Does the Outlands ever get more interesting? I'm currently in Nagrand and I'm getting fairly bored

Does the Outlands ever get more interesting? I'm currently in Nagrand and I'm getting fairly bored.

Zangarmarsh and Talkaddor are great

It's pretty much all boring

>he doesn't like OG Nagrand
Oh me oh my

If you want something more visually interesting try Netherstorm, but bear in mind this xpac came out a decade ago, everything was more impressive then

is this some kind of message in the bottle made in 2007

Are you playing on a private server or retail?

Fuck you. I'm trying my best to catch up.

Buy a boost to quit WoW faster.

I miss Outland so fucking much it hurts.

It's not a private server but it's a server that is apparently for "new people". But when I tried to join a sever that had a bigger population, it won't let me unless I create another character.

Nagrand > Zangamarsh > Hellfire Peninsula > Netherstorm > Terrokar > Shadowmoon valley > Blades Edge

Nagrand > Zangarmarsh = Terokkar > Netherstorm > Hellfire > Shadowmoon > Blades Edge

>That one time I flew from hellfire peninsula to shadowmoon valley

>there is a zone between Hellfire penninsula and Netherstorm called The Twisting Nether with its own local chat

Nagrand > Zangar > Hellfire > SMV > Terokkar > BEM

Seriously did anyone like BEM? What a colossal pain in the ass, I levelled 3 characters to 70 and skipped it every time

I'm assuming that you're new to world of warcraft. The entire leveling experience of the game has been messed up over the years due to all the expansions and redesigns. The entire game is geared towards the endgame now.

You level up like 10 times faster compared to back in the day (since the level cap is so high). Not only are the mobs you're fighting weaker than they used to be, they also made you as the player a lot stronger (in retail a level 10 does more damage than a level 40 in vanilla).
There are so many small details they've changed that ruined the leveling experience, such as the quest helper, cross realms, etc.

I'm not sure why they keep the old zones around anymore, since they clearly only care about maxlevels and endgame content.

TBC Outlands is probably the last vestige of old WoW at this point. The quests are more interesting than Vanilla, but everything is nerfed, your character is stronger, and you should probably be ready to go to Northrend before you get to Nagrand, desu.

nani

Replaying Northrend quests makes it obvious how hard Blizzard was pushing for vehicles. It never worked out.

Did you start retail after TBC? If not then the leveling content is so much more streamlined in design that it's automatically better than Vanilla's.
It started the scripts and bomb runs you see so much in Wrath and beyond yet it maintains enough of Vanilla to be it's own experience.

If you don't like Outland it's because you don't like MMOs.
Also turn off your quest helper and read the damn text, exploring and finding stuff on your own makes everything better.

The same is with The Great Sea or whatever it's called.
This. Nagrand is forever in the top 5 WoW zones.

>kill 10 of these
>fetch 10 of these by killing 30 of these
>click on 5 of these things

wow quests never get more interesting

Pretty much every every area off the main land of Outlands is a zone called The Twisting Nether. The same happens on Azeroth when you fly too far out too sea.

All the quests aren't scaled properly because you do way more damage than back in burning crusade and the level scaling is different. Outland is still incredible but everything around the zones fucked with the levelling system.

wow isnt known for the quests, the leveling for me was just a grind. the real fun was the pvp, dungeons and raids.

Outland > Netherstorm > Blade's Edge > Shadowmoon > Terokkar > Nagrand > Zangarmash

Hellfire * instead of Outland

Are any of the non current expansion leveling experiences even fun to a new player or just tedious?

user you seemed to have failed grade school mathematics. The arrows go the other way for worst to greatest going left to right....

just tedious really.

Hellfire, Nagrand and Zangar are good

Shadowmoon is decent, Netherstorm too

Blades Edge looks cool but it's trash

Terokkar is hot garbage

probably faster than ten times lol

>make one step
>the whole environment changes radically, including the sky
That map is fucking atrocious.

Hellfire Peninsula was the only zone I really liked.

What's worse is that any time you suggest they fix the leveling problem, you get a whole shitload of autistic baby endgame faggots crying about having to level their alts. There's just no winning with them.

That was a legit timesaver in some cases. At least until you get the BT neck.

>you'll never play release Outlands again

Nagrand was great. I played it shortly after the release of TLC, so there was a lot of activity with people leveling.

I remember I (Shaman) met a Rogue and together we did a lot of group quests, with him tanking and me healing.
Was a lot of fun leveling in Nagrand.

But Zangarmarsh was also really good, the music was so good omg

>they still didn't merge draenei and belf starting areas with azeroth map

Hellfire Peninsula was the best first zone in the game if you don't count Durotar.

Zangarmarsh was a letdown after Hellfire. I don't know why everyone else likes it so much. It's not bad, or good, just ok.

Blade's Edge Mountains sucked to navigate but I remember the quests being kind of fun. Someone has to be the worst zone though.

Nagrand was godly. Everyone agrees.

Shadowmoon Valley felt like a chore. I actually rank it below Zangarmarsh.

Terokkar Forest was a little more pleasant than Zangarmarsh. I guess. I actually forgot it existed.

Netherstorm was cool as hell. It's just below Nagrand.

Nagrand and Zangamarsh are GOAT. I really like thousand needles but most people seem to hate it

Outlands is fucking great you faggot
Nagrand is GOAT

Thousand Needles questing was fun for the horde. The pvp was fun too.

I don't see the appeal of Zangarmarsh either.
Terokkar had a lot of exposition on the "old kingdoms", though I didn't care much for the Arrakoa but moreso the draenei and Auchindoun.

>mfw being a hunter with track humanoid on, parachuting on unsuspecting alliance nerds
Would have probably had more success would I have been the opposite though.

If they made vehicles and turrets not suck so god damn much that would have been fine. I still don't know what their thinking.

Engineering was fun as hell. I wonder if they ever stopped making engineering suck?

Hah just kidding I know blizz doesn't work that way.

I skip it entirely with the dungeon finder.

Isn't engineering pretty much the only profession that has any real benefits since they took away profession stat bonuses

I dunno I haven't played since wotlk. I just throw bombs from the sidelines now.

I can't imagine how cool burning crusade mustt have been when it came out

It was.

god i hate this, it's really bad how boring leveling in WoW is now, especially since it was my favorite part of Vanilla/BC/WotLK

I made a level 1 priest just to see how bad it's gotten and i was able to easily kill a level 9 enemy with no equipment equipped, just spamming smite. the difficulty has gotten completely out of whack, and it makes it all boring as shit.

The leadup and first month were the most hype I've ever seen in a game.

I hated it. Nothing looked like Warcraft to me and the quests took everything terrible about vanilla questing ramped up to 100 (literally, sometimes. "I need 100 fel blood essence!" "I need 30 metal scrap, 25 lumber, and 10 [item surrounded by 10 mobs] for this 3k xp quest!").

And then I entered Zang and that was the coolest shit to me. I stayed there well past what I was supposed to, did every quest, hit exalted with the faction there, and then tried moving on into terrokar - which was straight back to "go kill 30 phase hunters." "Get 50 wood from [trees that drop 1-3 wood]!" And I just unsubbed on the spot. BC was the only expansion I didn't hit max level in while it was live (I came back and finished it for WotLK pre-patch).

In hindsight, I wish I had stayed. The end game actually struck me as pretty cool when I came back to it. I just hated the aesthetic of the place, and the questing was unbearable.

I found Nagrand awfully boring and plain. And too cluttered for what was supposed to be an unspoilt savannah.

Zangarmarsh was best.

I liked the music in Terokkar but if you were leveling on a PVP server there was a good chance you would get ganked by bored 70s if you roamed too close to Shatt's walls.

>And too cluttered for what was supposed to be an unspoilt savannah
Yeah, too many villages.

>you'll never gank leveling clothies in Hellfire on your 49 twink ever again

This the best answer OP. Outlands was great for it's time, but everything is too different now.