Somecallmejohnny

Sup Forumserdict?

Decent reviews, but whenever he tries to be funny he falls flat on his face

Also the individual known as Sup Forums that you're looking for a verdict from doesn't exist

he's ok

alright but doesn't really go into much depth and isn't that funny

>hates sunshine
>hates SA2

A nostalgiafag with shit taste

He's okay.

>>>/reddit/

My favourite YouTube channel
Having issues with a game doesn't mean that he hates it, you fag.

Criticising a game for it's flaws isn't "hate" you mouth breather

sunshine is a genuinely terrible mario game, though

the ONLY redeeming factor of it is the movement mechanics

Sunshine is trash though.

Not that guy, but he was pretty clear he only enjoyed 1/3rd of SA2. I know that isn't "hate" but it barely reaches mediocre.

As for Sunshine, yeah that user's a fag. He likes Sunshine except for certain challenges and blue coins.

>inb4 you get called a nostalgiafag for liking SA2 and Sunshine

He's okay.
Really, just okay.
On a bad day, he's cringy, but overall he's okay.

He, at least, has his own original theme song. It always bugs the crap out of me when YouTubers use a song from a game or a remix of it rather than make one of their own..

The only reason I keep watching Brainscratch, especially with how blankd Ryan's become and how "I need to be the contrarian who dismisses everyone else's opinions" Ted's become.

And how getting 100% completion doesn't give you jack shit.

He doesn't hate SA2 though

He just tells people what they want him to say. He never has an opinion of his own unless it's Sonic. Why the fuck do people act like he's good?

>he's repeatedly says he says what he thinks about something
>"hurr he only says what people want him to say"

If that was the case he'd have sucked SA2's dick and not been as harsh as he was on many other games.

not to mention that he hates the Kingdom Hearts games but loves Federation Force

I don't like sunshine either.

If you need to outright lie, it's better to not speak at all.

I don't know who that guy is but he looks like one of the many 'lol so randumb vidya skits xDDD' youtubers like Jontron or AVGN

Assume makes an ass of you and me. Sometimes he does some animated skits but his reviews are detailed and actually discuss them games.

The only people who actually like that game either had it as their first Mario game or have unfathomably shit taste. It's the Mario game with the least amount of worlds, least amount of platforming and worst levels (Pachinko, poison river, watermelon, etc.)

>hates sunshine
When? He said he liked the base game but trying to 100% it is ridiculous

just because he doesn't like KH's story that doesn't mean he hates the games. In fact he actually likes 2's gameplay and is pretty exited for 3.
As for Fed Force he's stated that the game is average with friends but boring as fuck alone.

the water's pretty good looking though, the story's the most interesting out of all the Mario games and the gameplay's barely changed from 64 with the exception of the cleaning gimmick
what's there to hate?

What's there to like?
>7 worlds
>24 Blue Coin Shines
>23 Red Coin Shines
>Can't do Shines in non linear fashion
>Progress is tied to Shadow Mario levels opposed to actual Shine count
>Only levels that emphasize platforming are the Secret of stages
>Game wastes your time with stuff like cleaning the beach or an eel's teeth or bathing Chain Chomps
>Worlds like Gelato and Sirena lack any real verticality to them

The beauty of Mario 64 was being allowed to collect whatever stars you wanted to get to Bowser. In Sunshine, you get to Bowser by just getting shines 1-7 of each zone. Each zone's 8th shine, and every shine you get in Delfino Plaza are completely fucking pointless and don't contribute to any progress at all. You don't even unlock anything neat for getting any of them.

Really? wtf I love johnny now

Pretty good, sometimes makes interesting observations on game design

The Sonic/Shadow levels are the only good parts of SA2, though

Shit humor? Check.
Zero knowledge in game design? Check
Never says anything unique or smart about the game he's reviewing? Check
Review is just a long description of the game with some obvious complaints here and there? Check, for most videos at least.
Shit tier reviewer desu.

His Metroid and Sonic reviews are pretty good.
The Megaman and Metal Gear marathons are also pretty entertaining

I have never seen any of his videos but I hate his little cartoon self he draws in his video thumbnails

it's a huge red flag of "look at what a pretentious opinion I have" that I steer clear of.

>"look at what a pretentious opinion I have"

more like "akchully, i am an expert on this topic"

>I don't watch him but I know he's shit
I'm not even sure why I'm surprised since you fuckers do this with games too

There's no way to be humble when you get to the level he's at. Subs almost expect and want you to act like that. Being a humble bitch with no confidence is not attractive.

So you hate the guy just like you hate your videogames?

Him and Cybershell are the only tolerable people to hear when they talk about Sonic

>judging a book by it's cover
so pretentious of you

shut up ethan

He said he only hates Sunshine when 100 percenting it is added to the equation

Ted is the fucking worst, I don't know why but Lewis sometimes annoys me sometimes as well.

He was my crack dealer in highschool so he's alright in my book

>Not that guy, but he was pretty clear he only enjoyed 1/3rd of SA2
Yeah reasonable opinion. 1 is way better than 2 anyways.

pretty based

I hate how every one of his videos has the most popular comment "johnny, you uploaded while I was in class, so I had to watch your video instead of paying attention to the lesson"

Lewis is pretty much just Sup Forums incarnate

I thought that was Ryan

That's every YouTube comment section, absolute unadulterated trite. No one ever talks about the actual videos themselves just make pointless comments like 'Oh boy a new upload from ____!'

He reviews the game more than jokes/attempts at humor. Somecallhimokay.

kek true

>mfw Lewis brings up a game/series only he cares about
>mfw Lewis tries to make a joke, does an awkward chuckle and no one else laughs

His review is mostly just a description of the game though, a good chunk of the video is him retelling the plot

Is capable of explaining his opinions clearly and doesn't have shitty presentation. Those alone put him above 90% of YouTubers.

that only applies to story-heavy games like Metal Gear or rpgs

He likes the main game of Sunshine before going for 100%
He likes the Shadow/Sonic levels of SA2, which is perfectly alright because the mech/treasure hunting levels are god awful

Lewis

-always tries to steer the commentary towards Sonic or a game he cares about if the game they're commentating on isn't something he likes/has played
-never pays attention to the videos in the case of the latter so he's always aksing what's going on when it was explained ten seconds ago
-thinks he has to be the member of the group that constantly points out how things aren't realistic and wouldn't work in real life (I can't watch their Mega Man X and Super Metroid commentaries because of his constant whining about wall-jumping
-has that annoying snort-chuckle laugh

At least he's somewhat better when they're together doing something like Mario Party but it seems he's stopped caring about that as well with their later sessions, he never pays attention when the others are going over the controls and objectives of the minigames.