Did this game do anything right?

Well?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YPZtRmx1Dyk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It has the capacity to do just about anything.

Damn....

It was fine. It wasn't stellar, it wasn't abysmal.
People here will say they liked it when the next one comes out.

i liked it and it was my first elder scrolls game, but then again people who play the previous installment of a game are almost always going to say the other was better

I liked it more than oblivion and oblivion was my first

The soundtrack, while not nearly as distinct or individually listenable as Morrowind or Oblivion's music, has one of the best pieces of ambient music ever made.

youtube.com/watch?v=YPZtRmx1Dyk

>gave us some decent but overused memes
>expanded the modding community
>gave waifu fags a bunch of new options
I'm out.

as i first played them, I felt morrowind>skyrim>oblivion
but at this point morrowind is so outdated it isn't that enjoyable. i hope it get a remake/

It's cozy, I'll give it that.

I wish RPGs would just focus on cozy fleshed out immersive worlds, simulating what life would be like in that world and less on thrusting you into retarded save the world plots.

>morrowind is so outdated it isn't that enjoyable
agreed, I tried playing it but it's hard to get immersed when everything looks like origami

Morrowind can look pretty damn good with the graphics mods out there now.

dungeon crawling is p good in it. It really is immersive and pretty but only if you have a goal. When you have no goal in mind finding a new one can be pretty hard because there's honestly not that much to accomplish imo

dungeons were better
overall better aesthetic
combat was better than Morrowind I guess...
I liked the climate

Modability

The landscape is beautiful.

Mods.
Aside from which it effectively ruined open world gaming by making it popular and accessible, to the point they even ruined BOTW with that shit, and no mods in the world can fix zelda now.

Dungeon crawling sucks, they're all linear as fuck and full of one type of enemy with repetitive and extremely obvious traps.

overworld + music, gotta admit beth outdone itself this time

No matter what you're thinking, Skyrim was the most popular elder scroll. It made a lot of people discovering the universe and the other Elder scrolls games, and as long as TESO permits Bethesda to earn a lot of money, you won't see any Elder scrolls VI.

Anyway, somebody could help me here ?

Even modding the game was painful because of the shortcomings of Creation Kit.

Says you, I got exactly everything I wanted out of mods.
>tfw you wake up in a cave one day, on your hands and knees, as the broodbitch for a group of wolves, and decide "this is the day my adventure starts *awooo~*"

You can't download Skywind right now, there is no public release.

Im not talking about installing and playing the mods, Im talking about actually making the mods with Bethesda's mod tools.

The beginning was alright. Unfortunately it suffers from being boring shit that I never bothered finishing. Tried to 2 years ago and still failed.

Been eyeing Dragon's Dogma lately. Apparently that has some actual fun in it without only relying on muh mods.

the particular lore surrounding skyrim. by that i mean the dragonborn, shouts, greybeards. i also thought the setting was good and the music. even better with some mods. everything else was trash. by that i mean combat and magic. no stats. wtf.

>It has the capacity to do just about anything.
yeah, with mods.

Idk I enjoy dungeon crawling more than any other Elder Scrolls game. It's bioshocky. It actually controls nice.

it's hard to do dragons correctly
it was a step in the right direction

I like how it did spellcasting. Equipping spells like weapons was much more satisfying than the way magic worked in Oblivion. Spells could work in several different ways, like whether they could be cast instantly or had to be charged first, or whether they required one hand or two, or the fact that lightning spells hit instantly but have shorter range. I like how you can charge up a spell and keep it charged while you line up a shot. They didn't do so well with the scaling and they didn't put in enough spells, but they did make a good framework, at least.

Another thing the game did right was being so moddable. Every game that allows so much modding should be praised for that. I just wish quest mods were easier to make so more people would make them.

Marketing