Let's play a game Sup Forums

Let's play a game Sup Forums

Post your three favorite vidyas of all time. If you post, you must make a recommendation for another user in the thread based on their three games.

KOTOR, TESIV: Oblivion, and Bioshock.

You should play Neverwinter Nights 2.

Thanks senpai.

Post your top three maybe I got something.

I've got KOTOR 1 and 2 but never played them. Have they aged well? If I install, are there any recommended mods?

pretty sure you meant NWN1 because 2 is garbage

They both have pretty shit gameplay. Second game has pretty good writing. Restored content mod for the second game is a must.

Metal Gear Solid 3, Kingdom Hearts 2, Majora's Mask

KOTOR1 if you want star wars and fun
KOTOR2 if you want anime tier edgyness and an overall boring game

>and an overall boring game

What do you mean? The gameplay is practically identical to the first game

1 has definitely aged harder than 2. That being said if you can look past the early 2000's graphics 1 is a masterpiece of vidya, not even star wars but games in general.

2 Is a little easier especially if you have it on steam. It's linked on the workshop and has the restoration and m4-78 mods ready to go which are absolutely required. 2 was infamously rushed and partially broken upon release.

On another note, in this day and age where every publisher is releasing an "enhanced" edition of something you figure KOTOR 1 would be high up in the demand list. You have a flawless game all it needs is a fresh coat of paint, some tweaked mechanics, and perhaps an additional quest or two to add something new.

except you are playing boring planet after boring planet in KOTOR2

Fallout: NV
Halo CE
Star Wars: Empire At War (GE)

Earth Defense force

I'd say one of the Total War titles, they've got fantasy and historical games depending on your taste.

Good call, actually own Shogun 2. Been wanting to play Warhammer but I don't wanna drop 40 bucks on it.

Mount and Blade Warband
New Vegas
Kotor 2

>On another note, in this day and age where every publisher is releasing an "enhanced" edition of something you figure KOTOR 1 would be high up in the demand list. You have a flawless game all it needs is a fresh coat of paint, some tweaked mechanics, and perhaps an additional quest or two to add something new.

except all of the real talent has already left Bioware, so its literally impossible to do now.

I think it actually might be on a weekend sale right now?

I know Atilla is which I've been wanting to try so figured out 75% off was the best deal that was gonna come along for a while.

Jade Empire

Def Jam FFNY
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Red Dead Redemption

Why do you say Jade Empire user

How is Jade Empire, what's it like?

Also, I don't know why but I feel like saying the first Infamous game.

The planets are mostly boring in both games. The only good planet is Korriban really

>Korriban

Really? I thought Korriban was dreadfully boring in BOTH games but I guess some people liked it.

Mannan was the most interesting planet to me by far.

>m4-78
>a must

Warhammer's on sale for 40, no clue why they think dropping the price down by 10 dollars would be alluring.

I've heard mixed opinions about Atilla.

Because it's kinda niche like Kotor, M&B, and I would have said Dragon Age. New Vegas is in its own way special so I couldn't think of anything related to it without thinking either Wasteland or Fallout. Assuming you played those already I went with the oft neglected Jade Empire.

Wuxia chinese and mythology reminiscent of the Monkey King or whatever it's called setting wise. It's basically like a good version of Dragon Age 2 where you can multiclass into whatever the fuck you want like a giant golem made of stone, dempnic toads, horses, and if you do a certain side quest you get a blunderbuss to just blow chinks away. Story wise you're the chosen one and it's better not to say because the twists are actually really good. Only thing I wish is that you could have multiple party members traveling with you but you only get one and they chime in on quests sometimes while you can have them fight with you or have them buff you. One guy literally throws alcohol to you so you can fight drunken.