Admit it: You only hate this because of Bethesda

Admit it: You only hate this because of Bethesda.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BSsfjHCFosw
youtube.com/watch?v=pNkQMtZAMAw
youtube.com/watch?v=LhIS4FdS7co
youtube.com/watch?v=LrcqbVJVgFk
youtube.com/watch?v=VJT0Xh5ZrOg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They just made this game to pander to nostalgiafags. The game itself has nothing of the older titles.

But I don't

I like it because it's not an open world buggy nightmare that requires community patches and mods to actually work correctly.

i just cant get into it

it feels very "by the book" as they say

no because it has repeating waiting in arena gameplay to continue forward.

But I love New DOOM.

So what? They only published it

it was a pretty good game

But I loved it and the original Doom was the first game I ever beat

one of the best fps games ive ever played.

Good bait, heres an (OP)

it's a short mediocre game with no replayability because of all the unskippable cutscenes

>it's a short mediocre game with no replayability
So just like Doom

Ehhh. Every time I start it up I just et the urge to switch to old doom asap. My biggest problem is the weapon rebalancing, killing the shotgun's role as your bread and butter gun. It's quake level now instead of doom level.

I just found it pretty boring and forgettable. Not horrible by any stretch of the imagination - it's just the kind of game I at one moment realized that I just don't feel like picking up again.

I certainly don't have an issue with Bethesda-produced games. Prey has been my favorite game of the year and one of my favorite games of the last decade. Dishonored was a load of fun too. Hell, even that Wolfenstein game, even though I did not finish it in the end, wasn't awful.

I despise Bethesda Development specifically for what they did to both Elder Scrolls and Fallout series, and I took issue with few steps Bethesda took as publisher elsewhere (those pointless lawsuits over names in particular), but that does not actually change my view of the games themselves.

I don't hate it. It's a decent shooter, for today's standards.

I mostly liked it. My biggest issue with the game is that the base movement speed should've been faster, along with most demon movement speed and the levels needed way more demons that just existed without any prompt from the player interacting with something beforehand. Also a lot of the art design could've been better, but that's a fairly minor issue.

Only contrarian cuccbois didn't like it really

>all the unskippable cutscenes

What, all two of them?

It's pretty alright
Platforming was downright terrible though

And? You think that's not a valid complaint?

>You only hate this
Actually it's one of my favorite games of all time.

Been going through it. It's alright. I think my biggest issue is the weapons just feel weak. Even the Super Shotgun just feels weak to use.

But I love this game.

It's the best shooter of the last 10 years, or since L4D2 at least.

>hate this
But I love it

>And? You think that's not a valid complaint?

Of course it isn't.

If you found out that your favorite game was published by Bethesda, would you suddenly hate it? No you wouldn't (unless you're full blown retarded).

You care more about the company behind the game than the games themselves and that right there is the mark of a powerful idiot.

>reddit spacing
yaaaawwwwn

I dislike it because it's a misconception on what was so good about the originals, from gameplay to art style to music. The visuals are too muted and the demons look more like aliens, the music has no energy in it with not a single song that has a BPM above 120, and the novelty of glory kills from high profile mods becoming a prominent aspect of gameplay and breaking up the pace by playing an animation for every kill or requiring you to waste ammo on an extra shot to kill it without the animation. It's a load of fun but it still doesn't hold a candle to the first two in any way.

It is a sequel though and quake champions confirmed that

What are the best doom mods you have played?

recommend weapon pack mods please, ive played RLarsenal and legendoom, but i can't seem to find anything else.

what pieces from doom or doom 2 has a bpm over 120?

Don't hate it, but the limited amount of enemies means it's a disappointingly easy game.

No, I hate it because it's shit

no i hate it for other reasons.
>megatextures

for a game so short, and buggy, and inexplicable bad all around, its file size is laughable.

But it was my GOTY

youtube.com/watch?v=BSsfjHCFosw

>muh megabytes
>muh shitty internet

go to bed grandpa

There was replayability whatsoever. SnapMap was a good effort but ultimately pointless.

I love Doom
I love new Doom
But I hate this 37 gb update I'm expected to download.

It's one of the best console shooters ever made.

gee I wonder what you would have come up to, having to make a triple A game in 2016 that got its roots in an indie fps from 1993

it's incredible that this game is not pure shit, and it's a fuckin miracle that it's actually good

No, criticism I see is usually aimed at it being in a weird limbo between "not being old-DOOM enough" and yet "still following an archaic shooter design".

Unless we're talking about publishing demands, Bethesda's own devs have nothing to do with idSoftware shooters outside a Skyrim reference, otherwise they would've played like even-shittier Fallout glitchfests.

It's been a while since I've browsed the ost but I know for sure 1 has e1m1, another I forget, and the mastermind's theme. 2's is definitely more atmospheric.

I actually really liked 2016 DOOM, I played through the campaign last Christmas but all the threads lately have compelled me to reinstall it. I actually tried out the multiplayer this time around, and damn is it fun. Anyone got tips? I've found that I really like the EMG Mark V even though it's a pistol, but I feel like it's outclassed by a lot of other guns, especially when I run into "man with lightning gun who never takes his crosshair off you for even one second" every other match.

I hate it because it's level design is unforgivable garbage

No, I dislike it because it's really fucking boring and not worth playing through. It's way too slow.

Prey is my favorite game of the year so far (and it has been a loaded year), I love the Dishonored series and I have The Death of the Outsider and The Evil Within 2 pre-ordered. I don't have a problem with Bethesda as a publisher.

Same desu, I'm going to have Wolfenstein 2 on day one.

Don't really care since it's using a lot of idtech is still used so it's running on what we love.

BUT

One of the biggest faults in the game lies in the direction of the gameplay.
The gameplay itself works, but it's pacing drags it down a notch.
Glory kills, corridor lockdowns etc etc.
Music is NOT to my liking, and many others would like a DooM/2 style of music.
Djent isn't for everyone and certainly not people that grew up with DooM.

Doom 2016 is the best Serious Sam game in ages

The glory kills really slowed down the pace of th3 game and were too obviously pandering to Brutal Doom fans. :-(

It's not that good. I don't know why people praise it at all. The levels get so stale and the combat gets so repetitive half way through the game. You've seen it all before a hundred times. The QTE finishers are fucking stupid and get old quick, and most importantly they kill your momentum.

>"not being old-DOOM enough" and yet "still following an archaic shooter design".
It's literally someone who doesn't understand Doom's idea of what a Doom game is, like they just saw a couple of posts like
>DOOMGUY IS LE SUPER FAST
>MILLIONS OF DEMONS TERRYWAD xD
>METAL EPIC HARDCORE
>RIP AND TEAR xDDDD
then made the game based on that alone.
true I guess
No it's fucking not

It just wasn't that good.

If it's called Doom and you can't even outrun your own rockets then I don't fuck with it.

I unironically liked the story.

Designing the game around combat arenas was a fucking dumb idea and I'm still mad about it. The level design also tanked in the second half of the game; you can tell they fell back on a simple "Walk down this corridor until you reach the next combat arena.", probably because they ran out of ideas but if your game isn't 10 hours long these days you basically get crucified.

The original Doom and Doom 2 did much more in much less time.

I didn't hate it, but I disliked the "trapped in a room with a powerup and lots o' meat demons" aspect.
Also this . How about I unload like 8 shells into a Caco and be fucking done with it. No blinking white, no melee state bullshit.

But I like it. Siege Cannon is the greatest weapon in all of human history

I like combat arenas, honestly. It felt fast at first, compared to what I've been playing lately, but once I started getting Haste or the glory kill speed buff I realized that's the speed it should be at normally.
It's definitely better than other shooters lately, but I feel like it could be even more. I'm just not sure how. Perhaps more active levels.

I really liked it, I think it actually made me better at shooters in general. The game movement system helped a lot, but I wish the glory kills were either more varied, limited to the berserker orb, or you could turn them off

>all the hate for the glory kill system
It's legitimately the best thing the game brought to the table. It's basically the zandatsu system from MGR but without forcing the player to slow to a crawl to perform it. It provides a brief half-second respite from the mayhem without completely sucking the player out and provides a quick way of getting health back without resorting to regenerating health.

It doesn't pick up until you get the double jump and maximum air control, then it just becomes a Painkiller backpedaling game with a little bit of Quake mixed in. The closed-off arena sections are retarded and so is the limited enemies on screen.

And Glory Kills are stupid.

I don't hate it. I had ... fun

I'll take the quick cutscene to hiding behind a wall and waiting for health regen/jelly to clear up.

Post your favourite
>Demon Design
>Demon to fight against
>Level
>Weapon
>Mod
>Rune combination

>Respite from the mayhem
This is not a good thing. You should get no response until the demons are all dead. OG doom is a stressful game

Backpedalling is your own choice. Strafe and shoot, nerd.
I agree with limited enemies/spawn waves being shit, though.

Me too, it manages to make the idea of a concerted research effort about breaking into literal hell not stupid and at least vaguely justified for once.

I hate that they put in 'secrets' for me to find. I can't fucking resist looking for that stuff and doing so ruins the pace of the game. Leave out the distracting shit and let me barrel through the levels in peace.

None of what you said is true. It brings you to a fucking halt, just to perform 1 out of like 4 animations that you've seen over and over again. I almost never used this gimmicky ass mechanic. In a game all about moving, I sure as fucking hell didnt want to be stopped in my tracks while everyone fucking sets their aim at me.

Zandatsu at the very least never got boring or grating, and you could continue your momentum by doing a slide kill. Fuck your shit taste.

But user, that's the same as OG Doom's secrets. Not many people would've seen them on their first run unless they humped the walls.

>Demon design
Cacodemon
>Demon to right against
Mancubus
>Level
E1m2
>Weapon
Single shotty
>Mod
Beautiful doom
>Rune combination
What the fuck are you talking about

I don't know, I don't exactly like having my camera yanked around and having to re-acquire targets once I'm back in control. The health drops only seem necessary if you can't leave the arena you're in to go look for more health. Like people have said, if you didn't get locked into certain areas you could back out of arenas to look for health elsewhere and wouldn't need glory kills. I don't think the arenas are the end of the world and neither are glory kills, but I wouldn't say it's a perfect solution to not having regenerating health. I will say I like the fact that no regenerating HP encourages you to get in the Demons' faces and stay on the move to reap the benefits.

I meant in D44M. All of those would've applied to D44M.

Design: Caco
To Fight: Hell Baron is fucking great
Level: Anything in the lab, hell is so limited, unfortunately
Weapon: Heavy Rifle
Mod: Chaingun triple-barrel mode
Runes: Air Control/Glory Speed/whatever, probably pickup range

If you stopped moving before or after a glory kill that's your own damn fault.

There are no good levels or mods for d44m though

I love this game tho
my GOTY 2016

I think he means "weapon mods".

the OG plutonia experiment will always have a special place in my heart for absolutely kicking my ass when i was 10

>Levels
Foundry, Argent Facility (Both versions), Argent Tower, Kagir Sanctum and I am VEGA are all pretty good levels
>Mods
As in weapon mods.

No its the best single player FPS game I have ever played. Pic related, 70 hours on just the campaign(Beaten it 8 times now). I have never touched the multiplayer.

It stops you, you fucking idiot. I literally finished the game a week ago. No matter how fast you're moving, you will be brought to a full stop to perform some shitty, repetitive sickdark edgegrim animation, only to have to regain you're bearings once it's over and build momentum again. Most poor decision I've seen for a game ever.

i love it!

>sickdark
Actually get out.

It's a crutch at low difficulties and useless in high difficulties since you can guarantee that an Imp fireball or a pinky is ready to smack your face as soon as you leave the animation.

> best single player FPS game I have ever played
lpay more you peasant

It's an excellent Painkiller game.

>peasant
go back to (r)eddit

>Admit it: You only hate this because of Bethesda.

Sup Forumsidya awards said Doom is GOTY, who hates it?

>> I disliked the "trapped in a room with a powerup and lots o' meat demons"

So you dislike the rip and tear aspect of the game? I think you just dislike the Doom series

I dislike it because it has shit mod support and a boring tacked on multiplayer. Decent single player shooter though.

You're the one that likes the new doom m8

>Sup Forumsidya awards

People who haven't actually played any of the Doom games but want to appear smart for shitting on the new one.

>e1m1 sucks
Dropped. No, seriously, what are they thinking? The soundtrack is utterly forgettable.

have you even played doom? The rip and tear shit is from the comics.

Sup Forums nowadays is just the place where people from reddit go to call other people faggots for going to reddit.

>The soundtrack is utterly forgettable.
I bet you think it's dubstep too you pleb

youtube.com/watch?v=pNkQMtZAMAw
youtube.com/watch?v=LhIS4FdS7co
youtube.com/watch?v=LrcqbVJVgFk
youtube.com/watch?v=VJT0Xh5ZrOg