MONSTER HUNTER WORLD

Haven't had a thread for at least 5 seconds.
Who can't wait for this amazing game? What are you playing to kill time until then? Also, which weapon will you start with / main ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VtAW2xXZ9nE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fIXi6htqLDk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'll play Destiny as my go-to grind game until MHW. They're nothing alike but I just want mindless grinding.

why is that cat holding a sausage

Does anyone else think the greatsword moveset looks too strong now? The whole thing with the greatsword is high commitment, high reward: you get rewarded for good positioning and good guessing with the highest melee damage in the game. Being able to cancel out of charges with the super-armored shoulder tackle means you've removed the need for commitment. If you fuck up you always have an out now.

My assumption is that the monsters are far more aggressive now. And given that there's no zones to run to safety anymore, that aggression ain't gonna be easy to shake off. Best way to fight it is to just keep fucking fighting it.

AFAIK you still take the same amount of damage while doing the shoulder charge, and at the end of it the monster got out of the way anyway (assuming he attacked you). So you still get hit and miss your charged attack, but you won't get knocked back.

Most weapons got amazing QoL improvements (especially the GL, oh my god) so this GS shoulder charge is pretty in-line with the others. We still don't know the balance of this game, the monsters might be more fierce than before. Every Demo we've seen has had recuded difficulty (which can mean a plethora of things including less monster aggressiveness)

You can still just run away. You don't need the zone, you've got all kinds of environmental shenanigans and mobility. Hell, a lot of monsters can't even climb.

Running away isn't much of a consideration. End-game fights in previous games were always in one-area arenas anyway.

Maybe the full game will be way harder and it'll justify the better moveset, but even then, I don't like the idea. It's a change that de-emphasizes the most important skills in using the greatsword.

And the quick-reload on the GL now reloads all ammo instea of just 1 shot, you only need the full reload to get your explosive spike back.
LBG/HBG can walk while shooting
So on and so forth

The power level of nearly every weapon is increasing. I don't think they'd do that for no reason

pretty much this. only 3 days left now, can't wait

I'm fine with the movesets getting better. For example, the final charge on the greatsword is a great change. But that's a change that plays into the core concepts of the weapon, because you can get even bigger risk with even bigger reward if you're really on-point with your timing.

The problem I have with the shoulder charge is that is that it increases the strength of the weapon by mitigating one of its unique aspects, the vulnerability and risk associated with holding charge.

This game is coming to Switch, right?

Getting Destiny 2, anyone see that trophy list by the way? It looks really easy to platinum and no bronze trophies. I'll main charge blade for MHW.

Everyones moveset got a powerboost.

>Who can't wait for this amazing game?
Me, absolutely stoked

>What are you playing to kill time until then?
I've bought into the hype so much that every other game seems bleak. It cannot release soon enough. Been playing Enter the Gungeon
>which weapon will you start with / main ?
Insect Glaive my dude

Can I have Dragon's Dogma 2 instead

Switch is the one major console it's not going to be on m8

Not on a level as ridiculous as greatsword

chance is they'll touch up the MVs to not make it as dumb as it looks but it still goes against what the weapon used to be

no

Capcom are doing their very best to make Dragons hunter world

Lost Dragons Hunter World.

Why not both?

>major
heh

>heh
I know, I know, I just didn't want to confuse the poor man since the most recent ones were released on 3ds, thus the distinction

>Switch
>major console

If Dragon's Dogma 2 ever happens I hope it takes a few hints from MonHan. Dragon's Dogma would have been so much better if it used gear-based progression instead of character and vocation levels. Also, next time have some more fun with making classes, I want to see a Fist-Fighter that is built off the massively underused grappling mechanics and a mage class that uses two-handed weapons

Aren't some devs from DD working on MHW? Could someone confirm that?

No, MHW isn't Itsuno's game. The proper Monster Hunter games are normally headed by Fujioka while Ichinose handles spin-off titles

Never, it won't live up to the massive hype around here

All the stuff I've seen recently has been a relief, looks really promising.

Maybe buying XX for the switch but not sure yet, getting Stories for sure. Aside from that probably Splatoon2 and Project Diva Arcade: FT to pass the time.

>which weapon will you start with / main?
Hunting Horn as always, GS and Hammer for when I don't want to deal with songs.

why is that cat so sexy?

Because you want to fuck animals. That cat is not sexy

quack

>fighting vs. this cunt, still relatively new to the game, fresh character
>run away to sharpen, he starts honking
>what the fuck, I bet he's buffing
>moment later
>rathalos shows up
>mfw

>people saying they're going to buy destiny in this thread
Don't join my hunts you fucking retards.

>playing pubs

I just want the time to fly somehow.

>Playing coop

Carry on, fellow smashing bard.

I honestly have 0 experience with HH but the big numbers and free flashing caught my attention.

how good are they if you solo stuff? I currently use bows because I like not getting hit.

But coop with friends is really fun, user

I'm going to join your hunts anyway
and buy destiny, and the season pass

Dont forget about Deep Down
LAUNCH TITLE

I, too, will play destiny.

"buy" is the wrong word buddy, as all of us pre-ordered it long ago, probably for $100 with the season pass :^)

I got MH stories and Metroid to play next month. After that who knows.

Weapon: probably bowgun or bow. I enjoy coverage and status effects.

GS is one of the safest weapons in the game in terms of high damage while not having to commit. You can beat monsters with hit and run tactics and still outdamage weapons like LS, SnS, and SA which actually do have to commit to deal damage.

I'm not saying GS doesn't have a skillcap, but saying that it has to commit to deal optimal damage is wrong. Once you have the basics of the game down its not hard at all, especially with skills like fast charge. If things are going bad, you can even block while your weapon is sheathed. GS is one of the safest weapons in the game, along with SnS. However, unlike SnS it comes with good range and high damage per hit.

GS users don't even have to worry about shit like bringing different elements/status for a hunt. You don't even need skills like evasion. It's almost as if the game was tailored for the Greatsword.

Try solo'ing the entire game with DBs, SA, or LS and then you will know the meaning of high commitment to deal damage.

Pretty slow solo. If you're going to play HH I would recommend only using for online.

Shoulder tackle cancelling means you're not doing dps. It's a trade off, instead of whiffing or settling for a lower level charge. It'll be nice for those monsters that have a 50/50 attack pattern and you guessed wrong, but other than that it seems to encourage paying attention rather than playing chicken with your lvl 3's.

GS is fairly low commitment to be honest though

HH is fine if you're aggressive. It's not overly complex, and it can have bad dps if you don't have the armor skills to push it to max. Other than that, I think it's one of those weapons that really shines with evasion +1 (outside of MHX/XX). It's not mandatory but it's excellent for sticking to the monster like glue. A good HH will outdps a mediocre player in a "superior" weapon class. Practice against dromes to get a feel for how mobile HH can be, and to figure out how positioning and left/right swings are key

>playing multi for the fun
>not for faster farm

DON'T SEXUALIZE THE CAT

I'm suffering
MH4U
>Also, which weapon will you start with / main ?
Sticking with GL until the day I die

What's your go-to MH game, anons?
I always get nostalgic over P3rd and 3U and always end up going back to them, 3U for the online and the feel of helping someone new to the series.

HH feels weird as fuck because of the seemingly weird animation trajectories and how they make your character move.

Give it some time though and it feels ridiculously fluid. Really fun solo.

Are cats returning?

I mean playable cats of course.

No

>And the quick-reload on the GL now reloads all ammo instea of just 1 shot
Holy fuck I haven't heard of this. Don't know how I feel about that.

wasnt the gunlance completely terrible in the other games though
i havent played so i wouldnt know

>that image
Thank GOD the translation team isn't the Treehouse or one paid for by Nintendo.

Going to get a PS4 for MHW.
Pro for a whopping $400 or a slim?

what will the differences be?

What are these games like?

Between it's underwhelming damage, cumbersome mobility and the shells being a massive hazard for teammates, yeah it's not great.
The heat gauge or whatever from Gen could have helped it if they didn't fuck it up.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU REMIND ME OF THAT
FUCK

It's not as bad as people say. It's perfectly fine in 3U and 4U. Haven't played Gen or XX though.

Other improvements include:
>being able to continue a melee combo after the ground smash (instead of HAVING to shoot all ammo right there and then) that can end with the new exploside spike
>The explosive spike itself, really fun and crazy damage
>Being able to dodge forward for that last bit of distance you wanted
>You can dodge more times than ever before

I think that's it? Not sure. Anyway watch this video if you haven't yet
youtube.com/watch?v=VtAW2xXZ9nE

not even online kuso gaijin

Pro is worth the purchase if you never owned a PS4. Of course it completely depends on how much you value the $100 difference.
Arekkz said MHW actually gets higher FPS on Pro (he mentioned 60fps) while the standard PS4 gets a solid 30fps. But outside of that one video I don't know another source, haven't looked really.

Boss-rush co-op game with gathering and crafting.

Here's another reminder

I'm still hoping they're gonna reveal it again one day. They put a decent amount of work into it. It'd be a shame to see it go to waste.

WOAH where did that gameplay footage come from? I remember a long demo with a spear but no SnS with mimic chests holy shit

ITS DEAD ISN'T IT

Either dev hell or ded

It's dead Jim, DEAD!

Gameplay comes from livestreams they did a while back.

>I remember a long demo with a spear but no SnS with mimic chests holy shit
oh didn't read that part. Probably from one of the handful of trailers

Any news on when the PC version will drop? Really don't want to buy a ps4 when I already have a kickass PC to literally play one game.

This. I hope the wait for the PC port isn't a month long like destiny also.

Sonybabs need a Casual Furry Dark Souls to hold them over because they can't handle gory, cussing and overall trippy-ness of Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes. The absolute city.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fIXi6htqLDk

shitpostkun pls go

No news. Could be 2, 3, 6 months or a year for all we know.

Personally I won't buy the PC version even though mine is perfectly capable of running it because [by order of importance]:
-Delayed release (this one's obvious enough)
-No influx of japanese players to offset the French, 2nd and 3rd world players on the global server
-Made and published by a Japanese company. I doubt anti-cheat protections will be either good or quick to come/resolve. This is an even bigger issue considering the second point and the history of PC gamers on japanese online games, namely DarkSouls where even popular streamers that influence the 14yo's open CheatEngine on stream as if it was the natural thing to do
-PS4 will get exclusive content, no matter how small or irrelevant I don't want to miss it. I always liked the little armors and silly quests from Sony/Nintendo events on previous MonHun games

>I want to see a Fist-Fighter that is built off the massively underused grappling mechanics
You mean, the Alchemist from DDO?

YES

This guy gets it. I'm an idiot and I'm doubledipping on both. PS4 first, then PC when they come out. I just can't wait. Someone save my wallet from me.

I don't really care about cheating in mh, because it's not a competitive game so people barely do it. Also is there any proof mh will get exclusive content on ps4?

> Someone save my wallet from me.
I'll help don't buy the PC version.

But all my friends on both are going PC.

Threaten them that you'll stop sucking them off if they buy PC.

We both know that's a threat I can't make good on.

I'm probably going to get it on PC as long as it supports controllers. In the meantime I'm playing MH4U again.

Well then, tell them you'll start using your teeth.

>I don't really care about cheating in mh, because it's not a competitive game so people barely do it
You must be new. Do you know what PSO is? It's a lobby-based 4-played co-op game just like MonHun (btw MHW will have 16 player lobbies, that only increases the chances and gives hackers better grieffing clips for their Pro youtube channel with 8 subs)
And it directly affects you if you ever play with randoms. If there's cheating you'll get a guy with the best armor and weapons of the game killing the monster in 30seconds, ruining your experience (or worse, he just uses a cheat that instantly kills the monster or simply wants to troll people in random lobbies).

In PSO you could even PK other players and steal their hard-earned gear, or dupe items which ruined the game even thought there's no economy, it simply decreases the value of any item. You don't know it that person went thrrough the trouble you did to get X item because he might've instantly spawned it, it kind of ruins the mood. I think there was a hacker in DarkSouls3 that dupped items on other player's worlds and gave them a shit ton of Souls instantly, triggering the "anti-cheat" system and getting those players banned. If the infrastructure has some sort of P2P scriptkiddies can get your IP address and DDOS you for fun, etc etc

A lot of stupid shit can happen even in a co-op game man. You can't possibly be that naive.

>Also is there any proof mh will get exclusive content on ps4?
copy/paste the last 7 words on that sentence into google and you'll get your answer.

MH doesn't have any trading so I don't care about the value of items.

If I get in a lobby with someone who's pulling that shit, I'll kick them if I'm hosting, or I'll leave.

I'm having fun with MHXX on Switch more desu.

What hype? I think people just want DD not to be dead.

That's cool but that never happened to me in PSO2 or Monster Hunter Online or basically any game with a PVE focus. I guess you can just keep going around fear mongering about the PC version every single day over and over again like you usually do.

>I'm having more fun with the game that's released than the one that isn't released
Who would have thought?

Only as Palicos and only in this time.

Unfortunately Prowlers/Nyanters are exclusive to XX much like the styles.

Should have added them like a weapon and would help a lot with noobs as they are beginner friendly