What does Sup Forums think of the storybook games?

What does Sup Forums think of the storybook games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NcCrHZAKfPI
youtube.com/watch?v=o8TxnuOia5w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't.

Embarrassing.

Hoe much till Sup Forums defends them saying they're "unironically" good just like Shadow and Sonic'06?

Secret Rings is shit, Black Knight is okay but still doesn't hold a candle to the true Sonickino: Shadow The Hedgehog

Much like Sonic Heroes and the Rush games, they're there. They're not great games, they're not atrocious games, they're just middle-of-the-road.

With Me is the last good final boss theme Sonic has had, fight me.

>youtube.com/watch?v=NcCrHZAKfPI

>youtube.com/watch?v=o8TxnuOia5w

The all time worst sonic games. I don't think people realize how bad they are. SatSR makes 06 look good.

Neat/cute ideas that ended up with mediocre games. Black Knight tried to at least improve how it felt to play things in that style but over all, just weird experiences.

They came out in a time when Sonic was just all over the map in terms of quality. You had the lowest tier of shit like 06 and Chronicles Dark Brotherhood but then you had some decent handheld stuff like the Rush games

Sonic Team just tried way too hard to experiment, but at the same time Yuji Naka had left Sonic Team so regardless of his contributions and issues with the team one of its long time core members was out so it makes sense that things would be weird for awhile

What does SR have that's shittier than 06?

The controls and gameplay. SR is basically unplayable while 06 has annoyances like loading screens and lots of bugs.

Sonic and the black knight is a good game

Mediaocre at best desu

What's so good about it hm?

I find Shadow unironically good.

it's fun to play and has good music

I like shadow.

When you go from 3D sonic games like the adventure games and sonic heroes, then pickup SR and Black Knight for the first time, it doesnt even feel like a sonic game

The controls are some of the stupidest least fun shit I've ever encountered

SEVEN RINGS IN HAND

What makes it fun to play?

it's a run while hack and slash

>Chronicles
>Bad
It was a fun and good Sonic game.

You're fucking joking

If the sonic storybook games played like colors or generations, they just had the Arab/Medieval setting slapped on, they would have been fuckin great and actually had something.

If they released them with that in mind I'd get them

Black Knight was stupid, but otherwise okay
Secret Rings is total garbage, I remember it being borderline unplayable

Shadow is good, but only ironically.

Conceptually interesting, bad execution.

I wouldn't mind a totally unrelated new IP that based it's plot and locals around old storybook tales.

In my opinion secret rings was a 5.8/10 while black Knight was a 6.7/10. I like the themes of both games and the art direction was pretty neat considering the limitations on the wii. The control schemes and level design is what held the games back.

didn't find anything wrong with the secret rings, I had fun with it

Secret Rings was ass, didn't play Black Knight but it looked like a mild improvement, not that that's saying much.
>touch controls
I wouldn't have minded it as much if you could move around the map without them.
The game's a fucking rpg and I can't even play it longer than an hour without getting a hand cramp.

Wasted potential

>release of The Secret Rings
>people and critics agree it's decently fun despite its issues and therefore far from the trainwreck that '06 was
>release of The Black Knight
>panned by everyone because of the too many fights where you just waggle
>today
>people unironically say Secret Rings was absolute garbage and Black Knight was much better

I remember seeing a sonic rpg style game for ps1 in a newspaper a lot of time ago but I never found it again does anybody know?

>PS1
This is how I know you're baiting

saw it coming but still had a little hope unfortunately