Games where you're forced to have the worst character in your party at all times

>Games where you're forced to have the worst character in your party at all times
Fucking why

I don't understand, are you talking about Mario? It's a Mario RPG and Mario is the main character, no shit you have to have him in the party.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Fucking Mario's a drag in the neck.

>can't swap out mario for other team members
>forced to have at least one rabbid on your team
If not for these two things the game would be perfect.

Yeah, but what does that matter? It's set in the Mario Universe but that doesn't mean you should be forced into having Mario in your party. You can play as other characters in other Mario games.
Requiring one Mario character and one Rabbids character was fine, but forcing Mario as well as limiting the party size to 3 people is pretty shit.

I thought that auto shot skill was pretty good
The weapon buff can be useful every now and then to squeeze that extra dmg you need

You can dash and jump on an enemy in the same turn so the point of mario is for you to build up his jump attack. Movement is key

>Movement is key
>Lowest movement tiles of any character
Another reason he's shit

Yeah, having those two limits is what fucks everything up.

>can't have Yoshi/Luigi/Peach on the same team

>game forces you to use the best character at all times, so the game ends up easy

The challenge is about building up those points though, it wouldn't be fun if he was OP in the beginning

I dunno man, his overwatch is legit. Plus his stomps are a fucking game changer when they're leveled up

It does matter, how many RPGs have a main character you can swap out? Besides, he has a lot of great offensive abilities.

He gets outmanoeuvred by Rabbid Mario and Rabbid Luigi though who both have far superior movement based abilities. Compared to those two Mario isn't that good at all.

>tfw want both luigis and yoshi
>mario keeps being dumb and hogging a spot
Whats his fucking problem?

I'm just a sucker for the overwatch in this game. It makes fights trivial, it's so good.

>Overwatch Mario and Luigi
>use magnet dance with Rabbid Mario
>enjoy the carnage

>how many RPGs have a main character you can swap out?
Only the best ones.

Just beat the World 2 mid-boss. This game is super fun, man. I feel like most encounters I go from "Aw fuck this is gonna be rough" to "Dang I'm actually doing it" to "That wasn't as bad as I was expecting" which feels great.
Just unlocked Rabbid Mario, too. How is he? What's your preferred team combo? Rabbid Luigi's vamp ability carried me through that mid-boss, so i think he's earned his spot on my team.

>Known for jumping on things
>Game doesn't give you the ability to chain jumps together

Seriously those skill trees are the biggest letdown in the game. Also Luigi Rabbid best Rabbid

>Best party member can not be used at the main story's missions at all

Mario, Rabbid Luigi and Rabbid Mario have taken me through the entire game so far (I'm on last world atm).
R.Luigi and R.Mario's Dash abilities are both fantastic combined with their high movespeed. R.Luigi is basically the best healer in the game if you can get Vampire up on enemies and then have everyone else attack them, and R.Mario's Boom Dash is probably the best AoE in the game.

He's very good. High hp, slide hits a radius, and can do a fuckton of damage. His only downside is limited attack range, as his weapon is essentially a shotgun

Luigi can do two team jumps

I've been rocking Mario, Luigi and Rabbid Peach so far. Midway through the third world now. If I were able to swap out Rabbid Peach for Peach my team would be fucking perfect. As it is now I'm considering taking her out for Rabbid Mario. Rabbid Peach has an amazing dash though, so idk.

>Just unlocked Rabbid Mario, too. How is he?
He's a double edged sword. His explosive dash and main weapon have the ability to hit multiple targets with one attack but he can also hit team mates for the same amount of damage, and increasing his dash blast radius can be very deadly for your party if you like having them close to each other. He also has the ability to inflict stone which is one of the best abilities in the game. It freezes them in place like honey and makes them unable to attack with their main or use their special like freeze and ink

tl;dr He's strong but you need to be more strategic for him

I've been using Rabbid Yoshi a lot since I unlocked him.
He seems to be the most versatile of the bunch, great survivabilty as well as good in both close and long range fights.
His grenade + multi dash attacks can fuck up grouped up enemies too.

We're talking about Mario fucktard

what are you talking about? Mario's stomp is amazing. I just wish he could do it multiple times like the rabbids can do multi dashes

Luigi is just green Mario anyways.

i hated that this fucker was forced into my party and started at level 1 but i eventually warmed up to it and felt obliged to raise and keep it

>I just wish he could do it multiple times like the rabbids can do multi dashes
Which is why he's bad. He's outclassed by similar abilities other offensive characters have, so he essentially takes up the slot that you'd use for a support character like Peach.

I feel like I never even used Mario's hammer.
I use Rabbid Mario's all the time but for some reasons the hammer on Mario feels like a wasted secondary slot
Also
>get Rabbid Yoshi
>can upgrade his shield to parry two full hits and reduce cooldown to one turn from the get go
Fucking wew

Playing Mario / Rabbid Mario / Peach for maximum offence/healing
Mario has a very decent skill

The only thing I hate about the game is how Mario & co are unable to due consecutive attacks aside from Luigi's double jump and being able to double their overwatch shots. The Rabbids are so good and the fact that I can't use 3 in one party irks me.

>Rabbid Yoshi has the most amount of dashes (5)
>Rabbid Yoshi's dash can be upgraded to do 90 damage as well as giving him the best movement in the game next to Luigi
>mfw I chain dashes with pipes and move him from spawn to the other side of the map while heavily damaging foes and finishing them off with a duck bomb.

I haven't got either yoshi yet, but so far Mario is the most maneuverable. Luigi can get further, but it requires setting your team up perfectly where as mario can team jump and almost always have an option for his stomp to bounce off of

Rabbids are fun as fuck
>aggro enemies with R Mario
>vamp dash them with R Luigi
>bomb dash them
>finish them off with hammer

This is what I do. If it were possible to have R Yoshi in the team as well I feel like that would be the best team because of what said.

>I haven't got either yoshi yet, but so far Mario is the most maneuverable
I maxed out Rabbid Yoshi and he can move 9 cells and 6 cells when exiting a pipe as well as do 5 consecutive dashes each at 90 damage. He is by far the best character for me. Idk about regular Yoshi though since you unlock him so late into the game (in world 4 and you don't unlock him yet)

I've been running a Mario/Rabbid Mario/Peach party while cleaning up World 2 challenges/secret chapter and I find myself using Mario mostly for movement and cleanup. Rabbid Mario and Peach's shotguns are basically WMDs if you can get the enemies to group together.

>reach the goal area
>Jump over the entire map with Luigi
>Use movement buff next turn
>win

I wanted him to deactivate his secretary inhibitors in the last mission, but alas, it was not meant to be.
At least I got to see him in a tux with round glasses in that hologram.

Just keep it in the PC, you don't even need to hatch it.