Have you helped fund Swert 65's new game yet?

Have you helped fund Swert 65's new game yet?

fig.co/campaigns/the-good-life

youtu.be/XDIzGMkyZWc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pG3NnfldBOk
youtube.com/watch?v=BErWAbLuqHc
youtube.com/watch?v=1MzVVp-aqUs
youtube.com/watch?v=rkY9JxeWyJY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>gay cat
Sold

Why isn't anyone posting about this

We can tell it's just you samefagging your own thread, mate.

This game looks boring. Chore simulation, photography-based gameplay and limited time so that you can't do everything? Sign me the fuck out.

Yeah no shit I'm samefagging nobody has goddamn replied so I'm gonna spam until you people do what I want

Well... The aesthetic kind of looks nice. But this seriously looks real boring. There have been many threads created about this and all of them die down with less than 10 replies. The FIG crowdfunding is going fairly poorly, too. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't reach the goal.

I'd rather donate for D4 conclusion than a new project

god this looks so dumb i love it

Same. I was actually interested in everything that was going there. I don't give a fuck about this boring game.

Deadly Premonition also had a day to night cycle and it seems apparent they're inspired by Shenmue. I just wish there wasnt some stupid crowdfunding for this.

>Low-poly style
great

Seconded.

But I don't see more D4 happening anytime soon, so I guess I'll settle.

What's worse is that it's using the weird FIG crowdfunding site which has the main gimmick of allowing you to invest in a game and get a percent of the money back after a certain sales threshold.
When Psychonauts 2 went on FIG, the sales threshold was 2,173,000, which is pretty unreasonable considering the first game only sold 1,697,073 in total (even after several humble bundles)

Apparently the first game made through Fig did pretty well for investors. But I don't know the particulars of the sale thresholds for different projects.

>1,5millions
I'm sad that they will never reach the milestone.

I want to believe, but it's kind of hard to when Swery fans didn't even buy D4 when it came to Steam.

I hope one of the random villagers is named Forrest Kaysen.

i like the idea personally but the budget is way too high, Skullgirls devs did a shitloads of marketing and it took them 2 months to reach it.
Sweary is a good guy but i think he's overestimating his popularity.

Yeah... I've seen Deadly Premonition get a fair share of love over the years. But it's always been a cult hit.

I just noticed Fig will fledge 50% or something.
So technically it only needs 750k instead of 1,5m
If people would know more it also means it's way more manageable.

I'm considering it.

>at night all villagers turn into cats

I'll donate what I can, but Swery, God bless his soul, I'm not sure who in this bizarre world of ours has 15 GRAND to spend on having dinner with a video game developer.

IMO the goal is too high and Swery isn't known enough like to raise that much money.

What this game project needs is more people knowing it exists, and one way to get that is by having fan art, even better if lewd, to make it known fast.

Make Naomi lewds if you ever hope this succeeds.

It seems Fig is partially helping the fund based on how fund there are
the more we fund, the more fig will put into.

That's very good, but you still have to make a lot of people enticed towards the idea of funding the game before the funding deadline.

Fool me trice shame on-

What was your second crowdfunding mistake?

I'm talking about Swery.

I'm excited about the game, but there's no way it's getting fully funded

So, which game did you get and left you unsatisfied?

Yes

The problem is (besides the huge funding goal) that Swery's successful games were about crazy suspense stories with a detective protagonist and cult american movie stuff. The Good Life seems like a big departure in style (with cuteness instead of sexyness and a dorkish protagonist rather than a cool eccentric MC), even though it still has a suspense plot, and the gameplay, while much better than D4's QTEfest, it also has very little to do with what you would expect from a game about solving a murder.

Still, it's too early to call its failure. It all depends on making the campaign known and see if people like what it offers enough to fund it.

Also this.

I mean, look at these
youtube.com/watch?v=pG3NnfldBOk
youtube.com/watch?v=BErWAbLuqHc

and then look at this
youtube.com/watch?v=1MzVVp-aqUs

It's quite the departure from the style that made many people notice Swery65's work.

Even Suehiro's first directed game looked cooler
youtube.com/watch?v=rkY9JxeWyJY

I'll have to see more before judging. D4 and DP were pretty damn quirky when they wanted to be.

So I wouldn't take the trailer to indicate that the new game doesn't go anywhere dark and/or surreal.

And then you have the people who were left disatisfied by D4's non conclusion like this user I want The Good Life to get funded as much as OP but i recognize it's going to be very unlikely unless they show something more attractive.

>I'll have to see more before judging
You're right, but the campaign ends in 39 days so they should show more footage and catch enough people's attention before that.

>2017
>underestimating the power of fan art and sex appeal

Reminder New Leaf sold 9.78 Million units.

With 4.60M coming from Japan.

Who's the best character/cat

And don't get me started on HM.

Is this how the game will look like or is this just a WIP?

>Character
Neurosurgeon's Lover.

Her name implies that she's defined by her relationship to the neurosurgeon, but her attire implies she's seen more of the world than we shall ever know.

>cat
West Cat.

Looks like a classy puss.

Hard to say at this stage but i'd bet on the Pub and Surgeon cats.

>young model
>pregnant cat
I feel like there's going to be a tragic undertone to that one.

It says it's a super ultra temporary version, but then again most early footages don't deviate too much from the final versions (at least not in a positive way).

I like milk delivery cat, I dont know why.

>handsome nurse
>gay cat

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I want this game to be real

Looks cute, but not 1.5 mil cute.

I'll drop in like, 30 bucks, but I still doubt it'll past that milestone, especially with only over 30 days.

>narcissistic novelist
>totally normal cat
Heh

>Looks cute, but not 1.5 mil cute.

Just let the fishing be better than DP's...

Tasty.

Help us funding it if you can.

>they have promo concept designs for foods

>those fucking names

I fucking love this retard genius and his awful amazing games

That was one completely unnecessary detail I liked about Deadly Premonition and D4. There's so much detail and emphasis on random food items you can find and buy despite them all having the same effect.

>making me pledge
>$5 add-on puts a sheep in your house
>$20 add-on puts 10 sheep in your house
I don't know if that'd be amazing or a something I'd immediately regret.

How much should I pledge Sup Forums

I went with $69.

The guide is probably the only reward I'd want besides the game, but I'd probably only upgrade to that in the final stretch.

When we're desperate to reach the goal.

Is he even allowed to reference Access Games characters?

As much as I am pro-Swery, I am also anti-crowdfunding. If it gets funded, I will purchase the final release, but I'm not going to donate.

You know, I don't think high-strung city girl is a character type I've seen in a game protagonist. I always like Swery's leads.