What are the chances that Bethesda will finally use a different engine for their next Elder Scrolls game...

What are the chances that Bethesda will finally use a different engine for their next Elder Scrolls game? They've used Gamebryo/Creation Engine in some form or another since Morrowind.

Slightly better because they can pivot towards something around idTech. They probably won't though, because people will buy their shit regardless.

Little to none. What's the point? Fallout 4 was so lazily adapted from Skyrim's version of the Creation Engine that the status effects of the game were treated as Magic Effects by the engine.

0%

Why change cows if the current one is still giving milk?
It's not like normies care about that kind of stuff, they'll buy it day 1 anyway.

>2017
>wanting a new ES game

Literally zero chance. They've been promising new engines since Oblivion and every time it's some fucking modified Gamebryo engine. Skyrim has coding leftovers from Morrowind, Fallout 4 has coding leftovers from Skyrim like shouts.

Can't believe Bethesda is working on a Fallout 5 before TES 6

What good is a new engine going to do if they keep making shit games?

I think it's a possibility, that's one of the only real reasons I can think of for having a 7+ year gap in the series.

Why make a new game if Skyrim still sells?

Why make a new one when we have ESO

not to mention that vertibirds are just re scripted dragons

Bethesda is making a Mass Effect type game right now, with a new engine.
They will use that engine for the next TES game.
It doesn't simulate physics for each spoon or remembers where you put it.

They should just do what Bioware did and switch to Frostbite :^)

you have no clue of that you fucking faggot
stop trying to sound smart

Well their new engine can do vehicles properly, so its almost like that.

I didn't know this and yet I am not surprised.

It will be set in Hammerfell so we can see all the cultural enrichment the region has to offer.

It's currently trendy.

>It's currently trendy.
There are two more games being developed and released before the next TES is. Bethesda officially said so.

they're making a halo or mass effect rip off game in the mean + that leaked game of thrones rpg
tl;dr they want to not be known as just the "tes and fallout developer" and it's absolute autism

It's the reason their flight paths are completely fucked and don't behave like helicopters. They're tilting side to side like gliders because they use the dragon leftovers.

If they do choose to go to id-tech (they probably will)

they will need to adapt it (rather severely) to the kind of games they make.

If you've ever opened cretion kit or GECK, you'll see that Bethesda games are constructed in a very specific way. None of that stuff is built-in to ID, the same way non of that stuff was built-in to gamebyro.

My guess is the reason we haven't seen any press about the next big Bethesda game is because they're still working on their jury-rigged idtech offshoot, and it will take them a while to construct it before they can even begin to work on a game.

Because just switching to something like the unreal engine is going to fix all problems.

>different engine
>losing all potential dosh from easy gamebryo mods