When was the last time a vidya character had as much character development as BOTW Zelda?

When was the last time a vidya character had as much character development as BOTW Zelda?

post her butt development

Did Link need to put up with this shit?
He was just the middleman, doing Rhoam's orders. If she has a problem, she should've brought it up with her dad
But then he died, so it was too late.

BOTW Zelda development was awful, not due to her arc itself but how it was told. the story, specifically it's disconnectedness and ending, was pretty badly presented and made things pretty shitty from an outsiders pov. if they changed the flashbacks to something else it would have been much better, or only let you access them after you got the flashback before each one. Overall, kinda disapointed with how the story turned out

the lines she says right before the gannon shooting range gave me chills though

>not due to the arc but how it was told
That's the development.
Just because it's backstory doesn't mean it's not development. It was really well done.

>Zelda butt
why do that when Link butt exists

>character development
In nearly every flashback all we ever seen was her whining and crying

>Nintendo faggots not playing games outside their console

Don't bump this shitty thread

I really hope the next zelda game takes the world and physics of BotW but populates it and adds classic dungeons.

Do you know why? You have to read the journals in Hyrule Castle.
It all culminates in her success at the end of the game. Knowing that it was difficult for her made it all more impactful

A better question is why was Mipha made a champion? The only thing that stood out about her was her healing, and slightly her skills with the trident. She just isn't strong, and I'm sure that waterblight Ganon killed her without any trouble.

Healing abilities are a good enough reason. Also, nobility.

slave knight gael

This better be fucking bait. The characters in BOTW are hollow, lifeless and bland that barely have a role in the game. Nintendo flopped hard with the story this time around. It was a low point in an otherwise good game.

wow faggots sure are disgusting

>Did Link need to put up with this shit?
Abandoning his post and disobeying a order from the King is considered a bad thing. If Hyrule is like Medieval Europe at all, I'd imagine he'd become a wanted criminal and his family would be forever shamed. Not that Link would ever entertain that idea, he's too much a literal Stoic that understand the importance of saving the world.
>inb4 he can just take this up with the king.
The King would tell him to suffer through it for the sake of the kingdom, and as a father he would not have anybody else since Link was literally the best person to protect Zelda probably.

I think the issue was that it was nonlinear, and they could not really flesh out a good storyline because of it. Essentially it made the same mistake as LBW with dungeons too.

>She just isn't strong
I have not seen any cutscenes of her fighting. Maybe the Holiday DLC will shed light for us and satisfy your questions.

majora's mask 2.0 by taking the engine and making a second game using it would be great. it would also close the long gap between zelda titles a bit if they had another team put together most of it

Just wish we had weapon repair blacksmith/merchant for all the weapons. I want to role-play as a ancient warrior, a Zora Knight, or a Gerudo Marauder but weapons just break so quickly

>running a 4 man party without a cleric