Fallout 4 is the worst fallout game by far but a pretty fun shooter. Been enjoying it, is the DLC worth it at all...

Fallout 4 is the worst fallout game by far but a pretty fun shooter. Been enjoying it, is the DLC worth it at all? Its pretty expensive.

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50146
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Avoid the shit like Contraptions and Vault Tec DLC. It adds nothing to the game, especially if you hate the building aspect of this game. Far Harbor is the best out of the bunch, so get that if you feel so inclined. Nuka World is fucking forgettable and is only halfway decent if you plan on playing a pure evil character.

Ahh, I don't really get into settlement building, seems unnecessary for a single player RPG
Mostly just looking for quests and new world

I wish there was a DLC like gun runners there's an insulting amount of guns in fallout 4

>pretty fun shooter
The gunplay in FO4 is fucking awful.

the dlcs as a bunch, add a lot to the original fallout. the initial product was kinda mediocre, but it got better with time. plus, getting the dlc bunch is way cheaper.
btw, play on survival, its THE way to play it,
you will also need to build somethings
to keep the money/ammo going or you wont get very far on survival.

second worst

its better than fallout 3

Far Harbor is the only DLC that's really worth it (Far Harbor is better than the main game prob), Nuka World is worth it if you really wanna be an evil raider.

far harbor is the only one that's actually good and improves the game

the others just add useless fluff unless you're really autistic about the minecraft shit

>mfw i actually like the gunplay from NV over the one from 4, it had a realistic feel to it.

Why the fuck did Bethesda set it up that using any sort of mods, even those that don't do anything but improve visuals, lightning, overhauls, disable achievements in the game?

Fallout 3 is more respectful of Fallouts lore than 4 is, which is insane on levels I cant describe.

Its also better written. That doesn't mean its well written, just that it's not nearly as badly written

Fuck you Todd

Why do people keep saying this? If you take away the Fallout element you just have a generic shooter. Nothing pretty fun about it. The weapons are gay as fuck and unsatisfying to use on top of that.

After 600 hours (around 300 of them playing only vanilla) I can say is a pretty fun game.
I wasn't expecting nothing about plot or characters just like F3 and SKYRIM my only wish was an open world game and Bethesda accomplished that perfectly.
Worth is you want mindless fun.

yep

and fallout 4 beat it at every single other aspect which makes it better

this

>but a pretty fun shooter
compared to what 5 shooters

Only with Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
At least in Fallout 4 gunplay works.

This. The only reason people like it is because it's better than the 3D fallouts that came before it in terms of gunplay. Not because it's actually good.

holy shit that looks gret
Link to mods?
I'm more interested in graphic upgrades

I don't what's all of F4 haters were expecting.
All Bethesda games or at least since Morrowind are shit on every single way in terms of RPG elements and graphics.
But they are damn fun.

no, compared to what 5 games defined as "shooters", is it a "pretty fun shooter"

dont know either and morrowind is a fetch quest fest

it's so fucking terrible I just play it on easy to steam through the game. i also wiki locations for notable loot.
you would think with the id software takeover they would be able to make a competent shooter but the idiots insist on using their shit tier engine

Enjoying shitout 4 in any capacity is a great way to weed out the complete retards from people with any sort of acceptable standards. What a fucking pile of shit.
Can't believe anyone can find anything positive about that garbage fire of a game, especially after New Vegas.

Lul

Mod list and load order.
PRC ENB v0.7

OP here. Over 500 hours in new Vegas. played 1 and 2 an insane amount of times. 4 shits on the lore but I like exploring around and the combat can be fun.

>4 shits on the lore but I like exploring around and the combat can be fun.
Disrespectful faggot with shit taste confirmed.

Most of the people who keeps playing New Vegas or Fallout 3 don't care about the lore. Sames as Oblivion and Skyrim.
Thanks to the mods you can forget everything else and focus on have fun exploring.

>and fallout 4 beat it at every single other aspect which makes it better
the only thing 4 did better was companions, everything else was worse.

gameplay, crafting, the world, the immersion

I litearlly cant remember anything from the game.

I only remember to go to camps or indoor areas and kill people. Then return back to report and get money. Holy fucking shit what a fucking bad game todd.

Yeah because gunplay on F3 and NV was "good". After F4 I can't touch the older game due the shit aiming system.

It takes skill and has actual projectiles unlike 4's cowadooty garbage.

please lets not act like NV and Fo3 ''take skills''. theres a limit to the type of faggotery you can engage in to defend your game

>It takes skill
Are you kidding me?
After years playing NV just now I realise how shitty the gunplay was.
And I'm not even talking about F3.
I love NV but nostalgia doesn't blind me.

Fuck off Todd you cantankerous piece of shit. Stop pushing this garbage meme, your gunplay is even shittier than New Vegas's somehow. Fuck off with your call of duty faggotry.

>Reeee todd

fallout 3 < fallout 4

Yeah dude everything is Todd when you don't have any argument.
NV is one of my favorite games ever but F4 have a superior gunplay.

They're both fucking shitty piles of dog shit, Todd. Literally nobody cares about your trash when New Vegas exists.

The DLC is not worth it, period. The base game, I agree, is pretty good, even if it is the worst Fallout game. The DLC just highlights Fo4's flaws instead of fixing them or doing something new with its elements.

If you really want to get one, get Far Harbor, but know that it's just Point Lookout 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Fallout NV dialogue options > Fallout 3 > Fallout 4

Fallout 4 gameplay and exploration > fallout NV > Fallout 3

I like how the metacritic ranking, barring the non canon meme games, is almost the exact opposite of what the ranking should be (just put 4 below 3 and it's solid).

Exploration was best in 3.
Roleplaying, Dialogue, and Story was best in NV.
Combat was best in 4.

>damn i lost that debate, fallout 4 is really better than the 3
>oh i know, i will call him todd and move the goalpost and talk about NV instead

sorry about that debate you lost, happens to everyone

Pretty much this.
But after a while dialogues gets repetitive, if you complete the game more than once finally you lost the will even to go out of GoodSprings.
Mojave is dead there's any interesting firefight happend aside from random NCR soldiers vs legionaries also Vipers and Jackals outpost.
On the other hand WA ruins with super mutants fighting the BOS were a little more interesing.
But FO4 take the cake when the BOS arrives to Boston there's a ton of thing happening around every location a lot of firefights and every place is full of enemies.

How can you be so nice? kek
You're one of the few anons who seems to enjoy playing games instead throwing shit about them.

>and exploration
I lost interest in exploration when it was all just raiders/gunners/drau- I mean, Feral Ghouls. The loot AND bosses being randomly generated for the legendary system (of which I despised) didn't help either.

Could be right, I remember enjoying exploration in fallout 3 but 4 is newer so I guess I remember things about it a bit better

Shame I get tired of most games after one playthrough, I would have given 4 a second but missed the season pass sale and no way I'm replaying the game missing on all that new content.

Because I those games.
But people hate Bethesda and praise Obsidian pretty much they don't care about the game itself they can't even see the flaws of their favorite they only care about the company behind them.
Bethesda really nailed most of flaws on F3/NV with F4.
Personally I love NV but I'm not blind and Obsidian does't pay me to suck their cock neither Bethesda.

I love*

Well I enjoyed finding legendary enemies and didn't mind the loot. I think it's better having legendaries randomly spawn than having some bosses in specific places and that's it. Although there's still special monsters that appear on a set place, like that giant mirelurk on a swamp or supermutant behemonts.

Random bosses so impersonal, to me. A dungeon wasn't made by the developer handcrafting an experience but placing markers that draw from a pool of randomly generated effects. Cobbled together to make a boss.

The loot even more so. A system of magic weapons and armors that feels like it was ripped straight from Borderlands. Nothing about them really felt 'unique', they were just gimmicks and it turned into a game of rolling until you got an explosive shotgun or minigun. NV and F3 uniques at least have some personality to them.

>people playing FO4 for hundreds of hours

How unironically autistic you have to be to actually do this

Is nuka world worth it if you're obsessed about decorating your house with Nuka World memorabilia and fantasizing about what the soda tastes like even though compared to Sunset Sarsaparilla it's inferior

I was initially impressed with 4, but as usual, my save file is infected with a permanent glitch that I can't find a workaround for. I can't talk or trade with any of my companions, which is very frustrating.

I think what caused it is the whole "the world keeps going while you're in dialogue" gimmick which has caused so many fucking problems for me, i wish they'd abandon it. Stupid fucking idea.

It's a good idea, the problem is that their engine is a fucking garbage fire.

why does anybody care about achievements?

I thought just exploring Nuka world was fun enough honestly but yeah it's bullshit quests

That, plus they need to stop putting quest and character dialogue in the middle of firefights. I've fucked up a quest or two because of random raiders and other enemies that get riled up from a BoS Vertibird aggroing the entire commonwealth and interrupting dialogue, and Nick keeps asking me to hunt down holotapes in the middle of battle. Not the time buddy.

Consider this another recommendation for Far Harbor - it's Point Lookout 2.0. The story is actually quite good, the sub-quests worthwhile, and the new weapons and armor are statistically not great but cool and fun to play with.

Only real problem is that once you do the quests, that's it. There is NOTHING else to do on the island. 2 dungeons, like 3 places to build stuff.

>Story is good
>"is random chinese girl a synth or isn't she?"
literally who cares. The only good things about that dlc were the Vault and the fact that the faction choice was slightly more interesting/gray than the one in the main quest. All of that can be counterbalanced by the 2 hour Portal ripoff puzzle thing.

That vault was literally and non-figuratively ripped off from a New Vegas mod.

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50146

Fallout 4 improved on the grafix and melee combat
a shame they flunked on nearly everything else

gunplay is the same as it's always been: shit

All the more reason to make it a canon part of the universe.

>The combat was fun!
>Can't reload if there's a body or container near you because the reload button is the open container button
>Can't switch to unarmed via hotkeys, always have to open the menu to unequip your weapon
>Gun bash and grenades are on the same keybind
>Actual shooting is just generic CoD hitmarker fare

Nuka World conflicts horribly with the good character that you are forced to play in Vanilla.

dat rollercoaster ride doe

>Can't reload if there's a body or container near you because the reload button is the open container button
I've never had this problem once in all the hundreds of hours I've played Fo4, and all you'd have to do is map reload to a different key.

I don't understand this criticism. I still think Fo4 is the worst Fallout game, but as far as combat goes it is the most solid in the series.

I wish there were more unique looking weapons in fallout 3 that's why I don't mind randomly generated loot, most special weapons in fallout 3 were an exact copy of their normal counterpart but with different stats, at least 4 lets you customize them.

"Unique" weapons in 4 were literally just normal weapons with legendary effects you could find in loot anyway.

NV had the best system.

For a lot of people (including me) FO3 was their first Bethesda game and first Fallout game.

Now that I've played the rest, FO3 is pretty medicore. I still have a soft spot it, but I would rather play NV desu.

it happens more often with stealth builds cause you're bound to be closer to the ground during combat, but it definitely does happen

>want to replay Far Harbor
>remember the puzzle section with Dima

Nope.jpg

>Fallout 4 is the worst fallout game by far

Not even close.

compared to 3 and NV it's fucking fantastic, i was legit shocked when i first tried it
other than that it's pretty meh

>fallout 4 is worse than brotherhood of steel

You fit in with the neo-Sup Forums toddlers whose first gaming experience was the xbox 360, but you stink like shit to everyone else.

Ever since the PIP-PAD mod, I can't play with that retarded default garbage on my character's arm. I'm sure her forearm would be invisible if the PIP-BOY wasn't there for your character though.

>game handles like an actual fps instead of clunky garbage
>clunky garbage is somehow better

I don't get your thought process user, I like the 3 and nv as much as the next guy but the shooting in both games felt like hot wet steaming smelly diseased ridden infected garbage.

shooting in 4 is nearly identical
only melee and unarmed got changed to be more responsive

>compared to 3 and NV
>its fantastic
No its not.

you honestly like 4 over 3 and NV? I think you'd have to be retarded to have that opinion.

it's really not, the aiming and shooting feel more natural and responsive. It's not nearly as clunky and unnatural feeling as the older games. The big thing is I don't feel like I have to rely on V.A.T.S anymore which is a huge plus to the combat pacing.

As for melee they literally took skyrim's melee and put it into the game.

the gunplay absolutely the rest not so much

If you think "gunplay" means "my bullets go where I aim" then you're a pleb.

>As for melee they literally took skyrim's melee and put it into the game.
>the aiming and shooting feel more natural and responsive.
have you not even played fallout 4

What are the most have mods for Fallout 4 that don't require NMM/

One thing I REALLY like about Fallout 4 is not feeling so limited on where I can go. In Oblivion and Skyrim there are leveled items and I feel compelled to never activate their quest unless I'm a high enough level to get them at their strongest. In New Vegas I'm worried about doing actions that I should have companions around to witness, I think Cass, Boone and Arcade are like that. In Skyrim companions had a permanent level once you met them so the companion I wanted the most had to be met once I'm already about level 50 so they're at their strongest, meaning I avoid the area they spawn in for half the play through.

In Fallout 4 none of it matters. Just do what I want when I want aside from enemies that are difficult to take on at low levels. Fallout 3 and Morrowind were also good in this regard.

>have you not even played fallout 4
I'm starting to wonder the same from you. I admit the skyrim thing is over exaggerated to all hell but it reminds me of it.

As for the shooting, it just feels like an actual shooter comparatively to 3 or nv. It is however still fallout shooting, where it's projectile based and mechanically about the same. The difference about it is how the guns feel and look. There's more of a fluidity to the overall feel, the animations for recoil, ads and firing are all responsive and visually pleasing. I'm not saying it's like a completely different game, it's just fallout shooting that feels and looks better, which adds to the experience.

There are people who play FO4 without Endless Warfare + NPC Travel mods.

Those two mods allow you to make experience similar to Stalker. Lots of random shit happening all around and you actually need to think of Settlement defenses as the enemies actually walk into your settlements.

>have fun exploring
>oh boy another outpost with raider/mutants and a level scaled random loot box at the end

Are there booty and body mod/sliders for 4?

No, it's a mediocre shooter. Most of the guns look retarded and the weapon modding system was totally wasted. The world, dungeons, and DLC suffered immensely because they wasted so much time on their shitty building game
They basically wasted a ton of time on something modders would've done and parts of the game that modders cannot supplement for suffered for it
The story was awful but unlike most Beth games you can't avoid or ignore it because your faggot PC is constantly whining about your family whenever any goddamn irrelevant sidequest NPC gives you the opportunity
They even fucked over modding by taking so long to get the CK out and then releasing Skyrim SE so early and driving a ton of people back to that game

All the calculations they implemented for damage really improved it too

It's better than 3. But that's not saying much considering how awful 3 is.