Is it worth skipping pic related if I played the first two Arkham games...

Is it worth skipping pic related if I played the first two Arkham games, I have Arkham Knight and am looking more forward to it than this considering it's made by a different group.

Also, Arkham thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PC-JT-S2ts4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

save this for last - and be glad you did

it's a good game and better than arkham knight

Okay, you've piqued my interest now. Is this bad in the long run or is it secretly better than the rest of the games? I only ask because origins was always treated as the black sheep of the Arkham games.

I actually liked Origins a lot - or at least I did whenever it didn't crash or bugged out.

It's better than the shit that is AK though.

What these guys said. Also, AK is terrible if you know Batman lore.

it's secretly better than Arkham Knight, but it's also a lot like City.
Play Arkham Knight first though, for variety's sake. Its high-as-balls production values also soften some of its shortcomings.

Origins got shit on for several reasons:

-Bethesda-tier bugs at launch despite being an otherwise copy-paste of Arkham City (and several of them persist today)
-shoehorned multiplayer that nobody wanted
-story throws away perfectly fine chance for an interesting main villain on yet another Joker tale
-rogues gallery was weak as fuck (because we really wanted to fight Copperhead, Firefly and Dude With Taser-Knuckles)

It basically did nothing we hadn't already seen in City and somehow managed to play worse than City. At best, the boss fight with Deathstroke was kinda cool, but otherwise the game was a waste of time.

Depending on who you ask, it's either the best Arkham game or worst Arkham game.

Personally AO has the best story, boss fights, and atmosphere.
Whereas AK has the best graphics, gameplay, and "open-world"

Pick based on your preference

it's a prequel so the story doesn't matter, just play knight then play this.

You guys have sort of made up my mind. Did start origins but didn't get too far. The GCR tower aspect is atrocious, can't get too far without hearing "waves jamming muh (insert bat-something here)"

Also there are some returning characters from AO that appear in AK if you care about continuity.

Knight also has Ubisoft towers though.

This. So many retarded plot-related things in this game but it's so well made it didn't bother me most of the time.

Don't skip. It's a good Arkham game. It has the best boss battles.

To me it's

AO>AA>AC

Haven't played knight.

Origins has the best Joker, atmosphere, story, characters, some interesting side missions, some of the most memorable moments/missions in the whole series. AC definitely overrated

Origins also has the best Bane before he became a freaky mountain of muscles. Too bad Shiva was just a side mission. Copperhead was cool too.

Bane?

Definitely won't, just curious if Sup Forums had a preferred order to this series. Even AK only includes itself with AA and AC as the Arkham "trilogy" so I wasn't sure how out of place AO was. Besides the controls being different I'd say AO is pretty much in the same vein.

One complaint though, and this might factor into the Batman still being green, but he always seems to fuck things up and still say "I don't have time for this, Alfred!"

Get outta here hothead.

Yeah, he's in it only without VENOM from what I can tell

No, it's a very good game

It's better than Knight and City. It was buggy as shit at launch.

He's in it, and he's using Venom. He later uses TN-1...

It was better than Knight and City.

if you like the series than play it. they all play essentially the same.
I will say the voice actors are a lot worse though.

Any good girls in AK?

I realize pic related is already a no-go

Harley, Ivy, Oracle, and Catwoman

Good, I have a soft spot for Selina

oh my god what are you guys talking about in here

Origins is embarrassingly bad. there's a reason Rocksteady disowns it and refers to the franchise as a 'trilogy' lol

To get the ending with Selina, you must do all Riddler stuff, which can take a long time. If you wanna skip that and watch the final scene with Selina, have this youtube.com/watch?v=PC-JT-S2ts4

Origins has a better story than any of the Rocksteady games. They made Joker legitimately creepy and threatening, and Bane was actually intelligent and dangerous like he is in the comics before they give him brain damage to fit with the canon of the other games.

The problem with Origins is gameplay-wise it does nothing that wasn't done better in City. It literally feels like a reskin of the previous game. Even then, coping City's gameplay alone would be fine, but the game is also a bug-ridden hot mess.

AC>Origins>AK>AA

It added better detective shit and some more wrinkles to the combat. Do you smoke crack? The only thing lacking is the Riddler shit, but that's to be expected.