It's been 10 years

>it's been 10 years
>It's still over
youtu.be/zgqz8Je7P0s

Kind of sad, kind of glad.
I wouldn't mind if they considered update the first two games a bit, just port them to better performing engines, but we got our closure and I hope they don't get weird ideas.

Werent they making a spinoff

For the first one I agree, second one I do not. Second one looks better than 3 in many ways

the series actually ended 18 years ago with the release of LotL

yeah a shitty card game

I wish it had ended sooner. Watching them begin the transformation to Bioware is painful.

>closure
What closure? TW3 is full of plot holes.

They'll have a shitty Witcher 4 announcement in a year or two don't worry.

m8 plz.

Second one IS better than 3 in many ways. They sold out.

TW2 was a worthy sequel to the books. TW1 was comfy but fanservicey. TW3 was a disappointment.

Lighting is better in TW2, art design is better as well, animations and faces are worse.

thank you geraldo ;_;

>They'll have a shitty Witcher 4 announcement in a year or two don't worry.
Only if cyberpunk flops horribly and they need easy money to get back on their feet.

>What closure? TW3 is full of plot holes.
Arguable, but it definitely doesn't end on a cliffhanger. In fact Blood and Wine is one of the biggest anti-cliffhangers I've seen in recent memory, and as far as Geralt is concerned you do get closure.

>people will actually thank them for allowing them to give them money
>all over a Bioware tier fanservice clip

I don't blame you CDPR. But the series is based on plagiarism.

Elric sends his regards.

>In fact Blood and Wine is one of the biggest anti-cliffhangers I've seen in recent memory, and as far as Geralt is concerned you do get closure.
Blood and Wine was insulting.

>They'll have a shitty Witcher 4 announcement in a year or two don't worry.
Delicious butthurt but there won't be any TW4

Cyberpunk 2077 won't be even out in next 2 years

I said performance. You can get the game to run smoothly for the most part, but I recall vividly some parts of the game being jittery regardless, and the interface wasn't terribly smooth either.

Ultimately, Dragon Age won.
It came out earlier as a series, sold more as a series, and will last longer as a series.
I think its combined critics score is higher also.

Cringe

>couldn't even get the lawsuit to go anywhere
I think Moorcock might be the only more JUST'D fantasy writer than Sapkowski

>Delicious butthurt but there won't be any TW4
Yeah companies hate sequels that would print money. CDPR would never compromise their artistic integrity anyway, right/

Yeah I'm still mad about that. The announcement of no enhanced edition and no redkit were a sucker punch to the gut, too. Add to that the nonsensical leveling of the world and quests, the retarded level distribution and total lack of organization of loot, overpowered and grindy crafting system, and almost total lack of visual exposition in the landscape and there were a lot of things about the Witcher 3 that I hated. I still liked the game and the story and the side quests but I can't even play the game vanilla and honestly fuck doing any exploring outside of quests

>There will never be anymore more Witcher games with Geraldo of Rivera

Will Cyberpunk be able to capture my heart like Witcher did

No matter who won, we lost. PC gaming is dead. CRPGs are dead. it's ogre

>muh elric

Fuck off, I mean it's obvious author read that shit and took some inspiration from main character but that's fucking it

>>couldn't even get the lawsuit to go anywhere
He just didn't bother doing it. He had a stronger case against GW and didn't pursue that, remember?

That unironically made me feel

Isnt vesemir dead?

I know that feel bro. Our fault for getting blindly invested in the series in the first place though.

As opposed to most AAA companies flat out ignoring 10th anniversaries? Valve didn't care, Bethesda didn't care.

We all know that you have a hate boner for CDPR, TheBull94, but this video was a nice gesture wherever you like it or not.

And the fucker just will not own up to it.
Neither will the fanbase. That's the difference between GRRM and Neil Gaiman with Sapkowski.

Acknowledgement and respect.

Truly he is geralt of Feelia

I get that you just want an excuse to bitch and whine, but I'm still talking about closure, not quality.

I mean if they just made a Witcher game it would have been sweet. Everything that came with turning it open world made it go to shit and it didn't have to

>As opposed to most AAA companies flat out ignoring 10th anniversaries? Valve didn't care, Bethesda didn't care.
Yeah they're very clever. Minimal cost to them and makes them seem like they're the bro of all bros all while doing the same shit everyone else does. meanwhile still no redkit, no linux version, game is desperately in need of an enhanced edition that will never come, and all future games are guaranteed to be soulless open world trash designed for the worst performing console they launch on.

>We all know that you have a hate boner for CDPR, TheBull94,
I laughed at him too but he was right in a lot of ways.

>CRPGs are dead
>two weeks until Divinity Original Sin 2 releases
>new Pillars of Eternity game
>Shadowrun series successfully rebooted, more games to come
>Expeditions series produced two great games, recently the Vikings one
>Underrail better than expected, more expansions soon

Blood and wine is one of the best parts of the entire series and in my opinion way better than the linear as shit hearts of stone

The nickname was obviously an homage, what's the problem?

Can't have closure with massive dangling plot threads.

user, we will get C2077 in like early 2020, even if they would start working at next Witcher then it would take another 5-6 years, no one in 2026 will give a fuck about Geralt

Normal company would like to smash this hot shit as fast as possible to get $$$

>Elric still hasn't gotten his own vidya, film or tv adaptations.

Think of the possibilities.
Stormbringer being best sword. Wasting demons and fucking dragon waifus left and right.
Like Berserk on bath salts.

That and wanting the console audience. And the Biowareification of the script.

Pillars of Eternity is coming to console the first marks of the end are upon us

>user, we will get C2077 in like early 2020

More like exactly one year from now.

I'd say it's going to be a whole different animal from Witcher. Expect nothing.

>Blood and wine is one of the best parts of the entire series
t. my first game was TW3

Biodrones never die, they just jump to new franchises

>we will get C2077
I have yet to see any evidence that game even exists tbqh

>The nickname was obviously an homage, what's the problem?
That he has NEVER admitted this. Neither will the fanbase.

My first game was the Witcher 1 in 2007 you fucking pleb.

Will they do an enhanced edition for TW3?

All open world ARPGs are the same these days

Good. You need to know when to end shit despite fans and probably share holders clamoring for more.

Do I count as part of the fanbase because I just admitted it.

No it doesn't need an enhanced edition they already added all the waifu dialogue you need famalam

They are making a ps4pro and xbonex enhancement, but it'll just have more PC features enabled and still run at 30fps

We'll never get proper lighting, draw distance, or textures for PC because cdpr is lazy

user, do I really have to bust out this old pasta for you?

Fucking Sup Forums

Every company wants money. They always do what they do for money. Be them EA, Ubisoft, Valve, CDPR, or anyone else, they want your money.

But, they search for said money in different ways. Some companies simply look for short-term profits and rape the fuck out of their fanbase to extract as much money as they can before the fanbase gets sick of it. EA is one such company, who buys out existing titles, exploits the fuck out of them until they can't be exploited anymore, then shuts them down. Activision rehashes and rehashes and rehashes to exploit brand names as much as possible.

Other companies who look into the long-term and want more stability try to get money by building a good reputation and with it a very loyal fanbase, and usually pander to niche markets. CDPR is one such example.

Reacting to CDPR's stance on DRM and piracy with "YOU'RE JUST PRETENDING TO BE NICE TO PANDER TO ME, YOU'RE NOT GONNA FOOL ME WITH YOUR MARKETING TRICKS!" is fucking retarded. Yes of course they want money, they have owners and investors who want profits, they have workers to pay, and they have to pay for the costs of producing games. And yes of course they have this cool image and decent views on piracy because they want to pander to smarter games and build a loyal fanbase, with the intent of getting money.

But they are trying to make money the RIGHT way, by offering a good service to their customers rather than exploiting them for short-term gain. Hating on companies that try to make money the RIGHT way by crying "It's just a marketing scheeme!" is just going to stimulate more shit companies to enter the market, you dumbasses.

Holy fuck Sup Forums, you can get fucking retarded at times.

Anyone that doesn't think TW4 will start development within the next two years is an idiot.

I'd play the game on the fucking TW2 engine if they'd just make the story make sense.

The Witcher 1 was full of walking all the way across town to speak to one NPC, get 4 lines out of them, then walk all the way to the other way of town, get 4 more lines from a different NPC, then go across town AGAIN, get on a boat, walk across the swamp, get 4 lines from an NPC there, and then return to the first town.

There was so FUCKING much empty walking around empty uninteractive areas, with no random encounters or random events occurring like in Elder Scrolls for example.

It had good stuff in it, definitely, but there was so much filler, so much downtime, so much waiting. And you can sperg out how much waiting makes you a pro and wasting time is hardcore as fuck, I disagree. Its not patience, or strategy, or tactic, its like waiting 2 hours in Thief for the guard to switch to his second patrol pastern.

>while doing the same shit everyone else does
I don't see CDPR doing paid mods. Or adding in microtransactions. Or using an employees death to bait people into buying said microtransactions. Or using Denuvo. Or shitting out sequels every year. Or shitting low quality DLCs with high price tags.

CDPR is THE best AAA dev right now, you might not like it but it's true.

>meanwhile still no redkit
It's a shame but then again Witcher games were never meant to be mod sandboxes like Todd's games.

>no linux version
>use a non-mainstream OS (ie anything other than windows)
>be surprised when games don't support it
It's on you buddy.

> game is desperately in need of an enhanced edition that will never come
It already got the enhancements through the numerous patches.

>all future games are guaranteed to be soulless open world trash designed for the worst performing console they launch on.
Well if you say so then it must be so.

They could've released some "Adventures of Geralt" kind of game based on some other book.
I don't think many people would've minded.

>fanservice literal CLIP
>somehow similar to a whole DLC of fanservice that doesn't even fit in the story
exactly the same retard

>Do I count as part of the fanbase because I just admitted it.
You're a rare sight to behold. Good.

CDPR has dropped the act htough. They learned they don't have to do much extra if they just throw in some Bioware Citadel DLC tier winks. They do all the downgrades and broken promises and transparent money grubbing (Gwent anyone?) all the other ones do now. Just because they used to be decent doesn't mean you defend them forever. That's how we got to this point in the first place.

>Ultimately, Dragon Age won.

It's comparative. Who was CDPR compared to Bioware when they started out and who are they know at the end of the trilogy? That's the real state of things.

>Triss by Geralt's side

Based CDPR.

You should have talked to more unnamed NPCs, you actually do encounter random stuff that way. I'm not surprised you didn't because the game doesn't give you any hint that you can get quests that way, but still.

We are getting more Witcher, though. Gwent. They just said GERALT'S story is over. I fully expect more games in the franchise.

>I don't see CDPR doing paid mods. Or adding in microtransactions.
Give it a year.

>CDPR is THE best AAA dev right now, you might not like it but it's true.
Therefore it's fine that they're worse than they used to be, because eveyone else is even more shit? This company doesn't give a shit about you. Why defend it?

>
>no linux version
>use a non-mainstream OS (ie anything other than windows)
>be surprised when games don't support it
It's on you buddy.
They literally said they were going to do one.

Name me a good company.

Made me feel, Blood and Wine final cutscene all over again

I got "random" quests like dog fat for the undertaker or playing dice with the gardener, shit like that.
But 90% of NPCs didn't have that. When you talk to an NPC, chances are they have nothing to say. And then you check again after the plot advances, and they still have nothing to say.
After a time you decide to stop, since the developer clearly didn't go that way.

>They learned they don't have to do much extra if they just throw in some Bioware Citadel DLC tier winks.
Good to know you're basing this on absolutely nothing after Witcher 3's two stellar expansions.

>The horse

>It already got the enhancements through the numerous patches.
The game didn't need more Triss waifu dialogue or meme quests with godlings, it needed a plot that wasn't full of holes.

>Well if you say so then it must be so.
You're just setting yourself up for disappointment user. I was you a couple years ago, just waiting for my bros CDPR to fix their release for free because they love their work right?

I really hope one day they go back to 1 and take it off that shitty aurora engine. Ideally not changing the gameplay, and just trying to fix all the terrible annoying bugs. 1's easily my favorite, but even I can't defend those terrible bugs.

>Implying there wont be a Witcher 4
They'll cave... t...they want it more than me.

>Cyberpunk 2077 won't be even out in next 2 years
Its coming out in either 2018, or early 2019. We already know this, keep up with the news.

>>somehow similar to a whole DLC of fanservice that doesn't even fit in the story
Blood and Wine.

tbqh I'm not sure I count as part of the fanbase anymore. All the ones that hopped aboard for TW3 have very different opinions.

>It came out earlier as a series
m8

This wouldn't be so egregious if this thread wasn't about how old The Witcher is now in this very moment

There are none.

Blood and Wine was shit. TW3's main story was shit.

>Who was CDPR compared to Bioware when they started out and who are they know at the end of the trilogy? That's the real state of things.
It's like poetry

CDPR makes money by working their employees to death and paying them nothing, which allowed them to make a good game on a lower budget.
Bad for the industry, great for players. But it won't last. As they become "bigger" profile, they can't do that anymore, there'd be media backlash on them.

Basically they are getting that growing pain developing nations get, when their people suddenly feel they are middle class and want certain privileges and wages, so the economy can't run on sweatshops anymore.

Does anyone think they'll be a spin off series with Ciri in the future? I think it could be a really cool western take on Ninja Gaiden considering how Ciri can warp fast around people.

Maybe they could show what happened after she went into the portal into the end? I've been fantasizing about her time travelling and working with the old witcher schools. They could have a chapter of her working with the bear,griffin,maticore and wolf schools. I think it could be pretty badass.

Plus you know they'll get SJW bucks since Ciri is actually a likable strong female character

>All the ones that hopped aboard for TW3 have very different opinions.
Then we're back to square one.

Sapkowski is a hack and the Witcher series is plagiarized.

What's this about Gurm and Gaiman?

>Blood and Wine was shit.

That's your opinion, mate. Just know you're in the tiny minority of contrarians.

you are shit

>We are getting more Witcher, though.
Why would you want that? They peaked with the second game. Now the more they do the worse it gets.

Those aren't random quests. I'm talking like the villager in Vizima that's grandma is under control of a fleder and crap like that. Not that your criticisms of TW1 was invalid. I just cut them more slack then because they were tiny and poor.

>terrible bugs
Even on release, the ridiculous loading times were my only technical problem and that got fixed.

You are right, I was counting Neverwinter for some reason.

10/10 based GOAT cast. I love literally everyone in that picture.

>That's your opinion, mate. Just know you're in the tiny minority of contrarians.
I'm not a contrarian, I'm the core fanbase. Or was, before the biodrones took over. Blood and Wine was everything the Witcher games rejected when they first started.

I cringed when he looked right at the camera.

Triss is a thirsty ho and Yen is secure in her relationship

in which order should I play witcher games and dlc

>Therefore it's fine that they're worse than they used to be, because eveyone else is even more shit? This company doesn't give a shit about you. Why defend it?

user you know that you can dislike a game and at the same time it doesn't make the whole company shit, right? You can look at things objectively.

>They literally said they were going to do one.
They literally did not. Care to find me a source where they did? That's what I thought.

>Who was CDPR compared to Bioware when they started out and who are they know at the end of the trilogy?
Jesus Christ, that's depressing when I think about it.

Btw, I will strangle fucking chink Moot for this captcha bullshit.

They definitely want your money more than you

Explain what's so fucking wrong with blood and wine. I don't see it. It very easily could have been a couple chapters of the Witcher 1

>What's this about Gurm and Gaiman?
GRRM based good chunks of ASOIAF on Elric and Moorcock stuff in general(they're good friends) and even threw in a small easter egg in one of the episodes he wrote for GOT.
And Neil Gaiman is a massive fan of Moorcock, saying that Stormbringer is one of the best and most important books he ever read.

>there are none.
what a cheap fucking cop-out, name a company you like who has good business practices so we can compare them to CDPR. You won't because you're a shitposting bitch who's afraid that they're gonna be shit on.

>Sapkowski is a hack and the Witcher series is plagiarized.
I didn't say that, I just said Geralt's nickname is an homage to Elric. The plot and characterization really isn't remotely similar to Elric or any of the Champion Eternal stuff besides nods like that.

Also cost of living in Poland was really low at the time. Also now that they're mainstream and get money from publishers and ocmpanies like Microsoft they're beholden to expectations of their marketing teams. That's why TW3 is the best place to start the series and everything has to be inoffensive and ego stroking. Gamers hate time limits and tough choices, according to market research.

>The plot and characterization really isn't remotely similar to Elric or any of the Champion Eternal stuff besides nods like that.
Except the entire reason why their cosmos exists.

To shit on one company I have to be on the team of another? What a brainwashed consumerist shill you are.

A company will only ever treat you well because you demand it. Start slurping their cock like this and they'll gladly fuck you.

>Does anyone think they'll be a spin off series with Ciri in the future
It's almost a certainty.

One, that is weak bait.

Two, that is shit art of Elric, Robert Gould or go home. Everyone else does shit "albino barbarian" art.

Three, Moore-can-suck-his-own-cock would not know what plagiarism is if it smacked him in the face, spun him around, and fucked him up the ass.

Four, don't you have a shitty metal concert to attend, Razorfist?

if they do that i actually wont buy it. it seems far more likely they're going to go for bethesda's market share with an open world create a witcher game. especially since they got that grant from poland for researching open world game technology.

BaW was terrible. The story was worse than the main game's unfinished story.