ITT: Games forgotten through time

>ITT: Games forgotten through time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TAFtsP13biM
vg247.com/2017/09/01/in-a-display-of-excellent-taste-obsidians-ceo-still-wants-to-make-alpha-protocol-2/
gamefaqs.com/ps3/945400-alpha-protocol/faqs/60756
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wish we got more greek myth based games

One of the best games to come out, the sequel will be shit

I wouldn't call this one forgotten, it's still sold by the original developers and they even updated the PC port well after it's release. The fact it's getting a sequel says it's not forgotten - though I'll agree it's a cult classic.

Try to ask anyone under 20 where this comes from

capcom used to be good at one point.

It hasn't even been that long honestly

It was pretty good.

Prince of Persia fans are not really vocal but they really love the sands of time trilogy. Fuck Ass Creed

>Ask a child if the remember this game that came out when they were a baby

Yeah, no shit. The game is far from forgotten.

kek

The remake came out just a few years ago and the first two games are remembered fondly.

I loved these games.

>tfw no prince of persia remake where vidrel is in the game
youtube.com/watch?v=TAFtsP13biM

Dantes Inferno

The forgotten classic......

500 bucks says it'll end up like Broken Age. Broken into two lack luster parts and the second of which will reuse a fuck ton of locations and assets from the first act.

R.I.P.

Nigga I just finished that yesterday.
Why not use the Golden Fleece on every dead villager on Iolcus?

I remember playing this all the way to the part where he returns to his palace for the final battle but stopped for some reason. Can't remember much else about it, except for that stupid singing kid in Mycenae and the spooky Medusa level.

It was also a 10/10 game.

I will never forget that level where you infiltrate the nazi occupied white house. Too bad this game sucks, I really want to see a remake.

is there an arena only part?

Have both of these games on my steam.
cant even play them because I cant change the resolution

Fuck Denied Ops for killing this series.

Such an amazing game...

What the hell hapaned to shiny? Why did Double Helix only produce mediocre games? Why is Foundation 9 just awful? The only comapny part of the foundation that was decent was sumo digital (and still is)

Fuck me

I used to fuck around blowing that bridge up so much on that first level

>really interesting world
>can't enter a single building or interact with anything, ever
>bamham^2 combat

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

"let's spend a bunch of money on a game that sucks" the 7th generation was honestly the worst console gen of all time

You ever feel bad when playing an old game by a defunct company that didn't sell that well but it was still a decently good game, that was part of their lives and not its destined to be forgotten.

>ends on a to be continued
>never continued

Wish I could get it to work again, loved the game and its even free now.

Got to agree with you there buddy, Guess I'm reinstalling tomorrow.

>tfw I still know the prophecy word for word

What a god damn amazing game.

Underrated

Damn, did indeed forget about this one. What's it called?

I've been looking for the name of this for so fucking long
I never understood how to beat it, all I remember was messing with some abusive dad

Neighbors from Hell.

ty

>google game name + "windows"
>get a page of results on how to fix the game

wow that was fucking hard

why even be on the internet if you can't use it? honestly

If you're really into the story you could always read the comics it's based on.
No idea if they're any good.

Only game where I felt like your choices really did change things up.
And one of the few where you can fuck over your allies to joint the bad guy and then fuck him over too.

Sadly the gameplay had severe problems.

Used to play it loads on co-op with my brother and single player so I knew most of the missions back to front. We used to do no RPG/LAW runs and rely solely on smokes and C4.
Fuck Dr Frankling though.

ma nigger! used to play this game all night over the weekend.

That's the first thing I have done and none of the 20 different things worked.

The free version never worked for me , only the disk version which is lost somewhere.

Yep.
A revision or remaster about this game with better gameplay can be awesome.
Also this gem had 3 games in 1.

Also the name doesn't help if you want to google a problem

>getting a movie adaptation
>forgotten

Was literally on TV like a couple of hours ago. Also they actually say "you're truly a Prince of Persia" in it, cracked me up.

There is hope

vg247.com/2017/09/01/in-a-display-of-excellent-taste-obsidians-ceo-still-wants-to-make-alpha-protocol-2/

Currently playing through that now. Solid 8/10

>just pirated this
>last played it on the PS3 years ago
any guides on this game? seems like only a few skills matter and get used

Ohh babe!

>save up birthday and Christmas money to buy myself light gun and steering wheel for PS
>mate gives me this for free cos he thinks it's shit
>three games in one and I get to use my new peripherals
My favourite was the rail shooter in the airport and shooting the ceiling tiles onto the enemies.

Alpha Cliché: The espionage RPG

sequel or remake literally never ;_;

I miss railgun games.
I just want a good new one for PC.

But Heavenly Sword just got a sequel; Hell Blade

gamefaqs.com/ps3/945400-alpha-protocol/faqs/60756

If you look under Skills in the appendix it should help you out.

I think I only used pistols when I played through it. You can later mark ( I think) up to 5 people for auto headshots.

>Sadly the gameplay had severe problems
really ruined the game for me. Such a lost cause with so many good elements brought down by abysmal gameplay. Sucks that it sucked, could've been a real game changer.

A part of me is glad this was forgotten because I despise Dontnod and want them to fail, but I also feel like they might not have made LiS, which is what makes me hate them so much, if this did better, and that would have been a much better outcome.

my first crpg, I got loads of fond memories of it.

I still remember coming back to the swamps near the end of the game and meeting those goddamn jade golems - nobody in my party was trained in blunt weapons so I could for the life of me not damage them. I tried everything and eventually found that one of the dragons you summon does some kind of blunt damage and I spammed it to hell while tanking hits.

>pirating old games is impossible

yeah you dont use the internet

Never played it, but I believe its story was continued in some spinoff material.

I played it so much on coop with my best friend, I have such fond memories of it. Not a great game but it was the only coop shooter game on PS2 at the time.

The entire catalog of this console

>trusting fans not seminal fans

They had one job

I loved this game when it came out, looking back it wasnt that great but at least the idea of it was cool

all of their games are pretty forgettable. Maybe if they'd spend more money on making the game fun instead of celebrity voices, they'd stay more relevant. That one game with Andy Serkis was only known because it had Andy Serkis in it.

Just reread the poster. I'm an idiot.

Miss this series, nobody else seems to

It's not pirated the developers released the game for free. And its only this specific version I could not get to work.
Never thought about looking for a cracked version, could be worth a look.

My childhood, lost with it

I'm still mad there's no sequel

The REAL forgotten classic

At least it has a decent port on steam (even though I wouldn't pay the full price of 15€ for it)

This was such a fun game. I loved it so much.

Is the game sexy like the cover?

Post yfw we will never go back to the golden days of DeS.

Looks like a slow and clunky knock-off of dark souls 3 with worse graphics

DSII was pretty good too with more vehicle missions and suppressed headshots counting as stealth kills so I could snipe all the stealth kill bonuses from my brother.
I enjoyed Vietnam but it was infuriating at times and not being able to see in the jungle was a bit shit.
The third mission in DS2 and the Tet Offensive mission in Vietnam were a ballache to take on first time.

I haven't played Remember Me and I don't intend to because LiS was one of the worst times I have ever had with a game, maybe the worst. I imagine you've got better options than Remember Me if you just want a game that's sexy, though.

Allegiance. Still the best space game ever made.

Don't think I've ever met someone who played this.

It was a pretty fun Diablo clone

The Millbots are still the funniest fucking enemies I have ever faced in a video game. Their screams are 100% pure comedy.

Man I finished this game in one sitting.
I should replay it.

This game was great. No idea why it was always in the bargain bin.