Cutscene every other minute

>cutscene every other minute
>le EBIN cinematic whoa so cool slow-motion kill cam after every firefight
how can anyone stomach this shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=swQCB_TxvPg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can easily skip the graphic novels, and the few in game cutscenes are short enough

think you meant to post max payne 2 and not the first one or even the third one, max payne has almost no cuscenes but has alotaa noir shit

Max Payne 1 has in engine cutscenes that can't be skipped

Every cutscene in Max Payne 2 can be skipped, making it the best and most replayable

>le EBIN cinematic whoa so cool slow-motion kill cam after every firefight
Who hurt you, user?

the game is probably older than you are

kys underage cuck.

So the cinematic cancer in video games isn't such a new development after all...

neither are adolscents desperate for attention

>cancer

lol Cancer is funneh xD

It was innovative 16 years ago.
Shit, I'm old.

That's not really an excuse though. Tetris is still perfectly playable, cinematic shooters not so much

That's MP3 you fucking underage.

1 and 2 can be all skipped

>The only "long" cutscene is the starting one
>They are literally 3 or 5 short cutscenes in the whole game
heh

Nobody's playing Tetris anymore unless they have literally no other option, dude.

Yeah for whatever reason Max Payne posts are reddit incarnate, disregard anyone with a reaction pic related to the series, they're mostly elitist snobs

Take for instance, completely ignores the complaint in the OP

You fucking faggots ruined Max Payne for me

OP, who cares, the game is fucking 16 years old. Nobody cares if you like it or not.

>how do people stomach this game that came out centuries ago and is still highly regarded today?

cute that you think the problem isnt you

Max Payne 3 is my favourite, mainly because of the great physics in it.
I've always been interested in games with cool physics stuff. Hell, I even bought Killing Floor 2 because I was so interested in the Nvidia Flex gore system.

When did underage and pleb neckbeard redditors started making a huge fuss about this? Was it because their favorite youtube celeb shitter cried about it? Max Payne it's always been a cinematic experience and a solid 3rd person shooter.

You seem to have serious problems with math.

First Max Payne is best Max Payne. Gameplay, graphics, settings, story, and progression.

2 had some fun gameplay and physics but wasn't balanced and at times was way too EZ and story was shit and overall was less engaging.

Unskippable cutscenes are always inexcusable. There's not one good reason to not make them skippable.

The GBA game is really good.

I love Max Payne, but this is true. Unskippable cutscenes are just bad game design. The player should always have the option to skip any cutscene.

>There's not one good reason to not make them skippable.
>not one

First time playthroughs.

Then don't skip them?

Oh yeah that's a great idea, convince the player it's not worth another playthrough because they will have to waste that much extra time watching it again because there's no reason to expect they would be skippable on a second playthrough.

You're right, we better make unskippable tutorials too just in case. And hell, we should probably include a prompt on screen telling the player what to do at all times. Maybe put a marker on the mini map and have a pop up on screen to direct you to the next objective.

let me guess, you are a bethesdafag

>Sup Forums now hates Max Payne

this place has really gone to shit

If someone's unwilling to sit through a single 3 minute unskippable cutscene then the game isn't worth the time.

>then the game isn't worth the time
Did you mean to post that? Max Payne looked cool but the constant interruptions in the gameplay is a serious turn-off.

>There's not one good reason to not make them skippable.
>Baby skips ALL cutscens
>WAAHH the story is so confusing, i rather go play Mario game instead and eat baby food! IF i wanted a story i would be watching Zootopia and MLP! bawwwww

People with ADHD will never appreciate gaming's finest.

Please explain how that's a good reason not to make them skippable.

If you don't want to skip them, you simply don't have to. Your enjoyment of the story doesn't depend on other people enjoying it.

If a game designer is so sure that every player wants to watch their shit cutscenes, they're not worth hiring.

>game needs movies to follow the story
great game

>but the constant interruptions in the gameplay is a serious turn-off.
If you are autistic.

Go back to watching Heavy Rain.

it's fucking annoying if there's long unskippable cutscene before some boss for example. and then if you die you start before the cutscene you have to watch it again.

>Cutscenes
>Movies
>wahhhh i can't stop my ADHD for making me wanting to push buttons non-stop, even for a minute, imma big fucking baby, gimme satisfaction NOW!

13. 14 top.

That's not an argument. If a player wants to skip all the cutscenes, then he or she is unlikely to care about the story being "confusing" as a result.

Well, they chose this side years ago.

You have yet to present a valid and rational argument, friend.

Your personal enjoyment of some game's cutscenes is not a reason to make those cutscenes unskippable for all players.

Except heavy rain has barely any gameplay, max payne is perfection because it's one of the finest 3rd person shooters ever made, sorry having cinematics triggers autismos and big manchilds who still watch barney.

This is what grinds my gears about Sup Forums. Nobody is allowed to make any criticism of their sacred cows without having their thread shitposted to death. At least night time Sup Forums is better when all the kiddos are in bed.

Max Payne requires taste and patience to appreciate, if you get your enjoyement ruined by short cutscenes you are the one with the problem and manchilds will never give worth listening criticism. They should go review fast food instead

Dude. I like trolls, they can be funny or even play the devil's advocate at times. You're just an unoriginal retard.

>one of the very few videogames with a good story
>most cutscenes can be skipped, some are even optional and only trigger if you inspect the environment
>also contains a handful of 10 second long in-engine establishing shots
>people are such impatient faggots that they complain anyway
fuck off back to Digg, Max Payne is too good for you dipshits

>He thinks i am trolling
>Max Payne, needing Devils advocate of all things
You don't understand, you are the contrarian, minority manchild shitter here. Crying about "muh cutscenes" in a game like Max Payne pretty much shows how tasteless the average neckbeard has become, wouldn't surprise me you actually suported Trump.

Stop being so butthurt. I liked Max Payne, and didn't mind the cutscenes.

But the argument against being able to skip cutscenes is a bad argument. Giving the player the option to skip cutscenes does not lower the quality of the game for players who like the cutscenes. It only improves the quality of the game for players who do not want to watch the cutscenes. Why wouldn't you want an optional feature which can only make the game better? Why are you so mad about people enjoying things differently than you do?

There are also going to be some players who already watched the cutscenes before and don't want to fucking watch them again. Some games allow cutscenes to be skipped only after the first playthrough, but this isn't much better; saves can be deleted. The lack of a save file does not necessarily mean the player is playing for the first time ever.

look at this butthurt nerd

oops sorry, wrong pic

>cutscenes should be unskippable for everyone because of this one imaginary straw man

Wow great argument

>Please explain how that's a good reason not to make them skippable.

DSP

I replay my favourite games a handful of times throughout the year. Re-experiencing the full presentation has never hampered my choice when replaying.

>DSP

Are you referring to that one guy on YouTube who acts dumb for clicks? Not an argument. I don't give a fuck what he does. It doesn't affect me or anyone else with a fully functioning brain.

Immersion.

Being forced to stop playing to watch a cutscene draws me right out of the game and ruins my immersion.

Are you replying to the wrong post? "Immersion" does not refute my point about DSP's (probably fake) stupidity being inconsequential.

If you're offering "immersion" as a reason for cutscenes to be unskippable, you're a retard. Even in a game with skippable cutscenes, players who want that kind of immersion can still have it.

No it doesn't, it draws your eye towards the action so that you don't get lost and lose your immersion that way.

Thank you for telling me how I feel.

This is true for some players in some games.
This is true for some players in some games.

You guys are talking past each other instead of having an actual discussion.

>DSP
>has never hampered my choice
This is actually pretty subtle. Providing another person's perspective as a point and then asserting yours as the only relevant one.

Okay, so we're going to back into the whole "this was a debate about subjectivity all along" niche. Fine.

The fact that it's debatable proves that it's a great game. It's fascinating that people are still willing to discuss sixteen year old games like this, and bless you for it.

I've heard every argument against cutscenes being skippable. Every single one of them is "everyone must like what I like" crybaby-tier shit, or straight up logically invalid nonsense.

>"I like to watch the cutscenes!"
Not a valid argument, because you wouldn't be forced to skip them. An option to skip cutscenes doesn't take anything away from you, and the removal of that option doesn't add any value to the game.

>"The story is important!"
Not a valid argument, for the reason above, and also because the story might be terrible even when the gameplay is good.

>"But what about the developer's artistic vision?"
Not a valid argument, for the reasons above, and also because any artistic vision which requires the player to stop playing the game in order to appreciate it should have been channeled into something other than a game.

>"Sometimes cutscenes tell you what to do!"
Not a valid argument, because that's a sign of shitty game design, and also because I might already know what to do if I played the game before.

>"Some games let you skip cutscenes after you've seen them once! Good enough, right?"
Not a valid argument, because I should still get to choose whether I want to watch them at all and also because the game doesn't necessarily know whether I've played it before.

>"You might skip them by accident!"
Not a valid argument, because the option to skip cutscenes does not need to be implemented in such a way that it is likely to be done accidentally. Plenty of games avoid this by requiring the player to press a particular button twice or hold it for a couple of seconds.

>"It's a hidden loading screen!"
Then let me skip it when the loading is done.

>"If you want to skip the cutscenes then it's a bad game!"
If your definition of "good game" is a game in which the non-game part is good, then you just need to pick a new hobby.

But user the cutscenes are comfy in comparison to a lot of other vidya cutscenes. The slow down mechanic gets kind of tiring though. Playing FEAR now and the slow down mechanic is more tactical and I appreciate it more in FEAR

You should start up a Steam Curators group for people with your tastes in skippable filler.

>Plebian
"Games should be more cinematic and be like movies."
>Contrarian
"Story? In MY video games? If I wanted a story I would read a book or watch a movie. *tips fedora*"
>Patrician
"While gameplay is the most important elemant of a game, I think gameplay and story can be blended together if done well."

are you that same fag from yesterday that was getting made fun of for being bad at bullet time?

>games shouldn't have a story

the very first game was good for its time. max payne 3 sucked donkey balls though.

Fuck you this was fucking kino

Like a "skippable cutscenes" list similar to that other guy's "60 frames per second" list? That's a funny idea but I'm not that autistic.

>Tetris is still perfectly playable

>Be me
>Play Tetris
>Enjoying the game
>Suddenly, level ends
>WTF, some gay Russian music starts playing
>Takes literally 10 seconds for the next level to start while I watch some Russian faggot dancing
>Can't skip it

Woooooow

I just want to say that cutscene pausing is one of the most welcome additions to game design from the recent generations

One that should have been made common practice way sooner.

youtube.com/watch?v=swQCB_TxvPg

Max Payne is one of the only games that I can legitimately, objectively deem 10/10 in absolutely every category. Its even more impressive seeing as how its made on a shoestring budget by a (then) small finnish studio

Max Payne is a timeless masterpiece with probably one of the best stories ever told in the medium right next to games like Silent Hill 2. The graphic novel cutscenes, the great voice acting, the amazing writing. Its a black comedy noir parody that could only have been done in a videogame. It invented the entire concept of "cinematic gameplay" and is still probably one of the only if not THE only game to pull it off right without it just being quick time events as canned finishers. The game has no flaws, everything flows perfectly together. The name of the game/ the character is fucking genius. I can't believe they even intertwine it into the story and fucking GAMEPLAY. You use painkillers to keep going. This is art

>reddit incarnate
that would be you.

its a great story i love it and the characters the guns and gun play are cool. fuck you.