Where does the NieR series go from here?

Where does the NieR series go from here?

If anything, something with the machines coping with not being on the same network anymore. I really don't think there should be another nier though.

Hopefully Square Enix makes all future games, and start forgetting that Yoko Ono Taro even exists. We might get a fantastic game next time.

More collabs

They're going to milk it like Final Fantasy.

right into the trash

someone spoonfeed me for a second without spoiling anything. is this game worth buying? i've never played a nier game and i don't really know what to expect but i'm interested and i've heard good things about it from Sup Forums.

To oblivion

>Where does the NieR series go from here?

Nier Automata circles into Drakengard 3.

The Ark is unironically the Cathedral from DoD 3

Do you like jap games? (you should) Then yes

Hopefully Taro will just end Nier series here, thematically Automata was a direct follow-up of some Nier 1's themes and led them to a satisfying conclusion.
I'd rather see new series or another Drakengard entry.

Holy shit

Yes

Wherever Taro's crazy mind takes it. Maybe he'll work with Platinum again, they seem to have really hit it off. If anything we'll go like 10,000 years into the future again.

It's not a game for everyone. The focus is on the story and characters not gameplay, and it can get monotonous. If you can tolerate Japanese weirdness and character design then you might stomach it. For me it's a GOTY contender but I'm biased being a Taro fan.

>Her ass is bigger than 2B's

Personally i think that another Nier shouldn't focus on the characters of Automata, rather it should replicate the approach from Replicant/Gestalt to Automata. Have the game take place centuries after the events of Automata, and shape the world to be based on events from previous games. Perhaps even reintroduce the Red Eye and the Legion. All and all, i believe that Yoko Taro will make fantastic choices with what ever direction he takes the series.

you mean the tower
the ark is never seen up close

Ideally less fanservice and talking and more gameplay

Realistically, the opposite

VR 2B spinoff where I can spend time with her

if you want to dash and chain combos in an open-ish world with bullet hell bosses and bizarre galaga/asteroid minigames as a qt waifu then buy it

except it runs like a pregnant landwhale on my PC so the combined pressure of this game and bloodborne are probably going to force me to buy a PS4

REQUESTING EVIDENCE

Stop posting 9S.

End it before it starts to get milked and turns shit. Either that or Drakengard 4

>nier autoundertale

It should end here and Taro should work on something completely fresh. Avoid being a Kojima.
Also quick question: Why is Taro cursed with bad gameplay? He even had fucking Platinum developing this game and even they couldn't make the game have good gameplay. The story and characters of Taro games are always great, but they are plagued with shit gameplay so I usually overall dislike them.

into the trash bin

ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY SEVEN KILOGRAMS OF PUSSY AND ASS

I wouldn't say the gameplay was bad, I think the biggest problem was just really uninteresting enemies, especially bosses. Mechanically, the combat wasn't Platinum's best, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

The same thing Automata did after NieR. Make a completely new setting and characters, and self contained story and tie it to it's predecessors tangentially.

While Taro is a good writer and overall designer I think he has problems with minute details of the gameplay. He has good overall ideas (such as blending bullet hell elements into gameplay) but can't really find that 'goodfeel' of action games. It could also be that the team he was working with wasn't really that good

not too shabby

>W: 61 cm
>H: 94 cm

I'm glad her model got ported.

Is this yuri?

Japanese comic industry

how distasteful

>but can't really find that 'goodfeel' of action games
Taro wasn't involved in the combat design to that extent, that was all Platinum

downhill

Yeah which is why Automata finally has gameplay that might be more than just "servicable" - I think he just relayed his general ideas to the designers and let them do their work while he focused on writing/other areas.

>He even had fucking Platinum developing this game and even they couldn't make the game have good gameplay.
You say this like Platinum normally makes good gameplay.

Taro always goes out of his way to make the combat worse than it originally is.

More ass.
More /ss/.

No males
yuri
better battle system
IN SPACE

And 9s needs a bigger ass

Taro is his first name. Just saying.

And?

No shit

>that font

Bro space adventure with Adam, Eve and 9S.

Whoa sorry, can't believe I'm being this impolite! S-sumimasen deshita, Yoko-dono! Fuck off.

an action RPG with a neolithic high fantasy setting where people travel to outer space and build stuff using magic
then at the end we find out the story takes place millions of years in the future in a distant galaxy and the "magic" is actually reverse engineered technology from adam and eve's bodies

who cares, I won't have any money left after buying the dolls

And you thought it was his surname

>merely pretending
lol

I have never played a japanese game other than the souls series, and i liked it a lot. Fuck the E ending without the steam help though, couldn't beat that shit alone

What the fuck is your point?

makes sense

er, no it doesn't

>Where does the NieR series go from here?

Hopefully nowhere, considering how predictable and boring automata was.

Most of what made the original good was that it was unexpected and really original. They couldn't capture that magic a second time and they won't be able to capture it ever again if they continue pretending that nier has the potential to be a series.

Too much of a brainlet to figure it out?

I feel like Earth's story has kind of run its course, but I also feel like Taro's expected to keep going with the Taroverse timeline.

So, another time-jump to the point where life on Earth has basically rebooted? Either involving androids so advanced that they can't be distinguished from humans, or the human data on the moon has somehow been used to successfully resurrect a trace of humanity.

>Either involving androids so advanced that they can't be distinguished from humans

like the androids in automata weren't already indistinguishable from humans

Yes.

>technology on Earth traveled to the past of an alternate dimension, making it possible for that technology to be made in the first place
I really hate time travel paradox stories that create something from nothing like that, but with Accord, I guess any of that crap is possible.

>the call that saved YoRHa

Yeah, but they're not really a society yet. They've never had the chance to really create something for themselves beyond the endless war.

2B => To Be
A2 => Hate
9S => ???

Oh, so you are just shitposting. Please use the ebin image of not-Taro wearing a mask when you do so next time.

Nines

i want her to sit on my face and crush my head with her buttocks, i can then truly live.

>not-Yoko wearing a mask
ah I see you're a man of shitpost as well