ITT: characters that ruined a franchise

ITT: characters that ruined a franchise

Other urls found in this thread:

media.discordapp.net/attachments/312518557248389121/353579737307807749/sample_9718b5066fd41bddcca176da820f310b.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Not Tharja

salty thajafag or lucinacuck?

Lynfag.

2B

Tharja was bad, but at least she wasn't your sister.
Neither, nigger. Don't ever reply to me again.

>implying
Camilla had a fairly disappointing personality, mainly because it was bland and obviously so pandering, but the blame doesn't really rest on her. She's a relatively minor part of the overall game. If you want to fault someone, fault basically everything related to the main character and/or Azura. Shit was terrible from the ground up.

>I hate big tittied onee-sans who say "ara ara"
I think that you're the one ruining this planet.

>He doesn't like dominant onee-chan types
What are you, gay?

>I like 1 dimensional characters
Here's to (You)

So yes, you are gay.

Because of his games poor sales FE almost died. Thanks Ike!

>Minor character like Camilla ruining the franchise

I bought Conquest only for Camilla but she literally has no personality outside of "muh Kamui". At the very least they should have included a yuri option.
Anyway, Hinoka is clearly the superior sister.

>ITT: characters that fixed a franchise
that for you

But Hinoka has no personality outside "muh Kamui: tomboy edition"

Tharjafag definitely, considering tharj just got btfo by Camilla in the latest Heroes Gauntlet

fucking super wesker

She's about to beat Lyn's ass, too.

She does though, what with fighting for Hoshido and stuff. Camilla only ever talks about Kamui.

Please let this happen

I want that to happen to Lyn as karma for what she did to Lucina.

>before English release
>Camilla is best girl!
>after English release
>Camilla a shit!

what happened? did Treehouse fuck up more than just her voice, or do EOPs just have shit taste? maybe a little bit of both?

Gigantic 13 inch futa cock.

Maybe more people played the game after English release and realized how bad was the writing. Even if Treehouse tempered to some extent with the game, the original writing is still awful.

>what happened?
Before the english release, people couldn't understand her and so were just going by her tits and "Ara Ara~" voice. After the english release, people actually saw that she had the personality of an empty paint can. I mean, some people still like her (it's not as if there are many better characters in Fates) but overall the whole interest in Fates dropped off once people actually started playing Fates.

When it was still in japanese, everyone was quick to pounce on the relatively minor changes they'd heard about in what they'd assumed was a great game. Once the game was out, they found out that the whole game was crap and the few line changes for, say, Kana's support conversations (remember those complaints?) was far overshadowed by how shit Kana and everyone else in the game actually was.

And which salt mine did you come from user?

>claim Camilla has no personality
>while liking Hinoka
Camilla has more personality than people give her credit for, though that isn't saying much. They just don't bother because it's easier to ignore anything aside from what they see on the surface.

This is now a "Characters that saved their franchise" thread

Here's 5 reason why Lucina is the best!

Her game saved FE from getting the F-Zero treatment by Nintendo
She's cute!
CUTE!!!
LUCINA!!!!!!

Are talking shit about my wife?

That's only 4 reasons fuckface

>the F-Zero treatment
What's that? Not getting new games?

I dont even play FE, i Just came here to call you a faggot

Donte wasn't even the worst character of his own game. Virgil was.

Every discussion of this character. or anything FE nowadays boils down to
>Your waifu is shit! MY waifu should be more relevant!
Get over it already.

Has anyone put Donte's face over this pic yet

but her game was the first FE game the West got

It literally created the franchise in the West

That's probably his point. I bet he's just a grognard who thinks FE was perfect until the baka gaijin normies got to it.

Pretty much. The FE fanbase is in a sorry state where we constantly get people claiming that somehow their favorite character is deep and interesting compared to this other 'one-note' character, when in truth neither are particularly complex.

Awakening didn't save the franchise, marketing saved the franchise.

The FE fanbase has been in civil war since Awakening. Its overwhelming popularity has the oldfags eternally butthurt their sekrit club isn't so sekrit anymore.

Awakening was going to literally be the last and final FE game if it didn't sell well

Yeah yeah yeah, you always hear this crappy argument and everyone ignores the fact that FE7 coming out was the original splitting of the fanbase.

Cause even if you were a Japanese player who didn't give a single fuck about a bunch of Gaijin in the west, they still went to portable with that release instead of making it for a home console, and the art direction was also very different from the standard FE game.

MOMMY

Stop shitposting Hinoka.

>everyone ignores the fact that FE7 coming out was the original splitting of the fanbase.
You mean 6, right? Imagine going from the skill system, class variety and decent story to the shonen shit that was Binding Blade afterwards that stripped most of the features of the older games.

Awakening didn't saved FE
Sakurai and Smash 4 did

That isnt Roy

At least say Melee or even Brawl. Robin and Lucina only got in Sm4sh because Awakening was already a huge success.

Fuck you.

Damn right.

>ITT: characters that ruined a franchise

Prove me wrong.

I'm tempted to say any Awakening character, but there's at least one decent one out of that shit show of a cast.

I got banned on neofag for called this character a faggot lovers fag. Turns out the guy who posted donte was actually a faggot. Kekd my day.

>lynfags seething because their waifu has a chance of losing

You know it's true.

Lightning Returns has a fucking weird design philosophy, man.

>We want to give Lightning more character so we'll give her NPC interactions and some banter with Hope
>But we also removed all of her emotions, making the above utterly pointless
Her character design is the only good thing about her, and even that's ruined by her utterly retarded clothing.

>not Shujinko

I think it'd actually be the first case of the multiplier system screwing over a legitimately much more popular character, so I can see why they could be mad.

You mean saved.

>They just don't bother because it's easier to ignore anything aside from what they see on the surface.
Mate, I've played all three routes and I admit some of Camilla's support conversations are good, the one with Xander being one of the best ones in the game, but overall she was just a boring character, a literal walking trope.

This. Series honestly would have been better off without him ever existing he's that contaminated now.

People say Tekken started to suck the moment Lars came onto the scene. Lars has nothing on Jin and the exaggerated priority he always gets in the "story".

>lucinacuck
They need to know their place.

Camilla is a goddess.

she didn't ruin shit.

She was useless and took being lectured by a dead guy IN HER OWN MIND to stop sucking in season 4

FUCK YOU COMMIE!!!!!

media.discordapp.net/attachments/312518557248389121/353579737307807749/sample_9718b5066fd41bddcca176da820f310b.jpg

Not any more so than pretty much any other Fates character really. And for a character that should be fairly easy to understand, I've found it surprising how much people miss.

Camilla didn't ruin shit. Fates was ruined because of Azura and maybe Corrin for hijacking the story

God Conquest was so fucking stupid

Yeah, I think it would be quicker to name the likable or interesting characters from Fates than the other way round

Azura was the one who ruined it, though.

me on the left

Pretty sure if they focused a bit more on Camilla and less on Azura, I'm pretty sure she'd have a less disappointing personality.

I honestly think they aren't so different from the older characters. There are basically two extremes in FE: Gimmicky and Bland. Older characters tended more towards the latter, and you still had characters like Sain and Mia.

Who? Azura or Camilla?

wouldn't it have been more the shitty DS remakes?

He means to say that the reason Camilla is 'disappointing' is partially cause she gets so little focus, and that happened because the game focuses so hard on Azura. I think that could be argued for anyone aside from Xander, Takumi and maybe Ryouma though.

Wonder if Capcom learned that shitting on your fanbase openly isn't a great idea.

Yeah I worded that horribly. But the point is, Azura gets so much focus and she still come off as nothing but a bland plot device while characters like Camilla (despite that she's still popular), Xander, Takumi, Ryouma, whatever got almost fuck all.

You'll get plenty more of them in Warriors, don't worry.

They're the only good things about Super though.

Are you really sure about that?

Camilla is going to fucking win!

Yeah, and that's why I like Azura less than Camilla, though the latter is more polarizing overall. That and I dislike when characters get shilled heavily.

Takumi is the royal that gets the most focus, and I'd say he's one of the better characters in Fates, though maybe not the most 'likeable' which I would also say for Camilla. Xander gets the most focus of the Nohrian siblings but his makes him look worse because he can come across as being inconsistent.

Cordelia is the best girl

They really need to shrink casts a bit, get rid of children and make better use of characters.

Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance were really good at making use of their casts. Most units had some kind of role to play in the story instead of being extra bodies in case of no-reset.

Those are big boots

Lynfags BTFO and with karma on top of it.