Best dungeon

>best dungeon
>yet doesn't get the appreciation it deserves
What went so right?

Funny, i was hoping you could tell me.

>doesn't get the appreciation it deserves

how the fuck so?

Every person I talked to found it to be one of the top 3 moments in the game.

Lemme break it down
>freeform gameplay allowing you to decide how you want to get up to the sanctum
>epic, sweeping music
>sprawling, massive dungeon with side content
>that feeling you get at endgame when you storm the castle from the front and fight your way up the main road

It's very non-linear in design. There's multiple different pathways the player can take and incorporates a lot of vertical layers throughout. The music that plays really feels like your tackling an impregnable fortress and so does the atmosphere. It makes use of all the players abilities you learn throughout the game and secrets hidden all around Really good level design in general basically.

>It's very non-linear in design.
All of the Divine Beasts are like this, you can activated the five terminals in each one in any order you want allowing for twenty five progression paths through each of them.

one of the best dungeons they've ever made in a Zelda game. If they made a game with 5-6 of those kinds of dungeons it would be GOTYAY as far as I'm concerned.

I want to believe BotW3 will be a similarly sized Hyrule with 6 Hyrule Castle style dungeons. I don't expect them to figure out what people actually want in time for BotW2.

You think they make a direct sequel? I figure it'd be in the next mainline iteration of LoZ some 4-5 years down the road.

Of course, DLC with those kinds of dungeons included would be greatly appreciated.

My main problem with the beasts are that their too short and all share about the same aesthetic.

I expect them to use the same engine with the same physics for at least two more retail releases.

Isn't it the only dungeon? Maybe that's why people like it so much

what was the intended route through the game?

was it Zora, Goron, Rito, Gerudo, Ganon?

>Not storming the castle as an inbred peasant early on.

There's 5 dungeons in total and eventide island is practically a mini-dungeon.

I'll take those over a linear sequence of locked doors, only valid complaint is the monotonous aesthetics.

I went through the castle twice. Once after going through my first divine beast in the Zora area. Infiltrating through the river with the Zora armor and sneaking through stealing all those good drops and shit. Actually made it to the top of the castle too, but decided to wait to the end to fight the boss.

Second time was endgame, storming the castle through the front gates.

Such as well-made dungeon, one of the best they've ever done desu

I fucking loved the eventide island. Went there completely blind and it was a blast.

I'm glad they brought that same scenario back with the master trials

Agreed.

After I beat it the first time I did do a naked run to the castle. Got assblasted by the Malformed Ganon's a few times but still working on it,

The beasts were cute, the island was a nice surprise and very memorable, but what I want is more Hyrule Castles.

The difference is that to complete the beasts you absolutely have to activate all the terminals, and for the most part all of the terminals are so close together that being able to activate them in any order is of little consequence.
Hyrule Castle on the other hand is actually completely open-ended, probably because it's the only dungeon in the game that's directly integrated into the equally open-ended overworld (which should've been the case with all of the dungeons really, massive missed oppurtunity there), and it's expansive enough that that open-endedness actually matters.

LITERALLY everyone used the zora suit to skip the ENTIRE castle

The atmosphere of hearing the indoors theme while reading all of Zelda's innermost insecurities and fears from her diary really is something else.

Say what?

agreed. If all the dungeons were on the same level as Hyrule Castle this would be one of the best games of all time.

>not running through the castle in different ways and having new experiences

Of course you can cheese it if you want to. Hell, I got the climbing set on and skipped EVERYTHING just for the hell of it (and to see if it was possible). Doesn't mean the dungeon design is bad.

The order of the champion cut scenes when they attack Ganon is Rito, Zora, Goron, Gerudo right, so probably that.

Thats why its so good. You can completely skip it if you want to. There's so many different ways to tackle it.

Rito first huh? I guess it was pretty difficult getting to the Zora place, and there wasn't anything stopping you from getting to the Rito place, so that's probably right.

That's also probably the power level of the buffs they give.

I found it pretty anti-climactic, to be honest. It has no actual obstacles to speak of outside of enemies you've already fought many times. I understand that it's supposed to be the culmination of the game's over-arching open-ended design, but I found the shrines a lot more interesting due to their reliance on actual problem-solving.

There is no intended order you fucking retards, that's the entire point of the game.

to be fair, they put a bunch of shit in your way leading up to the castle itself, and there are tons of guardians and lynels in the castle itself. You can make it anti-climactic if you sneak in or climb up instead, but that's on you at that point

You know the rules, fag.
Don't give me that webm bullshit because you know as well as I do that it's no streaming.

I assume they expected people to do Zora first because it's the closest to Kakariko/Hateno. They also put all the Zoras around in the rivers who tell you to go to Zora's Domain.

Then Gorons are the next closest, so most people probably go that way. But in terms of "don't go this way" barriers, the fire air actually makes Goron Village the hardest to get to, so some may choose Rito instead.

I did Goron, Gerudo, then Rito.

The four dungeon (five if you want to count the final castle) were utterly amazing. A bit short by themselves, but given the steps to unlock it, it makes more sense for the entire region to be the dungeon and the Divine Beast is just the final part to finish it off,

Honestly I didn't even like the two main dungeons in Wind Waker or most of the N64 dungeons. I DID like the Forsaken Fortress and the Gerudo Fortress, which are more like the predecessors to BotW.

I did the terminal inside the weel in vah ruta,not moving the trunk and with a chest and magnesis

>Forsaken Fortress
Why?

The official guide goes Zora, Gerudo, Rito and Goron.

I never got this open world philosophy of you can do anything therefore its good. Game's are a set of rules you need to work within in order to accomplish a goal. They're restrictive by nature. It's one thing to have options, but its another to effortlessly skip over or faceroll content. My fondest memories of vidya are when I was forcibly blocked by enemies or puzzles and I had to just work through them if I wanted to get further.

Wait, there are lynels in the castle?

In the two guardhouses, you get locked in with Lynels.

The music is amazing and the nonlinearity is cool, but you're fighting all the same enemies as before and there's no particularly memorable parts

There's a small round building you can wander in where the gates will slam down when you enter and a lionel appears. Might have been tense if you couldn't just climb out of it.

It was smaller than it appeared. I went thru multiple times to get all the landmarks like the library, collect all korok seeds, get the hylean shield, and to kill all the boss monsters for the medal. I just felt like it was serviceable I still liked skyward swords dungeons better

It is good to have options, some casual fucks or people with bad gear would just skip the castle using shortcuts or their imagination, the ones that defeated the divine beasts and have decent gear though, will want to go through the main and defeat the enemies protecting the castle while advancing, which is far harder.

Words cannot describe how pissed off I was to discover that you can't glide off of the bird.

You don't have to use the Zora suit if you don't want to. Allowing the player to go in any order increases replayabilty.

>The only dungeon that even partially resembles Aonuma's lies

It's still a snooze, but at least the music was good.

>You can make it anti-climactic it you don't go out of your way to make it climactic
I love how open-ended is the same as not having to direct anything or make sure the sequence of events flow properly.
How is wandering around a lifeless castle fighting a lynel climactic anyway? Even Ganon isn't climactic because the story and his character and impact is presented so horribly.
The only thing moving about BotW was Darkbeast Ganon's theme, and that was giving me goose skin before (and after) I found out how lazy the fight was. That's what happens when you have somebody (the composer, in this case) who knows how to create pieces of music and arrange them to make an emotional piece. Imagine if during his composition he decided just to let all of the players play whatever they wanted, whenever. That's how BotW was directed.
Killing shit doesn't feel heroic (or even fun), Blood Moon is spooky but it's a cutscene for radiant gameplay, the Champions are force ghosts with no characters, Villages are never attacked and nobody in the game world is ever under any threat gameplay or story-wise. It's an Action-Adventure set to a backdrop of Fantasy and Heroism, with some of the worst Action, a Low-Fantasy underdeveloped setting, and zero emphasis on Heroism.

prease remembah too buya da drc

Am I at bizarro Sup Forums?

Yeah, it was fun to walk around it, but there were literally two puzzles, the rest is a series of rooms with enemies you already fought outside that area. It's literally just a castle with multiple entry points, I fail to see how it could even be considered a dungeon.