Yakuza thread

How are you enjoying Yakuza Kiwami?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OqmwamsJl5s&feature=youtu.be
psndl.net
youtube.com/watch?v=VYRrhPE0x7w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dont get Majima encounters anymore, do I need to investigate this first text message I got? I went to the club but didn't get jumped by him.

KIRYU-CHAN

I was pleasantly surprised when he climbed out of a man hole and challenged me to a fight. He kept calling out but had no idea where he was coming from till he appeared.

youtube.com/watch?v=OqmwamsJl5s&feature=youtu.be
Reminder shell all your fucking money for the greater good.

Been meaning to try this series and as 0 is on sale i picked it up, seems fun even if i just started.

Enjoy the ride user.
Play like you want, explore, do substories when you want, have fun :^)

That car chase was horse shit

The one thing I really like about Y6 (demo) is clothes physics. But other than that there's still a lot of room for improvements and they don't have to be "copypaste 0/Kiwami"
Even some subtle changes. I wish you could jog/sprint with L1 instead of holding X. It works very comfortably in Hitman.

>tfw the car chase level

14 people

Why aren't these games credited with pioneering the random pedestrian encounters on the world map?

I noticed to my horror that you can't buy that medicine item that lowers your drunkenness in Kiwami, unless I just can't find it. How the fuck are you supposed to complete the bar completion lists without it being a massive chore then?

Why can't Kano be the new protag?

>All the references to 0 in Majima Everywhere and substories

I want to go back, it was the fucking GOAT

>That story
>That atmosphere
>Those bosses
>Those characters
>That disco dancing and Judgement
>That Nishiki bro-op
>That OST
>That ultimate culmination of the Yakuza formula

Kiwamis upgrade system is better but other than that I just want another prequel during the bubble

Kiryus prequel outfit did look like shit though

EEEYYYYEEAAAHORRRAAAAAAHH's your path

Every now and then go drink as you progress the story.

Got exactly what I wanted.

I'm enjoying it.

Majima Everywhere wears out its welcome once the "fight specific majima" requirements start

i dont know why they have to shove that shit in every game

Anyone know where breaker Majima will jump you in fights? That and him attacking from above are the Majima trophies I'm missing.

Yeah, that shit is retarded. I think I've had Breaker Majima appear like, 2 times compared to Thug and Slugger which I've seen close to 20 times each.

beat amon yesterday and finished the game
still annoys me that they block the entire finale from screenshots or recording.
I've been testing out the emulated version of yakuza 3 for fun today

>i dont know why they have to shove that shit in every game
There were only 2 games with that, 3 if you count Kiwami. Unless you count Y2 as well, but it's your regular beat them up in this one.

How many chapters are there in 2?
Majima holding his promise was so good.

I tried Yakuza 4 demo and Ishin demo today on my 5 years old i5.
Barely 1-2 frames in Ishin. Y4 was about 4 times as playable.

First game of its genre I've played, but I'm really enjoying it despite being absolutely shit at it. Beating Majima in the batting cages was a fucking struggle. Should I play Yakuza 2 on PS2 next instead of waiting for Kiwami 2, or play Zero.

where did you get ishin's demo?
I've been meaning to try it out but I can't into pkg files

In Kiwami, does anyone know what the last three UFO Catcher prizes are? I can't seem to get anything new to spawn.

What game should I start with guys, I heard 5 is the best entry point.

>Y4 was about 4 times as playable
Well going from 1 frame to 4 isn't much but it's something atleast.

psndl.net

Also if you have PS3, you can set proxy to get a download link to use on PC of things you download on console.

i heard dead souls is better

you should start with the PSP games

hard to tell what the last 3 are for you since the prizes are random.
just keep asking the guy at the counter to change prizes until you see one you haven't got yet.

play kenzan, then ishin, then dead souls, then 6, then 3, then 4, then 1, then 2, then 0

>not playing 4 before 3
Faggot

In the play log, there's a list of all the prizes you've gotten. I don't have the bottom three.

Drink some BOSS Coffee!

>Proving grounds where you have to beat everyone using the golden gun
FUCK THIS LAST GUY

So I got all 48 upgrades for body tech and soul but no trophy. Am I missing something or is it glitched?

Leave the menu and come back. I think that's what worked for me.

I exited out, then went back into the menu and it unlocked.

Just be drunk the whole story mode

There's still a lot of time until Kiwami 2 gets released in the west going by Y6 release date. And Y2 still hold up very well despite some PS2 limitations.
Gameplay wise, content wise and story wise Zero is at the top of the series and core gameplay is basically identical to Kiwami, but more. Kiwami was made/altered to feel like a proper sequel to Zero.
For Kiwami 2, make sure you played Zero as well.

Kyon-bo
Kyon-chan
kara kappa

apparently i'm only missing the 5th.

Doesn't coffee make you sober?

That seems weird but if you both say it I guess that's what it is. I'll try that later.

Thanks.

The 5th is Chestnut the Squirrel (Red)

I want to snort coke off Elphelt's tits

Easy Riki.

Wait

This is the wrong thread

You lost buddy?

Until recently I couldn't even boot up both games.

Had no idea. Thanks guys.

>Kiryu taking off his shirt makes the framerate shit itself
Made me chuckle, good game. The wait for 6 begins..

I found it really funny that majima was kicking my ass on the second pocket racer race but he decided to boost and fell off the track. Just slowly coasted to victory after that.

Just wait until you fight him in the coliseum.

First hour of the gane
>oh man this combat is so fun and varied
10 hours in
>mash beast style square until knockdown, charge throw, rinse repeat until heat builds up
It happened with both 0 and Kiwami. The combat has so much potential but it's being held back by horribly clunky movement and tracking.

it will probably serve you to go back to the PS2 and learn the combat mechanics from scratch, honestly, and like the other guy said it will probably be awhile until Kiwami 2 makes it out over here.

Yeah they're making progress, hopefully in a couple of years they'll be completely playable.

I think for that moment they made something to out of place to the engine. Like they used high quality models and maybe even lighting from cutscene engine in the game engine. Because after that stutter game seemed smoother than your usual cutscenes, yet models looked better.

By the time that comes Kiwami 3 will be announced.
The only addition is Pocket Circuit

honestly disappointed in kiwami, worse than 0 in literally every way

>finished 5 and moving onto ishin
>that jump in graphics
>60 fucking FPS
>combat so slick it makes rick flair look like a pansy
>that OST

So the only alternative for poorfags to get into this series is emulating 1, right? Or is it one of those series where 2 is better?

Playing 1 first will make playing 2 much better, you'll be amazed at the jump in quality

>instant style switching
>heat actually works
>DoD more fleshed out
From a gameplay experience, it's my favorite in the series, Challenging but fun.

2 has the best plot in the series and its also easily emulatable

So Zero first then Yakuza 2?

Don't skip 1.....

Expectations for 6? I love the visual upgrades but I'm not ready to return to a world that picks up on 5's retarded ending.

I'll have already played Kiwami though.

i am two hours into 0 and have already slapped myself for not jumping into this series earlier.

>that fucking karaoke anime style switch to an actual rockband

Same.

0 is the best game in the series, I'd recommend doing it last if you can manage it.

I forgot how brutal 1 was, fucking hell. There's always someone getting fucked up in the cutscenes and Kiryu kind of behaves like a Yakuza, this just makes me miss the original writer more...

Everybody says this. Do you have any idea the amount of times I've heard "Oh I've heard those games are really good, I'll try them out some time" only for that never to happen? It's a damn crime I tell you. At least the series seems to be picking up momentum now, though.

It'll make you hurt. Emotionally.

CHINKED doesn't make me want to look forward to it. But I still have to. It's supposed to be Koryu's final chapter.

>Koryu
Heh.

Fair enough I'll play Zero last. Thanks, user!

>he doesn't 100% yakuza games

i am new to yakuza
>majong

what have i started

one day you'll get there

Pain and suffering but fun

>he says that 0 is the best

It's really good except Majima everywhere RNG I just spent 1 hour entering, leaving a restaurant then checking the map for Majima because Everybody's Idol Goro-chan did not want to spawn for me

Mahjong's not so bad once you get it. Shogi on the other hand...

it really is, and i have all the yakuza games

shame it convinced people to skip 1 and 2 tho

I do too, but that's just sad and pathetic

can you atleast elaborate?

>he thinks 2 is the best

>he says 2 is the best
he's right

how is 2 the best? i mean sure its got the best story but that's just it

>great combat that still holds up
>best girl
>best villain
>best soundtrack
>best kiryu
>most memorable cast
>best final boss
>dude with fart hoodie

What's to elaborate? If you played the series you're already know that plot is getting more retarded by every new main game and Zero retcons some shit with how they're making Kiwamis now
And no, I'm hyped for Kiwamis, but still 2 was fucking best by everything, and no other game has made much more progress in combat like it did after first, I mean, it's still fast and fun af and also challenging
youtube.com/watch?v=VYRrhPE0x7w

Yuya's face is fucking weird

>go to the karaoke bar to do a song, do Tonight
>all the flashbacks with Nishiki from 0

>go to do Pocket Circuit racing, run into Fighter and all of the kids from the substories in 0 grown up

Wasn't ready for the feels

Only on chapter 6, but having as much fun as I did in 0 running around doing all the side stuff

Can't wait to tackle mahjong again