Was this Nintendo's magnum opus?

Was this Nintendo's magnum opus?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pHNhlqjy614
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It wasn't even the best smash game, what the fuck are you on about?

Sup Forums isn't smart enough to appreciate it.

I miss Brawl's art direction.

brawl had best music, not too much else

Honestly, if SSE didn't have Brawl speed/controls and removed the great maze, it would be next to GOAT. I'm pissed Tr4sh didn't even bother with a story mode at all. I miss all the hype before its release though.

>staying up late to catch the update just when Sakurai uploads it
>speculating about the Ancient Minister, Lucas replacing Ness

Can't fault what they added to the game at all really. People were just divided because it didn't play exactly the same as Melee though.

>the wave of posting when pokemon trainer was revealed
>the shitstorm during sonic's reveal

*trips and falls over*

and single-player content too

Brawl>SSB4>Melee>SSB
Competitive fags belong in the trash

youtube.com/watch?v=pHNhlqjy614

What makes you rate Sm4sh so high?

more characters than Melee and SSB and online

>Those lyrics
Absolutely kino

>People never realized the Wii was intended to be Nintendo's kinomachine
>We might never get beautifully orchestrated games like SSBB or pic related from Nintendo ever again
The Wii is such an underrated console.

I miss Japan Time

>it's 10 years old next year

>couldn't have another Adventure mode because muh cutscenes on Youtube

That's twice in a row that Sakurai decided to fuck his own game up due to forces outside of his control.

No it isn't. I sold my Wii after I beat galaxy, prime 3 and Brawl. None of those games were good.

Ive got a cracked Wii and didnt even download that game

Worst Smash period

Real talk, it's the best Smash game if you ignore the competitive scene. Awesome roster, music, graphics, and a shitton of stuff to do.

Melee's still a close second, and then Sm4sh (would've been really good if it had better/more single player) and 64 (still fun but there isn't much to it).

This is the one Smash game that has aged horribly and there's hardly any reason to go back to. Smash 64 is nostalgic and it's easy and satisfying to connect hits. Melee is the most fast-paced and you can pull off crazy shit, had a really good atmosphere, memorable levels, good music, and the best intro. Smash 4 strikes a good balance for me in terms of speed and combo potential, if the characters were better balanced it would be the perfect game. All Brawl has going for it is a shit ton of content, but once the novelty wears off none of that content matters when the gameplay sucks compared to the other Smash games.

melee still destroys smash 4 in single player content

Bad taste.

I just like the SSE. It's tragic that they dropped in 4.
Brawl also had really good visual and sound design.

That wasn't why
Think about how much time subspace took to make, and think about how much time players spend in subspace versus just fighting each other
Another adventure like subspace was just seen as a waste of resources.