games journaIist failing to play Cuphead. Seriously...

Check out this incredibly-incompetent "professional" games journaIist failing to play Cuphead. Seriously, watch for 1:40 seconds and feel the rage grow within you:

youtube.com/watch?v=848Y1Uu5Htk

"Dean Takahashi is lead writer for GamesBeat at VentureBeat. He has been a tech journalist for more than 25 years, and he has covered games for 18 years."

Other urls found in this thread:

venturebeat.com/2017/08/24/cuphead-hands-on-my-26-minutes-of-shame-with-an-old-time-cartoon-game/
youtu.be/HFHUXy-_iMw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Damn, Trevor Moore is looking good

so a sport commentator has to play football very well to be taken seriously?

>feel the rage grow within you:

Imagine spending your free time just to find things to be outraged around

>so a sport commentator has to play football very well to be taken seriously?

I know this is a copypaste from somewhere but I'll bite.

(a) A sport commentator needs an expert knowledge of the game to deliver insightful commentary. Dean seems to lack basic "videogame literacy", it's almost like he's never played a 2D platformer before.

(b) A sport's game is watched passively, so your comparison is false. A better example would be you'd need to be a competent photographer to review a camera.

It's called "hyperbole" honey.

He's not even a sports commentator since he's just a reporter. That means he reports game news. He doesn't need to know anything about gaming. People keep saying that he's a reviewer. He isn't. That's not his job.

I don't care. Post more of that whore.

>That means he reports game news. He doesn't need to know anything about gaming.

He's meant to be showcasing the game by playing it, but is too incompetent to complete the first level. If he was better at gaming it would have been a better showcase.

I don't think I can make it past 30 seconds.
I used to think those valve testplayer commentaries were funny. now it makes me sad to know that these are the majority of players.

>Dean Takahashi
Oh hey, I remember this guy. He's always been a fucking idiot. He played all the way through mass effect without realizing you can level up your abilities.

>type all that just to finish with honeyposting

Fucking what

WHAT?! I need to see this.

How can someone be THIS bad at video games?

>short, blonde hair
This is the worst meme. I want it to end.

This can't be real.

ok, the guy is bad at games, but we really dont need 3 threads about this.

contain your autism.

most commentators were professional players before they begin commenting, sweetie.

25 seconds was sufficient

Doesn't that make him really good since he's just doing a level 1 playthrough.

>most commentators were professional players before they begin commenting, sweetie.

I don't get this comment as I never said they weren't. You know the "greentext" was me quoting the guy I responded to?

How's it going, Dean?

It looks great though

We covered this last thread. The tutorial is bad, and Dean may have below average problem solving skills, but it's not all his fault

>Dean Takahashi is lead writer for GamesBeat at VentureBeat
> video uploaded by VentureBeat

So VentureBeat is actually making fun of him?

He likely didn't finish it. Wrote a review shitting on the game because of it.

she looks like an 8 year old boy named "elias"

willing to bet it was on the easiest setting as well.

I disagree

Why are people so obsessed with her feet?

that one isn't even a good comparison, because a majority of football panelists and commentators have actually played professional football at some point

Why do women feel the need to ruin their bodies with pointless shitscribbles?

I wasn't there last thread and I can't watch this past the first minute. He's still at the first pillar. How is the tutorial bad?

>Of course, I expect the final game to have a lot more emphasis on gameplay over story, as the designers of the game — Chad and Jared Moldenhauer — are known for that style with their previous game, Super Meat Boy, from 2010.

venturebeat.com/2017/08/24/cuphead-hands-on-my-26-minutes-of-shame-with-an-old-time-cartoon-game/

>So VentureBeat is actually making fun of him?

It was likely uploaded by Dean himself, the "shame" reference is meant to be tongue-in-cheek and poking fun at "haters".

this game visuals are pretty good but is it any fun?

Did he just confuse that fat fuck edmund with the cuphead devs?

Broken comparison

Please insist that this guy understands platformers as much as a sport commentator understands his sport. Game knowledge is not the same as personal ability. This video game journalist has NEITHER. He plays it like he's only played a platformer a few minutes in his life.

>I didn’t realize for quite a long time that you don’t accomplish anything by jumping on top of an enemy, like in the Mario games. Rather, you lose a life. It took me a reminder as well that you can change the type of shot.

I thought there couldn't be a worse gamer than Sakuya.

youtu.be/HFHUXy-_iMw

I was wrong.

Sup Forums posters aren't people, user.

A book reviewer has to be able to read. A film review has to be able to see.

If he's just a reporter he shouldn't be the one playing the game to showcase it. And YES, a GAME reporter NEEDS to know about gaming. Just like a SPORTS reporter NEED to know about SPORTS. For fuck's sake. Can you imagine this on the sports news?

"And the guy with the number 3 on the back kicked the ball to the guy with the number 5 on the back. The guy with number 5 kicked the ball into the net thing but for some reason it didn't count."

or

"Tiger Woods did amazing today as he got +20 points on the last hole. Truly amazing as his competitors got -1. Pretty laughable. "

>The tutorial is bad

What the fuck am I reading

I have piss poor genre experience with action sidescrollers, I've never played a game with a dash mechanic. And I realized how to get over the pillar long before he did. And even after he figured it out, he became confused when he dashed from a short jump or didn't dash at the apex of a high jump. It took even more attempts just to realize he was failing because of poor execution.

GO BACK TO FUCKING POL

On today's episode of who whore it better.

You'd think people hired to play video games for a living would actually have a basic understanding of how to play video games

I've never felt such an urge to yank the controller out of somebody's hands

GO BACK TO POL

SAGESAGESAGESAGESAGESAGE

Did this video demonstrate that he didn't know game terminology?

>keep watching
>in 26 minutes, he never manages to make it more than half-way through the first level

I don't think "bad" does this justice. I think any five-year-old could probably manage a more successful run. He literally just keeps running into the enemies. I don't understand. It's like trying to demonstrate how to boil an egg, but you keep shoving your hand in the water every thirty seconds.

why does this keep getting reposted the moment the thread dies? Is it literal shilling?

Kys retard

>He plays it like he's only played a platformer a few minutes in his life.
More like never. Even if you've never played a platformer, if you have gaming as a hobby it shouldn't be hard to figure out and a tutorial should be a breeze unless it's a notoriously difficult platformer. I have a friend who is a PC master race guy. Never plays platformers. I watched him play though Little Nightmares without a hassle.

NOT VIDEO GAMES
NOT VIDEO GAMES
NOT VIDEO GAMES

SAGE

I know this is bait but I'm sure someone won't see how retarded this argument is so I'll reply anyway.

No, the sports commentator doesn't need to play football well but he DOES need to fucking know what a touchdown is and how many points it scores. And if he didn't he'd look like an incompetent fuck.

Similarly, if this faggot reviews video games and can't push more than 1 button at the same time then, yes, that's a fucking problem.

>It's like trying to demonstrate how to boil an egg, but you keep shoving your hand in the water every thirty seconds.

And then insisting that this is normal for someone boiling an egg for the first time

I want to cum inside her often to see what kinds of hybrids would be made.

>GO BACK TO FUCKING POL

I voted Labour in the last election.

POLTARD

YOU SHIT FUCKING POLTARD

>voting for that anti-semite Corbyn
Color me surprised polshit

Come on dipshit, they are analyzing everything to deliver back to the viewer and or listener; the commentator IS THE FUCKING GAME to those on radio. A commentator who doesn't know the sport is useless.

Anti-Israeli isn't anti-Semite honey.

People like the one who is playing shouldnt even pick up a controller or tell anyone how they feel about a game.

Waiting for the inevitable, "This game is too hard, minus 2 points." cause he can't ready how to jump on the background.

Does the game auto-run? Or is this guy making the conscious decision to run into every enemy and run off every platform?

I think you're giving him too much credit by assuming that he's conscious

No it's not auto-run, also you will notice he tries to jump on the enemies heads like Mario, and keeps trying even though it's nor working.

This makes me want to die.

I'd probably be about as shitty at this as the guy playing it because I'm not used to using an xbox controller.

>keeps replaying dialogue like 3 times

why?

This guy is getting even more attention by idiots like the people in this thread.
The guy is literally baiting all of you, and you are lapping it up.
It's like pewdiepie acting like a retard, it's a goddamn act.

It can look good on some people, I dislike the way it looks on her though.

>haha I'm just pretending to be retarded

He's probably hoping there will be new options and contextual responses like in his favorite arpeegees.

Sup Dean

Does this game have to be played in full color? is there an option for black and white?

>I can pretend to be retarded on camera and make millions of dollars
Oops, it already happened.
The Idiot Defense Force is already out defending yourselves because you lot actually want to believe it when the reasonable conclusion is that it is all an act for the attention you are cheerfully giving him.
Where is my Good Goy picture?

It's not pointless, it clearly says "Pandora" which is a very deep a powerful message reminder her that she's not Anthony Burch

Maybe he isn't particularly good at schmup type games? I bet you aren't good at every genre, casual.

Does the game or the controller let you remap buttons? Assigning the dash to a trigger button would probably reduce the awkwardness of trying to do it while jumping.

Source?

Its her body, nobody elses.

For what?

Your claims

>Gerardo Cedillo 1 week ago (edited)
>they changed the title of the video after everyone started complaining... it was: "Cuphead demo at Gamescom: It isn't easy"

>game reviewer can't press two buttons at once while holding the analog stick down

What source do you have for the assertion that the guy is bad at every video game he has ever been streamed playing, outside of your willingness to believe it?
I remember when people actually believed that pewdiepie was a spaz irl, and were outraged when they found out it was an act for money and fame.

It's not even two buttons at once, it's two buttons in succession, which makes it even worse.

No source huh? Please go away delusional retard.

No. It didn't but it showed that he has zero expertise. Someone with zero expertise shouldn't be a reporter of said thing he has zero expertise in. My point still stands as it was to show that a reporter who doesn't know what he's doing/talking about has no credibility.

Unlike a game reporter, a sports reporter isn't asked to play the sports they are reporting on but if they where you can be damn sure that they could AT LEAST shot a football into the goal from 5m away or put a golf ball into the hole right next to them. It's not rocket science. I mean for Pete's sake there is a reason we have reporters who specializes on certain fields. If he was a normal everyday reporter, sure, I could see that he MIGHT have some problems but he's a GAMING reporter. Someone who specializes in talking about games and knowing about games and someone who's knowledgeable about games shouldn't be having this much trouble with a TUTORIAL. A sports reporter MIGHT not be able to figure skate but that's a whole different animal than kicking the football into the goal from 5m. Just like beating the final boss in a Souls game is a different animal than jumping over the first enemy in SMB1. One is basic shit, one is not.

Even if he was the worlds best player and knew NOTHING about game terminology I would still say he's not fit to be a reporter as his expertise isn't sufficient. He might be a god when it come to terminology but he sucks harder than a diamond dildo when it comes to gameplay. If he's having trouble beating a tutorial in one of the most self-explanatory genres there is, how can he have credibility when it comes to more difficult genres like action-shooters?

>57 seconds
>the gears start turning

Answer my question.
Explain to me why you think this guy is actually bad at video games when he has, repeatedly, gotten far more attention from being bad at them than people get from being competent.
You WANT him to be bad at them, and then you do something as stupid as yell for a "source". What's yours? You don't have one, outside of your desire to believe it and throw attention at him with the what, 8 different threads about the guy up right now?

Tu quoque and Burden of Proof fallacy. It's up to you to prove your claims not me. The intro video proves mine. Now prove yours. You won't be able to because you're a delusional retard but you could at least try.

What a retard lol

>The intro video proves mine
By that logic, the hundreds of thousands of videos on youtube are proof that everyone on youtube act like idiots, screaming at things uncontrollably when they pop up at them.
But they aren't, it's an act, and if you weren't so invested in having something to be mad about, you'd see it, too.
Please, keep reposting his website and his videos, that really shows him.

No source........