Well, you must be a new arrival. I'm Andre of Astora. If you require a Dark Souls thread, speak to me

Well, you must be a new arrival. I'm Andre of Astora. If you require a Dark Souls thread, speak to me.

Games that got their community ruined by PCfags thread?

I played DS3 around the time it came out on a friend's Xbone. I enjoyed it but I was feeling pretty burnt out on the series. Going to be replaying it on PC with the DLC starting Tuesday.

I'm excited about it but it's bitter sweet because I'll have officially played everything from Demon's Souls to Dark Souls 3.

I thought everyone would enjoy reading that.

Nier and soon to be Monster Hunter thread?

You're just a bitter and mad at more people getting to enjoy the games. Sad, really. And yes, I hate the pc mustard rice crowd as well but saying pc people ruined souls is stupid.

why does the stone greatsword gain more damage from dexterity than intelligence?

because it's a stone sword

How are mage builds in DS3?

I'm still running through SotFS, but I've been thinking about doing an INT or Faith run in the next game, but wasn't sure if it would be any fun.

why is this guy in dark souls 3 again?

it's supposed to be a magic weapon.

I would recommend playing through the game on a melee build first because mages have to split their flasks between ashen estus and orange estus which essentially halves your heals as an int caster . Doing this while still learning the game is a bad idea.

fag

enough with those pics you degenerate

Because Dark Souls III is a soulless game that relies too much on throwbacks to the first one. A better question would be is why did they remove multiple blacksmiths scattered throughout the world? It added personality to the game and was a good reward for exploration.

People pissed about having to go to different ones for different stuff

it's also a big fuck off sword
its C for strength and dex then a little magic which makes sense

what you gonna lift that thing and swing it around with your intelligence?

Never found it to be an issue really. Andre was right below the Parish one, the giant was a minute away from both Anor Londo teleport locations, Rickert is right beneath Firelink. The only one that's a pain is Vamos but the only unique thing he offers is fire upgrades so it was never a huge deal breaker.

>degenerate
I'm not the one boning my sister but whatever.

It would be pointless after they diverted away from the interconnected world design they had going on in the first game.

Faith is complete shit, you absolutely cannot do a pure faith caster. If you want to do almost anything then you need to just use a melee weapon the whole time and use some miracles for utility, like tears of denial or lightning blade or whatever.
Sorcery sucks dick too, you get almost all of the useful spells and equipment in the last level of the game. But it's sort of just useful enough to make you not give up on the build. You can basically just skip through the entire game with hidden body too so I guess that's a plus.
Pyromancy is where it's at, it kicks ass and a ton of enemies are weak to fire in DS3. You get most of your good shit fairly early, about halfway into the game, and it's even fairly viable in PvP depending on what spells you use.

That's another good question: Why did they completely butcher the world design for 3? Teleportation from the start was a mistake.

>split their flasks between ashen estus and orange estus

Wow that sounds horrible, no thanks. DEX build it is.

DaS1 is the odd one out to not have teleportation from the start. DeS and BB both also had teleportation from the start but DeS was more like like a hub world and Bloodborne had a pretty decently interconnected world despite having warps from the start.

>level what you want
>get to worm bitch
>put all your points in faith
>put lightning on your weapon
>???
>Profit

As someone that's played a pure INT sorcerer in every game, I can tell you that DS3 is the most difficult for sorcery. You can't afford to dump as many levels or equipment slots into survivability, so you end up being a glass cannon. That wouldn't be such a bad thing if enemies stayed at range and couldn't hit you, but DS3 has almost every enemy the ability to rapidly close distance between the two of you. I recommend just doing a quality build the first time, and going sorcerer when you know where everything is.

Well DeS is it's own thing with a hub, DaS III isn't trying to be that and BB is a weird combination between DeS and DaS with a lot of areas leading into one another like how you can access Yharnam from the Forbidden Woods and so on but Dark Souls III didn't try to do anything unique with its world like Bloodborne did. It's more or less a straight shot from start to finish, they should've tried to make a world similar to the first with a lot of vertical interconnectivity to it.

As From makes more and more games, I think DaS1 being so perfect was a fluke. Not to say it's completely perfect, the core systems like equipment upgrades and infusions have been improved over time. But they keep regressing, maybe just for tradition's sake, back to shitty unrewarding world design and level-up maidens. They can still make good levels with shortcuts and stuff, look at Cathedral of the Deep. I just don't get it.

Here's a question:
Why do people constantly shit on the uncontinuosly world of every Dark Souls game, but the first one ?

It implies that everything is build on a fucking tree from which you can see sun breaking through the sky when theres a fucking swomp on top of it ?

>Halfway Fortress in DS3
>decide to finally fuck around with online shit
>put down summon sign
>get summoned
>three other dudes
>invader after invader tries attacking us only to get smoked

Why is this feel so based bros?

Teleportation from the start was necessary since the worlds weren't designed to be as interconnected as Dark Souls. Not saying it's good, but if they'd left it out, 2 and 3 would've sucked ass for having such massively long treks back to the main bonfires.

From come up with solutions to problems only to ditch them later on, like they didn't even realize they had fixed a problem. The Estus is an objective upgrade from healing grass because it allows the designers to design levels knowing the player has a certain amount of health restoration and it always refills when you rest, then Bloodborne goes back to blood vials which if you get stuck on a boss will force you to farm when this was never a problem in Dark Souls.

Same with DaS II switching up NG+ with new enemy placement only to be thrown out the window for DaS III, I don't get it. It's like they pick stuff out of a hat when designing these games.

>when you attack andre for the first time and he fucking dropkicks you

>get summoned for the last boss fight in the DS3 DLC
>he already summoned 2 other guys
>fight starts
>Summoner rushes in like a fucking retard
>dies
>everyone gets sent back to their world

I dont know that feel man

I would say that making a focused game world like Lordran or Yharnam would work out best, then they can do multiple DLCs that are internally fleshed out and interconnected but separate from the maingame.

For DS2 and DS3 it feels like instead of going with world design first they created a bunch of individual levels and ONLY THEN started thinking how they will fit them together.

answer my question then:

first poster spoils any chance at a comfy souls thread thread?

>DaS1 is the odd one out
Yes, and also the only one to build a satisfying world to explore because of it. Just because something is convetion doesn't mean its better.

I'm assuming you meant convenient but traveling in Dark Souls isn't even time consuming pre-Lordvessel. Think about how easy it is to get from Blighttown to Sen's Fortress (the lowest to the highest areas respectively).

Blighttown elevator -> Valley of the Drakes -> Firelink Shrine -> Undead Parish -> Sen's Fortress, that takes probably five minutes at most.

Everything in Dark Souls 1's world is built on top of archtrees that support the rest of the world. I think that this is based on Norse Mythology and the Yggdrasil or the World tree thingy or something.

Dark Souls 1's interconnected world is very genious but it required them to do a very vertical design and while I think DS2 and DS3 fell flat in terms of world interconnectivity, I understand that they didn't want to just retread ds1 again.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

This.

Because absolutely gangraping defenseless punks is fun.

Because world connectivity is cool and rewards exploration in ways other than just items. When you travel down to Blighttown for the first time, you can't resupply, upgrade your weapon to the next level, or upgrade it at all if you didn't buy the kit from Andre. You have to either forge onwards with what you've got, or attempt to make it all the way back to the Parish to better prepare yourself. It adds a new level of tension to the game. You've also got those moments where maybe you get cursed, so you have to take a detour to New Londo and it feels like you're setting out on an adventure or something instead of just warping to Firelink and buying a purging stone.

It also makes you feel like you're exploring a real world when you have to physically walk places sometimes, and NPCs are far more organic when they're scattered around in their own places instead of all clustered together in a hub like JRPG shopkeepers.