Apparently some journalists who have been sent review copies of this are struggling to get past the first level

Apparently some journalists who have been sent review copies of this are struggling to get past the first level.

I have a feeling that there will be an emergency patch before launch lowering the difficulty considerably.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=848Y1Uu5Htk
crime.about.com/od/serial/a/psychopaths.htm
wikihow.com/Identify-a-Psychopath
twitter.com/deantak/status/904145596323217408
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck reviewers , let it release it in state and it will become dark souls of platformers

Is this the Dark Souls of retro shit sidescrollers?

Nah, reviewers will just praise its difficulty and call it the Dark Souls of platformers.

has anyone said "dark souls of platformers" yet

The guy who didn't almost get through tutorial said something like "mario meets dark souls" in one of his tweets if I remember correctly

I can almost see the opposite effect happening. People will complain that it's too easy because they were let to believe that it was "the dark souls equivalent" by shitty news outlets. People will complain, and the'll release a patch with an even higher difficulty.

>game is going for an old school vibe
>Plays like an old school side scrolling shooter
>Oh mommy, it's too hard
>Le Dark Souls of platformers

G-guys, please, I'm gonna buy your game.
I already wanted to buy it last year.

Please, stop shilling, I'm imploring you.

I already feel like this game is goin to be underrated after all the early hate.

So fucking what? It was always known that "game journalist" are the biggest scum of game industry together with "let's players"

>Scalebound died for this pretentious wankfest
Kill me.

It's not unusual for video game journalists to be bad at video games or to spend five minutes with it and base their opinion on that.

>Cuphead
>Pretentious
You shouldn't use words if you don't know what they mean.

HAHA DARK SOULS THIS DARK SOULS THAT

Are Waffles the DARK SOULS of breakfast food items?

Is Whiskey the DARK SOULS of alcohol?

Is having SEX the DARK SOULS of daily life?

Because Dark Souls is SO HAAARD HAHAHAHAHA EVERYONE CAN RELATE

Post the video or webm of that incompetent fuck who got stuck in the tutorial.

>mfw I can already hear people saying that unironically

>Muh retro cartoon style graphics while having barely having idea about gameplay concepts.
Kill me, i just don't care at this point.

Bro chill the fuck out

It's true. I'm playing it right now. Now I'm no slouch at video games - just the other day I beat Life is Strange - but this game is hard.

I think it's the same guy who spent almost 30 mins on the first level before giving up.

IGN journalist also said that they barely beat the first level kek

Making it through this post was literally the Dark Souls of reading internet forum posts.

Don't some games these days give reviewers piss easy version? There was some fps where enemies in the review build did half the normal damage iirc. Could do something like that so polygon can beat it

It's a run and gun, a game genre that has been around for years. Clearly more years than you've been alive.

original video

>missed the literal first jump in the game 23 times

Much appreciated. That was painful.

Who is this? This is amazing

Okay, look, I get that you basically put yourselves in the poor house developing this game and you desperately need it to be a big success to put your lives back on track, but please, enough shilling.

this game will only be fun with a friend difficulty aside
tell me it has online co op

Is this what being triggered feels like? I am in PHYSICAL and MENTAL anguish right now

>s are struggling to get past the first level.
Why are they even allowed to do a review?

It will get fucking eviscerated in reviews, see: Rain World

That's not being pretentious you absolute mouth-breathing Amerifat

Makes me think of Metal Slug, I'm sold.

"I didn’t realize for quite a long time that you don’t accomplish anything by jumping on top of an enemy, like in the Mario games. Rather, you lose a life."

Something something definition of insanity.

stop trying to make that video into a meme

i'm still trying to forget

And we have 26 days left...

It doesn't, believe it not. Only local co-op. Seems like a really dumb decision to me.

>sex is the dark souls of life
only for men tho

And there's a reason why they were only popular during the NES era, when gameplay in general hadn't been fleshed out, yet.

>Crash NSane Trilogy comes out
>"The Dark Souls of platformers"
>Sonic Mania comes out
>"The Dark Souls of Sonic games"
>Cuphead will finally come out
>"The Dark Souls of Contra"

When will this meme end? Why are these people so bad? Did they not play any video games at all before they started writing about them?

Not at launch. It will be implemented in the future.

>difficulty too high
>no allowed in 2017
>we'll never have difficulty from 80s/90s ever again...

Anything difficult that isn't "Soulsian" reviewers hate.

Patrick Klepkek coined that term btw

"Dark Souls of" is the new "like Skyrim with".

Did the devs actually say that or are you just speculating?

Because women don't have to do anything to get sex, huh?

But the game looks laughably easy from gameplay videos to the point where I'm not even sure if I want to play it anymore.

From his article:
>Of course, I expect the final game to have a lot more emphasis on gameplay over story, as the designers of the game — Chad and Jared Moldenhauer — are known for that style with their previous game, Super Meat Boy, from 2010.

I clearly remember they said that, probably on twitter or an interview.

wow....so hard

Just feels like they consider namedropping one of the more notorious games in recent history a fail proof way of getting views. It's essentially a clickbaiting technique.

>Did they not play any video games at all before they started writing about them?

No, most game journos are failed english/journalism majors who only have a passive knowledge of games

My dick is the dark souls of my boxers. Get it? Because it's so hard, haha...

Wait, I've been off the internet for a few weeks,
Did people really complain about Sonic Mania's difficulty, that game was piss easy.

How did this shit even start? I don't ever remember this "the Dark Souls of ______" when Dark Souls was at its most relevant, it seems so recent to me.

My dick is the Dark Souls of penises because no one has ever beat it (except me)
H-haha

Didn´t work for Donkey Kong

they all got stuck on oil ocean act 2

Who's playing, a retarded gibbon?

This isn't what pretentious means.

Super Meatboy has

I thought this game was a boss rush not level based

Online coop will be added later according to twitter.

Guess we'd better add "Dark Souls of Run & Gun games" the the list.

It was originally a boss rush, then people complained about it only being a boss rush, so they added actual levels to it as well, thus the delay.

>playing on easy & Normal mode
LMAO

To be fair to games journalists I guess if you have to review 3 or 4 different games that month, as well as likely play a game or 2 of your own choosing in your free time, you don't really have the time to gitgud for any of them.

>Dragon's Dogma - The Dark Souls of Fantasy RPGs

You know, I always thought Dark Souls was the Dark Souls of Fantasy RPGs.

>(not the beer)
Who thinks that way

To be fair, the tutorial isn't intuitive at all. I have a legitimate 136 WAIS-IV IQ, and it took me 1 minute to figure out that you had to jump and dash. He was probably overcomplicating in his head, like I was.

That's one of the major faults of being intelligent.

That's gay I was hyped for the shadow of the colossus of platformers

Sure, but when the gameplay mechanics are presented clearly to the player as is the case in this tutorial and when so many games share similar mechanics, they should be able to play it at a competent level at the very least.

It's like that Polygon Doom video. I don't expect him to be a master of the gameplay in however long he had to play it, but I do at the least expect him to be able to fucking shoot straight.

It astounds me that someone can have a job where playing video games is an integral part of the job and still be as terrible at games as someone who literally never touched a video game before.
Did he somehow manage to cover video games for 18 years without ever playing one?

Well sucks for you, Now its the Dark Souls of the Megaman of the Contra of Run N' Gun Platformers

I only wish people with over 110 IQ were game reviewers and journalists

:)

Crash remake

It's called aging.

Why is Sup Forums so absolutely inept?

>SMTIV
>The Dark Souls of """"""""""""""Persona""""""""""""""" Games

Dark Souls 2

>Apparently some journalists who have been sent review copies of this are struggling to get past the first level.
REMINDER: THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT GET PAID TO REVIEW VIDEO GAMES.

Imagine being a 'game journalist' and have never played a Megaman game

Fuck emasculated deranged degenerate libshit commie sjw lgbt femen nu-male cuck millenials, especially their "journalists" lot up the ass without lube with a barbwired baseball bat.
They are the true subhumans and the generation that killed and destroyed the west. God damn special snowflake fruitfaggots.
They all need to be holocausted to the very last one of them.

Kuchera and his buttfuck buddies from Kotaku, Rock Paper Shotgun writing for the gaming "press" are just destructive, mentally ill fucks:

crime.about.com/od/serial/a/psychopaths.htm

wikihow.com/Identify-a-Psychopath

Now compare how many of those points apply to each one of those
TL;DR video game "journalists" are legit psychopaths who need to be systematically publicly executed.

Kek

Why do people lie about having IQs in the high 130s? It's not very smart. Mine is in the 140s, and I still feel average. Most of my friends fall in the 140-160 range, anyway.

>Lets try the same thing over and over again and not bother reading the tutorial text

DAILY REMINDER HE IS GETTING TRIGGERED ON HIS TWITTER OVER THIS

twitter.com/deantak/status/904145596323217408

>tfw to intelligent to suceed

>mfw

This is not called aging. This is called "first time playing video games and extraordinarily bad at it" alternatively if you've been playing video games for 18 years it's called "degenerative demenia in its final stages".

>You are correct. It is somewhere between Mario and Dark Souls
WHAT DOES THIS EVEN MEAN

Why does he just fucking walk into them? Why does he jumps on them? Why does he apparently think he has double jump?

Fucking hell, I'm actually triggered.

Why do people lie about having IQs in the high 140s? It's not very smart. Mine is in the 180s, and I still feel average. Most of my friends fall in the 240-260 range, anyway.