What am I in for?

What am I in for?

crusadan

kingan

incest
increase council power
and a fun time with events and mad kings

Boners you never knew you wanted

Can I create a holy empire in this game and purge heathens across the land? I've never played it before and only seen screenshots and I want to know if I can sufficiently remove heretic.

yes, but you can't play as a bishop or pope

Not only that, you can even be a muslim

You're essentially playing as an Individual within a realm (country). Now through out any modern ideals of nation state because that does not matter. I'd recommend when starting off to play as a Count or Duke under a King. It will let you learn the game and still have fun. Playing a MP game with some friends of mine started with me as the Count of Cornwall before moving up to Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Wessex, King of Ireland and King of Brittany. It's a slow process but the journey is the best part making it to those goals.

a shallow, easy, mediocre game.
t. vicky 2 pro

Yes. And not just any holy empire, but the Holy Roman Empire.
Marry into the Byzantine Empire to claim it as well.

>Buy Reaper's Due
>Become Immortal

>having fantasy shit on
typical CK2tard. i bet you play vanilla

>be king of ireland
>have 2 children that are twins. boy and girl
>boy is heir as usual
>girl gets married to a muslim country cause she was a bad bitch
>forget about her
>boy doesn't have any children and his wife also died early
>he also dies
>heir is bitch now
>king dies and bitch becomes queen
>but bitch is in a regular marriage meaning the kids are not my dynasty
>bitch dies and muslim son takes over ireland
>all that effort creating ireland from a county wasted because of one bitch

Vanilla player here. I turn Fantasy elements off every time. Possbily with the exception of SUnset Invasion, but that's only when I think I need a little action/challenge.

The best RPG ever made.

This comic is very good. Especially when you get really into the character you play as.

I think it's why I love it over all the other Paradox games and still come back to it regularly. It's both a grand strategy game and an RPG, the fun in Paradox games have always been to mess around with history, conquering Japan as Korea, reclaiming the glory of Rome from the Turkish heathens, making Norse into the dominant religion of Europe, and Crusader Kings 2 let's you go so damn deep with it.

>Second in line to throne
>Not married matrilineally
Only yourself to blame there, chum.

Blobbing

How do you become immortal?
I think I've played like 50 hours with Reaper's Due and fantasy elements and never gotten any events like it.

I just want have some fun creating a god emperor.

DLCs
Get ready for China

i had everything and lost it all

That too, but another reason I really like CKII compared to other Paradox games like EUIV or Vicky II is the stability and management aspect. In other game you conquer some land, maybe give some local autonomy if you're playing EUIV and then it's yours forever, unless you're retarded enough to lose land to the AI. In CKII you have to assign the land to a person, and even if he likes you then it's not certain he'll like your heir, or that his heir will like you. The fact that you have to keep your vassals happy to avoid civil war and the options to choose between "Small and centralized" or "big and decentralized" and "Few powerful vassals" or "many less powerful vassals".

You get the holy grail quest and need a good deal of luck.

Since the Monks and Mystics DLC reforming religions became incredibly easy.
As long as you own a holy side you can arbitrarily change your religion and then bribe your Vassals to do the same.
I literally managed to turn the Abbasid Caliphate completely jewish, build the third temple, re-create the Kohen Gadol and then reform the Zunist faith and establish the Church of the Zun with only one character.
I'm pretty sure i could have been the Zoroastrian Saoshyant as well.

Can't wait to play my game in 3 fps.
They should have just made a standalone spinoff like Sengoku or something. It's not like you are gonna be mixing with Europe a lot when playing a Chinese lord anyways. Hell just made a Crusader Kings: East Asia version.

Is this reddit?

>I'm a horse
this makes me lose my shit laughing

there won't be mainland china in the game, tho.

which 2 DLCs does Sup Forums recommend?

That's the new Chancellor.

So, how do you get that quest/event, just luck or does it have some perquisites I never accomplished? I mean 50 fucking hours you would expect to get it at least once.

I suppose I could just console the trait but it wouldn't be the same.

Is liquy 2 any good?

all of em except sunset invasion

>Can't wait to play my game in 3 fps
Don't have a shit PC or don't go fast. I personally play on speed one most of the time,
making one full playthrough last more than 200 hours, since I also pause every once in a while.

>so new he doesn't know reddit adopted this comic from here

not really. better than all the other ones, tho. especially with grandi mod

The Old Gods is pretty much mandatory as it unlocks half of the map to play.

>I mean 50 fucking hours you would expect to get it at least once
You must be new at this.

Seriously. Kinda makes me happy but what is the point in even having them?
I mean I'd love to play a game in China, I love the idea, but the game is unstable enough as it is so it's probably for the better.

But I'm a poorfag and I like playing on speed 3-4 and pausing a lot, at least when I'm playing singleplayer.

Most of them are good. Only really optional one is Sunset Invasion.

>when you've played hundreds of hours since the release and still haven't managed to trigger the merry men questline even once

stop complaining you didn't get to be immortal

>I like playing on speed 3-4
Well if you can't afford it then you can't afford it.

Unironically me. One of my favorite ever campaigns was as a muslim.

>It's a Pope calls a crusade on some random duchy in the middle of India episode
I'm tired of this one

Played it since release and got around 500 hours on it. Which obviously isn't a huge amount when it comes to Paradox games but still.

You have to have begative money to do so.

What? Are you playing with mods? Provinces in India have approximately zero crusade target weight in vanilla.

>518 hours played
>not one game completed

Never happens unless you blob into Persia or a horde converts.
Prove me wrong.

>Highway robber band
It adds up.

>India
god I hope the next xpac makes them interesting, because that region is boring as shit

could have just turned the center of india into wasteland and saved my poor processor

I once had three Robin's and Marion's in my court.
Still never got an immortality event though.

Well, time for another go, what should I play this time?
Thinking of maybe trying import it into EUIV later since I've never done it before.

just install no india mod, you mong. gosh, ck babies are so dumb.

India isn't a religion

>just install a half-assed mod that breaks half the middle east events

and I wouldn't mind it if the region was more interesting, I actually like the horse lords extension because hordes are fun to play as

I can relate. I got close once, but I quite because it was my first succesful playthrough and when I got so mighty that I could defeat anyone it got boring. In fact I didn't even have to try, my vassals expanded my empire on their own. Now I can get a lot of fun out of roleplaying and setting arbitrary goals that hinder me from getting too powerful.

Are you the guy that was just posting on Sup Forums?

>hordes are fun to play as

The closest I've ever gotten to finishing a Paradox game was in Vicky 2 when I got to like 1930. before Italy conquered half my country and I raged quit.

He said REGION not religion.

>last full game I played
>769 start
>started as the duke of holland
>made the kingdom of Frisia after a couple of hundred years
>got the good old days achievement
>getting near to the end of the game
>immortal event triggers
>NPC is an Indian child
>actually complete the chain and become immortal
>fuck yeah
>immortal child sticks around
>she turns 16
>but her portrait stays as a child
>pick the seduction focus
>make her my mistress and spend the next 100 years fucking an immortal loli
>finish the game 7 centuries later

that was a good game

either war or if you in central europe assasinating rulers and fucking their wives for land.

I'm planning on buying this game. Would I be able to hop right into the ASOIAF mod or should I play the base game first to understand it?

been playing a republican game where I limit my personal demesne to 1 county
it's actually pretty fun, even if said county is the most op city in the world right now

>ck2 plus
>half assed

this IS Sup Forums

understand it first

>Not wanting to be Horselord, the the destroyer of civilization
>Not turning all of Europe into a nomadic land
>Not reveling in primitivism
That's how I know you're a scrub. Also 100% light cav armies are fucking strong.

if you RP as them they're fun
conquer half the world, let it fall to pieces, work your way back up

Play a game as a county in Ireland first to get to know the mechanics.

No mods, most of the DLC.
Jerusalem is held by Catholics and I've blobbed across Africa from Spain, but Persia is still all Muslim. Mongols have converted though, so apparently that has made rural India the next hot target.

>get too big
>now I spend 80% of my time fighting rebellions and uprisings

I suck at managing my vassals. I pretty much always sit around my vassal limit to keep them from getting too powerful but they still manage to fuck me. They should have added more ways to break up factions.

Try playing the game

Play as a count under the Sultan of Africa. Reconquer Sicily and Naples.
Thosw are your first goals.

>not intentionally making your vassals strong enough they can actually overthrow you if your heir sucks

That's just Venice being Venice though.
I'm playing a republican game with optimal min-maxing. I hold twelve counties, most of which have four or five sub-holdings. As many cities as possible, I'm the richest motherfucker on earth. I create a mercenary company so large and strong that no one other than me could possibly hire them. I never even hire them anyway because my retinue can handle most problems, and if there's a problem they can't then adding my levies sure will fix it. I have fully upgraded buildings hospitals in all counties and all I do is start proxy wars to get rid of my sons so I don't have to pay them wages for just existing. It's more entertaining that you'd think.

And instead spend all my time perpetually clawing my back up the food chain over and over again destroying my kingdom from within instead of trying to stabilize it?

Just be a diplomatic mastermind, or give in to their demands, if the demand is more council power or autonomy that is. As it's pretty expendable and can moderately easily be reinstated. If they aren't happy about you and want someone else on the throne, try to manage an elective monarchy instead.

>That's just Venice being Venice though.
yeh no, I'm not talking about Venice, I'm talking about the great city of Zara

the new demesne improvements mechanic is pretty nuts, it's now a 7 slot province with maximized cities in all 5 of them (all owned by me) and 6 generations worth of prosperity and heremetics improvements

I could hold more than that but that's the limit: 1 county only unless I'm doge in which case I get venice to
but yeh creating the mother of all merc stacks is fun, and so is crusading, but then I give the kingdom away to one of my nephews and ensure they're independent

Every time I do I smash the catholics :^)
In all honesty, as strange as it is, I've yet to do a catholic run, but I've tried most others.

>become immortal as a 50 year old man
>time goes by
>marry a woman and have 15 children
>they all die and im now 205 years old
>keeping doing important shit when I get a warning saying another immortal warrior has heard of a tale of a immortal king (me)
>its a female warrior and I'm given 2 years to get my personal combat skill up
>I'm a 50 year old man with a PCS of 1.
>2 years later the immortal female warrior attacks my castle
>kills all my courtiers and men
>confronts me and gives me a sword so I can defend myself in combat
>she kills me easily and chops my head off
>I die.

I was pissed but I was also laughing.

yup, that's how you keep the game interesting

>the new demesne improvements mechanic is pretty nuts, it's now a 7 slot province
Sounds like a mod to me. I play vanilla.

Hahah that's awesome, didn't know that could happen.

Better than mindless blobbing that you find in EUIV.

unmodded game, if your prosperity is at maximum you get all kinds of demesne improvement effects, one of them being the option to add another slot to the province

it costs a lot of money but patricians can afford it

Wait you can create your own mercenary armies? Neat. I've been meaning to do a republic game for ages but the uneventful early game makes me give up most of the time.

Is there a way to create The Hansa yourself and not just by starting a late date? I want to be the German jews.

I always do. Though I'm not playing with Conclave, fuck that shit.

Fair enough.

But sometimes all you want to do is some mindless blobbing.

Strange, all of my counties have level three properity, and have had for centuries and I've never noticed something like that. Is it an even't or is there some menu that I'm not aware of?

>didn't fuck the female warrior to get a immortal children

>Though I'm not playing with Conclave, fuck that shit
It's great though. It adds more levels to empire management, or do you actually not like doing it?

What's the best religion to blob?
I'm playing as a Catholic and Holy Wars are great, but they have a long ass cooldown.

>I've been meaning to do a republic game for ages but the uneventful early game makes me give up most of the time
Just start as a tribe and turn into a republic, that's what I did. And no there's no formable nation such as the Hansa.

nomads, though they're very unstable. Though if you want a religion probably muslims with jihads and conquest wars.

>sometimes all you want to do is some mindless blobbing
Then play EUIV, it's a better game for that purpose. Or better yet, Hearts of Iron IV.
>mfw annexing all of the USA in one go, after a month and a half invasion

it's an event, more specifically its the "Reclaim land" event from rip_propserity_events.txt

baseline it's fairly hard to trigger but it gets massive boosts in probability from high stewardship, high learning, learning or stewardship education, intelligence trait (hereditary or educational), diligent or one of the occupation traits you'd expect (architect, gardener, administrator, scholar)

that playthrough I went with basically everyone in the heremetics society so I virtually always met those requirements

Just play as a heresy no one else has and you can holy war everyone.