Can i git gud?

I have a dilema Sup Forums. Bloodborne is only 8 dollars now on ps4, and i want it. The oy problem is, to put it simply, im bad. Ive only played a little of ds2 and i got my ass handed to me. So is it worth buying?

Are you me? I only have DS2 on PS3 and was shit at it (seemed cool I was just terrible), but just got Bloodborne for PS4 for $8 because everyone said it was cool. I swear to fuck if Sup Forums lied to me again...

Have you played it yet? I need to know if its possible for me to play

Yes, the whole point of the series is to get your ass handed to you because almost all of us have been having our hands held and mindlessly button mashing our way through video games since the GCN/PS2/Xbox.

I spent an entire day getting through the undead burg of DS1 and am extremely grateful for it. Be patient and just fucking do it

Is bloodborne a good intro to the franchise?

Still downloading it user, almost to the point where I can start but doubt I can give you much info before this thread is gone. Been watching some YouTube vids and feel like it'll be worth, guess I'll see. If not, better $8 than $60.

I actually haven't played BB yet, just DS 1 and 2. I hear bloodborne has a more offensive faster paced combat system, so it might actually be good for the "modern gamer" that kind of has been trained to play offensively and mash gun shots/dodge rolls.

But it might also be harder. Could go either way

DaS2 is the hardest soul game but bloodborne is different is way faster you may like it.

Yes.
Even if you are garbage the game will burn that out of you fast.

True, true. See ya later

More you play better you'll get. super worth at $8. don't let the "dark souls is only for hardcore 1337 gamerz" meme throw you off. Anyone can get better. figuring out when to dodge and learning the rhythm of the combat against differently patterned bosses and enemies is what the game comes down to. You have a lot of options to choose from when engaging enemies, experiment and find what works, and most of all what's fun for you.

It was $40 on release not $60

Really? Why, it's not really a budget game, right?

>DaS2 is the hardest soul game
not even close

Opening area of Bloodborne is best opening area of the souls games

I don't think from has released a souls game more expensive than $50 on release, they're just cool guys?

This

DaS2 is just harder to play
Be it due to shit enemy design, supremely RPG mechanics barring your progress, or just overall annoying encounters, it's just overall harder
That doesn't make it better or worse, before the autists come out

BB is a lot easier and manageable to play overall

BB is harder than souls imo becaise you can't just hold your shield up and circle strafe. That said, stam usage is more lenient in bb so you can dodge and hit alot more before stam runs out. Plus you can parry from a distance with a pistol, then run up for a sneak attack, where as in souls you can only parry from up close so if you fuck up you're getting punished bad.

Who cares if you're bad? Seriously.

Just avoid Dark Souls 3 and you'll be fine.

bloodborne is easier because it's more aggressive than patient
it's the actioniest of these action rpgs

When will this fucking meme end.

These games arent hard you are just playing like a fucking retard.

I'd say Bloodborne is easier overall however I think for those that are new to the series it may feel overwhelmingly difficult. The biggest gripes with the beginning of the game come from: Blood Vial Farming, Father Gascoigne, Blood-Starved Beast.

In Bloodborne a good offence is the best defence.

In Dark Souls, you pretty much never need to mix your moves up (spam that R1 like a mofo) except when to parry.
Dodge. Wait till opening, whack. whack whack dead.
Or Dodge, dodge, run in, parry, whack whack dead.

And I say this as a big fan of the series.

But in Bloodborne each mob seems to be tailored to a particular part of each weapons moveset. Sometimes you need to open with a charged R2, sometimes a regular R2, or a couple of R1s and a dodge.

Its a bit more forgiving against mobs, but less so with bosses. Dark Souls is the other way around I feel.

>Bloodborne is on sale
>But the Old Huners isn't

Do you fucking underage faggots think you'll be proficient at the game right after picking it up?

You fuckers will put no real effort into anything and then whine how you're bad at it, well no fucking wonder.

Failing is normal, learn from your mistakes, learn the enemy movements, it's normal to fail (die) many times learning something. Even when you feel there is absolutely no way you're gonna beat this boss/miniboss/strong enemy, keep at it, you definitely can do it.

Bloodborne, Dark Souls and Demons souls are all good places to start. Skip DaS2 and 3 unless you really like DaS and reeeally want more. Even then, I advise you to skip DaS2, for it is absolute trash.

Oh come on, it's not that bad. It's worth at least one playthrough.