ITT: games that everyone immediately forgot

ITT: games that everyone immediately forgot

It was a terrible idea from the beginning. Saints Row has been absolute junk since SR2 and then they decide to make it more "le wacky humor" meme and change the name completely.

>Instead of Freespace 3 we got a bunch of meme games

>Saints Row, except we removed:
>The multiplayer
>The weapon variety, you now change heroes entirely when you want to have new weapons
>The player customization
>The fun
I don't fucking get it.

The game was shit when they made a 'wall' joke.

>Johnny Gat dying marked the end of white male gamers

Why is the Saints Row fanbase so retarded?

Isn't Johnny Gat Chinese?

Just part of the reason why they're retarded

>sr3
>96% positive
>sr4
>92% positive
>hey fellas we made some nice games what do we do now?
>JUST FUCK SHIT UP AND CALL IT A SPIN OFF INSTEAD OF MAKING MORE

i guess it could have been worse, at least they didn't a make it a mmo.

This game came out?

With an eight inch dick.

What happened to them after SR2 to make them go full retard? Did the team change that much?

It even got cracked already.

Remember Me.

I think they tried way too hard to be something more than a GTA clone, and it established the series identity but for the worst.

This and lawbreakers

lasted all of a week after release

Women.

Remember when Saints Row was a nice mix of wacky and darker moments, and each side made the other stand out more in juxtaposition?

Do you Ye Ye?

I'm still waiting on SR1&2 remastered

This is out? Is it any good?

How much did this sell?

thq learned their lesson with sr2, it was a an awesome game but at the end despite all the marketing it just couldn't compete with gta 4 and everyone (still do this day) dismisses the game as a knock off clone. vast majority of the studio left after 2. and then they deiced to "embrace the crazy" to set them apart from all the other gta clones and try to carve their own niche. it seemd to have worked too. both sr3 and 4 are highly rated and sold well enough for them to keep making more.

I never thought I'd see the day where I just want HD remasters of old games more than actual new games, and yet here we are.

I'd argue Nioh too

>Endless hype for For Honor since it got announced at E3
>It comes out and shits itself and dies within a month

I hate to admit it, but damn I'm in the same boat. SR1 having co-op would be great, too

I miss it so much. I for the life of me can't understand how someone can tell me, with a straight face, that SR3 and SR4 are better than 2. While it was a GTA-esque clone. It was more fun. SR2 had you play the straight man in a wacky world, not unlike a Quentin Tarantino film, where motherfuckers with swords walking around in broad daylight is considered completely normal. It was crazy yet grounded. The afterwards the devs went balls to wall with the wacky factor gave the series a less grounded identity.

>Endless hype for For Honor since it got announced at E3
>It comes out and... ... shits itself an-... ... d dies... ... conection lost, swapping host

SR3 and 4 were not nice games.

Would love to try SR1 on PC and a proper SR2 port.

It happened with Dead Rising 1, i still have hope it could happen with SR1 too.

just because you don't like thing doesn't mean millions of other liked thing and had fun.

Who are you?

>Sequel to SR4
>MC wakes up from a coma
>"God damn that was a shitty dream. Fucking Belgians and shit"
>You're in the Stillwater prison infirmary
>It's just SR2 again with better graphics and physics

Fuck this, I bought and played the shit out of it. But it just sucked so hard.

I would go as far as to say that Saints Row 4 was able to capture that again for the most part. As much as Kinzie was the writers' pet character and memes were still shoved in all over the place, they actually ended up with a decent mix of drama and humor that kept the story strong.

>SR3 and 4 were not nice games.

Perfectly fine games. Far better than some shitty GTA clone with poop humour like in 2.

Chinese people fucking love Transformers movies, that doesn't make them good.

I was actually just playing this, its fun to mess around with for 2 hours at most with all the heros unlocked. Driving and jumping around the city is fun along with the tech you get to combine with your special attacks and other heros can be fun but like I said after 2 hours or so you are spent. Gameplay is really good but gets repetitive quick

Also I have all the dialogue turned down as its so bad it hurts

4 was pretty great. 3 was a let down.

Fucking how

I mean could you really call them the Saints Row fanbase?
They didn't play 1 or 2 and apparently felt 4 was a stepback from 3 and apparently supported them becoming single player overwatch because apparently customization didn't allow for characterfagging.

Better than that shitty ff xiii.

this. People fawn over SR2 for 'muh hats' but it was still far too much of a cheap GTA clone.

They got rid of all that niggershit in 3 and went their own direction.

I'm in the middle of installing this game Should I just cancel the installagion? I beat/enjoyed SR 3 and 4

The developers took a Chivalry mod, made it shit and slapped a price-tag on it. It's effectively a worse Chivalry with magic. Nobody wants that. And thus, it died several magnitudes faster than fucking Battleborn.

You'll have some stuff you won't like about it, but it'll be fun.

the trailer fucking killed any interest people had on it. It was so by the numbers that i immediately dismissed the game.

>Over 1 million views for release trailer
>Is lucky to have a current video reach 1,000 views

How does this happen?

>1 million views
Means fuck all these days

the game is either really bad or it had no marketing at all outside of that trailer

>literally LITEERRRRRAALLY had Anthony Burch DLC

Get off this fucking bitch of an Earth, scum.

all good cases of how "diverse games" that go out of their way to exclude white men in favor of "strong wyman" and black guys fail.

Fortnite is honestly fun, the problem is everything besides the main focus of (shoot corpses, protect objective.)
>You can build huge, elaborate bases, but they require so much material that you'll never build anything close
>That material is really tedious to gather, you mash your pick against walls and stones and trees and cars gathering resources
>Higher-level areas increase the HP of items you mine up so it never feels like your pick is getting stronger (and if you go to a lower level area, they put a hard cap on the damage your pick does)
>It's always shitty and slow and takes forever
>Rewards for missions are fuck-awful worthless for the most part
>Loot you find in the missions themselves (new guns and traps and shit) are one-time-use and the only source of reusable "Schematics" for stuff are from Loot Llamas (loot crates)
>The only ways to get the characters you want to play as is through RNG-llamas or the overly resource-intensive Transformation system (once you unlock it :^))
>Crafting sucks
>Instead of working on finishing the environments or the fucking main quest line for areas 3 and 4 (area 2 also doesn't have a unique environment yet), they instead spend months bringing back a game mechanic from Alpha testing and make it shit and boring and takes forever (FOUR HOURS on the longest version) for terrible rewards
>Finally give people a way to acquire Epic and Legendary heroes reliably (Higher rarity items/heroes/people are objectively better than lower rarity, twice-over for Heroes because higher rarity heroes up to Epic have more Skills and passive bonuses at higher levels)
>But make it so that pool of Epic/Legendary is all mediocre/bad skill-sets and it only pulls from these 4 Hero bases as Epic/Legendary if you do roll it
They're acting like the game is already released when it's nowhere near done and just want to milk the whales before it dies.

>Buying DLC
I'm sorry, who is the scum here again?

That's because they're no talent hacks who focus on race instead of quality content.

>They left the grindy sidemissions in and called them main missions now.
It's basically a f2p online game but with a 60$ price tag and no multiplayer.

what even is this game?
I visit Sup Forums almost daily yet I have never heard anything about it

The game is okay but it being what would happen if you combined XCOM and MOBAS really means the game is more dependent when compared to other MOBA games on not having brain dead teammates, which is why i'm glad that game is finally adding a 1 player mode next patch

Who said anything about buying you reeking newfag?

Mirage actually could have had a chance if they had went with a less sjw character design.

There was like no need for this game to exist i thought why they didnt just make a saints row 5 when i saw this

I hope it doesn't happen, at least not any time soon.
Just because the engine they use now isn't capable of handling aspects of SR2, if people that worked on the game are to be believed.
The two that I remember are they can't do clothes layering or night/day cycles.

We had not one, but two lesbians.

To be fair, what good is one lesbian?

how much anti-diverstiy does this game have?
as in white male characters?

>1p mode
Not even co-op or something?

How Anti-White is this roster?

There already is a Co-op v AI mode but by 1 player mode i mean you can control 4 different characters at once against another opponent who can do the same thing

Not enough robots/10

Ah, alright then. Kinda interested trying it out

I don´t care about skin color.
a game could be 50% cute black women and I wouldn´t care as long as the other 50% are white dudes.
I count maybe 3 white dudes but mostly women so I guess I´m gonna pass

But it makes sense to keep making them. Also, quality is subjective.

How long from the first trailer until anyone who wanted to could play the game?

They can't afford to make them.
THQ barely gave them enough for SR3.
THQ went down and Deep Silver bought them.
Deep Silver has even less money.
Couldn't even make a new map for SR4 and now they had to make a generational transition.

I really don't understand that game.

Until it launched I was under the assumption that it WAS a f2p multiplayer game.

But it actually wasn't, it was just designed like a really shitty one but without the multiplayer? Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

That's only insufferable if they're not dating.

That first Cinematic trailer for it was nearly a year ago and from then until January you had to pay to play but since Feburary the game is f2p.

Now that's an actual diverse roster, by which I mean a ton of different kinda of creatures and not just everyone being brown.

That thing in the middle of the top row has me interested.

why do people still play L4D2 then?

They should've just made Saints Row 5 be about exploring space with your newly found alien empire.

it had two cool white dudes
I don´t know what you mean
50% white men and 50% something different is a pretty good mix in my eyes for video games

Did anyone actually remember the last Red Faction game?

Fuck it for killing the franchise forever, fuck it. I want my Red Faction 1 remaster damn it

seems like sjw trash too me

>thought that light thing in support looked pretty cute
>look up the roster
>greeted with this monstrosity
fuck you for getting my hopes up

Red Faction Armageddon was such a fucking underrated game.

looks way better in game desu

Wait, it actually released?

Yeah sure there it looks good, but white on black for eyes are only good if the white doesnt function as a moving pupil

Or just make good, interesting characters regardless of race?
They could be white, black, purple, or orange for all I care, all that matters is whether they're interesting and well written
I wonder what it's like constantly thinking about race every waking moment of your life, must be fucking miserable

nah products should reflect their audience other wise it´s pointless so games amid at western gamers should mostly feature white dudes

that´s write fuck authenticity
let´s make a game about black vikings and female ww1 soldiers
yes queen slay
we wuz kingz

They got tired of people calling their game a gta clone and having to compete with it so they wanted to be unique.

I'd rather have a good gta clone but whatever, there's people that enjoyed 3 and 4 and I don't mind it. It's just not my kind of humor.

couldnt compete against gta, and gta 4 tried to be way more serious. So in reaction, SR3 went to the crazy route instead.